We Aren't The Target Audience Anymore

• Please log in to reply
325 replies to this topic

zZGROGZz #21 Posted 07 June 2018 - 01:36 PM

Major

• Players
  • 19083 battles

View PostVKSheridan, on 07 June 2018 - 01:44 PM, said:

The new tanks don’t bother me.  To me, if a player likes a comic book tank and buys it, it doesn’t matter to me.  He’s happy, the bills get paid and we get another tank to shoot at.  If there’s a tank I don’t care for (and there’s many), I just don’t grind for it or buy it.  What others grind through or buy is their business, not mine.  There’s no sense making noise because WG doesn’t cater solely to my personal preferences.....

^^ THIS. So much this.^^

!KING OF THE POTATO SKRUBLORDS!

Xenith_Inc #22 Posted 07 June 2018 - 01:37 PM

Major

• Players
  • 6982 battles

View Postpr0fit0fcanabis, on 07 June 2018 - 01:33 PM, said:

that "we" is a bit larger of a group than just the OP.  

Yes, for sure, but the overlap between groups that do not own flag tanks and those that only like historically accurate tanks is probably quite small. 

During Tank madness, the resounding cry was "going for team X as I already have the hammer/freedom/whatever".

A lot of people have put in the time or money required to get a flag tank, and therefor place value on them. 

EDIT: 10 likes for 31 post views currently is 30% of forum users who are bothered to click like on the comment. Forum users make up 3.75% of the overall player base, so this viewpoint represents roughly 1% of the overall player base. Obviously this will change when N.Am wakes up, but why should WG focus on the self styled 'elite' (literal) 1% when the other 99% are ok or at least ambivalent about what they're doing?

Edited by Xenith_Inc, 07 June 2018 - 01:47 PM.

+++Generally found on PS4 EU server from 5 - 9pm CET+++

My YouTube Channel

R35T NO MORE #23 Posted 07 June 2018 - 01:45 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 16164 battles
  • [BNKR-]

View PostRaiBOT01, on 07 June 2018 - 01:35 PM, said:

Thank you for your honest feedback. 

We are having to constantly come up with new content (both free and purchasable) as this is a free to play game.  In no way are players asked to make any purchases. 

Regarding the amount of premium tanks, its pretty simple: premium tanks sell well and frankly in short, we need to keep the game, and the office lights running.  We truly appreciate the support and contribution of players who decide to make a purchase.  

Players do not need to buy content in game to play.  The game is free to play and if you cannot make a purchase in any way, that's ok.  Even if players do not support the game monetarily, they are contributing to the game in a very big way by playing and keeping the servers populated.  

It is not easy for a free to play game to stay in the market for 2 years, let alone 4.  We have the community to thank for all of their support in every aspect of the word.  

As for the Mercenary tanks, this is something players have been asking for a while and believe it or not, we collaborated with a lot of them.  We don’t want to call anyone out by name unless they want to be known but we worked with a couple of players very closely on the initial designs of what made up each Merc tanks and then a larger group of ST for feedback on looks and balance.  It was a truly collaborative effort and we thank each one of them for their contribution. 

:)  This game is for the community and we hope you all get to play Mercenaries and judge it by experience!

Don't forget we have a Mercenary weekly assault stream today on FB at 3:00PM Central time.

ROLL OUT!

Odd. Everytime i have seen merc tanks mentioned, every single time, it has been for tanks from nations that didn't have enough tanks to have tech trees, not these mix and match things.. Joco's thread is a perfect example. Where are the comments asking for these weird tanks that are on the way? I missed them and they would likely be an interesting read. 

If this goes tits up and you lose a chunk of players, make sure to thank those collaborators. I'm excited for other parts of the update but these scrap heap challenge tanks will likely be a shot in the foot. Aside from those the update sounds great though, so credit where it's due there and i'm looking forward to finding out more about the rest of it on the 26th. 

Just so you know, had a proper merc line been on the way, you guys would have been basking in praise, other than the balance update delay anyway. Just like when we got the Chieftain, we would have managed to get long awaited content before PC, us console peasants like to get one over on the PC lot. 

My WoT tank reviews

If you enjoy them please do share/sub. Thanks. 

killer etzi0 #24 Posted 07 June 2018 - 01:49 PM

Major

• Players
  • 59614 battles
  • [47R]

idk.... must have missed the threads about request for Merc tanks......

"When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat."

Ronald Reagan

Pawel Broda 73 #25 Posted 07 June 2018 - 01:53 PM

Major

• Players
  • 32916 battles

We list our game.

WoT became coloured destrucion derby for kids.

SauerKrapp #26 Posted 07 June 2018 - 01:57 PM

Major

• Players
  • 35360 battles
  • [47R]

View PostR35T NO MORE, on 07 June 2018 - 09:45 AM, said:

Odd. Everytime i have seen merc tanks mentioned, every single time, it has been for tanks from nations that didn't have enough tanks to have tech trees, not these mix and match things.. Joco's thread is a perfect example. Where are the comments asking for these weird tanks that are on the way? I missed them and they would likely be an interesting read. 

Thank you!!!

