Gameplay quality bad during point based ops...yes or no.

soviet dream machines rewards ops

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Poll: Better games during point-based-ops? (51 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 50 battles in order to participate this poll.

Is gameplay better with point-based-ops?

1. Yes, players are less passive and more aggressive making for more challenging play (16 votes [31.37%])

Percentage of vote: 31.37%

2. No, points hungry players don't care about the team or winning and team objectives suffer (35 votes [68.63%])

Percentage of vote: 68.63%

Vote Hide poll

JONNYREBELGTX #1 Posted 23 May 2018 - 04:39 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20355 battles
So, as many have noticed, typical gameplay often suffers for the team as a whole, as many players are unconcerned about working as a team and/or winning battles. They are just interested in selfishly harvesting points for a points based op. Do you think gameplay suffers when a point-based op is on?

milesizdead #2 Posted 23 May 2018 - 04:45 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 18310 battles
  • [47R]
Missing third option, gameplay is the same as ever during ops :)

BrogueOne #3 Posted 23 May 2018 - 04:48 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 23396 battles
  • [ELDER]

View Postmilesizdead, on 23 May 2018 - 04:45 PM, said:

^^^

Potatoes are gonna potate.  Doesn’t matter if there’s free tanks on the line.

allhavoc #4 Posted 23 May 2018 - 04:53 PM

Major

• Players
  • 51387 battles
  • [10SR]

Poll is biased.  You've already made up your mind, anyway.

Another week and the event will be over, so start thinking of your next excuse for why you can't get a win.

[10SR]  

ATHFjman18 #5 Posted 23 May 2018 - 05:11 PM

Major

• Players
  • 18623 battles
  • [JOCO]

View Postmilesizdead, on 23 May 2018 - 11:45 AM, said:

I agree. There will always be a couple of try-hards, but the point based XP ops have been the best option for earn ops while maintaining core gameplay style for players. 

The ops that require only things like “Get a Top Gun for 3 pts” or “Get 45,000 tracking assist damage” are what skews gameplay. 

ThermalStone #6 Posted 23 May 2018 - 05:15 PM

Major

• Players
  • 32927 battles
  • [80085]

How do you play to get into the top third of your team while at the same time playing poorly or trying to lose?  It's not possible unless you are referring to players avoiding an early capture, in which case they need ops like this all the time.  

This is the best structured op they've done in a long time.  It should be the model for every op in the future, and yet some players still [edited]about it.  Got to love the forum community.

I'm not stealing kills, I'm handing out Confederate medals.

YCS-186 #7 Posted 23 May 2018 - 05:25 PM

Major

• Players
  • 19978 battles
  • [HJCAD]
if you think this is bad, you should have been here for the Christmas earn op that had a stage where you needed to rack up tracking assists. Heavy tanks were completely unplayable, you'd just get permatracked for the entire match by 2 or 3 reds while they waited for their teammates to shoot you.
In the grim darkness of the future of World of Tanks Fantasy, there is only disappointment.
Derp for the Derp God, prammo for the prammo throne! Let the gameplay burn!

WESTW33ZY #8 Posted 23 May 2018 - 05:26 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 14780 battles
These ops bring back all the bad players for a free tank and i agree the gameplay is bad but its fairly easy to get pts so i dont really care tbh. The op ends in a few days and the gameplay will be slightly better but not even noticeable i just dont see as many yolo's which is strange because i never understand why these ops make people want to yolo as theyre unlikely to get pts.

Twitter @WESTW33ZY

f1mitku #9 Posted 23 May 2018 - 05:26 PM

Major

• Players
  • 47837 battles
This is the best Op type. Also for the game play. On the other hand all Ops skew the game play, but this Op type skew the game play the least. 
Don't rush me, I'm waiting for the last moment!

El Materdor43 #10 Posted 23 May 2018 - 05:52 PM

Major

• Players
  • 33391 battles
  • [HACKS]
It is good that the Op is XP based however, the problem is that too many players try to quantify their playing time, the more games they play, the more XP they earn. That is true to an extent. It assumes that you will always finish in the top 5. The reality is that for quite a few players, their game is over within the first few minutes, thereby affecting their team overall. I have been pretty fortunate to have been on the team that benefits from this but it isn’t always the case and it sure Inst that way across the board.  New players are exposed to this and it becomes their playstyle, much to the overall detriment of the game. There have always been bad players but the game has had enough good players to set a good example. That is not the case now. 

Neurotic Cell #11 Posted 23 May 2018 - 05:55 PM

Major

• Players
  • 23125 battles
  • [FLT]

View Postf1mitku, on 23 May 2018 - 12:26 PM, said:

This is the best Op type. Also for the game play. On the other hand all Ops skew the game play, but this Op type skew the game play the least. 

This.  The current op type is far better than kills, or lottery ticket payouts.  The gameplay, as far as I can tell, is no different between this type of op and no op.  Now, people may play differently for the Soviet ops, as they have that horrible kill-driven system.

"Win or lose, naught to choose - all men are equal when their memory fades. No one knows, friends or foes, if Valhalla lies beyond the grave." - Motörhead “Deaf Forever”

JONNYREBELGTX #12 Posted 23 May 2018 - 06:26 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20355 battles

View Postallhavoc, on 23 May 2018 - 04:53 PM, said:

Poll is biased.  You've already made up your mind, anyway.

