193 replies to this topic

XxDaSamxX #41 Posted 01 March 2014 - 06:12 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 12066 battles
  • [RDY5]

View Postolboy77, on 28 February 2014 - 09:10 PM, said:

completely retarded what are you thinking:trollface: E5 really:facepalm: lol

lololololololololololol your soooooooooo funny. the Fv215b anit got nothing on the E5:trollface:I

Nocturnal814 #42 Posted 01 March 2014 - 06:17 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 16690 battles
And both are little more than targets for e50ms and m48 pattons :-)

something, something, something, dark side...

JawnsawniousRex #43 Posted 08 March 2014 - 09:14 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 10350 battles

Nocturnal814
28 Feb 2014
My only argument, johnny, is that if you have equal drivers in both a tiger and a t29, the tiger should win, because the minute the t29 stops being hull down, it loses. All a tiger has to do is spot the t29 from an angle that the t29 can't go hull down. The reason I feel the tiger to be superior is the t29 is little more than a one trick pony. It does one thing, granted it does it quite well, but the minute it leaves it's comfort zone it is little more than a target, no matter how much you angle its hull. The tiger on the other hand is fairly quick and maneuverable as well as having very angelable armor and an excellent gun, which gives it the ability to hang back on snipe, go and brawl(only recommended for people very experienced in angling) or flank if needed. I find even the black prince to be a more dangerous opponent than the t29

Well that's assuming the T29 doesn't go hull down or leaves that position. Even so, the T29 can still easily take down the Tiger I. The T29's hull armor isn't the best but because it's shape, the 76mm and 75mm can't  penetrate it without hitting the weak spot, while both cannons can go through the Tiger. And many times over T29s an taken out a Tiger. On 1v1, the Tiger has health, while T29 has turret armor, and cannon damage. If both are on flat ground, and shoot at the same time. The T29 will win. Especially when you consider the T29 can pen a tiger anywhere, while tiger has to aim for the hull.

The Black Prince is deadly, but T29 much more so. This is because the BP is great at killing tanks lower than it, equal to it then it starts to struggle ie Tiger and T29, but once up against higher tanks it's terrible. While the T29 is still capable of taking down tier 8's much more consistently.

JawnsawniousRex #44 Posted 08 March 2014 - 09:14 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 10350 battles
Whoops used that wrong lol.

JawnsawniousRex #45 Posted 08 March 2014 - 09:15 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 10350 battles
Can't penetrate not can, sorry using phone.

mayhem punk #46 Posted 08 March 2014 - 09:59 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 9257 battles
The only real surprise reading these tank lists was that the loltracktor was the unanimous tier 1 tank of choice. I presonally prefer the T1 it's faster, has more maneuverability and can 1 clip anything else in it's tier

Proper Villain #47 Posted 09 March 2014 - 01:17 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 59065 battles

1. T1 Cunningham (T1E5 M1933)

2. M2 Light (M2A3 Light)

3. M7 Priest  (M782) - Yes it is artillery

4. M5 Stuart (Scout HMC) - Use as a scout

5. M4 (M4A1) | Pz III/IV (PzKpfw III/IVc) | Wolverine (M10 Laie) | T1 Heavy (T1E5)

I have played all of the tanks in tier I-V on the XBOX except the premiums which require you to buy with cash, so this is not based on what I read but having played every tank in those tiers

HighLordAutism #48 Posted 10 March 2014 - 05:04 AM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 14550 battles
  • [-8TH-]
Tier I: T1 Cunningham- Best balance of speed, armor, and massive damage output (auto cannon can OHKO tier I's)
Tier II: T18- Amazing armor for its tier, 2 outstanding guns (derp gun and a high ROF & pen gun), high mobility for its armor
Tier III: Tie
Valentine AT- Excellent armour (besides gun shield), high ROF & pen gun (slightly beating out the Marder due to its nerds to aim time and accuracy)
M7 Priest- SUPERB ROF (allows you to track and enemy and hit it again before they repair, unless repair kit is used), extremely high damage output, amazing amour (lower hull, upper half is garbage)
Tier IV: M5 Stuart- One of the best gun elevation/depression combination, good speed and maneuverability, good view range, reliable damage (because of HE rounds), above average ROF
Tier V: Chaffee- High pen, above average ROF, high accuracy on the move (vertical stabilizer makes this a sniper on the move), great view range
Tier VI: VK 36.01- Excellent armor when angled properly (due to being a box), Konisch gun is outstanding (Psst, WGA, give it the Konisch on the last package), good speed, good health pool
Tier VII: T29- GOD TANK!!
Ahem. MONTROUS turret armor, greatly armored hull (nice sloping on the front and spaced armor from tracks on the side), fearsome gun, great speed, low hull profile
Tier VIII: Tiger II- great sloped frontal armor, great gun with high pen and best accuracy in the game (so far), can brawl when needed and support when needed
Tier IX: M46 Patton- Excellent turret armor allows you to hold a flank, nice gun, 2nd view range (only beaten by next tank, M48 Patton), nice speed, good at everything but excellent at nothing
TierX: Tie
FV215b (183)- GUN, GUN, GUN, GUN!!!! With premium shells loaded, it is like staring down a T92. High pen, high damage....on an HE shell. is capable of OHKO on every tier X medium and lower tiers and a few tier X heavies (although they're not in the game yet)
M48 Patton- Great at everything, amazing at nothing. Best view range in the game (full game too). Much better to have to add all around support to team.

