server update 360 Xbox Live

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

MessyThought473 #21 Posted 29 June 2018 - 12:24 AM

Private

• Players
  • 25019 battles

I'm reposting here from what I put up on another thread: 

I believe I've solved the issue! After banging my head against the wall with automatically being signed out of Xbox live when trying to play WOT I think I have it figured out. This would appear to be a problem with Microsoft's update and not WG's. 

Home screen: go to settings

Settings: go to system

Systems go to storage

Storage go to all devices (I have to use a USB you may only have memory unit) 

All devices go to games and apps

Games and apps go to world of tanks

World of Tanks scroll down and look for World of Tanks Title Update. You'll see the big 85 meg update, don't mess with that. I found a smaller World of Tanks Title update dated last October. If you see the other old title update click on that one and delete it. 

Bingo: you're playing tanks! 

Bibo1GerUk #22 Posted 29 June 2018 - 01:18 AM

Major

• Players
  • 27896 battles

Am currently in the garage. Just deleting the system cache or cold reboot didn't help, I was still getting the disconnected message. In the "my games" tab the icon would change position (last played, 8th last played) and show either the War Stories or Mercenaries icon. I manually deleted all game files that showed the old icon (older install dates pre-update) and the Title Update and reinstalled the game file (71MB). After the game redownloaded the missing parts and a manual optimization I was able to enter the garage.

Do I trust this to work? Not really, as it did work for a few hours only the previous day and then kept kicking me. Also others have reported completely deleting the game files and reinstalling to no avail.

Will certainly be keeping my wallet closed for the moment.

Edited by Bibo1GerUk, 29 June 2018 - 01:19 AM.

Remember, it's just a game!

My little Youtube channel aka YeOldeGamer: https://www.youtube....xVCaFCLg/videos

PickledPilot5 #23 Posted 29 June 2018 - 06:05 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 21503 battles
I'm having the same issue.  I can play on the xbone, but not the 360.

GingerSquatch93 #24 Posted 29 June 2018 - 06:56 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 8404 battles
  • [VKNG]

If you're having a problem staying on xBox Live on the 360, you need to try this, it worked for me, no guarantees that it works for everyone but:

1. Delete TU

2. Reenter tanks to redownload the TU

3. If it fails to connect to XBL, shut down directly from the "Cannot connect screen" that shows up over the title screen

4. Unplug the xBox from the wall and separate the power supply for at least 5 minutes

5. Reconnect everything and get to tanking.

It basically needs the unplug reboot cycle, without it you're just gonna get stuck in that cycle.

Commander, 16th Armored Battalion "Viking" - Ask me about joining!

Lejonet från Norden​ - The Lion from the North

​MoE: ***: None // **: T-34-85 // *: T-44-100, Primo Victoria, Strv M-42/57, Emil II, VK 30.01D, AMX 13 57, Skoda T50, Indien-Pz., Leopard PT A, Fury, M4A3E2 Sherman, Kranvagn, Strv 81

​Technical Engineer: Sweden, Czechoslovakia (Working towards China and Britain)

xXTigerZeroXx #25 Posted 29 June 2018 - 07:10 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 728 battles

Finally got mine to work last night.

I deleted everything related to the game (some folks just deleted old update, but new on @85mb is not big, so I figured I'd wipe clean and start over).

Cleared cache on ALL storage devices and hard reset (power down from home button, unplugged once system was COMPLETELY off, waited a few minutes b4 plugging back in and turning on)

Re-downloaded game. 

Went into Wot and got to start screen.

Was booted again from Live @ the start page.

Then....here was the trick thanks to MaxCHaos.....went back to home (at which point automatically signed back into Live), went into another online MP game (defiance), went back home and then into WoT, got past the start page and downloaded the rest of the game.

I didn't go into the game when it said playable...some folks seemed to have problems after that.....and finally went in after it completed the download.

I then played for a couple of hours problem free.

Thanks again MaxChaos!!!

