Tips for streaming

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

LadyTanker #1 Posted 22 May 2018 - 03:16 PM

Major

• Players
  • 5867 battles

I’m thinking about streaming and what my purpose and goals would be for doing it. Most of the streamers I’ve seen have been men. I’m fine with that, but I know other women besides me play too. I thought it might encourage other women and teen girls to see a female streaming. I’m curious if you think this would be of interest? 

I don’t want to be like everybody else who streams. I’d like to know what do you look for when you watch a stream? What do you want to see? What do streamers do that you don’t like? Do you have any safety tips? 

rhymeswithN00bs #2 Posted 22 May 2018 - 03:37 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 16150 battles
  • [GIRLS]

Don't play arty, it's boring to watch. 

Interact with your viewers, say hi to them and thank them for stopping by. Invite them to platoon, viewers seem to like that.

XOXO, Noobius Y

DWP1992 #3 Posted 22 May 2018 - 04:04 PM

Sergeant

• WoTC Online Contributor
  • 39391 battles
  • [PRIME]
have fun with game even when your having bad match and if you want to join one of my stream and give you a shout out let me know

WoTC Online Contributor

My twitch Channel

https://www.twitch.tv/dwp1992

May the RNG Gods be with you.

Jope2209 #4 Posted 22 May 2018 - 05:15 PM

Major

• Players
  • 34667 battles

View PostLadyTanker, on 22 May 2018 - 03:16 PM, said:

I’m thinking about streaming and what my purpose and goals would be for doing it. Most of the streamers I’ve seen have been men. I’m fine with that, but I know other women besides me play too. I thought it might encourage other women and teen girls to see a female streaming. I’m curious if you think this would be of interest? 

I don’t want to be like everybody else who streams. I’d like to know what do you look for when you watch a stream? What do you want to see? What do streamers do that you don’t like? Do you have any safety tips? 

I can't really tell you what I want to see on stream here, I'm afraid mods are watching :teethhappy:.

On a more serious note, of course you should stream, more girls should play WoT for sure. Play regular tanks, not premiums, arty is boring to watch. Communicate with your viewers, that is always nice. Share some of your own experience and don't give advice to people if you're not so sure about what you're advising.

The 13. (Tiger) Kompanie, of Panzer Regiment Großdeutschland, reported on the performance of the 88 mm KwK 36 L/56, when their Tigers engaged the T-34: "First round hits were usually achieved at ranges between 800 to 1,000 meters. At these ranges, the Panzer Granate (they are referring to the PzGr. 39 APCBC ammunition) absolutely penetrated through the frontal armor, and usually still destroyed the engine at the rear of the T-34 tank. In 80 percent of the cases, shots from the same range hitting the side of the hull toward the rear of the tank resulted in the fuel tanks exploding. Even at ranges of 1,500 meters and longer, during favorable weather, it is possible to succeed in penetrating the T-34 with minimal expenditure of ammunition" (JENTZ, Thomas L.; Germany's TIGER Tanks - Tiger I and II: Combat Tactics; op. cit.).

3 MoE tanks: T-34, Pz IVH, Tiger I, Pz.Kpfw. T 25, M7, T-50

New updated poll - please take a minute and cast your votes for the least preferred map in rotation (2019)

LadyTanker #5 Posted 22 May 2018 - 06:19 PM

Major

• Players
  • 5867 battles

View PostDWP1992, on 22 May 2018 - 10:04 AM, said:

have fun with game even when your having bad match and if you want to join one of my stream and give you a shout out let me know

That would be cool. 

LadyTanker #6 Posted 22 May 2018 - 06:21 PM

Major

• Players
  • 5867 battles

View PostJope2209, on 22 May 2018 - 11:15 AM, said:

I can't really tell you what I want to see on stream here, I'm afraid mods are watching :teethhappy:.

On a more serious note, of course you should stream, more girls should play WoT for sure. Play regular tanks, not premiums, arty is boring to watch. Communicate with your viewers, that is always nice. Share some of your own experience and don't give advice to people if you're not so sure about what you're advising.

Thanks for your input. 

xxBattleroyAL #7 Posted 22 May 2018 - 06:21 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 17626 battles

Here are my thoughts....

--Yes of course, we like to see a variety of streamers, especially ladies.  Raibot streams once a week with the community.  Try using twitch, its the most used service. You'll see DWP on there, along with many others.  Or youtube live if you prefer.  I always like watching different people stream.  

I don’t want to be like everybody else who streams. I’d like to know what do you look for when you watch a stream?

