Jump to content


Isn't it time that chicken arty were actually punished?


  • Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

Norrin-Radd_SS01 #1 Posted 14 June 2018 - 11:23 AM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 30457 battles
  • 1,969
  • Member since:
    09-07-2016

And anyone else for that matter who suicides.

Just had a game on swamp and their chicken, really want to name and shame, is the last alive so he goes and drowns himself. This should be punished, but no he's top scorer on his team. and I get 2XP and 240 silver as some sort of compensation, well it needs fixed. They should be banned, not for the odd time hey I even die by my own stupidity sometimes, but they could add a line of code so that the last 3 surviving get severe penalties for suicide and if they do it say 3 times in 100 games we never have to see them again.



BULLPUPBAKERST1 #2 Posted 14 June 2018 - 11:32 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 37780 battles
  • 10,982
  • [BNKR]
  • Member since:
    12-27-2014
Honestly...I see just as many tanks from the other classes suicide at the end. By letting it get under your skin, you are letting them win as that's part of the reason they do it. Worry about thy self. I'm proud of the fact that I've never suicided on this game. I always try to provide a fight. 

 

100% Credit/Thanks to Violet Viper X for the fantastic Sig. 

 

The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything.-Nietzsche-

 


desouza1971 #3 Posted 14 June 2018 - 11:32 AM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 9272 battles
  • 1,199
  • Member since:
    10-09-2016

Would be better if they killed themselves in the beginning of the match instead :D

I hear you though!



Proflex08 #4 Posted 14 June 2018 - 11:33 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 13162 battles
  • 3,073
  • [PAC]
  • Member since:
    02-23-2014

Trying to figure out why this is such a huge issue.


Tired of all the window licking oxygen wasters, that's why my tanks run on pure rage, the finest wodka, firing only premium Stalinium rounds guided by the hand Stalin himself. Stronk tanks, stronk results.

 

"never interrupt the enemy while they are making a mistake, that would be rude","If it's stupid and it works, it's not stupid " the Mighty Jingles. 

 


ATHFjman18 #5 Posted 14 June 2018 - 11:34 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 13630 battles
  • 3,986
  • Member since:
    06-27-2014
Who cares. I’d rather an arty drown himself to avoid wasting time then say watching a stupid light tank zipping around the map for 5 mins trying to avoid the inevitable...

Norrin-Radd_SS01 #6 Posted 14 June 2018 - 11:38 AM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 30457 battles
  • 1,969
  • Member since:
    09-07-2016

View PostBULLPUPBAKERST1, on 14 June 2018 - 11:32 AM, said:

Honestly...I see just as many tanks from the other classes suicide at the end. By letting it get under your skin, you are letting them win as that's part of the reason they do it. Worry about thy self. I'm proud of the fact that I've never suicided on this game. I always try to provide a fight. 

 

I did it once, but it was at the start and I was in a bad mood even before the idiots all went to a corner for some stupid meeting or something. I regret letting my team down (if there were any that cared) and have never done it again.

I do see other classes doing it, but no where near the amount of arty players, it's just bad sportmanship and should be punished, they said they were getting penalized but I stupidly died in one game and didn't notice any difference in XP so it just isn't enough. On PC because reporting is so much easier people get banned for this, WG needs to punish these idiots.



Norrin-Radd_SS01 #7 Posted 14 June 2018 - 11:41 AM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 30457 battles
  • 1,969
  • Member since:
    09-07-2016

View PostATHFjman18, on 14 June 2018 - 11:34 AM, said:

Who cares. I’d rather an arty drown himself to avoid wasting time then say watching a stupid light tank zipping around the map for 5 mins trying to avoid the inevitable...

 

If the light runs away and the team are too stupid not to just cap who's fault is that? If I'm in a light alone at the end I'll hide till they cap then try and get them, trying to fight 5 tanks when they are all chasing you is a bit silly.

BULLPUPBAKERST1 #8 Posted 14 June 2018 - 11:42 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 37780 battles
  • 10,982
  • [BNKR]
  • Member since:
    12-27-2014
If it makes you feel better, I do always mutter "coward" to myself when I see that last tank or arty suicide. 

 

100% Credit/Thanks to Violet Viper X for the fantastic Sig. 

 

The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything.-Nietzsche-

 


DwarfOnDrugs #9 Posted 14 June 2018 - 11:47 AM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 25227 battles
  • 644
  • [-UNL-]
  • Member since:
    03-12-2014
It sucks when you are on for a medal such as top gun/radleys but yeah try not let it get to you.

