• Please log in to reply
132 replies to this topic

TanksForNothing #81 Posted 09 August 2018 - 11:22 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 8414 battles
  • [-N-]

View PostCapn Ratchet45, on 09 August 2018 - 11:16 PM, said:

the actual lies and exaggerations are from you guys saying that it can't be bought...OK...about 10% can't be bought...the other 90% CAN be bought and its the part of the op where you have to actually prove you have the dedication and skill to be able to finish spotting a half million tanks and earn a million XP before Xmas eve in order to earn the supposed "not for sale tank" not impressed...

I'm sure they swing left so it makes sense how they operate.

Addicted2Pron #82 Posted 09 August 2018 - 11:33 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 22873 battles
  • [PIRAI]

View PostGameWinner_001, on 09 August 2018 - 10:42 PM, said:

Yeah, the Tusk is not available for outright sale.

Luckily new players cannot buy a tier 10 tank at once, so far so good.

But the target audience are not new players for the Tusk contract anyway.

It is players who own the required tanks for the contract (at least one tier 9 tank).

And this target audience only needs to grind for 1 or 2 days for stages 1-4 and can then buy out a tank whose grind would normally take up to 2-4 months (many many hours). Stages 1-4, half of the stages, it sounds so much, but in fact these four stages are over so quickly compared to the rest.

A player of the target audience does not even need to go through the effort to accumulate convertible or free xp.

Instead such a player can directly buy the tank for gold, simply by opening his wallet.

If I imagine I would get the Tusk in December after a super long grind and nobody can later tell whether I received it because I bought the tank or I grinded it out .... this is a downer to me.

I mean, in the normal tech trees, if people pay gold in order to receive free xp they at least must have still accumulated some convertible xp before, meaning, they must have put some considerable effort (played matches) into it.

This kind of effort is not required for the Tusk if you choose to buy out the contract.

That's why I, personally, will probably do not feel much of accomplishment after finishing the grind in December (in case I ever finish this grind) since there are people who have just bought the tank.

Just buying out the tank means, that these people do not have to make any in-game sacrifice (not even have to sacrifice any of their convertible or free xp).

They own a tier 9 tank and I own a tier 9 tank, they grind for 1 or 2 days and then "booom" they have the tank without being required to use their previously hard earned convertible xp - and the grinder is still busy grinding for several more months. This seems disproportionate to me.

So, the value of successfully grinding out the tank and the value of the feeling of accomplishment suffers severly, I think, as there are people WITHIN THE TARGET GROUP who have not made any additional in-game sacrifice (apart from owning a tier 9 tank) in order to get the Tusk.

I agree, it does take away that accomplishment feeling.

Player A, grinds and puts in the effort. 

Player B, puts in minimal effort and buys it outright.

While player B pays to keep the game afloat short term its actually player A that gives this game life.

Player A's determination, effort, and willingness to learn fills the matchmaking queue and in effect is more benificial to the game then player B.

I understand wargamings need to pump out countless reskins, charge for premium time that runs out when you dont play, and the need for prammo/consumables that can be purchased using gold. Wargaming has to make a profit.

They should already be making enough with their business model to keep the game going. Unless their expenditures are that high, which could be a possibility due to the closing of the Seattle office, server moves, etc.

I am however still convinced mercenaries is a blatant cash grab. Its new and people like new stuff. Once the wow factors gone we will get a new batch of reskins.

TemplarKnight75 #83 Posted 09 August 2018 - 11:34 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 15574 battles
  • [OJD]

View PostBrogueOne, on 09 August 2018 - 05:05 PM, said:

I don’t care how dumb you think I look. I stand by what I said. Can any random player just fork over money to buy the Tusk? Can a day-one player do that? No. Hence, Tusk is not simply “for sale”.  It’s true that someone can “buy out” the remainder of the Contract, but it costs them a previous investment in grinding the tanks required to get to the point where you can use your money in the first place.

