Jump to content


Earn premium ops?


  • Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

MoldyDolfin #1 Posted 13 June 2018 - 11:09 AM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 6987 battles
  • 393
  • [TOOL]
  • Member since:
    06-08-2016

Ok, so when I first joined this game and (sometimes) great community, I was given the opportunity to earn the Motherland.

Earn XP (I think 20k) using Russian tanks.

I was lucky that the first line I grinded was Russian and earned most of my XP in the KV1.

Back then I was able to spend most of my day playing Tanks.

The next earn tank op was for the French CDC (which I earned) tank and required the same amount of XP but because the French line was quite new, was able to be earned by using tanks of any nation.

These are both great tanks if you know how to use them (apparently because I suck in them both) and are highly sought after (especially the Motherland).

Now you must earn double the XP... AND use the same nation to earn the free tank.. This is unrealistic for casual plus players let alone the new players this game now seems to cater for. Fair enough if you're retired or unemployed and your life revolves around tanks because you don't have a family or responsibilities but what about the rest of us?

Most people that don't have the time to play 200 games a week will use premiums to earn the XP so are using a premium(s) of a nation to earn a premium of the same nation instead of being given the opportunity to earn a premium tank of a nation they need (or would like).

I would love an American tier VIII premium but don't want to run my 3 marked tanks or bottom package tanks over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again for the next two weeks!

This "mercenaries" hype better be good because WG has been doing nothing but serve frustration lately!!!!

.


 



 


 


ABAOUIA #2 Posted 13 June 2018 - 11:19 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 35721 battles
  • 3,544
  • Member since:
    03-09-2015
Hmm, i can agree partialy with what your saying...

Yes. It's a lot of XP, but doable...

You need and want a USA prem, but you don't wanna play the tanks you have...

Well nothing comes for free, so if youre not playing for it, guess you don't get the tank eighter...

Not sure what you want WG to do...


Norrin-Radd_SS01 #3 Posted 13 June 2018 - 11:52 AM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 30425 battles
  • 1,958
  • Member since:
    09-07-2016

Yes this is hard, but then why should it be easy, we need to earn it. I have loads of USA tanks and 5  premiums I could use, but and going for Germany with 4 crews and a PZ V/IV. USA would be a cake walk I could just do the double on all the tanks every day, but I need a German more so I'll risk it for a biscuit. Might not make it as I have other things to do, but got 42K yesterday so well on target.

Honestly these OPs should be hardish the only thing I would say is that the prizes for completing each mission could be a bit better, 1st is silver, 2nd 3 x 3x XP boosts, but who knows the next might be decent like 3 days prem which would give me enough to get this OP totally done as only got 7 days left.

Making them too easy is just giving away tanks and why should they do that? They want people to play more, buy prem time and/or tanks to get this done. I don't think their business model is working or sustainable, but you can see what the plan is.



Rubbelito #4 Posted 13 June 2018 - 11:55 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 16896 battles
  • 5,779
  • [TNT]
  • Member since:
    02-04-2016

I'm going on a motorcycle vacation through Europe for three weeks.

So I can't earn it either.

Not fair.

I require compensation.

 

 

 

:popcorn:


[TNT] Scorpions

Rubbelito Youtube


Bibo1GerUk #5 Posted 13 June 2018 - 11:58 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 21774 battles
  • 3,076
  • Member since:
    03-12-2014

It's called an Earn Op for a reason. You don't want to earn it then you don't deserve it. And I doubt 20K XP got you the Motherland back then.

Edit: Was that Motherland OP the random drop one? Then it wasn't the XP that got it.


Edited by Bibo1GerUk, 13 June 2018 - 12:43 PM.

Remember, it's just a game!


Addicted2Pron #6 Posted 13 June 2018 - 12:34 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 20126 battles
  • 200
  • Member since:
    12-12-2015

View PostMoldyDolfin, on 13 June 2018 - 11:09 AM, said:

Ok, so when I first joined this game and (sometimes) great community, I was given the opportunity to earn the Motherland.