(And yes i do need a new banner i can't be bothered to change it yet)

https://www.youtube....GOV0Ca_kQVSX2-w


Corporal Derpy #10 Posted 14 June 2018 - 11:47 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 20439 battles
  • 17,710
  • [KMD]
  • Member since:
    02-12-2014

I don't understand why they haven't had a system to hit anyone who drowns regardless of the reasoning yet.

Because even to 'innocents' who just drowned once by accident, that's just a single slap on the wrist. If at many point you are getting hit by the system frequently enough it is causing you trouble then there is something you are doing wrong accidentally or on purpose.


Garage : 

'Imagine if this forum had only players who actually win more than lose trying to tell others how to play. Would be the best forum ever. Instead, we have a bunch of morons who lose more often than not trying to tell their betters how to play their tanks.'

'The term "casual gamer" is actually not accurate enough anymore to describe what the larger market is like. They want the illusion of accomplishment, but not the effort associated with it. The players aren't really doing anything, something else is doing it for them, and the player takes the credit for it.


ATHFjman18 #11 Posted 14 June 2018 - 11:48 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 13630 battles
  • 3,986
  • Member since:
    06-27-2014

View PostNorrin-Radd_SS01, on 14 June 2018 - 06:41 AM, said:

 

If the light runs away and the team are too stupid not to just cap who's fault is that? If I'm in a light alone at the end I'll hide till they cap then try and get them, trying to fight 5 tanks when they are all chasing you is a bit silly.

 

Cuz the guy in the Maus chasing the light is yelling at the rest of the team not to cap, so he can get more XP! :teethhappy:

tonygillott #12 Posted 14 June 2018 - 11:53 AM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 29086 battles
  • 548
  • Member since:
    01-19-2016

View PostNorrin-Radd_SS01, on 14 June 2018 - 11:23 AM, said:

And anyone else for that matter who suicides.

Just had a game on swamp and their chicken, really want to name and shame, is the last alive so he goes and drowns himself. This should be punished, but no he's top scorer on his team. and I get 2XP and 240 silver as some sort of compensation, well it needs fixed. They should be banned, not for the odd time hey I even die by my own stupidity sometimes, but they could add a line of code so that the last 3 surviving get severe penalties for suicide and if they do it say 3 times in 100 games we never have to see them again.

 

I don’t think theres anyway that WG can tell if it’s accidental or on purpose that’s why they won’t punish. It would be really harsh to get banned for an oops moment lol

MASHMAN 90 #13 Posted 14 June 2018 - 12:01 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 25784 battles
  • 5,522
  • Member since:
    02-21-2014

For me lately it's other classes what's worse, earlier and Jagtiger 88 asked me to go to beach on Overlord, I did but when Jagtiger saw O-Ho on level higher ground, he suicided from the nearest cliff. Had a VK 45.02 A in front and Tiger 131 behind, I took care of the VK first then turned to fight 131, I had a welcome assist from VK 30.02 D and we took out both tanks (VK was full health as was ignored, and I was a one shot). We won that game as well but shook my head.

 

In another game I seen Lights do the same thing.


Youtube

Twitter

 

Grovyle from Pokemon Mystery Dungeon

The important thing is not how long you live... It's what you accomplish with your life. While I live, I want to shine. I want to prove that I exist. If I could do something really important... That would definitely carry on into the future.

 


Corporal Derpy #14 Posted 14 June 2018 - 12:01 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 20439 battles
  • 17,710
  • [KMD]
  • Member since:
    02-12-2014

View Posttonygillott, on 14 June 2018 - 11:53 AM, said:

I don’t think theres anyway that WG can tell if it’s accidental or on purpose that’s why they won’t punish. It would be really harsh to get banned for an oops moment lol

 

For a lot of the repeat offenders, they'll likely be playing it off constantly as an 'oops moment'.

I don't see any problem with anyone being hit by it even if it's just a single accident, I mean if that's the only time you have that accident that week or so then that's like an hour or so ban no? Anyone can put up with that. But if you keep having those 'accidents' repeatedly in the same week then the system should start hitting you harder because clearly it isn't an accident.


Garage : 

'Imagine if this forum had only players who actually win more than lose trying to tell others how to play. Would be the best forum ever. Instead, we have a bunch of morons who lose more often than not trying to tell their betters how to play their tanks.'

