What is The Best Way To Earn Silver?

Silver Noob Help Advide New Players What am I doing?

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

StumpsWorth91 #1 Posted 29 May 2018 - 09:31 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 3840 battles

:honoring:Hello everyone! I hope your day is going well.

Im not exactly new to WoT but boy am I trash at this game. I only average about 8k silver a game and i see people who get close to 100,000 silver. I guess my question is what is the best way to get silver without getting prem status and any advice for helping out teammates ... I always thought it was kills but i had a game where i got 5 kills and only made 6k. Can anyone give me some advise? 

Thanks for anyone who takes the time to help me out and hopefully others. 

Reskins Sell, People Like them

-RaiBOT01

Restless_Vermin #2 Posted 29 May 2018 - 09:44 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 38682 battles

View PostStumpsWorth91, on 29 May 2018 - 09:31 PM, said:

Im not exactly new to WoT but boy am I trash at this game. I only average about 8k silver a game and i see people who get close to 100,000 silver. I guess my question is what is the best way to get silver without getting prem status and any advice for helping out teammates ... I always thought it was kills but i had a game where i got 5 kills and only made 6k. Can anyone give me some advise? 

Damage = silver

If you don’t have any premium tanks then certain types make better silver than others. If I recall arty and TDs make the most

StumpsWorth91 #3 Posted 29 May 2018 - 09:49 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 3840 battles

View Posttonygillott, on 29 May 2018 - 09:44 PM, said:

Damage = silver

If you don’t have any premium tanks then certain types make better silver than others. If I recall arty and TDs make the most

Thanks for you Reply!!

And thanks for the advice:justwait:

-RaiBOT01

ATHFjman18 #4 Posted 29 May 2018 - 09:52 PM

Major

• Players
  • 18218 battles
  • [JOCO]

Rollout into a tier VIII premium tank (pretty much any will work). Limit use of premium ammo and do not run premium consumables. Eventually you’ll start racking up 75-100k silver games easily and regularly. 

If you know you will continue to play the game it’s good to invest in a tier VIII premium tank or earn one for free in any upcoming earn op that will occur in the near future...

StumpsWorth91 #5 Posted 29 May 2018 - 09:58 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 3840 battles
Thanks Everyone! Im thankful for all the help and Advide!

View PostATHFjman18, on 29 May 2018 - 09:52 PM, said:

Rollout into a tier VIII premium tank (pretty much any will work). Limit use of premium ammo and do not run premium consumables. Eventually you’ll start racking up 75-100k silver games easily and regularly. 

If you know you will continue to play the game it’s good to invest in a tier VIII premium tank or earn one for free in any upcoming earn op that will occur in the near future...

the highest teir ive ever had is a Vl and it was the Jackson TD And the highest tier i currently have is a  V Chaffee light tank....  Its going to take me a long time to get to Vl and up again with my skill level :(

Edited by StumpsWorth91, 29 May 2018 - 10:12 PM.

-RaiBOT01

Restless_Vermin #6 Posted 29 May 2018 - 10:05 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 38682 battles

View PostStumpsWorth91, on 29 May 2018 - 09:58 PM, said:

Thanks Everyone! Im thankful for all the help and Advide!

the highest teir ive ever had is a Vll and it was the Jackson TD And the highest tier i currently have is a  V Chaffee light tank....  Its going to take me a long time to get to Vl and up again with my skill level :(

My advice? Stay in the lower tiers. Learn the game, take your time. At lower tiers silver is not great but then you don’t need much. When you are consistently finishing top in games, then move on. 

LadyTanker #7 Posted 29 May 2018 - 10:26 PM

Major

• Players
  • 5867 battles

View PostStumpsWorth91, on 29 May 2018 - 03:31 PM, said:

I’ve seen some of the contributors here playing td and lights (Bullvyi the fellhanded and Spartan elite 43). They both get damage and kills, but also lots of spotting and assists-especially when playing lights. 

TripleFFFG #8 Posted 29 May 2018 - 10:59 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 44161 battles
Play a chapter in WS everyday, turn on the OPs, tigerfibel works best for me.(with the KV-5) 

DANCING FLAMES #9 Posted 30 May 2018 - 12:27 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 41135 battles
The simple answer is tier VIII premium tank. WS and providing grounds are a good no stress way of racking up some every day. Noticed you only have up to tier VI. I would play your fav tank. Only run manual extinguishers.Run premium repair kit and first aid but never use. That will give you a passive boost. Keep playing your fav till you rack up some. This will help you learn and make silver as well as build crew skills which are a big help. Be patient it takes some time to rack up a lot of silver. In the next op WG runs try to get a premium V-VIII That you like and grind that. You'll get there soon enough. Good luck.:)

Edited by DANCING FLAMES, 30 May 2018 - 01:20 AM.

Sweet Kitty JK #10 Posted 31 May 2018 - 02:19 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 2775 battles

View PostStumpsWorth91, on 29 May 2018 - 03:31 PM, said:

not much but cause alot of damage and kills = silver

• otherwise best way is to get premium time when its at 50% off sale.
  • play war stories with a good tank and complete the ops to make silver.
  • earn a good premium tank that makes silver, you can earn one in an earn ops when it comes around.
  • buy a good premium silver maker, get a good tier 8 premium tank

67% silver bonus
Mutant

65% silver bonus
Lowe 
Atomic

Hidden StuG 3

64% Silver bonus
Captured KV-1 

62% Silver bonus
T14 

60% silver bonus
King Tiger 
Banshee Comet
FV4202
T23E3
ISU-130
AMX M4 mle. 49
Primo Victoria
Stark Strv S1

59% Silver bonus
M4A2E4 Sherman / Ripper

A 360 tanker!                                                                                                   Xbox One player!

