Oceanic Server

Servers Players Community Console

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

SootyRope238680 #1 Posted 14 June 2018 - 03:17 AM

Private

• Players
  • 5193 battles
For players in the oceanic regions it is often awful for us as we’re forced to play European/Asia servers which have horrible connections. Often causing extreme lag spikes, delayed responses, glitching/freezing. We need an oceanic server. Players in the oceanic region are suffering. We need this so we can actually play the game that was intended for playing. 

PATRIOTICxTBro #2 Posted 14 June 2018 - 03:35 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 11808 battles
  • [-HOW-]
It’s simple really the cost to profits isn’t good enough or non existent 

Ask me how to join -HOW- 2nd armored Hell on Wheels

DwarfOnDrugs #3 Posted 14 June 2018 - 05:28 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 27466 battles
  • [-UNL-]
I’ve seen a lot of AU players on Facebook very angry that the na w server was taken down. Something needs to be done or the Asia(area) players will stop playing.

(And yes i do need a new banner i can't be bothered to change it yet)

https://www.youtube....GOV0Ca_kQVSX2-w

greenteam117 #4 Posted 14 June 2018 - 06:13 AM

Major

• Players
  • 20362 battles
  • [LEONI]

sad thing is though there was barely anyone on the server previously, when it was up i could not even get a single match. (talking about the Asia server that was taken down a wile ago.)

PATRIOTICxTBro #5 Posted 14 June 2018 - 07:05 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 11808 battles
  • [-HOW-]

View PostDwarfOnDrugs, on 13 June 2018 - 09:28 PM, said:

I’ve seen a lot of AU players on Facebook very angry that the na w server was taken down. Something needs to be done or the Asia(area) players will stop playing.

the minority is usually the loudest. At any given time the West was always half the size of the east. It makes financial sense to have cut the servers into one. Unfortunalty wg isn’t a charity as a business they have to do right by themselves and if that means cutting overhead to remain profitable then they have to do what they have to. 

Finally the new “super” server that they are toughting hasn’t even gone up yet so all the worry is born from misinformation and speculation. Who knows it may be strong enough for those on the other side of the date line. 

DwarfOnDrugs #6 Posted 14 June 2018 - 07:30 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 27466 battles
  • [-UNL-]

View PostPATRIOTICxTBro, on 14 June 2018 - 07:05 AM, said:

the minority is usually the loudest. At any given time the West was always half the size of the east. It makes financial sense to have cut the servers into one. Unfortunalty wg isn’t a charity as a business they have to do right by themselves and if that means cutting overhead to remain profitable then they have to do what they have to. 

Finally the new “super” server that they are toughting hasn’t even gone up yet so all the worry is born from misinformation and speculation. Who knows it may be strong enough for those on the other side of the date line. 

I understand that financially it may not make sense i was trying to say i feel bad for the AU players that may have payed for prem tanks/time and with no prior warning have now had their preferred server removed. I doubt the ‘Super server’ will have the ability to remove the ping delay.

PATRIOTICxTBro #7 Posted 14 June 2018 - 08:01 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 11808 battles
  • [-HOW-]

View PostDwarfOnDrugs, on 13 June 2018 - 11:30 PM, said:

I understand that financially it may not make sense i was trying to say i feel bad for the AU players that may have payed for prem tanks/time and with no prior warning have now had their preferred server removed. I doubt the ‘Super server’ will have the ability to remove the ping delay.

I know it sucks but unfortunately at the end of the day it’s a business either we like it or not. I’ve already lost two of my friends who use to play tanks cause of the server...

DwarfOnDrugs #8 Posted 14 June 2018 - 08:24 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 27466 battles
  • [-UNL-]

View PostPATRIOTICxTBro, on 14 June 2018 - 08:01 AM, said:

I know it sucks but unfortunately at the end of the day it’s a business either we like it or not. I’ve already lost two of my friends who use to play tanks cause of the server...

Yeah i’ve lost a fair few tanking buddies due to WGs business decisions. :(

Steel Wolf 31 #9 Posted 14 June 2018 - 04:36 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 16547 battles
  • [VGC]
Mabye you could ask Kongzhong to host an East Hemisphere sever for WoT Console. If you ask *cough* pay *cough* them very nicely they might do it. 

What ever tactic you use is legit, but if the emey does it then its a cheap unfair OP noob tactic. 

http://www.wotinfo.n...687&server=xbox

Pillz16 #10 Posted 30 November 2018 - 09:02 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 13943 battles
  • [IFST]

To all the non effected NA or EU players I’m sure your opinions are going to be in favour of the change, however you don’t understand how much this changed the game at all.. 

PLUS, all of you calling “us” a minority are basing that on what figures? 

Do any of you actually know how many people play from Australia alone!?

Maybe someone could bring some figures into this and set it straight? :mellow:

Playing with over 1 second input delay gets old super fast, not like you 5 bars ever experience playing with 1. :hiding:

WhichwayLad #11 Posted 06 December 2018 - 04:27 PM

Private

• Players
  • 16931 battles
  • [2NDPD]
It’s easy for NA/EU players to talk about financial reasoning but don’t forget AU players also spend money and time grinding on this game. At least 10-15 times a day I get the server not available notice. It boots me mid game. By the time I sign back in I’m dead and have to wait to see the outcome which usually means I’m losing 50k silver if I haven’t caused any damage. So that’s losing 500-750k silver a day. Due to this I can’t justify paying for a premium account. I’m almost to the point of leaving the game myself. The new super server is worse than the old east server. I hardly got booted from games before the server amalgamation.

Ravenspurn #12 Posted 06 December 2018 - 07:35 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 8059 battles
  • [LYCAN]
Considering there is already an ANZ PC server, I cannot see why Wargaming could not add another server for Console.
wotasia3.login.wargaming.net geolocates to St Peters in NSW.

I played on the PC ANZ server recently to try out the new MM features, I was getting 200-300ms latency from Sweden.
There was the occasional 500 ms spike, but in general it was quite stable.

Also tagged with Servers, Players, Community, Console

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users