Another week and the event will be over, so start thinking of your next excuse for why you can't get a win.

You must be one of those players. Common sense dictates where there's cohesive, good teamwork, the better the team does. No better player to judge the effect of the op on gameplay quality than me, who is essentially a Joe Average player. Many players have observed and commented about this degraded state of team play.

Why just this morning, while our cap siren was howling, I observed 3 players that could have broken the cap, ignore it and continue to farm damage. If this isn't an example of "points before team" I don't know what is.

Yesterday, the same on Malinovka. Farming damage for the Op instead of resetting the cap. We also held a 4:1 superiority, but my team as a whole ignored the cap.

JONNYREBELGTX #13 Posted 23 May 2018 - 06:31 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20355 battles
Believe me, I like the op and got some rewards with it, but it comes at a by product of gameplay, not the main focus.

ACS138 #14 Posted 23 May 2018 - 06:34 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 20186 battles

For a lengthy op like this I feel this is pretty close to the best set up (XP Top 5 rewards). That being said I certainly witnessed some players taking a loss (refused to return to base for cap reset, in tanks that were fast enough to reach in time) to farm last minute damage. However, that didn't seem to happen all too often. And I do feel gameplay has been overall less passive, which made the game seem more dynamic.

I earned a free tank (T29) and had a good time doing it. I do wish they'd do big ops like this every other month. I kind of like just having the grinds to work on with no extra objectives, but that's just me. Hoping we get more ops like this in the future (but not next month haha).

"Be moderate in your temper, and unyielding in your principles. Or change your mind and yell about it"

RELIC x #15 Posted 23 May 2018 - 07:42 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 26831 battles
  • [47R]
I wouldn't say the play is better or worse overall, just different.  Defending on assault matches seems less common, and the initial engagements seems to develop a little more quickly, but overall it appears mostly the same to me.

CORSAIR_CRAZY #16 Posted 23 May 2018 - 07:56 PM

Major

• Players
  • 33903 battles
  • [SRT]

I hope this answers your question.

today I received 5 points and top billing on my team with 3 pens, yes, you read that right, 3 pens and 353 dmg with an additional 61 spotting dmg.  

It was a tier 6 match and I was in my cromwell b. on ghost town and not one single teamate came to my rescue even though we had more tanks at the corner.  I got jumped and my teamates ran instead of shooting red tanks.  They all got shot in their nacksides doing no dmg.  Because I died so early I was completely shocked to get the top billing, unreal!

Honestly, I just can’t make sense of this new state of affairs, I just don’t know whats going on:ohmy:

I am a farmable asset,  please don’t call me a potato

Neurotic Cell #17 Posted 23 May 2018 - 08:08 PM

Major

• Players
  • 23125 battles
  • [FLT]

View PostJONNYREBELGTX, on 23 May 2018 - 01:26 PM, said:

You must be one of those players. Common sense dictates where there's cohesive, good teamwork, the better the team does. No better player to judge the effect of the op on gameplay quality than me, who is essentially a Joe Average player. Many players have observed and commented about this degraded state of team play.

Why just this morning, while our cap siren was howling, I observed 3 players that could have broken the cap, ignore it and continue to farm damage. If this isn't an example of "points before team" I don't know what is.

Yesterday, the same on Malinovka. Farming damage for the Op instead of resetting the cap. We also held a 4:1 superiority, but my team as a whole ignored the cap.

Here’s the thing - long as I’ve been playing, before ops were even a thing - games have ended as you describe.  Blame WN8 (and 7 before it), not XP/point ops.

"Win or lose, naught to choose - all men are equal when their memory fades. No one knows, friends or foes, if Valhalla lies beyond the grave." - Motörhead “Deaf Forever”

Tempest fox3 #18 Posted 23 May 2018 - 08:09 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 21023 battles
  • [JOCO]
No worse than any other time.

War is a Democracy and the enemy always gets a vote.

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite, E-75, T32, Tiger 131, Skoda T25 - In order obtained

Spoiler

theSwansonFTW #19 Posted 23 May 2018 - 08:11 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 22861 battles

No as always gameplay suffers whenever there is an Op running.

Barging to chase damage, premium tanks spamming premium in platoons, complete deliberate disregard for thee game result to chase damage. Hell I'm as guilty of chasing damage at all costs to eke out enough EXP to squeeze into the top five by any means necessary as any one else.

I am just glad I got the thousand and can now choose whether to play or not, and I have to say the Motherland right now is looking like the only tank i'll ever need. 

Three marked tanks: VK30.01H, O-I Experimental, PzIII/IV,

mcnoople #20 Posted 23 May 2018 - 08:16 PM

Major

• Players
  • 47906 battles
  • [47R]
The current point based ops really isn't that bad.  Why?  They gave us weeks to do the OP.  If it was a weekend only OP I would be screaming to get torches and pitchforks.  The big game destroyers are when they require players to use certain tanks or classes to unlock rewards.  Flood the MM with heavy tanks and the game sucks.  Flood the game with all Soviet tanks and the game sucks.  Basically if the OP gives time to complete and gives players the freedom to use whatever they have in their garage it doesn't have as much of a detriment to gameplay quality.

290+ tanks played haven't caught 'em all yet  539543

Think you are the best at WOT this link might explain why you are so good at this game.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_effect

Also tagged with soviet dream machines, rewards, ops

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users