Jump to content


Explaining Mechanics - Camouflage and Spotting.


  • Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Emothic #1 Posted 23 February 2014 - 02:51 AM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 1377 battles
  • 1,109
  • Member since:
    02-12-2014

Always wondered how the Camouflage and Spotting mechanics of the game works? Or how you can most effectively use these mechanics to your advantage on the battlefield? In this thread of Explaining Mechanics I will present a video by Wargaming of how these mechanics work in the game and what you can do to properly use them on the battlefield of all tank classifications.

 

 

 


Lord Emothic Von Hellsing of ze Hellsing Family.

Hellsing Motto: We fear not our mortality, We serve to the best of our ability, We give our lives to our masters, We vow to smite our enemies.

Hellsing Prayer: In the name of God impure souls of the living and dead shall be banished into eternal damnation, amen.


IntentRook0193 #2 Posted 23 February 2014 - 02:53 AM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 3496 battles
  • 1,312
  • Member since:
    08-09-2013
+1

EqKafsT.jpg

  thanks to xroni7x            

Emothic #3 Posted 23 February 2014 - 03:22 AM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 1377 battles
  • 1,109
  • Member since:
    02-12-2014

View PostIntentRook0193, on 22 February 2014 - 09:53 PM, said:

+1

 

Thanks.


Lord Emothic Von Hellsing of ze Hellsing Family.

Hellsing Motto: We fear not our mortality, We serve to the best of our ability, We give our lives to our masters, We vow to smite our enemies.

Hellsing Prayer: In the name of God impure souls of the living and dead shall be banished into eternal damnation, amen.


VIOxxLENCE #4 Posted 23 February 2014 - 03:52 AM

    First lieutenant

  • Beta Tester
  • 2931 battles
  • 875
  • Member since:
    11-12-2013

this video explains the way its supposed to work (on PC) not how it actually works.

 

pay attention to 4:22 and tell me that you have never been spotted behind a house/hill/wall/boulder.... you know that isnt the case


Edited by VIOxxLENCE, 23 February 2014 - 03:54 AM.


Emothic #5 Posted 23 February 2014 - 03:53 AM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 1377 battles
  • 1,109
  • Member since:
    02-12-2014

View PostVIOxxLENCE, on 22 February 2014 - 10:52 PM, said:

this video explains the way its supposed to work (on PC) not how it actually works.

 

It works on the Console as well. Only difference is that we don't have crews yet, but the same mechanics is still there.


Lord Emothic Von Hellsing of ze Hellsing Family.

Hellsing Motto: We fear not our mortality, We serve to the best of our ability, We give our lives to our masters, We vow to smite our enemies.

Hellsing Prayer: In the name of God impure souls of the living and dead shall be banished into eternal damnation, amen.


VIOxxLENCE #6 Posted 23 February 2014 - 03:57 AM

    First lieutenant

  • Beta Tester
  • 2931 battles
  • 875
  • Member since:
    11-12-2013
the concept may be there, but it doesnt seem to work very well, although i am glad that I now know that fallen trees dont provide cover, I never knew that so thank you for that :bush:

Emothic #7 Posted 23 February 2014 - 03:59 AM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 1377 battles
  • 1,109
  • Member since:
    02-12-2014

View PostVIOxxLENCE, on 22 February 2014 - 10:57 PM, said:

the concept may be there, but it doesnt seem to work very well, although i am glad that I now know that fallen trees dont provide cover, I never knew that so thank you for that :bush:

 

How does it not work very well?


Lord Emothic Von Hellsing of ze Hellsing Family.

Hellsing Motto: We fear not our mortality, We serve to the best of our ability, We give our lives to our masters, We vow to smite our enemies.

Hellsing Prayer: In the name of God impure souls of the living and dead shall be banished into eternal damnation, amen.


Benbad #8 Posted 23 February 2014 - 04:21 AM

    First lieutenant

  • Beta Tester
  • 6483 battles
  • 645
  • Member since:
    11-08-2013

Thank you for making this thread sir!