'The term "casual gamer" is actually not accurate enough anymore to describe what the larger market is like. They want the illusion of accomplishment, but not the effort associated with it. The players aren't really doing anything, something else is doing it for them, and the player takes the credit for it.


tonygillott #15 Posted 14 June 2018 - 12:04 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 29086 battles
  • 548
  • Member since:
    01-19-2016

View PostCorporal Derpy, on 14 June 2018 - 12:01 PM, said:

 

For a lot of the repeat offenders, they'll likely be playing it off constantly as an 'oops moment'.

I don't see any problem with anyone being hit by it even if it's just a single accident, I mean if that's the only time you have that accident that week or so then that's like an hour or so ban no? Anyone can put up with that. But if you keep having those 'accidents' repeatedly in the same week then the system should start hitting you harder because clearly it isn't an accident.

I agree, repeat offenders should be removed from the game not just banned. But unfortunately it’s a WG decision not ours. It’s been called for many times, I think if you send them evidence they will act?



BULLPUPBAKERST1 #16 Posted 14 June 2018 - 12:05 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 37780 battles
  • 10,982
  • [BNKR]
  • Member since:
    12-27-2014
Come to think of it, it's a lot more frustrating watching a two-tank platoon of tier 7s suicide at the beginning of a tier 9 battle...I'm even seeing tier 8 platoons suicide at the start of tier 9 battles lately. Watching a platoon of low tier lights suicide makes me shake my head too. 

 

100% Credit/Thanks to Violet Viper X for the fantastic Sig. 

 

The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything.-Nietzsche-

 


ATHFjman18 #17 Posted 14 June 2018 - 12:12 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 13630 battles
  • 3,986
  • Member since:
    06-27-2014

View Posttonygillott, on 14 June 2018 - 07:04 AM, said:

I agree, repeat offenders should be removed from the game not just banned. But unfortunately it’s a WG decision not ours. It’s been called for many times, I think if you send them evidence they will act?

 

Removed from the game? LOL.... the player base is low enough as it is.

 

View PostBULLPUPBAKERST1, on 14 June 2018 - 07:05 AM, said:

Come to think of it, it's a lot more frustrating watching a two-tank platoon of tier 7s suicide at the beginning of a tier 9 battle...I'm even seeing tier 8 platoons suicide at the start of tier 9 battles lately. Watching a platoon of low tier lights suicide makes me shake my head too. 

 

Agreed. This is much more annoying. I don’t get it either.... Why don’t people realize light tanks get more dangerous at the end of the match?

fozfactor #18 Posted 14 June 2018 - 12:35 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 43528 battles
  • 856
  • Member since:
    12-23-2013

View PostCorporal Derpy, on 14 June 2018 - 07:01 AM, said:

 

For a lot of the repeat offenders, they'll likely be playing it off constantly as an 'oops moment'.

I don't see any problem with anyone being hit by it even if it's just a single accident, I mean if that's the only time you have that accident that week or so then that's like an hour or so ban no? Anyone can put up with that. But if you keep having those 'accidents' repeatedly in the same week then the system should start hitting you harder because clearly it isn't an accident.

 

Punitive action for accidentally slipping in the water? Nope wouldn't put up with it. 

I get it's annoying but your proposal has slippery slope all over it.

 


 

On l'a bien allumé!

-Marianne Durieux (Commader, Guillaume Tell)

 

 


Snorelacks #19 Posted 14 June 2018 - 12:37 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 22599 battles
  • 6,062
  • [BNKR]
  • Member since:
    02-24-2014

View PostBULLPUPBAKERST1, on 14 June 2018 - 05:32 AM, said:

Honestly...I see just as many tanks from the other classes suicide at the end. By letting it get under your skin, you are letting them win as that's part of the reason they do it. Worry about thy self. I'm proud of the fact that I've never suicided on this game. I always try to provide a fight.

 

^^^^^This. I just take the XP and Silver they give me and move on. Happy to have never intentionally killed myself as well.


 


ralfybaby62 #20 Posted 14 June 2018 - 12:47 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 19300 battles
  • 2,666
  • [10SR]
  • Member since:
    06-06-2015
I think it will be hard to tell for the game software to tell if someone is deliberately drowning or falling off a rock or cliff versus accidentally slipping into the water and/or dying from falling. I do the latter sometimes to my own chagrin and don't see how the game could tell if I did it on purpose or not. 





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users