Gallery- Aquino Weekend 2018 - The Ontario Regiment RCAC Museum

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

dcr66 #21 Posted 13 June 2018 - 12:23 AM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 22674 battles
  • [ONE]

My daughter took these pics of the Battle of Aquino reenactment Day 2.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Only video my daughter got me to take was her tossing the potato masher Barbarossa style. Not really suitable to be posted.

Senior .NET Developer / Team Lead by day. Computer/Console gamer with 30+ yrs of experience by night. WW2 guru for 35+ years. 

[ONE]dcr66 in World of Warships. Same clan name and user name as I have in Xbox.

Plushy Snorlax #22 Posted 13 June 2018 - 12:25 AM

Private

• Players
  • 3331 battles
  • [ONE]

View PostBusiedBat306, on 12 June 2018 - 06:14 PM, said:

THAT WAS YOUR DAUGHTER??? She was an absolute pleasure to have around the camp, we were saying afterwards that she would fit right in with our group. Extremely knowledgeable and polite. 

I was surprised at the authenticity of your group's uniforms and camp, and I really enjoyed the grenade toss. I also remember the belt-fed K98s in the making, and how one of your guys said that you actually use around 90% of your stuff.

I'm well happy to have met such nice people! 

[ONE] dcr66's kid

I arrange music in my spare time, paint, and play tanks.

"To you, Maria... I swear revenge! This is what you wanted, right?"

dcr66 #23 Posted 13 June 2018 - 12:29 AM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 22674 battles
  • [ONE]
Is that 30k to 40k MG42 deactivated or still works?

Senior .NET Developer / Team Lead by day. Computer/Console gamer with 30+ yrs of experience by night. WW2 guru for 35+ years. 

[ONE]dcr66 in World of Warships. Same clan name and user name as I have in Xbox.

BusiedBat306 #24 Posted 13 June 2018 - 12:55 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 13527 battles
  • [MCGS]

View Postdcr66, on 12 June 2018 - 07:29 PM, said:

Is that 30k to 40k MG42 deactivated or still works?

Deactivated unfortunately, however an all matching original is like finding a unicorn.

Want help/advice with the Tiger 1? PM me.

"Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning." - Erwin Rommel

Clan Recruitment:

[MCGS] Shmitz Recruiting: We Want You! (XBOX)

BusiedBat306 #25 Posted 13 June 2018 - 01:02 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 13527 battles
  • [MCGS]

View PostPlushy Snorlax, on 12 June 2018 - 07:25 PM, said:

I was surprised at the authenticity of your group's uniforms and camp, and I really enjoyed the grenade toss. I also remember the belt-fed K98s in the making, and how one of your guys said that you actually use around 90% of your stuff.

I'm well happy to have met such nice people! 

The guy who said we use most of our stuff would be me. Its completely true, very little of the items in our camp are decorative. The Jerry cans marked with "Trinken Wasser" actually contain the water we drink, the shoe repair station was actually being used to fix boots, including mine on two occasions... And as mentioned previously, we actually sleep in those zelt tents. (very uncomfortable, but we did it)

Clan Recruitment:

Plushy Snorlax #26 Posted 13 June 2018 - 01:31 AM

Private

• Players
  • 3331 battles
  • [ONE]

View PostBusiedBat306, on 12 June 2018 - 08:02 PM, said:

The guy who said we use most of our stuff would be me. Its completely true, very little of the items in our camp are decorative. The Jerry cans marked with "Trinken Wasser" actually contain the water we drink, the shoe repair station was actually being used to fix boots, including mine on two occasions... And as mentioned previously, we actually sleep in those zelt tents. (very uncomfortable, but we did it)

But the jacket fixing was probably decorative because they shouldn't break that easily. After all, you guys aren't actually serving.

[ONE] dcr66's kid

I arrange music in my spare time, paint, and play tanks.

"To you, Maria... I swear revenge! This is what you wanted, right?"

BusiedBat306 #27 Posted 13 June 2018 - 02:43 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 13527 battles
  • [MCGS]

View PostPlushy Snorlax, on 12 June 2018 - 08:31 PM, said:

But the jacket fixing was probably decorative because they shouldn't break that easily. After all, you guys aren't actually serving.

Nah, he was actually putting french cuffs onto his greatcoat. Everything there had a purpose. 