Earn XP (I think 20k) using Russian tanks.

I was lucky that the first line I grinded was Russian and earned most of my XP in the KV1.

Back then I was able to spend most of my day playing Tanks.

The next earn tank op was for the French CDC (which I earned) tank and required the same amount of XP but because the French line was quite new, was able to be earned by using tanks of any nation.

These are both great tanks if you know how to use them (apparently because I suck in them both) and are highly sought after (especially the Motherland).

Now you must earn double the XP... AND use the same nation to earn the free tank.. This is unrealistic for casual plus players let alone the new players this game now seems to cater for. Fair enough if you're retired or unemployed and your life revolves around tanks because you don't have a family or responsibilities but what about the rest of us?

Most people that don't have the time to play 200 games a week will use premiums to earn the XP so are using a premium(s) of a nation to earn a premium of the same nation instead of being given the opportunity to earn a premium tank of a nation they need (or would like).

I would love an American tier VIII premium but don't want to run my 3 marked tanks or bottom package tanks over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again for the next two weeks!

This "mercenaries" hype better be good because WG has been doing nothing but serve frustration lately!!!!

.


 

 

And you forgot to mention another failure of the "nation specific ops", you cant do them with the dual crew trainers. No amx chaffee for american op or captured kv1 - t34-88 for the german ops. Why are they not compatible?



UltimoPit385186 #7 Posted 13 June 2018 - 12:39 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 17672 battles
  • 169
  • Member since:
    01-06-2016

View PostAddicted2Pron, on 13 June 2018 - 12:34 PM, said:

 

And you forgot to mention another failure of the "nation specific ops", you cant do them with the dual crew trainers. No amx chaffee for american op or captured kv1 - t34-88 for the german ops. Why are they not compatible?

Are you sure about the Captured KV1?

I imagine since the AMX Chaffee is under the French flag and T-34-88 is 'Russian' that's why those tanks don't qualify.



ABAOUIA #8 Posted 13 June 2018 - 12:41 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 35721 battles
  • 3,544
  • Member since:
    03-09-2015

View PostRubbelito, on 13 June 2018 - 12:55 PM, said:

I'm going on a motorcycle vacation through Europe for three weeks.

So I can't earn it either.

Not fair.

I require compensation.

 

 

 

:popcorn:

 

If you pass trough Holland,

there is alcohol and burgers at a certain village for free, mi casa Est si casa

 

Whereever you go ; safe travvels !



DaLuckyDawg #9 Posted 13 June 2018 - 01:00 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 23894 battles
  • 306
  • Member since:
    06-27-2017

I disagree.  I own a business and am out of the country until Friday.  With a little luck and alcohol should have this tank (haven’t decided which one) by Monday or Tuesday...maybe even Sunday.  And, I have been playing less than a year and have a wife and two teenagers.  Just because the ops get harder over time doesn’t make them impossible.

 

Sounds like you have tanks but want to be selective in which ones you play.  Once I decide on a country I will 2X XP the hell out of the tanks for those countries and try to perform my best.  It’s not rocket science.  The one thing I will never do is complain because this op isn’t as easy as some op they had previously.



MASHMAN 90 #10 Posted 13 June 2018 - 01:07 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 25774 battles
  • 5,511
  • Member since:
    02-21-2014

View PostAddicted2Pron, on 13 June 2018 - 12:34 PM, said:

 

And you forgot to mention another failure of the "nation specific ops", you cant do them with the dual crew trainers. No amx chaffee for american op or captured kv1 - t34-88 for the german ops. Why are they not compatible?

 

My Champion M10 can train German and American Crews but classed as Germany so it counts for the VK but not Patton :)

Youtube

Twitter

 

Grovyle from Pokemon Mystery Dungeon

The important thing is not how long you live... It's what you accomplish with your life. While I live, I want to shine. I want to prove that I exist. If I could do something really important... That would definitely carry on into the future.

