Jump to content


Missed Mercenaries at E3, Will their be a Video?


  • Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

MASHMAN 90 #1 Posted 14 June 2018 - 07:45 AM

    Major

  • WoTC Ambassador
  • 30889 battles
  • 9,707
  • Member since:
    02-21-2014

Missed the Facebook Announcement so was too late when I saw it on Twitter, Only Recap "ish" that I've seen is in French which I don't understand, Will their be a YouTube Video on Xbox or WOTC Channels?

 

Even tried the VOD on Mixer yesterday with no luck but tried just now their is a picture so i'll see if I can find it. Question still stands about the Video though so I can Share it to my FB Group :)


i generally post more News on Twitter these days but "may" post on Forum from time to time on my Future Vehicles Thread

http://forum-console.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/205056-future-update-vehicle-changes/

 

Disclaimer Below: If you don't read it and take my guesses as fact then it's not my fault.


MASHMAN 90 #2 Posted 14 June 2018 - 07:49 AM

    Major

  • WoTC Ambassador
  • 30889 battles
  • 9,707
  • Member since:
    02-21-2014

https://mixer.com/Xbox?vod=38362463

 

Skip to 1 hour 43 minutes


i generally post more News on Twitter these days but "may" post on Forum from time to time on my Future Vehicles Thread

http://forum-console.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/205056-future-update-vehicle-changes/

 

Disclaimer Below: If you don't read it and take my guesses as fact then it's not my fault.


Knot3D #3 Posted 14 June 2018 - 08:20 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 22828 battles
  • 3,302
  • Member since:
    01-18-2015

Sorry, I cringed hard, the moment they started talking about community collaboration & interaction. 

 

The pillboxes look OK though.



Sovietdeath #4 Posted 14 June 2018 - 09:51 AM

    Major

  • WoTC Online Contributor
  • 15134 battles
  • 20,314
  • Member since:
    08-10-2013

View PostKnot3D, on 14 June 2018 - 03:20 AM, said:

Sorry, I cringed hard, the moment they started talking about community collaboration & interaction. 

 

The pillboxes look OK though.

They aren't lying though. Just because others in the forum don't like it doesn't mean they were not collaborating with the community. 



SteampunkPagan #5 Posted 14 June 2018 - 09:54 AM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 83892 battles
  • 7,277
  • [HDC-R]
  • Member since:
    08-09-2013

I 100% refuse to use Fakebook (personal data just is not safe there). I to satisfy companies like this one moved to twitter WG needs to open up the questions on the weekly strike to include those from here & twitter and any & all video should be added to all their active platforms in my opinion.

SPP.


“Who shot him? I asked. The grey man scratched the back of his neck and said: Somebody with a gun.” ― Dashiell Hammett, Red Harvest

"Arrête! C'est ici l'empire de la Mort"

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"


Knot3D #6 Posted 14 June 2018 - 10:06 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 22828 battles
  • 3,302
  • Member since:
    01-18-2015

View PostSovietdeath, on 14 June 2018 - 10:51 AM, said:

They aren't lying though. Just because others in the forum don't like it doesn't mean they were not collaborating with the community. 

 

Pehaps technically speaking they aren't lying, but they sure do boast about it here as if it's something the ENTIRE playerbase is eagely anticipating and as if they developed this line using feedback from a broad representation of this playerbase. during development. 

 

So yeah, cringe worthy.

 

 



Brass Drag0n #7 Posted 14 June 2018 - 10:08 AM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 29458 battles
  • 3,353
  • Member since:
    01-04-2014

Speaking of E3, anyone think Fortnite might be our unlikely saviour?

 

Sony seem to have got themselves into a PR nightmare by not allowing Switch to PS4 crossplay, and players are not happy. 

 

So if Sony crack on this and allow cross play for one game, surely they'll have to allow it for all games?


Edited by Brass Drag0n, 14 June 2018 - 10:09 AM.

