MOEs Marks of excellence

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

westmech #1 Posted 29 June 2018 - 01:38 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 11134 battles
  • [ELDER]

Has anyone else noticed that they seem to be off?

Example 1: I was grinding my AMX 13 75 for my second mark and I plateaued at 80%. No matter how awesome a game I had I did not increase above 81%. I didn't play the tank for the last month or so, but played it last night once, and jumped to 85% after one match. 

Example 2: I was grinding the third mark in my Tiger II and achieved it with less than stellar match results (averaging probably 1200-1400xp per match). I thought it was kind of weak, but figured it was due to the VK earn op.

Has anyone else had any odd jumps in MOE standings? Are they broken?

Tempest fox3 #2 Posted 29 June 2018 - 01:49 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 19403 battles
  • [JOCO]

It's your score vs the scores set by everyone else in the tank and it updates live.

If someone comes and sets several really good games in a tank it's going to significantly raise the score you need to reach. Likewise if a bunch of people come and set low scores in a tank it's going to make it easier for you.

P.s moe's are based on your damage + assistance damage output not xp.

It also depends on your previous scores on the tank as it's your average from your last 100 or so games in the tank, even if you set a really high score in a game today, if that score is lower than the score you got 100 games ago your average will drop.

War is a Democracy and the enemy always gets a vote.

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite, E-75, T32 - In order obtained

Akumahito #3 Posted 29 June 2018 - 02:19 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 18033 battles
  • [R9838]

View Postwestmech, on 29 June 2018 - 01:38 PM, said:

(averaging probably 1200-1400xp per match). 

Marks are based on your average DAMAGE output (combined with Assisted), compared to other people over the last 14 days

- So it sounds like your average damage has plateaued at the 80% range, you need to find a way to get more damage per match.  I personally try and take as many shots that will do damage plus track the target as I can, you can pretty easily rack up 2 or 3 assists.

It can be confusing getting those Mastery badges and think it's related to Marks of Excellence.  But Mastery badges look at your XP gained, where Marks look at your Damage.

westmech #4 Posted 29 June 2018 - 02:22 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 11134 battles
  • [ELDER]

View PostTempest fox3, on 29 June 2018 - 06:49 AM, said:

It's your score vs the scores set by everyone else in the tank and it updates live.

If someone comes and sets several really good games in a tank it's going to significantly raise the score you need to reach. Likewise if a bunch of people come and set low scores in a tank it's going to make it easier for you.

P.s moe's are based on your damage + assistance damage output not xp.

It also depends on your previous scores on the tank as it's your average from your last 100 or so games in the tank, even if you set a really high score in a game today, if that score is lower than the score you got 100 games ago your average will drop.

Does it go back 100 games? I didn't think it back tracked that far! That's awesome!

As it updates live, it tracks only a few weeks of overall data though, right? I thought it was more dependent on the live data vs performance over the last 100 matches hence why it drops off if you don't use the tank. Or am I completely wrong?

westmech #5 Posted 29 June 2018 - 02:27 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 11134 battles
  • [ELDER]

View PostAkumahito, on 29 June 2018 - 07:19 AM, said:

Marks are based on your average DAMAGE output (combined with Assisted), compared to other people over the last 14 days

- So it sounds like your average damage has plateaued at the 80% range, you need to find a way to get more damage per match.  I personally try and take as many shots that will do damage plus track the target as I can, you can pretty easily rack up 2 or 3 assists.

It can be confusing getting those Mastery badges and think it's related to Marks of Excellence.  But Mastery badges look at your XP gained, where Marks look at your Damage.

I realized that I needed to change my tactics to exceed the 80% plateau I hit, that is why I am asking if it broken. To have a 5% jump after a single match that had mediocre damage and assisted damage is the main reason why I'm asking this.

swimwithwhales #6 Posted 29 June 2018 - 03:07 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 33013 battles
im currently going for the third mark in the amx 13 75. had a 3500 combined damage game and it only went up .2%!  im stuck at 88% at the mo. cant budge it.

"Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people"

banner.png?0.8023747053535346

Akumahito #7 Posted 29 June 2018 - 03:16 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 18033 battles
  • [R9838]

View Postwestmech, on 29 June 2018 - 02:22 PM, said:

Does it go back 100 games? I didn't think it back tracked that far! That's awesome!

As it updates live, it tracks only a few weeks of overall data though, right? I thought it was more dependent on the live data vs performance over the last 100 matches hence why it drops off if you don't use the tank. Or am I completely wrong?

I see a lot of people talking about "100 games" but I've never seen the game or devs say it's fixed at 100 games.... Just that it looks back at the average damage done by other players in that same tank for the last two weeks (14 days).  However many battles people play in those tanks.

I believe most of the confusion comes from This Article, which explains MOE's and they used a 100 game period as an Example, but did not say it's always a 100 game sampling.

westmech #8 Posted 29 June 2018 - 04:46 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 11134 battles
  • [ELDER]

View PostAkumahito, on 29 June 2018 - 08:16 AM, said:

I see a lot of people talking about "100 games" but I've never seen the game or devs say it's fixed at 100 games.... Just that it looks back at the average damage done by other players in that same tank for the last two weeks (14 days).  However many battles people play in those tanks.

I believe most of the confusion comes from This Article, which explains MOE's and they used a 100 game period as an Example, but did not say it's always a 100 game sampling.

Thank you for the insight and the link :great:

After re-reading it and checking damagestandings.com I guess the game I had was good enough for the big boost. When I previously plateaued I thought I was averaging 2000K combined damage a game, but maybe I wasn't as consistent as I thought I was. 

Also tagged with MOEs, Marks of excellence

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users