 


Ronin Gaidin #11 Posted 13 June 2018 - 01:25 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 26480 battles
  • 2,871
  • Member since:
    11-10-2013

View PostAddicted2Pron, on 13 June 2018 - 08:34 AM, said:

 

And you forgot to mention another failure of the "nation specific ops", you cant do them with the dual crew trainers. No amx chaffee for american op or captured kv1 - t34-88 for the german ops. Why are they not compatible?

 

Captured KV-1 absolutely counts for Germany. When we had Russian Ops the T-34-88 counted. AMX Chaffee is French, and would count for any France-specific Op. All depends on the flag behind the tank - or even easier, if you set garage filter to German tanks only then all eligible tanks in your garage will be shown. 

Rubbelito #12 Posted 13 June 2018 - 01:50 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 16896 battles
  • 5,779
  • [TNT]
  • Member since:
    02-04-2016

View PostABAOUIA, on 13 June 2018 - 02:41 PM, said:

 

If you pass trough Holland,

there is alcohol and burgers at a certain village for free, mi casa Est si casa

 

Whereever you go ; safe travvels !

 

Cheers!

Unfortunately, not this time. I do appreciate the invite!

(And we're also a bunch of bikers going together, so don't promise too much now... lol)

 


[TNT] Scorpions

Rubbelito Youtube


Addicted2Pron #13 Posted 13 June 2018 - 02:01 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 20126 battles
  • 200
  • Member since:
    12-12-2015

View PostUltimoPit385186, on 13 June 2018 - 12:39 PM, said:

Are you sure about the Captured KV1?

I imagine since the AMX Chaffee is under the French flag and T-34-88 is 'Russian' that's why those tanks don't qualify.

 

Yea i might have been wrong about the kv1 but you get my point with a nation specific crew any exp earned should count towards the op of the crews nation should it not?



FuzzySquirrel21 #14 Posted 13 June 2018 - 02:17 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 7252 battles
  • 789
  • Member since:
    10-08-2016
I’m currently away and I won’t be back until Sunday.   I won’t have the time to earn it as I go back to work on Monday.   The Fatherland was a month, and same requirements of 400k xp.   400k xp is a lot for me to do in less than 14 days.

It is what it is though.  

New WoT goals and Thank you WG for providing a game for me to yolo in!

1.   Hit 40% Winrate (highest winrate 60.30%) (Current Winrate 59.66)

2.   Hit sub 400 wn8 (highest wn8 3242.36) (Current wn8 3231.13)

3.   Yolo my way to FV215b 183

4.   being the best at being the worst is still being the best! 


Capn Ratchet45 #15 Posted 13 June 2018 - 02:28 PM

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 14389 battles
  • 48
  • Member since:
    09-05-2015
Called earn op for a reason...should not be easily completed by new players, or casual players, it should be a challenge. Only those who work the hardest should reap the reward. The last earn op had multiple stages so those who could not reasonably grind the required amount for the large prize could aim for something smaller instead. I think that is the best format, but I disagree that this op is difficult, it's straight xp earning. There is no relying on teamates for assisted dmg, tracking, or wins. There is no top 5 requirement so you earn towards op EVERY match. There is no random medal drop rng to rely on. Other than multi stage prizes this is as good as it gets imo.

II NO x VICE II #16 Posted 13 June 2018 - 02:37 PM

    Major

  • Supertest - Xbox One
  • 27261 battles
  • 2,955
  • [PRIME]
  • Member since:
    07-27-2014

View PostAddicted2Pron, on 13 June 2018 - 07:34 AM, said:

 

And you forgot to mention another failure of the "nation specific ops", you cant do them with the dual crew trainers. No amx chaffee for american op or captured kv1 - t34-88 for the german ops. Why are they not compatible?

 

View PostAddicted2Pron, on 13 June 2018 - 09:01 AM, said:

 

Yea i might have been wrong about the kv1 but you get my point with a nation specific crew any exp earned should count towards the op of the crews nation should it not?