--Watch other streamers, then decide what best suits you.  Being unique will set you apart.  go on twitch and look at PUBG & you'll see girls streaming.  But do ONLY what suits your personality. Do not do something because other people tell you.

What do you want to see? 

--Someone having fun and being themselves.  I know you've watched Spartan's youtube clips.  See how he acts himself when playing with Bullvyi?  It comes natural, so do something that is natural to you.    

What do streamers do that you don’t like?

--Acting fake.  I have seen many women streamers out there using sex to sell or promote their channel.  Because they are trying to gain more subs to gain more $$$.   

Do you have any safety tips? 

--Since you are a lady, you'll get the a**h*les saying inappropriate things.  PM Raibot and ask her for direct experience & advice.  The streaming services have ways to block people & abusers.  

Try streaming & see how it suits you.  I'll watch for you & try to catch your streams.

LadyTanker #8 Posted 22 May 2018 - 06:22 PM

Major

• Players
  • 5867 battles

View PostrhymeswithN00bs, on 22 May 2018 - 09:37 AM, said:

Don't play arty, it's boring to watch. 

Interact with your viewers, say hi to them and thank them for stopping by. Invite them to platoon, viewers seem to like that.

Thanks! 

LadyTanker #9 Posted 22 May 2018 - 06:29 PM

Major

• Players
  • 5867 battles

View Postbigalternation, on 22 May 2018 - 12:21 PM, said:

Here are my thoughts....

--Yes of course, we like to see a variety of streamers, especially ladies.  Raibot streams once a week with the community.  Try using twitch, its the most used service. You'll see DWP on there, along with many others.  Or youtube live if you prefer.  I always like watching different people stream.  

I don’t want to be like everybody else who streams. I’d like to know what do you look for when you watch a stream?

--Watch other streamers, then decide what best suits you.  Being unique will set you apart.  go on twitch and look at PUBG & you'll see girls streaming.  But do ONLY what suits your personality. Do not do something because other people tell you.

What do you want to see? 

--Someone having fun and being themselves.  I know you've watched Spartan's youtube clips.  See how he acts himself when playing with Bullvyi?  It comes natural, so do something that is natural to you.    

What do streamers do that you don’t like?

--Acting fake.  I have seen many women streamers out there using sex to sell or promote their channel.  Because they are trying to gain more subs to gain more $$$.   

Do you have any safety tips? 

--Since you are a lady, you'll get the a**h*les saying inappropriate things.  PM Raibot and ask her for direct experience & advice.  The streaming services have ways to block people & abusers.  

Try streaming & see how it suits you.  I'll watch for you & try to catch your streams.

Thanks. That helps a lot. I don’t have a webcam for my PS4 so I’m not really sure how I would do twitch or live YouTube. I do like videos that have that element better. I’m always curious to see who I’m listening to. If I was doing videos on arts and crafts, I might feel a little less apprehensive about putting my image out there. The thought of possibly getting inappropriate comments also does not sound very thrilling. Lol. I feel the same way that you said. I don’t like fake or seduction. 

Merun #10 Posted 22 May 2018 - 07:26 PM

Major

• Players
  • 12380 battles
  • [FRONT]

I just want to add:

Do what you like and not just what you think others want to see. Your fun is very important. If both things go together, go for it.

Merun, official smartass of clan [FRONT]

Just a german guy who loves to play weird tanks.

Playing on Xbox 360 and Xbox One

Tanks to kill: 73(11 T, 8 M, 54 P)

The1970Hooper #11 Posted 22 May 2018 - 07:44 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 9835 battles

Be sure to post when and where, so us forum folk can tune in for support. And don't go all Hollywood on us when your rich and famous. lol.

Any road followed precisely to its end leads precisely nowhere. Climb the mountain just a little bit to test that it's a mountain. From the top of the mountain, you cannot see the mountain.” 
― Frank Herbert, Dune

rhymeswithN00bs #12 Posted 22 May 2018 - 07:50 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 16150 battles
  • [GIRLS]

This probably makes me sound paranoid but for me, I don't reveal any personal details or anything someone could use to figure out who I am, not even the name of my dog. Because I've been careful I feel comfortable showing my face when the occasion calls for it. I know that someone who creeps on my picture can't come to my house and ax murder me, since they don't know who I am. So yeah, maybe I'm paranoid, but imo you can't be too careful.

I will be honest, as a female myself I just want female streamers to be chill about being a woman. We're like half of the world's population. It's not a big deal, so don't make it a big deal. Have fun, be fun, and people will watch you.