Shere Khan 00 #49 Posted 10 March 2014 - 05:20 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 7661 battles
  • [CRY]

Tier 1- Loltraktor. Don't know why, Don't care.

Tier 2-UC 2pdr, Nothing can survive its gun.

Tier 3, Valentine At, Best of the derpers imo.

Tier 4, Matilda, Its armor and rof make up for its deficiencies.

Tier 5, Uh, Stug. Their all pretty garbage, This one the least so.

Tier 6- VK.36 All around best tank in the game.

Tier 7-Tiger, Excellent Sniper, Not that bad anywhere else.

Tier 8- Tiger 2, Tough choice, But the Tiger 2 is the best overall package.

Tier 9- E-75, Everything a heavy needs to be, and its flaws are easy to manage. For the most part.

Tier 10- Purely opinion as at this tier more so than others, all are balanced evenly in their own way.

JgpzE-100. Good armor, Good gun.

xX FUNKYFLUMP #50 Posted 11 March 2014 - 07:05 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 14534 battles
  • [BCGB]

View PostJohnnyTrueLove3, on 08 March 2014 - 09:14 AM, said:

Well that's assuming the T29 doesn't go hull down or leaves that position. Even so, the T29 can still easily take down the Tiger I. The T29's hull armor isn't the best but because it's shape, the 76mm and 75mm can't  penetrate it without hitting the weak spot, while both cannons can go through the Tiger. And many times over T29s an taken out a Tiger. On 1v1, the Tiger has health, while T29 has turret armor, and cannon damage. If both are on flat ground, and shoot at the same time. The T29 will win. Especially when you consider the T29 can pen a tiger anywhere, while tiger has to aim for the hull.

The Black Prince is deadly, but T29 much more so. This is because the BP is great at killing tanks lower than it, equal to it then it starts to struggle ie Tiger and T29, but once up against higher tanks it's terrible. While the T29 is still capable of taking down tier 8's much more consistently.

I can say for sure that my black prince doesnt struggle I was just in a tier 8 game and I killed 2 tigers a t29 and a tiger 2 and our team won aswell plus I put lots of damage into so other guys black prince I think it just comes down to who has the better situation but the only time I hate going against t29's is when its a group of them on sand river and the just have their turret sticking out its so annoying

PsycoPhoenix #51 Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:23 AM

Private

• Players
  • 6335 battles
I'm a preffered all around support as long as I'm not directly in the fight, best at sniping. Tier1: Ltraktor Tier2: T18 + T18 HMC Tier3: T82 + T82E3 Tier4: Alecto + MK IV (If you know how to play support Med-Long range perfect tank, light tank with derp = location, location, location) Tier5: Pz III/IV + III/IVc Tier6: M36 Jackson + M36B2. My pride & joy! I have this all set up for optimal sniping. I Have no problems, without equipment, taking out anything in tier6-7 & about 70% of tier 8s. Sadly I've really only explored TD as I already knew my style before even playing.

xEBRONx #52 Posted 11 March 2014 - 06:33 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 2203 battles

Loltractor

T18

T82

T40

Pz V/IV

Vk 3601

T29

Tiger II

E75

E100

Nibelung1986 #53 Posted 12 March 2014 - 01:01 AM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 1381 battles

In the near Future:

Tier 1: Loltraktor

Tier 2: Soviet

Tier 3: Soviet

Tier 4: Soviet

Tier 5: Kv1, Su 85 and T34

Tier 6: KV1S, Hellcat, Su 100

Tier 7: IS, SU 152,

Tier 8: IS 3, ISU 152,RHM.BSG WT

Tier 9: T54, IS4,6 and 8, Obj.

Tier 10: Foch, British ToP TD, all Soviets and the WT

all other Tanks will be like pure [edited], for examples, play PC Version

rainsilent #54 Posted 12 March 2014 - 02:36 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 4252 battles

Keeping in mind that all of this is personal taste and opinion this is my list based upon the currently available tanks not including premium tanks.

Tier I: None are really worthwhile in my opinion but the Med I is easily the worst.

Tier II: I took a few minutes to go over all of the other tanks available thinking how is it better then the UC 2pdr and I couldn't find one I thought was better even though the UC 2pdr isn't that great. Note: the closest in my mind was the M2 light but all of its guns leave a lot to be desired.

Tier III: There are a few that I really like here. However they are all American (M2 med, M3 and T-82) as the other two trees don't have anything as well balanced. So of the three that I like I would say that the T-82 wins with the versatility it has in combination with great guns.

