Shenanigans Afoot...

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

GingerSquatch93 #1 Posted 17 May 2018 - 05:53 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 4712 battles
  • [VKNG]

So I've noticed something in the last few months, with regards to the tech tree, there are instances where two tank lines merge into a single line. Now there's nothing wrong with this, but there are some things that make this strange, the first thing is that you cannot combine the experience from those two different tanks to research the next tank higher.

The second is that there are several instances that the resulting tank is more than twice as expensive in terms of experience than any other tank in its tier, and often more expensive than the tank the NEXT tier higher. The two most obvious examples (that I remember right now) are the AMX 13 F3, coming from the AMX 12t and the AMX 13 105 which is actually more expensive than the Lorraine the next tier up and the Jackson, coming from the Wolverine and the E8.

Is there any kind of concrete reasoning for this? Or was it meant to be able to combine XP for research and someone didn't double check their code?

Commander, 16th Armored Battalion "Viking" - Ask me about joining!

Lejonet från Norden​ - The Lion from the North

​MoE: // **: T-34-85 // *: T-44-100, Primo Victoria, Strv M-42/57, Emil II, VK 30.01D, AMX 13 57, Indien-Pz.

​Technical Engineer: Sweden, Czechoslovakia (Working towards China and Britain)

Willen #2 Posted 17 May 2018 - 10:49 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 21822 battles

You have to think of the XP as still going to the tank you are using currently to get Elite status, not going towards unlocking the next tank.

Plus, in the instance of the Jackson, it will be faster going from the Wolverine since it's TD to TD. Any time you jump a line to a different tank type like the E8 to the Jackson (medium to TD), that branch is going to cost more. Yes, it sucks that to elite the E8 is much more than similar tanks due to the extra requirement, but it gives some people an option for accessing a different line without starting at tier 2.

So if you want to spend the minimum amount of XP to unlock these tanks, go through the tech line straight, don't go through a different branch (or root?).

GingerSquatch93 #3 Posted 18 May 2018 - 06:21 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 4712 battles
  • [VKNG]

View PostWillen, on 17 May 2018 - 05:49 PM, said:

You have to think of the XP as still going to the tank you are using currently to get Elite status, not going towards unlocking the next tank.

Plus, in the instance of the Jackson, it will be faster going from the Wolverine since it's TD to TD. Any time you jump a line to a different tank type like the E8 to the Jackson (medium to TD), that branch is going to cost more. Yes, it sucks that to elite the E8 is much more than similar tanks due to the extra requirement, but it gives some people an option for accessing a different line without starting at tier 2.

So if you want to spend the minimum amount of XP to unlock these tanks, go through the tech line straight, don't go through a different branch (or root?).

​That is so far off my point its almost not funny. My question is, regardless of jumping branches, why is it the case that a tank comes from two different ones, costs TWICE as much as the rest of the tier but you can't use the experience from both tanks in researching the final product? Especially when in certain instances, there is features from both tanks in the resulting tank.

​MoE: // **: T-34-85 // *: T-44-100, Primo Victoria, Strv M-42/57, Emil II, VK 30.01D, AMX 13 57, Indien-Pz.

PATRIOTICxTBro #4 Posted 18 May 2018 - 06:29 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 11808 battles
  • [-HOW-]

View PostGingerSquatch93, on 18 May 2018 - 06:21 PM, said:

​That is so far off my point its almost not funny. My question is, regardless of jumping branches, why is it the case that a tank comes from two different ones, costs TWICE as much as the rest of the tier but you can't use the experience from both tanks in researching the final product? Especially when in certain instances, there is features from both tanks in the resulting tank.

i was going to help but then you had to go and be rude for no reason. So figure this one out on your own kid. 

Ask me how to join -HOW- 2nd armored Hell on Wheels

T-Bear420 #5 Posted 18 May 2018 - 07:26 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 32805 battles
  • [D-P-M]
So this clown gets an answer from someone who almost has seven times the games played and doesn't like the answer. So the poster then becomes a jack-donkey! Awesome! :trollface:

DefiantSpurr #6 Posted 18 May 2018 - 07:40 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 12185 battles
  • [BNKR]
Yeah i noticed this with a few branches too. If there are two lines that merge,even if the last tanks before the merge are both elite, it will only use xp from one line to unlock the tank they both go to. Annoying.

everything i say is my own opinion.

