Jump to content


Gallery- Aquino Weekend 2018 - The Ontario Regiment RCAC Museum


  • Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

Sovietdeath #1 Posted 12 June 2018 - 05:58 PM

    Major

  • WoTC Online Contributor
  • 14750 battles
  • 19,777
  • Member since:
    08-10-2013

Recently went to this WoT Sponsored Event, While Wargaming's presence was lackluster at best actually had a great time regardless.

Will be adding Video once im done editing things up but figured id start posting my pictures from the event and displays.

 

Full Gallery Link Here: http://s212.photobucket.com/user/Sovietdeath/slideshow/Oshawa%20Tank%20Trip%202018

 

But 1st a Hetzer that's in the process of restoration:

 



dcr66 #2 Posted 12 June 2018 - 06:18 PM

    Major

  • Supertest - Xbox One
  • 21317 battles
  • 3,022
  • [ONE]
  • Member since:
    02-04-2014
Nice pics. Nice meeting you in person. It is much easier to spot you wearing those WG shirts and bag, than the real WG people.

Senior .NET Developer / Team Lead by day. Computer/Console gamer with 30+ yrs of experience by night. WW2 guru for 35+ years. 

 

[ONE]dcr66 in World of Warships. Same clan name and user name as I have in Xbox.


LadyTanker #3 Posted 12 June 2018 - 06:35 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 4986 battles
  • 1,192
  • Member since:
    09-23-2017
Do they let people inside the tanks? 

dcr66 #4 Posted 12 June 2018 - 06:55 PM

    Major

  • Supertest - Xbox One
  • 21317 battles
  • 3,022
  • [ONE]
  • Member since:
    02-04-2014

View PostLadyTanker, on 12 June 2018 - 01:35 PM, said:

Do they let people inside the tanks? 

 

You have to pay premium tickets ($350) as opposed to regular admittance ($40) to ride inside the museum collection. The tanks that have are in functional conditions.

Senior .NET Developer / Team Lead by day. Computer/Console gamer with 30+ yrs of experience by night. WW2 guru for 35+ years. 

 

[ONE]dcr66 in World of Warships. Same clan name and user name as I have in Xbox.


LadyTanker #5 Posted 12 June 2018 - 06:59 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 4986 battles
  • 1,192
  • Member since:
    09-23-2017

View Postdcr66, on 12 June 2018 - 12:55 PM, said:

 

You have to pay premium tickets ($350) as opposed to regular admittance ($40) to ride inside the museum collection. The tanks that have are in functional conditions.

 

What? Are you being serious? 



Sovietdeath #6 Posted 12 June 2018 - 07:24 PM

    Major

  • WoTC Online Contributor
  • 14750 battles
  • 19,777
  • Member since:
    08-10-2013

View PostLadyTanker, on 12 June 2018 - 01:59 PM, said:

 

What? Are you being serious? 

 

Considering they let you actually ride the Tanks while they ran thats actually quite a deal compared to places like Drive-A-Tank keep in mind the 350 dollars was in Canadien

 

Also WG gave away a ton of Premium Tickets before the event over social media, here in the forums and over thier other sites


Edited by Sovietdeath, 12 June 2018 - 07:25 PM.


Tyrannical T8R #7 Posted 12 June 2018 - 07:48 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 17777 battles
  • 154
  • [FATED]
  • Member since:
    10-06-2015

Glad several of you made it to the event. Looks like it was fun.

 



LadyTanker #8 Posted 12 June 2018 - 08:04 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 4986 battles
  • 1,192
  • Member since:
    09-23-2017

View PostSovietdeath, on 12 June 2018 - 01:24 PM, said:

 

Considering they let you actually ride the Tanks while they ran thats actually quite a deal compared to places like Drive-A-Tank keep in mind the 350 dollars was in Canadien

 

Also WG gave away a ton of Premium Tickets before the event over social media, here in the forums and over thier other sites

 

I’m not familiar with tank exhibits or what the going rate should be. We have a local air show and they let people sit in the planes for free. Granted, the planes aren’t moving, but it just surprised me it would cost so much. 

 

Edit: I might ask if there is a discount if the tank stays in park. Lol.



Sovietdeath #9 Posted 12 June 2018 - 08:08 PM

    Major

  • WoTC Online Contributor
  • 14750 battles
  • 19,777
  • Member since:
    08-10-2013

View PostLadyTanker, on 12 June 2018 - 03:04 PM, said:

 

I’m not familiar with tank exhibits or what the going rate should be. We have a local air show and they let people sit in the planes for free. Granted, the planes aren’t moving, but it just surprised me it would cost so much. 

