What Why Reasons Bacon

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Kebabsaurus Rex #1 Posted 01 June 2018 - 02:16 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 18637 battles
  • [ASYLM]

Just a general Friday afternoon question to get a bit of debate going. Please be civil :)

What would your first 6 (essential) crew skills and perks and suggested equipment be for the below? NOTE- you do not have to answer all of them, just pick your favourite.

1. Heavies - happy for anyone to breakdown into super heavies, heavy mediums etc.

2. TDs - turreted or fixed

3. Mediums - brawler or sniper

4. Lights - passive or active scout

5. Arty

Above and beyond the skills/perks and equipment, why would you choose those? Please give your rationale so as to understand the choice.

Sadriel Fett #2 Posted 01 June 2018 - 02:32 PM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 27262 battles
  • [A4C]

The WoT Reddit page has a lot of good suggestions on skills/ perks for specific tank classes.  

As for equipment, I'll usually check out this site initially.

--WoT Statistic and Tank Performance Analyzer (vBAddict.net)

(Click on Statistics > Tank Statistics > Lifetime > then do search for specific tank to see most used setups)

I don't always use the exact setups these sites suggest, because sometimes a tweak here and there works better for personal playstyles than what's listed.  But they're definitely good places to get started with.  I will start with those sites, then fine tune the setups with the Tanks.GG website to see how effective they are for me.

~ There's no such thing as "Arty Safe."  You have to play "Arty Aware."  You have to play "SmArty." ~

~ The worst enemies you will ever face in this game are your own team mates. ~

DwarfOnDrugs #3 Posted 01 June 2018 - 02:36 PM

Major

• Players
  • 30854 battles
  • [-UNL-]

1. rammer vents stabs, sixth sense repairs BIA (Other depends on the vehicle)

2. Rammer optics/binocs vents/gld/stabs  sixth sense repairs BIA (Others depend on vehicle)

3. Rammer vents/optics stabs SS repairs BIA (Others depend on vehicle)

4. Rammer optics stabs/vents SS repairs BIA (Others depend on vehicle)

5. Rammer gld vents/binocs SS Repairs BIA (Uninstall immediately once crew is over 3 skills)

Rammer always because better dpm is always welcome

Vents always because who doesn't want a tank that is 2.5% better than everyone elses

optics cause view range

stabs for big derp guns 

donny007-THX #4 Posted 01 June 2018 - 02:39 PM

Major

• Players
  • 22529 battles

View PostSadriel Fett, on 01 June 2018 - 06:32 AM, said:

The WoT Reddit page has a lot of good suggestions on skills/ perks for specific tank classes.  

As for equipment, I'll usually check out this site initially.

--WoT Statistic and Tank Performance Analyzer (vBAddict.net)

(Click on Statistics > Tank Statistics > Lifetime > then do search for specific tank to see most used setups)

I don't always use the exact setups these sites suggest, because sometimes a tweak here and there works better for personal playstyles than what's listed.  But they're definitely good places to get started with.  I will start with those sites, then fine tune the setups with the Tanks.GG website to see how effective they are for me.

I do this also.  Helpful to see equipment and skills most used by successful players as a start point.  Then adjust for local conditions 

When a man with a .45 meets a man with a rifle, you said, the man with a pistol's a dead man. Let's see if that's true. Go ahead, load up and shoot.

HawkZ71 #5 Posted 01 June 2018 - 02:48 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 30975 battles
  • [RSMOJ]

Depends a lot on the individual tank as well...some TDs are glass cannons...while others are armored assault tanks.

DerailedWingnut #6 Posted 01 June 2018 - 02:56 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 20763 battles
  • [WLPK]
Just make sure to never get Swimming Lessons on your arty, there's no reason to increase how long it takes to drown yourself. :trollface:

Check Out The Bunker, Our Mods Aren't Fascists: HTTPS://TheBunker.FreeForums.Net

Mastery 99% Mastery 95 % Mastery 80% Mastery 50% All Nation Tanks Elite Italics = Grinding * = Mark Of Excellence

Beta582 #7 Posted 01 June 2018 - 03:02 PM

Major

• Players
  • 19453 battles
  • [TANK]

First 3 perks/skills I train on ALL crews are (in order): Sixth Sense, Repairs, Brothers in Arms.

After that I make it a little more class specific. The next three for each class are:

Arty: Camouflage, Snap Shot (yes, this works on hull locked guns), Situational Awareness

Lights: Camouflage, Snap Shot, Smooth Ride

Mediums: Camouflage, Snap Shot, Smooth Ride

Heavies: Snap Shot, Smooth Ride, Off Road Driving

Tank Destroyers: Camouflage, Snap Shot, Smooth Ride

For equipment, I generally run the following for everything:

Vents, Rammer, Vertical Stabilizer.