Thanks to RaiBOT01 for putting up with all of our pitchforks the last couple of days!

I really hope this helps those of you who are still without Metal Mayhem.

If there's any questions, send me a PM (it'll make it easier for me to spot) and I'll get back to you.

Happy hunting! :great:

Edited by xXTigerZeroXx, 29 June 2018 - 07:13 PM.

NombieLord #26 Posted 29 June 2018 - 07:44 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 31037 battles
  • [BNKR]

Yeah/// same/// so...how many days in a row is this that I cant play? This really, really really stinks... 

to clarify..

Log into WOT... immediate disconnect from live...  after recently being able to get back into the fight after WG and Microsoft getting their tools back in the box with the 4.5 shenanigans... noticed no compensation in premium time or war chests or anything due to being locked out of the game... whatever... GoodForYou2

Today, while playing... I get disconnected... and when logging back into WOT I get consistently am disconnected from Xbox live... I'll let you guys realize the depth of your error, cop to it and fix it before I go deleting and reinstalling anything...

Good for me... good for you   

Edited by NombieLord, 29 June 2018 - 08:25 PM.

If you think you see me coming, you're just imagining things...

TopNeutron #27 Posted 30 June 2018 - 01:08 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 23334 battles
  • [1PLT]

I've been unable to connect for over three days now. I get a meesage I've been logged out of Xbox Live whenever I try to start WOT yet Xbox Live still has me logged in. I opened a ticket but the response was we're working on it and the ticket was closed. No other/further response. Wonder if I'll be comped for the premium time I'm paying for. Wonder if I'll be notified when the problem is fixed or must I spend my days trying to log on until it works. I also wonder if I'll still get the tank I won in Ops or was that a waste of a lot of play time to win it. We shall see I guess. :(

Running Xbox 360 over WiFi and a 60Mbps internet.

HannibalWreckYa #28 Posted 30 June 2018 - 02:37 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 37523 battles
  • [DLETE]
Ok everyone try this go to storage look for any corrupted files in the whole hard drive delete them. Then clear system cache 3 times once youve done that press lb rb x lb rb x and it will bring up a update sort of thing press yes and wait. It worked for me so far. Worth a try.

Bibo1GerUk #29 Posted 30 June 2018 - 10:23 AM

Major

• Players
  • 27896 battles

Well, I was able to play a bit at about 09.00. Took a break and now I can't get back in. The usual disconnected from Xbox Live message appears.

I deleted the TDU and the next time I started it I got to see a "World of Tanks 360 Edition" splash screen :confused: while it was updating.

Why is something like that still in the game? It must be years old.

And obviously the game won't connect any more.  I certainly won't be going thourgh the whole hog again of deleting various files, cold resetting the console etc.

I wonder how many people will be thinking about cutting their losses and moving on.

Edited by Bibo1GerUk, 30 June 2018 - 07:01 PM.

Remember, it's just a game!

My little Youtube channel aka YeOldeGamer: https://www.youtube....xVCaFCLg/videos

NombieLord #30 Posted 30 June 2018 - 02:32 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 31037 battles
  • [BNKR]

View PostBibo1GerUk, on 30 June 2018 - 10:23 AM, said:

I wonder how many people will be thinking about cutting their losses and moving on.

+1.. If you don't send me a box of chocolates or something nice, we are breaking up. You never seem to listen or show that you care.

For real... please get this this addressed... not amused by the "Contra Code" suggestions... have lost multiple days of contract progress/work and am well aware that you are passing the buck/blame on to Microsoft and possibly even your players...

Icedove #31 Posted 30 June 2018 - 05:17 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 25212 battles
  • [KRAUT]
I was able to play some games and then I got disconnected and it won't reconnect anymore. Same error code. Oh my god, this is so frustrating.:(

SM0KEYBUBBLEZ #32 Posted 30 June 2018 - 08:05 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 28450 battles

View PostMaxChaos24, on 28 June 2018 - 03:11 PM, said:

Hello, please view this thread: 
http://forum-console...-support-guide/

that thread isn't of any help either

GrandaddyPowPow #33 Posted 30 June 2018 - 09:14 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 27032 battles
  • [EZ-CO]
Is anyone fired yet ...?