 

Since they are running exhibits they cost alot more but also all the proceeds go to the Museum itself to purchase rebuild and maintain thier vehicles

LadyTanker #10 Posted 12 June 2018 - 08:09 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 4986 battles
  • 1,192
  • Member since:
    09-23-2017

View PostSovietdeath, on 12 June 2018 - 02:08 PM, said:

 

Since they are running exhibits they cost alot more but also all the proceeds go to the Museum itself to purchase rebuild and maintain thier vehicles

 

That’s understandable. 

BusiedBat306 #11 Posted 12 June 2018 - 08:54 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 13527 battles
  • 368
  • [MCGS]
  • Member since:
    02-07-2014
Fun Fact: The grey Kubelwagen and Pak 37 parked by the German camp are privately owned. Guy drove to the event in it with the Pak hitched onto the back. On Saturday we drove into town with it in full uniform to get coffee before the museum opened and there were dozens of people asking to take pictures with us.

              Want help/advice with the Tiger 1? PM me.

"Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning." - Erwin Rommel

 

Clan Recruitment:

[MCGS] Shmitz Recruiting: We Want You! (XBOX)


Sovietdeath #12 Posted 12 June 2018 - 09:09 PM

    Major

  • WoTC Online Contributor
  • 14750 battles
  • 19,777
  • Member since:
    08-10-2013

View PostBusiedBat306, on 12 June 2018 - 03:54 PM, said:

Fun Fact: The grey Kubelwagen and Pak 37 parked by the German camp are privately owned. Guy drove to the event in it with the Pak hitched onto the back. On Saturday we drove into town with it in full uniform to get coffee before the museum opened and there were dozens of people asking to take pictures with us.

 

I passed you guys on the way in im like must be doing a coffee run Black Scion XB NY Plates :P

 



BusiedBat306 #13 Posted 12 June 2018 - 09:56 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 13527 battles
  • 368
  • [MCGS]
  • Member since:
    02-07-2014

View PostSovietdeath, on 12 June 2018 - 04:09 PM, said:

 

I passed you guys on the way in im like must be doing a coffee run Black Scion XB NY Plates :P

 

 

Hahaha. I'm trying to post some of my own pictures, having trouble though.

              Want help/advice with the Tiger 1? PM me.

"Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning." - Erwin Rommel

 

Clan Recruitment:

[MCGS] Shmitz Recruiting: We Want You! (XBOX)


BusiedBat306 #14 Posted 12 June 2018 - 10:16 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 13527 battles
  • 368
  • [MCGS]
  • Member since:
    02-07-2014

Here are some pics of my own: (Credit to the on site photographers for the pics of us in combat)

 

Pak 43(Original): Sadly, I was not operating this sucker in the field, however I spent a good amount of time demonstrating how to load and aim the weapon back at camp. Its operation is identical to the 37.

 

Pak 37(Original): It is worth noting that the gun sights/scope still work, after my gunner died I was actually using it to aim the gun. (I am the loader sitting on the right gun trail in my grey wools... It was hot.)

 

MG42(Original): Original and all matching privately owned example, value between $30,000 to $40,000. Note: In the 3rd picture it is mounted on an original lafette tripod.

 

Due to the limit on pictures per post I will make a second with the rest of the shots I consider interesting.

 


              Want help/advice with the Tiger 1? PM me.

"Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning." - Erwin Rommel

 

Clan Recruitment:

[MCGS] Shmitz Recruiting: We Want You! (XBOX)


Sovietdeath #15 Posted 12 June 2018 - 10:31 PM

    Major

  • WoTC Online Contributor
  • 14750 battles
  • 19,777
  • Member since:
    08-10-2013

View PostBusiedBat306, on 12 June 2018 - 05:16 PM, said:

Here are some pics of my own: (Credit to the on site photographers for the pics of us in combat)

 

Pak 43(Original): Sadly, I was not operating this sucker in the field, however I spent a good amount of time demonstrating how to load and aim the weapon back at camp. Its operation is identical to the 37.

 

Pak 37(Original): It is worth noting that the gun sights/scope still work, after my gunner died I was actually using it to aim the gun. (I am the loader sitting on the right gun trail in my grey wools... It was hot.)

 

MG42(Original): Original and all matching privately owned example, value between $30,000 to $40,000. Note: In the 3rd picture it is mounted on an original lafette tripod.

 

Due to the limit on pictures per post I will make a second with the rest of the shots I consider interesting.

 

 

alot of the people in the stands wanted the 37 to fire more it had a much better charge/concussion then the 43

BusiedBat306 #16 Posted 12 June 2018 - 10:33 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 13527 battles
  • 368
  • [MCGS]
  • Member since:
    02-07-2014

More pictures!