Smh

they don't care any reason to be mad at wg regardless of context or fact is good enough for them. The realities of game development and marketing teams are lost here much less the fact that game developers(the good ones) especially this company Don't make decisions on balancing on a whim. They also don't determine prices or even whether something gets charged for or given as an earn op. The reality is WG is a company that has teams of people with years of sales experience in games deciding prices. I may not always agree and to be honest I think they go too far with their prices many times. But Its also important to note that at no point do we NEED to buy anything which is very rare for free games. Just look at Battlefront, battlefield, call of duty, GTA, Destiny, etc. All games that we pay 60$ for. Then some combination of season passes, microtransactions, and loot box gambling that effectively cripple their games just to slowly mentally chip away till you buy. But warframe, WOT, fortnite, hell even WT don't do that ceryainley not to a degree that it prevents free play.  Whether you like the fact that tusk can be bought out or not no one can deny new players are prevented from buying it and wg can still monetize it and make money as any company would. WG is certainly not innocent but why listen to people who call them Greedy stupid morons over and over. I know I wouldn't 

TemplarKnight75 #84 Posted 09 August 2018 - 11:37 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 15574 battles
  • [OJD]

View PostAddicted2Pron, on 09 August 2018 - 06:33 PM, said:

I agree, it does take away that accomplishment feeling.

Player A, grinds and puts in the effort. 

Player B, puts in minimal effort and buys it outright.

While player B pays to keep the game afloat short term its actually player A that gives this game life.

Player A's determination, effort, and willingness to learn fills the matchmaking queue and in effect is more benificial to the game then player B.

I understand wargamings need to pump out countless reskins, charge for premium time that runs out when you dont play, and the need for prammo/consumables that can be purchased using gold. Wargaming has to make a profit.

They should already be making enough with their business model to keep the game going. Unless their expenditures are that high, which could be a possibility due to the closing of the Seattle office, server moves, etc.

I am however still convinced mercenaries is a blatant cash grab. Its new and people like new stuff. Once the wow factors gone we will get a new batch of reskins.

The offices were moved because many companies are moving from la to lower. Cost areas it's just common sense business and there's no way WOT could keep going without new premiums, trees, earn ops etc. There's isn't a single free to play game that's survived this long that doesn't keep new content coming out 

Badfaith PRIEST #85 Posted 09 August 2018 - 11:48 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 16605 battles
  • [-WD-]

this whole post is depressing, true, but depressing. The merc tanks are trash, to play out a contract to pass the time or pay for it in stages, well it is a way to make money. If the option is there and you take it, well it is your money to waste, but call it what it is, a money grab. If I did do the contracts and get the garbage scows, I would just sell them. They cost nothing to earn, but if you have no patience then WG is more than happy to provide you the fast track, for a rather large fee. As far as 360, well it has been explained at nauseam to why that wont go away until it is no longer supported. The original XBOX died, why not 360. Dont pay to win, play to win.

Addicted2Pron #86 Posted 09 August 2018 - 11:52 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 22873 battles
  • [PIRAI]

View PostTemplarKnight75, on 09 August 2018 - 11:37 PM, said:

The offices were moved because many companies are moving from la to lower. Cost areas it's just common sense business and there's no way WOT could keep going without new premiums, trees, earn ops etc. There's isn't a single free to play game that's survived this long that doesn't keep new content coming out 

I am 100% sure they could keep this game going strong if they could figure out how to make it fun again. As it stands its a grind fest thats full of powercreeped premium tanks. They do not need "new content" the content they have just needs to be fixed/balanced so the grind is bearable. The player count has deminished from what it once was. Did this mercenaries content bring many back?  I dont think so. This game sticks around because of its dedicated playerbase. We like the game and we deal with the crap decisions the company makes with the hope that one day they will get it right. 

TanksForNothing #87 Posted 10 August 2018 - 12:06 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 8414 battles
  • [-N-]

View PostAddicted2Pron, on 09 August 2018 - 11:52 PM, said:

I am 100% sure they could keep this game going strong if they could figure out how to make it fun again. As it stands its a grind fest thats full of powercreeped premium tanks. They do not need "new content" the content they have just needs to be fixed/balanced so the grind is bearable. The player count has deminished from what it once was. Did this mercenaries content bring many back?  I dont think so. This game sticks around because of its dedicated playerbase. We like the game and we deal with the crap decisions the company makes with the hope that one day they will get it right. 