Subscribe to my YouTube! 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWzcAleBFZ4c4ynWXXkZItQ

Schiavoser #7 Posted 18 May 2018 - 07:44 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 27780 battles

View PostGingerSquatch93, on 18 May 2018 - 06:21 PM, said:

It doesn't really cost "twice as much," now that you know how your XP will pay for it. In future instances, choose one path toward the tank you want and not both. Problem solved.

DefiantSpurr #8 Posted 18 May 2018 - 07:48 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 12185 battles
  • [BNKR]

Examples:

Japanese line, ke-ho light tank and Che-he medium tank merge at the Chi-Nu. And yet only xp from one unlocks the chi-nu.

Subscribe to my YouTube! 

DefiantSpurr #9 Posted 18 May 2018 - 07:49 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 12185 battles
  • [BNKR]

Same with the firefly and Achilles. Both merge at the challenger. Again only one can contribute xp when unlocking.

And the kv-13+ kv85..

most nations have a line which does it. It's really annoying

Subscribe to my YouTube! 

Corrupted Ewok #10 Posted 18 May 2018 - 08:24 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 18378 battles
  • [REEK]

Each tanks xp is unique to that tank regardless of what comes after or parallel to it. Until you throw your wallet at the situation anyway.

Most instances, possibly all of them, where a tank is accessible in the tech tree from multiple lower or same tier tanks have been only accessible from a single tank in the past and as far as progress is concerned these are still separate lines up to that point. XP isn't interchangeable between lines, merging at a single point or otherwise, without converting it to free XP. So there's your answer. Gold.

I want the old Chaffee back.

Lok-Vah-Koor!

GingerSquatch93 #11 Posted 26 May 2018 - 01:23 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 4712 battles
  • [VKNG]

View PostT-Bear420, on 18 May 2018 - 02:26 PM, said:

So this clown gets an answer from someone who almost has seven times the games played and doesn't like the answer. So the poster then becomes a jack-donkey! Awesome! :trollface:

Yeah, seven times the number of games...on this account...don't assume that number of games automatically equates to experience unless you know for sure otherwise.

View PostPATRIOTICxTBro, on 18 May 2018 - 01:29 PM, said:

i was going to help but then you had to go and be rude for no reason. So figure this one out on your own kid. 

Not being rude, pointing out that what was thought was my point isn't.

View PostCorrupted Ewok, on 18 May 2018 - 03:24 PM, said:

Each tanks xp is unique to that tank regardless of what comes after or parallel to it. Until you throw your wallet at the situation anyway.

Most instances, possibly all of them, where a tank is accessible in the tech tree from multiple lower or same tier tanks have been only accessible from a single tank in the past and as far as progress is concerned these are still separate lines up to that point. XP isn't interchangeable between lines, merging at a single point or otherwise, without converting it to free XP. So there's your answer. Gold.

My point is, why isn't it interchangeable at points where two lines come together? It's like that at several other points, besides than the one I mentioned. Off the top of my head I can remember the Lorraine 40t going up to tier X and that mess of German tanks around the Ferdinand/Jagdtiger

PATRIOTICxTBro #12 Posted 26 May 2018 - 03:58 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 11808 battles
  • [-HOW-]

View PostGingerSquatch93, on 25 May 2018 - 05:23 PM, said:

Yeah, seven times the number of games...on this account...don't assume that number of games automatically equates to experience unless you know for sure otherwise.

Not being rude, pointing out that what was thought was my point isn't.

My point is, why isn't it interchangeable at points where two lines come together? It's like that at several other points, besides than the one I mentioned. Off the top of my head I can remember the Lorraine 40t going up to tier X and that mess of German tanks around the Ferdinand/Jagdtiger

unfortunately you don’t get to decide if you’re being rude or not that’s up to the individuals own opinion

Ask me how to join -HOW- 2nd armored Hell on Wheels

Corrupted Ewok #13 Posted 26 May 2018 - 12:19 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 18378 battles
  • [REEK]

View PostGingerSquatch93, on 26 May 2018 - 01:23 AM, said:

My point is, why isn't it interchangeable at points where two lines come together?

Why? Because it isn't the games job to make things nice and easy for us. It is the games job to frustrate and annoy us into using gold to bypass such things. They don't want regular xp behaving like free xp regardless of which lines connect what tanks. $$$

It's the same old story of player experience Vs profit and how best to strike a balance between the 2. Thing is, you already have your balance in being able to switch lines at any point in the first place. Now please stop making me defend WGCB. This doesn't feel right.

I want the old Chaffee back.

Lok-Vah-Koor!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users