 

I know there are suttle differences between the PC and the Xbox WoT but this is a very good piece of info for any newcomers to have a basic or even inter understanding of these vital topics.

 

Thank you! :)



CaptainRS3 #9 Posted 23 February 2014 - 04:33 AM

    Corporal

  • Beta Tester
  • 3601 battles
  • 54
  • Member since:
    11-09-2013

View PostRiotShieldgirl, on 23 February 2014 - 04:21 AM, said:

Thank you for making this thread sir!

 

I know there are suttle differences between the PC and the Xbox WoT but this is a very good piece of info for any newcomers to have a basic or even inter understanding of these vital topics.

 

Thank you! :)

He may seem like a decent guy for posting these but he is probably the most hated troll on the forums. He is a PC gamer who thinks he is superior to all of us Xbox gamers.  Don't trust him...


People who complain will never gain. While people who learn from their mistakes always prosper! Be the one who learns!

Emothic #10 Posted 23 February 2014 - 04:40 AM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 1377 battles
  • 1,109
  • Member since:
    02-12-2014

View PostDissiusIsHere, on 22 February 2014 - 11:33 PM, said:

He may seem like a decent guy for posting these but he is probably the most hated troll on the forums. He is a PC gamer who thinks he is superior to all of us Xbox gamers.  Don't trust him...

 

So just because someone hates something or disagrees with something that means they're a troll? So all of those who hate TDs are trolls as well? Or how about another game, all of those who hates mages are trolls? And another game, sll of those who had this sniper rifle are also trolls? Where did I say I was superior to others? Or how about this since we're on the internet I like Linen style Communism even though everyone thinks communism is bad. And since I said I like it even though everyone hates it does that make me a troll?  As I recall I never said I was better at the game to other players. No all I said is that I hate arties and I don't trust other players.

 

 

Really you're the one who is trolling as you are following practically every thread and post I make to post such comments as these.


Edited by Emothic, 23 February 2014 - 04:43 AM.

Lord Emothic Von Hellsing of ze Hellsing Family.

Hellsing Motto: We fear not our mortality, We serve to the best of our ability, We give our lives to our masters, We vow to smite our enemies.

Hellsing Prayer: In the name of God impure souls of the living and dead shall be banished into eternal damnation, amen.


VIOxxLENCE #11 Posted 23 February 2014 - 04:42 AM

    First lieutenant

  • Beta Tester
  • 2931 battles
  • 875
  • Member since:
    11-12-2013

View PostEmothic, on 22 February 2014 - 07:59 PM, said:

 

How does it not work very well?

http://forum-console...ain-this-to-me/

 

you can see that im not the only one who experiences the tremendous lack of effectiveness this game has with this system



Emothic #12 Posted 23 February 2014 - 04:45 AM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 1377 battles
  • 1,109
  • Member since:
    02-12-2014

View PostVIOxxLENCE, on 22 February 2014 - 11:42 PM, said:

http://forum-console...ain-this-to-me/

 

you can see that im not the only one who experiences the tremendous lack of effectiveness this game has with this system

 

Well the game has only been out for 2 weeks or so now. And there is alot of patch updates that are going to be coming for the new tanks and such. Improvements can be made.


Lord Emothic Von Hellsing of ze Hellsing Family.

Hellsing Motto: We fear not our mortality, We serve to the best of our ability, We give our lives to our masters, We vow to smite our enemies.

Hellsing Prayer: In the name of God impure souls of the living and dead shall be banished into eternal damnation, amen.


HumdrumSwine2 #13 Posted 23 February 2014 - 04:51 AM

    Captain

  • Beta Tester
  • 11685 battles
  • 1,758
  • Member since:
    11-08-2013
While I won't say it's broken, their is something wrong with it. I had literally just started moving on Mali assault on the attacker side and it said I was detected. No joke, 2 seconds in. I stopped and checked my map with no oddities appearing. It was weird to say the least. Besides that, there have been other abnormalities but none are more glaring then that.