in their eyes if the game is too much fun you won't spend money on it to skip the bad parts

TemplarKnight75 #88 Posted 10 August 2018 - 12:16 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 15574 battles
  • [OJD]

View PostAddicted2Pron, on 09 August 2018 - 06:52 PM, said:

that's just not realistic for a game. Games like WOT and warframe eventually Peter off in player count and without new content new players don't have reason to join. It's why warframe has surges in new players during their big updates. Balancing is important but without new content new and returning players just see the same game that's always been there. Hell runescape for all it's faults is STILL going after all these years because of regular content stream in conjunction with balance updates during downtime. It's easy to make a game and sell it it's harder to sell a game as a service without it getting stale 

General Parrish #89 Posted 10 August 2018 - 12:45 AM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 59089 battles
  • [47R]
Why do people act like allowing players to buy premium tier 10 tanks will change the game? I mean I can't imagine them being any worse then players that took 4 years to get there. "There are many players playing tier 10 machines that don't even move. 

Edited by General Parrish, 10 August 2018 - 12:48 AM.

PATRIOTICxTBro #90 Posted 10 August 2018 - 12:52 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 11808 battles
  • [-HOW-]

View PostBrogueOne, on 26 June 2018 - 05:33 PM, said:

It’s not for sale. It won’t be for sale. The Tusk will be earnable only. That is confirmed from the mouth of Jeff Gregg on today’s live stream.

Any other crisis you’d like to manufacture without any facts?

This post hasn’t aged well

Ask me how to join -HOW- 2nd armored Hell on Wheels

CleverJoey1844 #91 Posted 10 August 2018 - 01:02 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 37749 battles
  • [STDZ]

i myself see no point in arguing. If you have the money and want the tusk buy it. If u want the challenge of earning it- earn it. If you dont want to bother with either, have a relax and enjoy yourself. (What does it matter?)

I certainly dont tell my neighbor he doesnt need a truck. Hell he doesnt even haul anything, just like 95% of the truck owners i know. Driving the price of a working mans vehicle upwards for nothing. 

giaka #92 Posted 10 August 2018 - 02:51 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 41634 battles
  • [WTAF]

View PostBrogueOne, on 26 June 2018 - 05:33 PM, said:

It’s not for sale. It won’t be for sale. The Tusk will be earnable only. That is confirmed from the mouth of Jeff Gregg on today’s live stream.

Any other crisis you’d like to manufacture without any facts?

Ended up being for sale. LOL  All you have to do is pay $220 to skip all the levels. 

WG Balance 101, If a tank has a high survival rate, nerf its gun.

giaka #93 Posted 10 August 2018 - 02:53 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 41634 battles
  • [WTAF]

View PostTocFanKe4, on 09 August 2018 - 09:48 AM, said:

Just sell tier X premiums. Just do it. It really doesn't matter anymore.

The whole "we don't want scrubs skipping to tier X without earning it and being terrible" argument holds zero water anymore. I've played tons of tier X the last week or so because of a contract. The gameplay is worse than at tier 6. The scrubs are already there in huge numbers. It's too late. They just need to sell tier X premiums to help fund the game. It's a great idea, and I'll debate anyone who says it's not.

At this point it would be the best move WG could make. Im serious. 

giaka #94 Posted 10 August 2018 - 02:58 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 41634 battles
  • [WTAF]

View PostAddicted2Pron, on 09 August 2018 - 11:22 AM, said:

The 360 holding this game back is a perfectly valid excuse. Everything has to be dumbed down for that decrepit console. We can't move ahead and get stuff that is exclusive to next gen consoles while 360 is supported. Wot is stagnant due to this. Sure we get the occasional updates but how much of it is innovative? We get reskins upon reskins, the merc stuff is just reused assets, etc. We did get engines that sound like vacuum cleaners tho (not impressed). The game mirrors what has been done on PC to a point we are just years behind. Updates are not being done regularly due to either incompetent devs or 360 support. There is nothing "next gen" about this game. 

