Be Your Own Hero in World of Tanks: Mercenaries on June 26

• Please log in to reply
243 replies to this topic

A Hairy Biker #241 Posted 20 June 2018 - 01:18 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 7212 battles
Not long now before the game becomes the arcade based money earner that WG are hoping for. Old British saying: You can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter...

Armoured Reap3r #242 Posted 20 June 2018 - 03:57 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 14541 battles
  • [RETR0]

This thread is just toxic so will keep this as short as I can.  I have been with this game from the the PC to the 360, to the Xbox one, them the PS4 and now on my X. I see a lot of people calling for matchmaking to be fixed...I don’t see what is so broken with it? Yes you sometimes get that tough bottom tier game but generally I make it work, the PC matchmaking is atrocious so be thankful for what you have IMO at least at tier 8 you generally have ok to good games.

I am also seeing people clambering to play war thunder as WoT has let them down continuously, well all I can say is go play it, have fun. I have tried it on PS4 and now xbox and I still get no enjoyment from it, I mean waiting  46 seconds for my crew to repair my tank is just not my bag.

I wish I was still a super tester as would of loved to of tried these new tanks out, they do peak my interest, after fighting Lycans, dragons, Kaijus and warlords over the last year at least these new (fantasy) tanks as people like to call them are a little more grounded in reality to what I have been killing recently.

Anyways for those of you that stay I will see you on the battlefield on the 26th. For those of you that go....maybe we will meet again.

ok I realise it wasn’t a very short post but hey it’s my first post in over a year lol...so pulled out all the stops.

A Hairy Biker #243 Posted 20 June 2018 - 05:42 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 7212 battles

Just seems to me that the WoT crew have panicked and instead of fixing what was definitely broken, such as a  very limited selection of noises, engine sounds, linking anyone who dare ever use a level 8 tank with mainly level 9 or 10 opponents, cycling through the same limited variety of maps again and again and again, giving us ever more versions of the same tank with a slightly different colour scheme, still having Russian tanks that can hit you without even apparently bothering to aim, well I could go on, but it's like a stuck record.

I'm sure that this lot could have been "fixed" at much lower cost and more present customer satisfaction. But apparently the Devs are on an hourly rate so spend hours in fantasy land churning out the same old rubbish. Stuff many of us don't want, ignoring the patent faults, chasing the "dragon" of more spending. All games get stale eventually, when you see them not taking notice of the obvious problems and branching out in a completely different direction and calling it "Console Only content" I do think they have lost what this game was supposed to supply. A bit of War Gaming without fancy Halo jumping quick scoping, see you from across the map fun that you can have with a few mates. It's likely the "games" will turn into to 5 minute blazing away at point blank range events next, with respawning, no strategy as such involved anywhere. That will be the death rattle for me.

Maybe they should put "Little Crews" on the tanks and make the machine guns work so that you can mow the crew down as they jump out of their blazing tanks?  Or crush them below your tracks? Sure the kids would love that....

Edited by A Hairy Biker, 20 June 2018 - 05:44 PM.

Armoured Reap3r #244 Posted 21 June 2018 - 04:43 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 14541 battles
  • [RETR0]
Will agree, new and more varied sounds would be a great addition.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users