CaptainRS3 #14 Posted 23 February 2014 - 04:51 AM

    Corporal

  • Beta Tester
  • 3601 battles
  • 54
  • Member since:
    11-09-2013

View PostEmothic, on 23 February 2014 - 04:40 AM, said:

 

So just because someone hates something or disagrees with something that means they're a troll? So all of those who hate TDs are trolls as well? Or how about another game, all of those who hates mages are trolls? And another game, sll of those who had this sniper rifle are also trolls? Where did I say I was superior to others? Or how about this since we're on the internet I like Linen style Communism even though everyone thinks communism is bad. And since I said I like it even though everyone hates it does that make me a troll?  As I recall I never said I was better at the game to other players. No all I said is that I hate arties and I don't trust other players.

 

 

Really you're the one who is trolling as you are following practically every thread and post I make to post such comments as these.

I vividly recall your post on your anti arty thread stating "I can't trust Xbox players they are not as good or knowledgable as us PC players" don't be saying you don't think your more superior your a typical PC player. So screw off.


People who complain will never gain. While people who learn from their mistakes always prosper! Be the one who learns!

Emothic #15 Posted 23 February 2014 - 05:06 AM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 1377 battles
  • 1,109
  • Member since:
    02-12-2014

View PostHumdrumSwine2, on 22 February 2014 - 11:51 PM, said:

While I won't say it's broken, their is something wrong with it. I had literally just started moving on Mali assault on the attacker side and it said I was detected. No joke, 2 seconds in. I stopped and checked my map with no oddities appearing. It was weird to say the least. Besides that, there have been other abnormalities but none are more glaring then that.

 

That just might be that system. Generally I don't agree in having the "Detected" system in right now as that is sensually the Sixth Sense perk on the PC. Also there have been times where I'm "Detected" and I hide behind a building where the enemy can't even spot me from anywhere and it just keeps saying that I am still detected.


Lord Emothic Von Hellsing of ze Hellsing Family.

Hellsing Motto: We fear not our mortality, We serve to the best of our ability, We give our lives to our masters, We vow to smite our enemies.

Hellsing Prayer: In the name of God impure souls of the living and dead shall be banished into eternal damnation, amen.


Emothic #16 Posted 23 February 2014 - 05:09 AM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 1377 battles
  • 1,109
  • Member since:
    02-12-2014

View PostDissiusIsHere, on 22 February 2014 - 11:51 PM, said:

I vividly recall your post on your anti arty thread stating "I can't trust Xbox players they are not as good or knowledgable as us PC players" don't be saying you don't think your more superior your a typical PC player. So screw off.

 

Okay, now I want you to go into that thread, find what page, and post number of where I said that. Because I have never said "can't trust xbox players" or any sort nor did I said "as knowledgable or as good". If I did say something like the second phrase then that is to those who are new to the game. Of which is true because not as many of them or as good or as knowledgable becuase they have never played the game, not because they were console players.


Lord Emothic Von Hellsing of ze Hellsing Family.

Hellsing Motto: We fear not our mortality, We serve to the best of our ability, We give our lives to our masters, We vow to smite our enemies.

Hellsing Prayer: In the name of God impure souls of the living and dead shall be banished into eternal damnation, amen.