Edit: You are right though, in reality we are not serving. After a month I guarantee our uniforms would be in tatters without proper care.

Edited by BusiedBat306, 13 June 2018 - 02:47 AM.

Clan Recruitment:

Sovietdeath #28 Posted 13 June 2018 - 08:56 AM

Major

• WoTC Online Contributor
  • 14971 battles

View PostBusiedBat306, on 12 June 2018 - 05:39 PM, said:

On the first day there was a miscommunication between us and the tanks, so the guy who was overseeing our position insisted we hold fire. On the second day the MG team decided to fall back and set up right in front of us. Once again we had to hold fire as sending one would have permanently damaged their hearing. Two of our guys already had permanent tinnitus because some moron fired at them from point blank range last year. (That particular individual is no longer welcome at events held in canada.) If a Lee Enfield can do damage like that imagine the effect of our 37...

Totally understand where sound is a concern

Really surprised at how many people would not wear hearing protection in the crowd even when it was readily available for cheap, or bring small children that easily cry because the noise scares them. 

I may have to scrap or cut some sound due to the latter from my video footage

BusiedBat306 #29 Posted 13 June 2018 - 12:56 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 13527 battles
  • [MCGS]

View PostSovietdeath, on 13 June 2018 - 03:56 AM, said:

Totally understand where sound is a concern

Really surprised at how many people would not wear hearing protection in the crowd even when it was readily available for cheap, or bring small children that easily cry because the noise scares them. 

I may have to scrap or cut some sound due to the latter from my video footage

In some of the vids I have either shot or got a hold of, it kinda sounds like wounded soldiers lol. IT SOUNDS MORBID BUT I DID NOT MEAN IT THAT WAY.

Clan Recruitment:

Sovietdeath #30 Posted 13 June 2018 - 01:19 PM

Major

• 14971 battles

View PostBusiedBat306, on 13 June 2018 - 07:56 AM, said:

In some of the vids I have either shot or got a hold of, it kinda sounds like wounded soldiers lol. IT SOUNDS MORBID BUT I DID NOT MEAN IT THAT WAY.

All I know is the one "wounded" German soldier from Sat was insanely popular with the crowd :)

dcr66 #31 Posted 13 June 2018 - 02:21 PM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 22674 battles
  • [ONE]

I like the part on day 1 after the WW2 reenactment when the German soldiers marched back to the camp singing the German marching song "Erika" (I think). That was nice. My kids know those music!!! They put them on few times playing WoT. 1 time I came back to the computer room with someone playing Erika on the cell phone, my son happened to be driving a German tank in COD WW2 with a kill streak near 20.

The German officer at the 8cm mortar does look like Erwin Rommel. 

However I overheard some conversations in the lunch area that some older adults (not WW2 veterans age) were upset about the way someone has the SS uniform and the singing of these German songs. I was going to send my kids (both TaeKwonDo 2nd dan black belt) over to tell them to shut up but obviously I didn't. Honestly they shouldn't be at any event with reenactments.

BusiedBat306 #32 Posted 13 June 2018 - 02:29 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 13527 battles
  • [MCGS]

View PostSovietdeath, on 13 June 2018 - 08:19 AM, said:

All I know is the one "wounded" German soldier from Sat was insanely popular with the crowd :)

That would be Stauffer... Hes my main contact in the unit, absolutely hilarious guy. In my picture of the "belt fed k98s" he is the one on the right with the crazy facial expression.

Clan Recruitment:

BusiedBat306 #33 Posted 13 June 2018 - 02:33 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 13527 battles
  • [MCGS]

View Postdcr66, on 13 June 2018 - 09:21 AM, said:

I like the part on day 1 after the WW2 reenactment when the German soldiers marched back to the camp singing the German marching song "Erika" (I think). That was nice. My kids know those music!!! They put them on few times playing WoT. 1 time I came back to the computer room with someone playing Erika on the cell phone, my son happened to be driving a German tank in COD WW2 with a kill streak near 20.

However I overheard some conversations in the lunch area that some older adults (not WW2 veterans age) were upset about the way someone has the SS uniform and the singing of these German songs. I was going to send my kids (both TaeKwonDo 2nd dan black belt) over to tell them to shut up but obviously I didn't. Honestly they shouldn't be at any event with reenactments.

We were singing Westerwald lied. Yeah, I wish someone had a video of us marching, hobnails hitting the pavement is so satisfying.