Give it up, 360 scrubs seem to have troubled grasping the fact of "What we could have" if it wasn't for the old decrepit console. 

giaka #95 Posted 10 August 2018 - 03:01 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 41634 battles
  • [WTAF]

View PostEL33T B33T, on 09 August 2018 - 11:48 AM, said:

A map? That the 360 can't render under the low graphic field they (WG) are using now for the 360? Sound PAINfully like an excuse to me. But you would have to believe him. I must have missed that stream. I mean he wouldn't mislead us right? Ok you win its the 360s fault. Carry on.

"A map" again you are failing to realize that this game could be. If the 360 isnt holding back this game from further development why isn't Fortnight, PUBG, Battlefront and 100s of other HD titles rendered for the 360? Saying the 360 isnt holding back a game from advancing is pretty close to the dumbest thing ever said. 

Edited by giaka, 10 August 2018 - 03:02 AM.

ThRiLl_GmYr #96 Posted 10 August 2018 - 03:27 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 17829 battles

View PostGeneral Parrish, on 10 August 2018 - 12:45 AM, said:

Why do people act like allowing players to buy premium tier 10 tanks will change the game? I mean I can't imagine them being any worse then players that took 4 years to get there. "There are many players playing tier 10 machines that don't even move. 

The point is that Wargaming has repeatedly insisted, on PC and elsewhere, that they would never sell tier 10 premium tanks.  On PC the only tier 10's are the rewards tank.  On console we have asked for the rewards tanks and have always been told we couldn't have them.  Now Wargaming has set a dubious precedent by substantially selling a tier 10.  The leg 1-4 requirement is a joke.

General Parrish #97 Posted 10 August 2018 - 03:33 AM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 59089 battles
  • [47R]

View Postgiaka, on 09 August 2018 - 08:01 PM, said:

"A map" again you are failing to realize that this game could be. If the 360 isnt holding back this game from further development why isn't Fortnight, PUBG, Battlefront and 100s of other HD titles rendered for the 360? Saying the 360 isnt holding back a game from advancing is pretty close to the dumbest thing ever said. 

Porting Fortnight, PUBG etc. to 360 would be costly and would not return a high enough profit to do so. Money decides this, not the fact it holds a gem back. If you look at the launch days most of your big market games like Madden and Call of Duty were made for both consoles until it was no longer financially viable. As long as money is coming in these companies do not care if it holds a game back or not. So, yeah the reason those developers do not support the 360 is because there isn't money in it. Wargaming still makes money off 360 users so get over it. They will support the console until Microsoft doesn't.

giaka #98 Posted 10 August 2018 - 05:32 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 41634 battles
  • [WTAF]

View PostGeneral Parrish, on 09 August 2018 - 07:33 PM, said:

Porting Fortnight, PUBG etc. to 360 would be costly and would not return a high enough profit to do so. Money decides this, not the fact it holds a gem back. If you look at the launch days most of your big market games like Madden and Call of Duty were made for both consoles until it was no longer financially viable. As long as money is coming in these companies do not care if it holds a game back or not. So, yeah the reason those developers do not support the 360 is because there isn't money in it. Wargaming still makes money off 360 users so get over it. They will support the console until Microsoft doesn't.

An XBOX One can barely run PUBG. 

Wroclaw #99 Posted 10 August 2018 - 05:59 AM

Major

• Players
  • 43100 battles

View PostAddicted2Pron, on 09 August 2018 - 11:52 PM, said:

As it stands its a grind fest thats full of powercreeped premium tanks. They do not need "new content" the content they have just needs to be fixed/balanced so the grind is bearable. The player count has deminished from what it once was. Did this mercenaries content bring many back?  I dont think so. This game sticks around because of its dedicated playerbase.

there is a lot of truth in this ^

as for this first-ever tier 10 that is buyable. its a very hit & miss gun backed up by weak armor. . . . . . . . hardly tier breaking.

Wroclaw #100 Posted 10 August 2018 - 06:01 AM

Major

• Players
  • 43100 battles

View PostThRiLl_GmYr, on 10 August 2018 - 03:27 AM, said:

The point is that Wargaming has repeatedly insisted, on PC and elsewhere, that they would never sell tier 10 premium tanks. 

well, to be fair the mercenary tanks are not premiums. elite bonus yeah, but not elite + premium silver & xp bonus premiums.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users