IR RollinDice #17 Posted 23 February 2014 - 05:13 AM

    Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 11080 battles
  • 167
  • [-IT-]
  • Member since:
    08-21-2013

View PostEmothic, on 23 February 2014 - 12:06 AM, said:

 

That just might be that system. Generally I don't agree in having the "Detected" system in right now as that is sensually the Sixth Sense perk on the PC. Also there have been times where I'm "Detected" and I hide behind a building where the enemy can't even spot me from anywhere and it just keeps saying that I am still detected.

mymymy people need to put foot in mouth lololololol the video you posted about camo and spotting and all that stuff clearly said if you are within 50 meters of an enemy tank your tank gets x-ray vision and can spot that tank no matter if its hiding buildings  or whatever .  and after reading your profile hahahahahah you really think your half vampire omg kid grow the [edited]up your 23 or whatever come join us in the real world and leave the scary monster stories for the kiddies :teethhappy::trollface::veryhappy:



Emothic #18 Posted 23 February 2014 - 05:23 AM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 1377 battles
  • 1,109
  • Member since:
    02-12-2014

View PostIR RollinDice, on 23 February 2014 - 12:13 AM, said:

mymymy people need to put foot in mouth lololololol the video you posted about camo and spotting and all that stuff clearly said if you are within 50 meters of an enemy tank your tank gets x-ray vision and can spot that tank no matter if its hiding buildings  or whatever .  and after reading your profile hahahahahah you really think your half vampire omg kid grow the [edited]up your 23 or whatever come join us in the real world and leave the scary monster stories for the kiddies :teethhappy::trollface::veryhappy:

 

Do I think that I'm half vampire in real life? No.  Do I think I am on the internet? Yes.  Why? Because its the internet and I can pretty much do anything I want. I mean what would be the point in MMO RPGs if we can't pretend to be something else?

 

But I really don't see what this has to do anything with the thread. And could of been handled with the use of a private message.


Edited by Emothic, 23 February 2014 - 05:31 AM.

Lord Emothic Von Hellsing of ze Hellsing Family.

Hellsing Motto: We fear not our mortality, We serve to the best of our ability, We give our lives to our masters, We vow to smite our enemies.

Hellsing Prayer: In the name of God impure souls of the living and dead shall be banished into eternal damnation, amen.


CaptainRS3 #19 Posted 23 February 2014 - 05:34 AM

    Corporal

  • Beta Tester
  • 3601 battles
  • 54
  • Member since:
    11-09-2013

View PostEmothic, on 23 February 2014 - 05:09 AM, said:

 

Okay, now I want you to go into that thread, find what page, and post number of where I said that. Because I have never said "can't trust xbox players" or any sort nor did I said "as knowledgable or as good". If I did say something like the second phrase then that is to those who are new to the game. Of which is true because not as many of them or as good or as knowledgable becuase they have never played the game, not because they were console players.

So considering all of a post section was how you can't trust us. You still never said it? Don't act like you've never said it you son of a [edited]. Your a PC player your kind will and always have thought you are better than us console players. Go back to PC no one wants you here. 


People who complain will never gain. While people who learn from their mistakes always prosper! Be the one who learns!

Emothic #20 Posted 23 February 2014 - 05:46 AM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 1377 battles
  • 1,109
  • Member since:
    02-12-2014

View PostDissiusIsHere, on 23 February 2014 - 12:34 AM, said:

So considering all of a post section was how you can't trust us. You still never said it? Don't act like you've never said it you son of a [edited]. Your a PC player your kind will and always have thought you are better than us console players. Go back to PC no one wants you here. 

 

Yea I'm a PC player, because all pro-PC players have 6 years of Xbox live, 125 games played, and 40,368 gamerscore. Yea I'm deffentaly a Pro-PC/Anti-Console user with my 2 xbox 360s, PS3, Wii, Xbox One, and soon a PS4. All the while with my broken PC that has been collecting dust for 7 months.

 

I don't trust anyone on any multiplayer Console or PC. Wither its World of tanks on here or the PC I don't trust anyone. Or wither its Battlefield on the Xbox or the PC I still don't trust anyone.


Lord Emothic Von Hellsing of ze Hellsing Family.

Hellsing Motto: We fear not our mortality, We serve to the best of our ability, We give our lives to our masters, We vow to smite our enemies.

Hellsing Prayer: In the name of God impure souls of the living and dead shall be banished into eternal damnation, amen.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users