MoE: Ripper (1), M4A2E4 (1), M4 (1), Fury (1), M4A3E8 (1), M4A3E2 (1), T23E3 (1), Pershing (1), Freedom (1), T54E1 (1), M46 (1), M6A2E1 (1), M103 (1), Hellcat (1)​,  Sherman III (1),  Grizzly (1), Frostbite (1), Boilermaker (1), Firefly (2), Knight (1), Centurion 1 (1), Atomic (1), TOG II*​ (1), Churchill 1 (1), British Bulldog (1), FV 201 (1), Caernarvon (1), Conqueror (1), Charioteer (1), Tortoise (1), Conway (1), Death Star (1), LTTB (1), T-34-88 (1), T-44 (1), T-54 (1), Churchill III (2), KV-2 (1), IS-2 B (1), IS-3 (1), Defender (1), KV-5 (2), IS-7​ (1), IS-4 (1), Pz V/VI (1), Pz V/M10​ (2), Revenant (1), Panther II (1), Indien Pz (1), E50 (1), Leopard PTA (1), Cap. KV-1 (1), Citadel (1), Tiger 131 (1), Hammer ​(1), Tiger 1​ (3), Tiger P (1), B. Lowe (1), JagdTiger 8.8 (1), Chi-Nu Kai (1), Chi Ri (1), B. STA-2 (1), O-Ho (1), HT No.6 (1), Type 4 (1),  AMX 13 90 (1), M51 (1), AMX M4 45 (1), HMH M4 49 (1), Liberté (1), AMX 50 100 (1), AMX 50 120 (1), T-34-2 (1), IS-2 (1), 110 (1), 112 (1), ​WZ 111 1-4 (1), Zizka (1), TVP VTU (1), P.Victoria (1), UDES (1), Bigtop (1),

 

(PS4 - DRAGONxxSWORD)

 


Sovietdeath #8 Posted 14 June 2018 - 10:15 AM

    Major

  • WoTC Online Contributor
  • 15134 battles
  • 20,314
  • Member since:
    08-10-2013

View PostKnot3D, on 14 June 2018 - 05:06 AM, said:

 

Pehaps technically speaking they aren't lying, but they sure do boast about it here as if it's something the ENTIRE playerbase is eagely anticipating and as if they developed this line using feedback from a broad representation of this playerbase. during development. 

 

So yeah, cringe worthy.

 

 

1) They are there to promote it 

2) They are likely basing thier statements on those that have seen things and others who are quite positive about it. 

3) Why would they talk about it any other way?

 

Personally I'm excited for what this update represents, an openess to a tree where weird tanks both real and anacranisims can live, content geared for both newbies and vetrens. While at the same time I'm dreading at what others will precive it to be, how it will be pushed, ect.

 

Wouldn't say it was cringeworthy based on my personal experiences about it.



R35T NO MORE #9 Posted 14 June 2018 - 10:21 AM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 14423 battles
  • 21,388
  • [BNKR-]
  • Member since:
    08-23-2013

View PostKnot3D, on 14 June 2018 - 08:20 AM, said:

Sorry, I cringed hard, the moment they started talking about community collaboration & interaction. 

 

The pillboxes look OK though.

 

At least they lose the monopoly they have on WW2 tank PVP combat on xbox this month. 

Credit to Violet viper for my sig.


Sovietdeath #10 Posted 14 June 2018 - 10:41 AM

    Major

  • WoTC Online Contributor
  • 15134 battles
  • 20,314
  • Member since:
    08-10-2013

View PostR35T NO MORE, on 14 June 2018 - 05:21 AM, said:

 

At least they lose the monopoly they have on WW2 tank PVP combat on xbox this month. 

I legitimately tried to get into WT on PS4 and I just don't like the game play. At least in tanks if you make a mistake you can normally fall back and regroup.

 

In WT you just blow up. Do enjoy thier Warplanes though.