We really don't need this in WOT Console.......We have Blitz for the weird and bizarre!

Signature by METALHELLIONx84

leedozer #27 Posted 07 June 2018 - 01:58 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 41679 battles
  • [47R]

View Postkiller etzi0, on 07 June 2018 - 02:49 PM, said:

it's in her head,she just spouts the drivel from wg,I suppose they do pay her wages.

westmech #28 Posted 07 June 2018 - 01:59 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 14252 battles
  • [KAPPA]

View PostPanchoVia70, on 07 June 2018 - 05:48 AM, said:

What does this have to do with OPs post?

Its early where I am and I haven't had enough coffee yet.

OP's post talks about target audience and historical aspects of the game that brought us in. OP's post talks about heading in a different direction than continuing with historical aspects of the game. I feel historical battles similar to what War Thunder has would greatly assist the game in bringing in new players and retaining old. I am flabbergasted that WoT Console hasn't tried to develop something along the same lines, but have chosen to go with cut/paste tanks instead. I agree with the OP's post.

Does that work better for you?

Jodmeister #29 Posted 07 June 2018 - 01:59 PM

Captain

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 19141 battles
  • [BDGR]

View PostR35T NO MORE, on 07 June 2018 - 01:45 PM, said:

If this goes tits up and you lose a chunk of players, make sure to thank those collaborators. I'm excited for other parts of the update but these scrap heap challenge tanks will likely be a shot in the foot. Aside from those the update sounds great though, so credit where it's due there and i'm looking forward to finding out more about the rest of it on the 26th. 

You are sort of assuming that a whole line of other countries' tanks built specifically built for console was ever on the table as an option. It would have been great if we could have had some different tanks from other places (but no cookie cutter ones), but all these parts bin tanks should offer an interesting and different playstyle for people to try; not every one will suit every person, but three definitely some interesting ones to work for. 

3 MOEs - Nashorn, M36 Jackson, SU-100, S35CA, Matilda IV, Jagdpanzer IV, Archer, Wolverine, Achilles, T25/2, PzSflIVC

2 MOEs - Type 58, Pzkpfw T25, WT Pz IV, JagdPanther, SU-100Y, Boilermaker, T20, IS-2, T-34-88, Borsig, AMX AC 48, Charioteer, Plaguebringer, T67, SU-85, Churchill GC, StuG3G

mockney_piers #30 Posted 07 June 2018 - 02:00 PM

Major

• Players
  • 10232 battles
  • [FILTH]

"We" constantly demand fresh content, but complain when we get it.

There simply isn't enough historical content out there to keep the game fresh.

Some purists even complain about prototypes or designed tanks in game, i mean, seriously.

Personally I have no issue whasoever with mercenary tanks. Rather that than endless reskinned reskins of which we already have way too many.

That said, only concentrating on chargeable content over other content (maps, game modes, clan mechanisms etc), whilst understandable from a shareholders new helicopter perspective, does tend to irk the loyal fan base and doesn't help the long term health of the game.

Keep up the good work, hell give me warhammeresque tanks if you want, just put Pilsen in a bin, set it on fire and give us a couple of decent new maps (and serene coast back), and how about a historical/hardcore mode or something like that for the grouches purists?

Tempest fox3 #31 Posted 07 June 2018 - 02:01 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 21257 battles
  • [JOCO]

We are having to constantly come up with new content (both free and purchasable) as this is a free to play game.  In no way are players asked to make any purchases. 

Regarding the amount of premium tanks, its pretty simple: premium tanks sell well and frankly in short, we need to keep the game, and the office lights running.  We truly appreciate the support and contribution of players who decide to make a purchase.  

Players do not need to buy content in game to play.  The game is free to play and if you cannot make a purchase in any way, that's ok.  Even if players do not support the game monetarily, they are contributing to the game in a very big way by playing and keeping the servers populated.  

It is not easy for a free to play game to stay in the market for 2 years, let alone 4.  We have the community to thank for all of their support in every aspect of the word.  

As for the Mercenary tanks, this is something players have been asking for a while and believe it or not, we collaborated with a lot of them.  We don’t want to call anyone out by name unless they want to be known but we worked with a couple of players very closely on the initial designs of what made up each Merc tanks and then a larger group of ST for feedback on looks and balance.  It was a truly collaborative effort and we thank each one of them for their contribution. 

:)  This game is for the community and we hope you all get to play Mercenaries and judge it by experience!

Don't forget we have a Mercenary weekly assault stream today on FB at 3:00PM Central time.

ROLL OUT!

Pretty sure when players requested Mercenary tanks they meant lend-lease tanks or tanks that were sold to and upgraded by other nations. Things like the Super Sherman or the Egyptian T-34-100 that wouldn't fit into the nations that already existed in the game and weren't enough individually to make an entirely new nation for.

Something more like this

Spoiler

Not the tank part pick and mix you're bringing out. Though I'm happy to see the M36B1 and Sherman W/Pershing turret in the game in one form or another. 

War is a Democracy and the enemy always gets a vote.