XOXO, Noobius Y

The1970Hooper #13 Posted 22 May 2018 - 08:14 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 9835 battles

View PostrhymeswithN00bs, on 22 May 2018 - 03:50 PM, said:

This probably makes me sound paranoid but for me, I don't reveal any personal details or anything someone could use to figure out who I am, not even the name of my dog. Because I've been careful I feel comfortable showing my face when the occasion calls for it. I know that someone who creeps on my picture can't come to my house and ax murder me, since they don't know who I am. So yeah, maybe I'm paranoid, but imo you can't be too careful.

I will be honest, as a female myself I just want female streamers to be chill about being a woman. We're like half of the world's population. It's not a big deal, so don't make it a big deal. Have fun, be fun, and people will watch you.

You mean I sharpened my axe for nothing? But I was so looking forward to being on Dateline.

honestly, just joking. :teethhappy:

Any road followed precisely to its end leads precisely nowhere. Climb the mountain just a little bit to test that it's a mountain. From the top of the mountain, you cannot see the mountain.” 
― Frank Herbert, Dune

rhymeswithN00bs #14 Posted 22 May 2018 - 08:18 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 16150 battles
  • [GIRLS]

View PostThe1970Hooper, on 22 May 2018 - 02:14 PM, said:

You mean I sharpened my axe for nothing? But I was so looking forward to being on Dateline.

honestly, just joking. :teethhappy:

:ohmy:

XOXO, Noobius Y

xxBattleroyAL #15 Posted 22 May 2018 - 08:26 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 17626 battles

View PostLadyTanker, on 22 May 2018 - 10:29 AM, said:

Thanks. That helps a lot. I don’t have a webcam for my PS4 so I’m not really sure how I would do twitch or live YouTube. I do like videos that have that element better. I’m always curious to see who I’m listening to. If I was doing videos on arts and crafts, I might feel a little less apprehensive about putting my image out there. The thought of possibly getting inappropriate comments also does not sound very thrilling. Lol. I feel the same way that you said. I don’t like fake or seduction. 

do not do anything that makes you feel uncomfortable or whatever.  you do not need a webcam to stream.  Sharing the face behind the voice is a personal choice.  I share my personal details with folks after playing with them a few times & when I feel comfortable sharing.  When people hear my voice, the imagine me one way...which is totally different than how I look.  

You can be an entertaining streamer w/out sharing personal info or your face.  

Its sad that even in today's world, ladies still deal with oink oink type of guys.  

xxBattleroyAL #16 Posted 22 May 2018 - 08:30 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 17626 battles

View PostrhymeswithN00bs, on 22 May 2018 - 11:50 AM, said:

It does not make you sound that way at all, you're being smart & safe.  

guys hear a girl in game chat, she gets 29 friend requests/invites.

rhymeswithN00bs #17 Posted 22 May 2018 - 08:43 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 16150 battles
  • [GIRLS]

View Postbigalternation, on 22 May 2018 - 02:26 PM, said:

do not do anything that makes you feel uncomfortable or whatever.  you do not need a webcam to stream.  Sharing the face behind the voice is a personal choice.  I share my personal details with folks after playing with them a few times & when I feel comfortable sharing.  When people hear my voice, the imagine me one way...which is totally different than how I look.  

You can be an entertaining streamer w/out sharing personal info or your face.  

Its sad that even in today's world, ladies still deal with oink oink type of guys.  

Although to be fair to the world, the baddies are only like .01% of guys. Most people have been cool and chill, which is awesome. This game has a great community imo.

XOXO, Noobius Y

LadyTanker #18 Posted 22 May 2018 - 11:11 PM

Major

• Players
  • 5867 battles

View Postbigalternation, on 22 May 2018 - 02:30 PM, said:

It does not make you sound that way at all, you're being smart & safe.  

guys hear a girl in game chat, she gets 29 friend requests/invites.

I second that on being smart and safe.

They don’t even need to hear you talk. That’s one of the reasons I wish I had picked a neutral gamer tag. 

choppermeir #19 Posted 26 September 2018 - 06:25 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 9952 battles
  • [FILTH]

I started streaming a year a go just for fun and I've loved it. The best piece of advice I can give is just be you and be patient. Don't fake it don't try to copy people just be yourself and be patient, you won't build a streaming empire overnight so don't worry about it, yeah there may only be 5 people watching but that is 5 people that have come to see you so don't get down on yourself. 

You won't always want to platoon with people and that's fine, don't be afraid to say no, I mainly play solo but will do supporter streams or countdowns. Also if someone is watching but hasn't said anything let them lurk don't shout out to them unless they say hi first 

Streaming over on http://www.twitch.tv/choppermeir 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users