R35T NO MORE #11 Posted 14 June 2018 - 10:52 AM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 14423 battles
  • 21,388
  • [BNKR-]
  • Member since:
    08-23-2013

View PostSovietdeath, on 14 June 2018 - 10:41 AM, said:

I legitimately tried to get into WT on PS4 and I just don't like the game play. At least in tanks if you make a mistake you can normally fall back and regroup.

 

In WT you just blow up. Do enjoy thier Warplanes though.

 

True, but it will be nice to have a choice at least, atm this is the only option, which at times can be frustrating. Looking forward to trying out the aircraft. Last game i played that had any WW2 planes was probably Battlestations. I hear ships are on the way too. Hoping that bit is successful as maybe that would get WG to release WoWs on console. 

Credit to Violet viper for my sig.


Sovietdeath #12 Posted 14 June 2018 - 10:53 AM

    Major

  • WoTC Online Contributor
  • 15134 battles
  • 20,314
  • Member since:
    08-10-2013

View PostR35T NO MORE, on 14 June 2018 - 05:52 AM, said:

 

True, but it will be nice to have a choice at least, atm this is the only option, which at times can be frustrating. Looking forward to trying out the aircraft. Last game i played that had any WW2 planes was probably Battlestations. I hear ships are on the way too. Hoping that bit is successful as maybe that would get WG to release WoWs on console. 

All I want on WT is the Kb-2 xD still play working towards it now and then



DJPhoenix90 #13 Posted 14 June 2018 - 01:28 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 8424 battles
  • 228
  • Member since:
    12-13-2013

View PostBrass Drag0n, on 14 June 2018 - 10:08 AM, said:

Speaking of E3, anyone think Fortnite might be our unlikely saviour?

 

Sony seem to have got themselves into a PR nightmare by not allowing Switch to PS4 crossplay, and players are not happy. 

 

So if Sony crack on this and allow cross play for one game, surely they'll have to allow it for all games?

 

Ain't fortnite/epic games In a PR nightmare are right now as well with bluehole taking them to court over copyright infringement...



R35T NO MORE #14 Posted 14 June 2018 - 01:53 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 14423 battles
  • 21,388
  • [BNKR-]
  • Member since:
    08-23-2013

View PostDJPhoenix90, on 14 June 2018 - 01:28 PM, said:

 

Ain't fortnite/epic games In a PR nightmare are right now as well with bluehole taking them to court over copyright infringement...

 

The copyright case is ridiculous though tbf, as PUBG isn't/wasn't the first Battle Royale game, and you can't claim copyright on a genre anyway and aside from that the games are different, with regards graphic style, SFX, in-game mechanics etc. Kind of sad that they are trying. 

Credit to Violet viper for my sig.


Knot3D #15 Posted 14 June 2018 - 01:55 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 22828 battles
  • 3,302
  • Member since:
    01-18-2015

View PostSovietdeath, on 14 June 2018 - 11:15 AM, said:

1) They are there to promote it 

2) They are likely basing thier statements on those that have seen things and others who are quite positive about it. 

3) Why would they talk about it any other way?

 

Personally I'm excited for what this update represents, an openess to a tree where weird tanks both real and anacranisims can live, content geared for both newbies and vetrens. While at the same time I'm dreading at what others will precive it to be, how it will be pushed, ect.

 

Wouldn't say it was cringeworthy based on my personal experiences about it.

 

1. There is a difference between promoting something or being pretentious.

2. Dude, I'm not even talking about positive - negative opinions here.

I'm merely saying they're talking as if a majority or the playerbase was in on this project from the getgo. But in reality it was just a tiny select focus goup. They're boasting a placebo open communication. That, is cringe worthy.

3. The funny fact is that a majority of the players did not expect THIS interpretation of mercenary tanks. Don't try to deny that when most people were speculating about a mercenary line for years, they usually talked about a radically different concept.

