Do you know of anyone known for their gaming and their faith?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

LadyTanker #1 Posted 01 June 2018 - 02:27 AM

Major

• Players
  • 5867 battles

There are people in different areas such as athletics who are examples of living out their faith where it can be difficult to do. I don’t have a problem with people who don’t have faith or who have different beliefs than my own, but I am curious about any people who are known for their video gaming and their faith? 

I don’t want to get into any discussions about faith in this thread. I’d just like to find other people who are good examples of living out their faith in this kind of industry that is not known for that.

zZGROGZz #2 Posted 01 June 2018 - 08:51 AM

Major

• Players
  • 19028 battles

There were one or two with scripture quotes in their sig, but I haven’t seen them around for a while.

Myself, I’m a christian, although struggling, and I find it an even bigger struggle when playing WoT. That’s no joke, at the moment games just seem to drag out the worst in me, not just WoT.

Anyhow, I’m interested to see how many other faithful people play this game, and if they find it difficult too.

!KING OF THE POTATO SKRUBLORDS!

LadyTanker #3 Posted 01 June 2018 - 11:35 AM

Major

• Players
  • 5867 battles

View PostzZGROGZz, on 01 June 2018 - 02:51 AM, said:

There were one or two with scripture quotes in their sig, but I haven’t seen them around for a while.

Myself, I’m a christian, although struggling, and I find it an even bigger struggle when playing WoT. That’s no joke, at the moment games just seem to drag out the worst in me, not just WoT.

Anyhow, I’m interested to see how many other faithful people play this game, and if they find it difficult too.

That might not mean that much. Watch was people do more than what they say. :)

I’m sorry you’re struggling. I can relate to that. There are several elements of gaming that show who we truly are. It can be discouraging to see so many of our own flaws. Unless your tendency is to notice other people’s flaws. In that case, it can be equally discouraging.

One of the people I admire from athletics is Bethany Hamilton. She has suffered physically and yet is still a skilled surfer. She is open about her faith, but from what I’ve seen of her public life, she is not one to push it upon others. She is a person who seems to live by example rather than merely talking. I wondered if there were any people like that in the gaming world. When I did a search online, I found a lot of stuff that made me roll my eyes and move on. 

Sovietdeath #4 Posted 01 June 2018 - 11:41 AM

Major

• WoTC Online Contributor
  • 15347 battles

View PostLadyTanker, on 31 May 2018 - 09:27 PM, said:

There are people in different areas such as athletics who are examples of living out their faith where it can be difficult to do. I don’t have a problem with people who don’t have faith or who have different beliefs than my own, but I am curious about any people who are known for their video gaming and their faith? 

I don’t want to get into any discussions about faith in this thread. I’d just like to find other people who are good examples of living out their faith in this kind of industry that is not known for that.

Many in the gaming world tend to not get into expressing thier faith one way or another but live by beign a positive example.

Personally my big 2 for that are Markiplier and Jacksepticeye both go above and beyond in charitable contributions and will take time out of thier schedule to do any good that they can.

They certainly play up to stereotypes and language at times but outside of entertainment they are generally kind hearted and charitable.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users