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite, E-75, T32, Tiger 131, Skoda T25, Boilermaker- In order obtained

Spoiler

SauerKrapp #32 Posted 07 June 2018 - 02:02 PM

Major

• Players
  • 35360 battles
  • [47R]

View Postkiller etzi0, on 07 June 2018 - 09:49 AM, said:

I think its all a matter of interpretation. Most of us wanted a new tree such as a "NATO" tree called mercenary that would contain actual tanks that belonged to a nation that didn't have enough tanks for it's own tech tree. Like the Egyptian tank below:

Edited by SauerKrapp, 07 June 2018 - 02:07 PM.

Signature by METALHELLIONx84

TheWhiteWolf644 #33 Posted 07 June 2018 - 02:02 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 17669 battles
  • [R41D]

okay why did my post get removed to much for someone i guess.. sorry if you don't like what i had to say but what i said was a true fact because that's how things are going and if you would rather silence people than take the criticism no matter how harsh it may be but as you can understand very frustrated when a gaming company gives so LITTLE information out.

I know other gaming companies that give detailed patches way before release of the patch or give a big idea of what they will be doing and what there road map will be.

p.s stop deleting things that are important, this seems to happen a lot lately and keep troll posts up but do sod all about those people... 

Edited by CaptainSlow6969, 07 June 2018 - 02:09 PM.

WOT

prionsarebad #34 Posted 07 June 2018 - 02:03 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 45888 battles

Credit to Rai for giving an honest answer (that most of us should really know anyhow).

At the end of the day this is a free to play game.... They have to generate money as best possible to keep it that way. You can never please all of the people all of the time, and what percentage of the total player base do us forumers really represent? 

redshadowrider #35 Posted 07 June 2018 - 02:04 PM

Major

• Players
  • 37970 battles

I have had disagreements with the OP from time to time, but this time he is right on.  This game, to me, is being able to play the tanks that I have seen in the history books, and having fun with large guns.  It is also about learning and conquering new territory which has become very limited and not updated.   I don't need to see a specific map hundreds of times while others have been removed.  I want a variety that tests what I have learned and to see if my skills have improved.  And also, I want my tanks and battles to sound like they should, not missing sounds, planes that glide overhead silently.  This game was headed for that and all of a sudden it made a big turn.  

I do not mind the crazy reskins as long as the battles have a real immersive experience.  They die just like the others, I have found, and anyway, I choose not to buy the pretty things in the window.  What I do want is to see things fixed, the immersive nature improved and a return of the old maps along with the new ones.  This has not happened, in quite a long time.

Edited by redshadowrider, 07 June 2018 - 07:14 PM.

I'm just saying.....

AleTieCan05 #36 Posted 07 June 2018 - 02:04 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 48036 battles

ROLL OUT!

Hi!! Ray ... I see with regret that you wrote a lot of words but at the end you did not respond to the concept of Turboclicker ... maybe you did all this just to be able to write the last line?

AleTieCan05 #37 Posted 07 June 2018 - 02:14 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 48036 battles

View Postprionsarebad, on 07 June 2018 - 02:03 PM, said:

Credit to Rai for giving an honest answer (that most of us should really know anyhow).

At the end of the day this is a free to play game.... They have to generate money as best possible to keep it that way. You can never please all of the people all of the time, and what percentage of the total player base do us forumers really represent? 

even on PC World of tanks is a free game and has many flaws, but ... but it is still much better and different from how this game is turning (worse) on console ... have the "Frankestain tanks" on the maps is not terrible at all, it is on the whole that this game is getting worse update after update ...... only the fact that it is trying to get out of PvP to move more and more on PvE (unlike the rest of the world, on WOT/PC this gamemode don't exist) is a general worsening compared to what was the game 4 years ago ... IMHO

Kebabsaurus Rex #38 Posted 07 June 2018 - 02:26 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 19987 battles
  • [ASYLM]

ROLL OUT!

If premiums sell then why bother with so many reskins? Just sell new premium tanks instead - something new instead of something with a new paint job. However, the answer to this is reskins sell.....

This is one of the main issues people raise, time and time again.

Joco, Beta, and others have suggested numerous tanks and new lines that could be introduced as either TT or premiums so you dont have to look far for ideas.

Reskins just look like a lazy cash grab, like you cannot be bothered to introduce new tanks so just skin old ones. 

Unfortuntately, the new mercenary line looks like an extension of this.

MASHMAN 90 #39 Posted 07 June 2018 - 02:31 PM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 37744 battles

View Postprionsarebad, on 07 June 2018 - 02:03 PM, said:

Agreed and probably 5% or less.

BadDad61 #40 Posted 07 June 2018 - 02:32 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 28484 battles

View PostVKSheridan, on 07 June 2018 - 12:44 PM, said:

The new tanks don’t bother me.  To me, if a player likes a comic book tank and buys it, it doesn’t matter to me.  He’s happy, the bills get paid and we get another tank to shoot at.  If there’s a tank I don’t care for (and there’s many), I just don’t grind for it or buy it.  What others grind through or buy is their business, not mine.  There’s no sense making noise because WG doesn’t cater solely to my personal preferences.....

This ^^^

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users