 

Hence, WG could talk about it in a more open ended manner, instead of being dead-set on a narrow concept of copy pasting mix & match hulls, turrets and guns.

 

There are more subtle tangents to interpret the concept of mercenary tanks. A kind of interpretation which would be both interesting profit-wise and more reasonable in a historical technological context. I posted about this in Raibot's Mercenary Suggestions thread.  

 



R35T NO MORE #16 Posted 14 June 2018 - 01:57 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 14423 battles
  • 21,388
  • [BNKR-]
  • Member since:
    08-23-2013

View PostKnot3D, on 14 June 2018 - 01:55 PM, said:

 

1. There is a difference between promoting something or being pretentious.

2. Dude, I'm not even talking about positive - negative opinions here.

I'm merely saying they're talking as if a majority or the playerbase was in on this project from the getgo. But in reality it was just a tiny select focus goup. They're boasting a placebo open communication. That, is cringe worthy.

3. The funny fact is that a majority of the players did not expect THIS interpretation of mercenary tanks. Don't try to deny that when most people were speculating about a mercenary line for years, they usually talked about a radically different concept.

 

Hence, WG could talk about it in a more open ended manner, instead of being dead-set on a narrow concept of copy pasting mix & match hulls, turrets and guns.

 

There are more subtle tangents to interpret the concept of mercenary tanks. A kind of interpretation which would be both interesting profit-wise and more reasonable in a historical technological context. I posted about this in Raibot's Mercenary Suggestions thread.  

 

 

The "focus group" excuse is why we have packages instead of modules. Throughout beta the forums cried out for modules, but nope, the focus group knows what is best. 

Credit to Violet viper for my sig.


Corporal Derpy #17 Posted 14 June 2018 - 01:58 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 20764 battles
  • 18,248
  • [KMD]
  • Member since:
    02-12-2014

View PostR35T NO MORE, on 14 June 2018 - 01:53 PM, said:

The copyright case is ridiculous though tbf, as PUBG isn't/wasn't the first Battle Royale game, and you can't claim copyright on a genre anyway and aside from that the games are different, with regards graphic style, SFX, in-game mechanics etc. Kind of sad that they are trying. 

 

That and they have made themselves known to be quite silly with it already.

They did the whole copyright case previously to another game because it had a frying pan in it and they seemed to think that was only allowed in PUBG.


Garage : 

scwirpeo #18 Posted 14 June 2018 - 02:18 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 38360 battles
  • 9,412
  • [CRY]
  • Member since:
    02-14-2014

View PostDJPhoenix90, on 14 June 2018 - 06:28 AM, said:

 

Ain't fortnite/epic games In a PR nightmare are right now as well with bluehole taking them to court over copyright infringement...

 

Its not a good idea to legally persue the company licensing your game assets, and engine. It always turns out bad, if tencent can't bail them out pubg won't survive this battle.

 

It's happened before and epic always wins.


MOEs so I can pretend like they matter

Spoiler

 


Blossomy_Hippo #19 Posted 14 June 2018 - 02:38 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 5677 battles
  • 310
  • [ALPI]
  • Member since:
    12-10-2015

What the hell are those abominations? I was putting more time into WoT Console due to it having less nonsense/broken tanks added in the game. This makes me seriously reconsider that; on top of probably being better than their counterparts they also looks absolutely ridiculous.

You had good run WG.


Edited by Blossomy_Hippo, 14 June 2018 - 02:39 PM.

*PS4 Stats*

 

 

 


Wir2ality #20 Posted 14 June 2018 - 02:49 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 22293 battles
  • 405
  • Member since:
    01-05-2014
i m not on fcebook not on twiter not on gram (on diferent grams) i NEVER watch any loosers stream or any videos (part from official vids and reviews)  but still somehow SOMEHOW i still manage to play the game and even get possitive k/ds and good games. yes i know it sounds alien to u but trust me its possible




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users