Anyone got a tissue? Very close game.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

LadyTanker #1 Posted 03 July 2018 - 08:33 PM

Major

• Players
  • 5867 battles

I was literally praying for God to help me while my turret was trying to turn toward the last tank I destroyed. 

fnurke #2 Posted 04 July 2018 - 08:41 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 18138 battles

Good game !

If you had managed to take the cap it would have gotten you a Kolobanov. Unfortunately, with low health and a damaged turret against a full health VK20.01D (maybe shooting APCR), you were likely to lose anyway.

IMHO, it's no use moving around in circle while capping when you're not targeted. Especially with a heavy. I would have put my back to a wall/rock and faced where the red might appear (hard to guess here), that way it can't circle around me and I have a (tiny) chance of shooting it at least once.

LadyTanker #3 Posted 04 July 2018 - 10:19 PM

Major

• Players
  • 5867 battles

View Postfnurke, on 04 July 2018 - 02:41 PM, said:

Good game !

If you had managed to take the cap it would have gotten you a Kolobanov. Unfortunately, with low health and a damaged turret against a full health VK20.01D (maybe shooting APCR), you were likely to lose anyway.

IMHO, it's no use moving around in circle while capping when you're not targeted. Especially with a heavy. I would have put my back to a wall/rock and faced where the red might appear (hard to guess here), that way it can't circle around me and I have a (tiny) chance of shooting it at least once.

I made quite a few mistakes. I called for help thinking if someone was still watching the game, they might offer advice on what to do. I should have probably went over by the water. By me traveling, it likely gave him time to repair, load, and think about his next move. I was trying to get in position at the cap that would keep me from surprise. It also might have been good to cap and then drive off into a bush and catch him off guard. So many i could've done this....

fnurke #4 Posted 05 July 2018 - 05:57 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 18138 battles

Hindsight is always 20/20 and everybody makes mistakes in the heat of the action. Sometimes watching some of my good games makes me see all the things I could have done better and that's an awful lot. Makes me glad I don't watch the bad ones. And there's not one solution to win, it's always a bet.

Anyway, getting in a situation where you had an actual chance of getting a Kolobanov is already a big achievement.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users