NombieLord #34 Posted 30 June 2018 - 09:59 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 31037 battles
  • [BNKR]

-

Edited by NombieLord, 30 June 2018 - 10:00 PM.

BEASTberserker1 #35 Posted 01 July 2018 - 12:06 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 1846 battles

Yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy:angry:  a few times middle of match and disconnected from xbox live back to home screen signed in to xbox live go to wot disconected to xbox live back signed in to xbox live etc.... etc..... A good 15 mins later it let me in not happened bfor update. Just thought b interesting is this happening 2 360 players only? If so r y doing this to get rid of us ? Shame if they r . Im going to get war thunder on ps4 :playing:.

P.S. worsest bit it happened when i was on bridge  looked on match stats it said self destructed thanks game:great:

Edited by BEASTberserker1, 01 July 2018 - 12:09 AM.

BEASTberserker1 #36 Posted 01 July 2018 - 12:15 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 1846 battles

View PostBibo1GerUk, on 30 June 2018 - 10:23 AM, said:

Well, I was able to play a bit at about 09.00. Took a break and now I can't get back in. The usual disconnected from Xbox Live message appears.

I deleted the TDU and the next time I started it I got to see a "World of Tanks 360 Edition" splash screen :confused: while it was updating.

Why is something like that still in the game? It must be years old.

And obviously the game won't connect any more.  I certainly won't be going thourgh the whole hog again of deleting various files, cold resetting the console etc.

Me  it deppends wht goes first 360 or wot? It feels like wot is . Or ms/wg will force the issue that might b y all the data they keep adding 

EvaniaMoon #37 Posted 01 July 2018 - 06:16 PM

Private

• Players
  • 10901 battles
Ive had the same issue as many of you, seems the 360 isnt cared for. The only solution I've found for getting past WOT kicking you off of internet is to log in on an xbox one - make it to the garage - log off - and try again on your xbox 360. Even then its iffy but it has worked.*my bf and i play side by side but I have a 360* Dont worry guys they'll fix it in a few months, just like back in feburary with the freezing on 360.good luck :/

EvaniaMoon #38 Posted 01 July 2018 - 06:20 PM

Private

• Players
  • 10901 battles

View PostBEASTberserker1, on 01 July 2018 - 12:06 AM, said:

Yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy:angry:  a few times middle of match and disconnected from xbox live back to home screen signed in to xbox live go to wot disconected to xbox live back signed in to xbox live etc.... etc..... A good 15 mins later it let me in not happened bfor update. Just thought b interesting is this happening 2 360 players only? If so r y doing this to get rid of us ? Shame if they r . Im going to get war thunder on ps4 :playing:.

P.S. worsest bit it happened when i was on bridge  looked on match stats it said self destructed thanks game:great:

I feel the only reason mercenaries came out was to try and look better than war thunder. Haha wargaming done messed up. 

BEASTberserker1 #39 Posted 01 July 2018 - 09:07 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 1846 battles

View PostEvaniaMoon, on 01 July 2018 - 06:20 PM, said:

I feel the only reason mercenaries came out was to try and look better than war thunder. Haha wargaming done messed up. 

seen a few clips on youtube looks good:rolleyes:

IBROX 04 #40 Posted 01 July 2018 - 09:15 PM

Major

• Players
  • 20549 battles
  • [BNKR]

Is this a 360 only problem? Because I've been kicked twice in 5 minutes on the xbone and haven't even played a game. Was just logging in after the footy. Gonna be one of em nights. 

Make that 3 times , got by login and it kicked me again.

Make that number 4 , try a hard reset. Funny PS4 is okay sitting in the garage? 

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users