SightlessRogue0 #11 Posted 31 May 2018 - 04:29 AM

Major

• Players
  • 18514 battles

Did you win the motherland at the PO that just ended? The solution is there, in your garage. Once you've tamed it, even in level 9 and 10 games you will often finish top list and make a lot of money with it.

In the long run, however, you can take a funny, stress-free tank that does not cost much to run and that will amass money at a steady pace. I think for example cromwell. The advantage of this tank is to never need prammo.

I use Google translator for english language

Lots of juggling in french text, sometimes translator in trouble with that. If you do not understand what I write, tell me.

FinlandRed #12 Posted 31 May 2018 - 11:06 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 21350 battles

View PostSightlessRogue0, on 31 May 2018 - 04:29 AM, said:

Did you win the motherland at the PO that just ended? The solution is there, in your garage. Once you've tamed it, even in level 9 and 10 games you will often finish top list and make a lot of money with it.

In the long run, however, you can take a funny, stress-free tank that does not cost much to run and that will amass money at a steady pace. I think for example cromwell. The advantage of this tank is to never need prammo.

This is not good advice for a player who's only at Tier VI. We all know Tiers IX and X can be brutal and unforgiving especially to new players. Getting smashed by bigger tanks before you've had a chance to make a meaningful contribution just costs you more silver and is disheartening.

OP I'd take the advice of the other posters here and concentrate on low tiers and getting more damage per game. I'd stick with the Jackson TD. Find a nice bush behind the main line and concentrate on getting rounds on target without getting shot. 

Bibo1GerUk #13 Posted 31 May 2018 - 11:21 AM

Major

• Players
  • 27350 battles

At lower tiers:

Stop spending so much on Premium ammo and be frugal with your consumables.

Don't die early. Get assisted damage through spotting and tracking targets.

Tier 5 premium tanks can earn a decent amount as long as you don't die early and dish out damage. Just don't expect 100k, more like 20-30k silver.

Remember, it's just a game!

My little Youtube channel aka YeOldeGamer: https://www.youtube....xVCaFCLg/videos

IBROX 04 #14 Posted 31 May 2018 - 11:22 AM

Major

• Players
  • 20101 battles
  • [BNKR]
War stories. Played WS to complete the storyteller ops and made 120 million silver. + Made plenty of other stuff. It can be boring as hell , but worth it for the end result. 

SightlessRogue0 #15 Posted 31 May 2018 - 03:57 PM

Major

• Players
  • 18514 battles

View PostFinlandRed, on 31 May 2018 - 11:06 AM, said:

This is not good advice for a player who's only at Tier VI. We all know Tiers IX and X can be brutal and unforgiving especially to new players. Getting smashed by bigger tanks before you've had a chance to make a meaningful contribution just costs you more silver and is disheartening.

OP I'd take the advice of the other posters here and concentrate on low tiers and getting more damage per game. I'd stick with the Jackson TD. Find a nice bush behind the main line and concentrate on getting rounds on target without getting shot. 

You are right.

Edited by SightlessRogue0, 31 May 2018 - 03:58 PM.

I use Google translator for english language

Lots of juggling in french text, sometimes translator in trouble with that. If you do not understand what I write, tell me.

LadyTanker #16 Posted 31 May 2018 - 04:18 PM

Major

• Players
  • 5867 battles

View PostFinlandRed, on 31 May 2018 - 05:06 AM, said:

Glad you pointed this out. I’ve personally seen when I got to tier 7, ammo gets more expensive. If you miss a lot of shots or use a lot of premium ammo, you’ll have a chance to lose a lot more silver.

hailLS 7U7r #17 Posted 02 June 2018 - 06:14 PM

Private

• Players
  • 2466 battles

Ver publicacionStumpsWorth91, el 29 de mayo de 2018 - 09:31 PM, dijo:

: honrando:¡Hola a todos! Espero que tu día esté yendo bien.

No soy exactamente nuevo en WoT, pero chico soy basura en este juego. Solo promedio aproximadamente 8k de plata por juego y veo personas que se acercan a 100.000 de plata. Supongo que mi pregunta es cuál es la mejor manera de obtener plata sin obtener el estado prem y cualquier consejo para ayudar a sus compañeros de equipo ... Siempre pensé que era matar, pero tuve un juego en el que conseguí 5 muertes y solo obtuve 6k. ¿Alguien puede darme algún consejo? 

Gracias a todos los que se toman el tiempo para ayudarme y espero que otros. 

hailLS 7U7r #18 Posted 02 June 2018 - 06:16 PM

Private

• Players
  • 2466 battles
Hola amigo, bueno la mejor manera aparte del daño, son las asistencias tanto por avistamiento como por inmovilizar al enemigo :)

LadyTanker #19 Posted 02 June 2018 - 06:19 PM

Major

• Players
  • 5867 battles

View PosthailLS 7U7r, on 02 June 2018 - 12:16 PM, said:

Hola amigo, bueno la mejor manera aparte del daño, son las asistencias tanto por avistamiento como por inmovilizar al enemigo :)

Not to be rude, but this is the English community forum. I think they want people to respond in English. 

Rattlybeast66 #20 Posted 03 June 2018 - 06:43 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 15081 battles
  • [RBUK]

Kills don't make you silver they give you xp . Damage of all types makes silver. Direct damage, assisted damage by spotting or shooting the track of a tank then letting the others finish it off.  The more damage you do, the more you make.

However remember the consumables used, the shells used, and repairs to your tank come out of your silver award first. The higher the tier the higher the cost. A tier 10 tank used standard shells at a 1000 or more a shot. Prem ammo more like 4 to 5000 a shot and tank repair is around 25000. Tier 9 is a bit better at 16000 for repair and so on

Hope this helps a bit

Ps you don't necessarily earn more the higher your tier, you just do more damage with big guns

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users