Clan Recruitment:

Sovietdeath #34 Posted 13 June 2018 - 03:34 PM

Major

• 14971 battles

View PostBusiedBat306, on 13 June 2018 - 09:33 AM, said:

View Postdcr66, on 13 June 2018 - 09:21 AM, said:

We were singing Westerwald lied. Yeah, I wish someone had a video of us marching, hobnails hitting the pavement is so satisfying.

History is history, to pretend it didn't exist would not be right, the reactors are there to promote the history and culture to show how it was like the good and even sometimes the bad. But it's not usually in any form of disrespect. Also it doesn't show what these people truly believe and I feel most are very easy going and generally good people.

BusiedBat306 #35 Posted 13 June 2018 - 05:40 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 13527 battles
  • [MCGS]

View PostSovietdeath, on 13 June 2018 - 10:34 AM, said:

History is history, to pretend it didn't exist would not be right, the reactors are there to promote the history and culture to show how it was like the good and even sometimes the bad. But it's not usually in any form of disrespect. Also it doesn't show what these people truly believe and I feel most are very easy going and generally good people.

I think dcr was referring to the people complaining about the SS. Basically, why go to a WW2 reenactment if your not prepared to see German uniforms... Anyway, lets try not to get into politics here. Anyone else have photos of the event to share?

Edited by BusiedBat306, 13 June 2018 - 05:41 PM.

Clan Recruitment:

BusiedBat306 #36 Posted 13 June 2018 - 05:55 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 13527 battles
  • [MCGS]
@RaiBOT01 or @MaxChaos24 Perhaps some of the photos could be included in an upcoming Battle Heroes or Event article?

Clan Recruitment:

FlamMabel #37 Posted 14 June 2018 - 01:32 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 22444 battles
  • [SIX]

Was a great weekend, for sure. I haven't had a chance to go though the pictures hubby took. I'll try and post some when I get a chance.

Pics and video turned out great on my phone as well. I'll see if I can post some of them as well. Too bad it's awkward to put pictures up on here.

And I found out I can throw a German grenade accurately on the first try. LOL

dcr66 #38 Posted 14 June 2018 - 04:03 PM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 22674 battles
  • [ONE]

I found couple of videos from other sources.

The FB page of Ontario Regiment Museum showing the Allies side of the battle.

https://www.facebook.com/Cdngunworx/videos/807068689484873/

My daughter found this on YouTube last night. It caught her attention because she is in the clip. The girl in that "Barbarossa" trench coat, white pants, and camo hat. She was taking the pictures I posted earlier.

I found this one of the German camp in the "CDN Gunworx" FB page. From Day 1 of the event, in the afternoon after the Battle Royale. I know because my kid is in this pic.

Spoiler

Speaking of that MP40. I am not sure whether it was the same gun carried by one of those re-enactor standing on top of the Hetzer after the afternoon show. My son asked that guy to borrow the MP40 for a picture after he took a pic with the replica MG42. That re-enactor was saying that "a kid asked me to borrow my SMG"....

Edited by dcr66, 14 June 2018 - 04:23 PM.

Sovietdeath #39 Posted 14 June 2018 - 04:26 PM

Major

• 14971 battles

View Postdcr66, on 14 June 2018 - 11:03 AM, said:

My daughter found this on YouTube last night. It caught her attention because she is in the clip. The girl in that "Barbarossa" trench coat, white pants, and camo hat. She was taking the pictures I posted earlier.

I found this one of the German camp in the "CDN Gunworx" FB page. From Day 1 of the event, in the afternoon after the Battle Royale. I know because my kid is in this pic.

Spoiler

Speaking of that MP40. I am not sure whether it was the same gun carried by one of those re-enactor standing on top of the Hetzer after the afternoon show. My son asked that guy to borrow the MP40 for a picture after he took a pic with the replica MG42. That re-enactor was saying that "a kid asked me to borrow my SMG"....

ill be posting some video up soon maybe in the next day or two trying to decide how many vids to break it into

BusiedBat306 #40 Posted 14 June 2018 - 07:45 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 13527 battles
  • [MCGS]

View Postdcr66, on 14 June 2018 - 11:03 AM, said:

Spoiler

I don't think it was, unless it was the officer with the Rommel thing going on as he is the owner of the MP40 I pictured. However I don't remember him ever going over there.

Clan Recruitment:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users