 

If you turn on the filter for the nation, you can very clearly see which nation it belongs to. Only when crew transferring does it allow the tank of the other nation (the one that is dual trainer) to appear. The game awards XP towards the ops based on the nation it belongs to. It has always been like that - WG can change it if they want to, but I do not remember any nation specific op that has ever allowed dual trainers.

 

I am not going to participate in it since the 400k XP requirements in about two weeks with just specific tanks (regardless of dual trainers or not) are way too high for me.

 

But I am ok with it, since I have other tanks and crew to grind. I suspect a lot of players will not play this op as well for a similar reason. But that is how the cookie crumbles.

 

My question is: Do any boost op awards, if selected, count towards it?

 

 



MASHMAN 90 #17 Posted 13 June 2018 - 02:45 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 25774 battles
  • 5,511
  • Member since:
    02-21-2014

View PostII NO x VICE II, on 13 June 2018 - 02:37 PM, said:

 

 

If you turn on the filter for the nation, you can very clearly see which nation it belongs to. Only when crew transferring does it allow the tank of the other nation (the one that is dual trainer) to appear. The game awards XP towards the ops based on the nation it belongs to. It has always been like that - WG can change it if they want to, but I do not remember any nation specific op that has ever allowed dual trainers.

 

I am not going to participate in it since the 400k XP requirements in about two weeks with just specific tanks (regardless of dual trainers or not) are way too high for me.

 

But I am ok with it, since I have other tanks and crew to grind. I suspect a lot of players will not play this op as well for a similar reason. But that is how the cookie crumbles.

 

My question is: Do any boost op awards, if selected, count towards it?

 

 

 

No Boosts.

Youtube

Twitter

 

Grovyle from Pokemon Mystery Dungeon

The important thing is not how long you live... It's what you accomplish with your life. While I live, I want to shine. I want to prove that I exist. If I could do something really important... That would definitely carry on into the future.

 


Addicted2Pron #18 Posted 13 June 2018 - 02:46 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 20126 battles
  • 200
  • Member since:
    12-12-2015

View PostII NO x VICE II, on 13 June 2018 - 02:37 PM, said:

 

 

If you turn on the filter for the nation, you can very clearly see which nation it belongs to. Only when crew transferring does it allow the tank of the other nation (the one that is dual trainer) to appear. The game awards XP towards the ops based on the nation it belongs to. It has always been like that - WG can change it if they want to, but I do not remember any nation specific op that has ever allowed dual trainers.

 

I am not going to participate in it since the 400k XP requirements in about two weeks with just specific tanks (regardless of dual trainers or not) are way too high for me.

 

But I am ok with it, since I have other tanks and crew to grind. I suspect a lot of players will not play this op as well for a similar reason. But that is how the cookie crumbles.

 

My question is: Do any boost op awards, if selected, count towards it?

 

 

 

Yea i havent been playing due to personal differences with wargaming. I would have loaded the game and checked otherwise. Its odd tho lately i have more fun trolling the forums then playing the game. Just wanted to voice my "very valid point" the crew drives the tank if they are german they should earn german exp towards the op it shouldn't be based on the tank. Would any country go drive a tank for an enemy nation and earn for said nation? Thats called being a traitor imo.



ABAOUIA #19 Posted 13 June 2018 - 03:17 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 35721 battles
  • 3,544
  • Member since:
    03-09-2015

View PostRubbelito, on 13 June 2018 - 02:50 PM, said:

 

Cheers!

Unfortunately, not this time. I do appreciate the invite!

(And we're also a bunch of bikers going together, so don't promise too much now... lol)

 

 

I once had a French soccer team with wives over for a weekend, some stayed at my parents home, some at mine, some at friends houses, i only knew half of the total group of people...

 

But the ones i knew where solid people so i knew the rest would be cool also...

 

Had a great weekend all together ;)



ABAOUIA #20 Posted 13 June 2018 - 03:20 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 35721 battles
  • 3,544
  • Member since:
    03-09-2015
Btw is that a bikers clan, wich has to do with Angels ?

Cause that might change it a little bit, not sure if my parents would vote for that :trollface:





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users