 

MP40(Original): Yet another privately owned original example. Sadly, this poor Schmeisser was recently deactivated.

 

Schwimmwagen(Original): Notice a bit of a trend? You guessed it, a privately owned original example in beautiful condition. Valued at over $100,000.  

 

German Camp: In case you don't already know, we actually sleep in our zelt tents. (The pyramids topped with a helmet.) Most of us use period correct bedding... Our uniforms. 

 

Belt fed K98s/Ersatz MG42: The latest advancement in Deutsche MG technology. :trollface:

 

Well that's most of my pictures, hope you guys found them interesting. :honoring:


              Want help/advice with the Tiger 1? PM me.

"Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning." - Erwin Rommel

 

Clan Recruitment:

[MCGS] Shmitz Recruiting: We Want You! (XBOX)


BusiedBat306 #17 Posted 12 June 2018 - 10:39 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 13527 battles
  • 368
  • [MCGS]
  • Member since:
    02-07-2014

View PostSovietdeath, on 12 June 2018 - 05:31 PM, said:

 

alot of the people in the stands wanted the 37 to fire more it had a much better charge/concussion then the 43

 

On the first day there was a miscommunication between us and the tanks, so the guy who was overseeing our position insisted we hold fire. On the second day the MG team decided to fall back and set up right in front of us. Once again we had to hold fire as sending one would have permanently damaged their hearing. Two of our guys already had permanent tinnitus because some moron fired at them from point blank range last year. (That particular individual is no longer welcome at events held in canada.) If a Lee Enfield can do damage like that imagine the effect of our 37...


              Want help/advice with the Tiger 1? PM me.

"Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning." - Erwin Rommel

 

Clan Recruitment:

[MCGS] Shmitz Recruiting: We Want You! (XBOX)


dcr66 #18 Posted 12 June 2018 - 10:39 PM

    Major

  • Supertest - Xbox One
  • 21317 battles
  • 3,022
  • [ONE]
  • Member since:
    02-04-2014
 

View Postdcr66, on 12 June 2018 - 03:20 PM, said:

The gallery thread of SovietDeath:

http://forum-console.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/214735-gallery-aquino-weekend-2018-the-ontario-regiment-rcac-museum

 

BusiedBat306: I watched the ww2 reenactment both days. Good job. I sat near the 8cm mortar both days. My daughter has fun spending time in the German camp both days.

 

View PostBusiedBat306, on 12 June 2018 - 03:58 PM, said:

 

Thanks, you might find it interesting to know that the sights/scope on the Pak 37 are still functional, I was actually using it to aim the gun haha. I'll re-post my pictures over there.

 

(copied from other thread to the main thread here)

http://forum-console.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/213804-wargaming-joins-aquino-tank-weekend-in-ontario-canada-on-june-9-10/page__st__20__pid__4414488#entry4414488

 

My daughter took some pics of that reenactment. Let me see if I can get some up from imgur later. She wasn't hard to spot in the German camp, the Chinese girl talking to your colleagues on both days.


Senior .NET Developer / Team Lead by day. Computer/Console gamer with 30+ yrs of experience by night. WW2 guru for 35+ years. 

 

[ONE]dcr66 in World of Warships. Same clan name and user name as I have in Xbox.


BusiedBat306 #19 Posted 12 June 2018 - 11:14 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 13527 battles
  • 368
  • [MCGS]
  • Member since:
    02-07-2014

View Postdcr66, on 12 June 2018 - 05:39 PM, said:

 

 

(copied from other thread to the main thread here)

http://forum-console.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/213804-wargaming-joins-aquino-tank-weekend-in-ontario-canada-on-june-9-10/page__st__20__pid__4414488#entry4414488

 

My daughter took some pics of that reenactment. Let me see if I can get some up from imgur later. She wasn't hard to spot in the German camp, the Chinese girl talking to your colleagues on both days.

 

THAT WAS YOUR DAUGHTER??? She was an absolute pleasure to have around the camp, we were saying afterwards that she would fit right in with our group. Extremely knowledgeable and polite. 

              Want help/advice with the Tiger 1? PM me.

"Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning." - Erwin Rommel

 

Clan Recruitment:

[MCGS] Shmitz Recruiting: We Want You! (XBOX)


BusiedBat306 #20 Posted 12 June 2018 - 11:17 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 13527 battles
  • 368
  • [MCGS]
  • Member since:
    02-07-2014
I strongly encourage anyone else with pictures to post them here. A nice collection of footage would be awesome.

              Want help/advice with the Tiger 1? PM me.

"Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning." - Erwin Rommel

 

Clan Recruitment:

[MCGS] Shmitz Recruiting: We Want You! (XBOX)





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users