If I can't run Vents, I will usually go for Optics and if I can't run Vertical Stabilizer, I will usually go for Gun Laying Drive.

Beta582's Guide to Everything (Updated 12-07-2017)       Beta582's Tank Suggestion Compilation

Lady Astor once remarked to Winston Churchill at a dinner party, "Winston, if you were my husband, I would poison your coffee!" Winston replied, "Madam if I were your husband I would drink it!"

Twitch Channel: https://www.twitch.tv/beta582                         Youtube Channel: Beta582

Kebabsaurus Rex #8 Posted 01 June 2018 - 03:04 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 18637 battles
  • [ASYLM]

View PostBeta582, on 01 June 2018 - 03:02 PM, said:

First 3 perks/skills I train on ALL crews are (in order): Sixth Sense, Repairs, Brothers in Arms.

After that I make it a little more class specific. The next three for each class are:

Arty: Camouflage, Snap Shot (yes, this works on hull locked guns), Situational Awareness

Lights: Camouflage, Snap Shot, Smooth Ride

Mediums: Camouflage, Snap Shot, Smooth Ride

Heavies: Snap Shot, Smooth Ride, Off Road Driving

Tank Destroyers: Camouflage, Snap Shot, Smooth Ride

For equipment, I generally run the following for everything:

Vents, Rammer, Vertical Stabilizer.

If I can't run Vents, I will usually go for Optics and if I can't run Vertical Stabilizer, I will usually go for Gun Laying Drive.

:great: Thanks Beta

donny007-THX #9 Posted 01 June 2018 - 03:13 PM

Major

• Players
  • 22529 battles
Pz. V/IV Should have spall liner.
When a man with a .45 meets a man with a rifle, you said, the man with a pistol's a dead man. Let's see if that's true. Go ahead, load up and shoot.

LacqueredBacon #10 Posted 01 June 2018 - 03:19 PM

Major

• Players
  • 33529 battles

Heavies:  Sixth Sense, BIA, Repairs.  After that it gets more tank specific but generally track mechanic, off road driving, snap shot, clutch braking, or safe stowage.

Mediums:  Sixth Sense, BIA, Camouflage, Silent Driving, Repairs, Situational Awareness. Others considered:  Clutch Breaking and Snap Shot.

Lights:  Sixth Sense, BIA, Camouflage, Off Road Driving, Situational Awareness, Clutch Breaking

TD's:  Sixth Sense, BIA, Camouflage, Silent Driving, Situational Awareness, Repairs

Artillery:  Sixth Sense, BIA, Camouflage, Snap Shot, Silent Driving, Green Thumb

Equipment is usually Rammer, Vert Stabilizer and either Optics, Vents, or GLD.  GLD is only a select few tanks with really bad gun handling.

The only other exceptions would be sneaky TDs which would be Rammer, binocs, and a camo net.

darrenv64 #11 Posted 01 June 2018 - 04:19 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 9420 battles
  • [741ST]

A lot depends on the particular vehicle. British mediums and heavies, especially in the higher tiers, have vulnerable ammo racks. I traded out the rammer for wet ammo rack on my Centurion AX, made a huge difference. This is where getting the safe storage skill pays off. Some vehicles have a relatively fast reload to begin with, so the rammer doesn't reduce the reload time significantly. Much better to add equipment that enhances gun handling, such as vert-stab and/or GLD, and get BIA as a perk to increase overall crew performance. Keep in mind, crew skills pay far more dividends than equipment. I've started with Mentor on a few of my crews, then got Sixth Sense.

Heavies- Sixth Sense or Mentor, Repairs, BIA, Situational awareness, Smooth Ride.

Mediums- Sixth Sense or Mentor, BIA, Repairs, Smooth Ride, Snap Shot, Situational Awareness/Recon.

TD's- Sixth Sense, BIA, Repairs, Situational Awareness, Camouflage, Recon.

Lights- Sixth Sense, Situational Awareness, Recon, Snap Shot, Repairs, Signal Boosting.

Artillery- Mentor, Sixth Sense, BIA, Signal Boosting, Relaying,

Jherry Angel #12 Posted 01 June 2018 - 04:40 PM

Captain

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 33401 battles

View PostDwarfOnDrugs, on 01 June 2018 - 02:36 PM, said:

Rammer always because better dpm is always welcome

Yet some tanks reload faster than they can aim - a miss is always a miss regardless of how fast you can reload if your aim is off - this is especially true of Lights.  My usual Light set-up is optics, ver stabs (if possible) and vents/rammer. But as per my point, check reload vs aim time and go for GLD instead of a rammer as necessary.  My Crusader commander swears by my optics/vents/GLD set-up. 

"Whatever doesn't kill you, simply makes you ... stranger." 

Also tagged with What, Why, Reasons, Bacon

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users