Tier IV: This is where the game starts to get dynamic as all sorts of specialized tanks start to appear. There are also a number of tanks here that I am a big fan of. So how do I pick which is best? Well what can do the most in any given scenario of course. That to me is the Alecto thanks mostly due to fail packaging on WG's part and even that has package issues. The T-40 is arguably better but having only one gun as a real option out of the many very good ones it is given is a big fail. Also the Matilda having the 2pdr Mk XB stuck without the top turret is a slight pain that some will argue is negligible. The Hetzer and M3 are too limited in my opinion to have a chance at being top here. The only other real contender here is the Pz III however it has one big flaw in its guns as they all force this tank to stay limited to a scout tank like role due to how weak they are relative to other tanks of its tier. Even the 2pdr Mk XB would seem like a vast upgrade.

Tier V: So many good options but only one can do everything well. M4. Either the 76 or 105 will work as it depends upon your play style but the M4 can do everything. Close second goes to the Pz III/IV. Why? If it had access to the German 105 it would be everybody's favorite. A lights speed and maneuverability with what some would argue is better armor than the M4. The only things it currently lacks is visual range and a strong gun. If it had the 105 I'm sure everyone would forgive the lack of visual range.

Tier VI: This is where I start to run short of options as I have yet to do much this far up. Partly due to me running multiple tank lines at once and partly due to lack of interest in available tanks this tier and up. Of the ones available I think the VK 36 is the best.

Tier VII: This is where I have to stop as I have only gotten to 1 tank here. The Jackson. I know it isn't the best of this tier as it can't outmaneuver a heavy and it certainly isn't armored like one either. Therefore from here on I would only be judging based upon numbers and I don't think that is fair so I will instead stop and leave this list incomplete.

http://forum-console.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/25926-package-fixes-and-suggestions/

My list of suggested package changes. Matthew J35u5 has one as well. I suggest you take a look at his too and make your own suggestions in either.

Flthulhu13 #55 Posted 13 March 2014 - 01:10 AM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 2822 battles

Tier I: LTracktor

Tier II: PZ II/Jagdpanzer

Tier III: PZ IIIa/Marder II(dat gun)

Tier IV: Hetzer(of course)

Tier V: III/IV(amazing speed and adequate gun, death circle)/Stug III(fast and mobile-amazing gun)

Tier VI: Vk 30.01

Tier VII: Panther(fully upgraded)/JagdPanther

Tier VIII: Tiger II(easily superior in armor and HP to all other heavies in it's tier)/JagdPanther II(best TD in the game) with that 1,28.

Tier IX: E....7....5....Best tank period, crazy armor and more than adequate dam with the 1,28./Jagdtiger (same except better armor IMO, less mobility)

Tier X: E-100, very well armored, well armed(though I did feel like the 150 had less penn ability than the 1,28. Not saying it's true but it def felt like it.(haven't had the JP E-100 yet...but I'll get there, and then it will probably be added to the list.)

I've never seen the E5 do amazing but the E-100 tends to overpower it when I see the two meet. The E3 does good dam but I've seen the JP E-100 almost annihilate it in one hit. I've never been to worried about any of the British tanks. They seem too cumbersome or not well Armed/Armored... Though I did get up to the Black Prince in the Beta and fully upgraded it was a very fun tank. It seemed to bounce everything, and while it had atrocious top speeds it got up there fast. and was more responsive than most heavies.

Pólemos pántōn mèn patḗr esti. ~ Heraclitus

War is the father of all.

D4rk50ul #56 Posted 14 March 2014 - 03:00 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 2783 battles

T5 Chaffee

T6 Jumbo Sherman

T7 T29

T8 Pershing

T9 E75

T10 Patton/E50M (play style dependant) 

I would do lower tiers but I don't play them. 

MrAwesome909 #57 Posted 14 March 2014 - 04:20 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 4431 battles
For tier 5 it has to be the V/IV counting premiums,  or the Chaffee without premium. The V/IV can one ram much of contemporaries,  and then it's cannon can do plenty. The Chaffee is so good that it only sees tanks two tiers higher than it is on the low side and 5 tiers higher than it. And it can hurt all of them. Also line up all the tier 5 tanks together and pick the one who you want dead first. CHAFFEE. 

Sergeant in Big Easy Tank Brigade. If interested in joining just go to our site. And send me a message.
http://Www.bigeasytankbrigade.com

Dr Luigi Phd #58 Posted 14 March 2014 - 07:39 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 6959 battles

Tier I: LTracktor

Tier II: PZ II/Jagdpanzer

Tier III: T-127 (T-29 of the tier 3 world)

Tier IV: Luchs

Tier V: CHAFFEE! (how could you not?)

Tier VI: Vk 36.01

Tier VII: Panther(fully upgraded)/JagdPanther/Gw Panther (can you tell I am a german fan)

Tier VIII: JagdPanther II(best TD in the game) with that 1,28.

Tier IX: E-50 but that is based on my playstyle/ M53/55 is a beast/ JagdTiger

Tier X: Looking forward to the E-50M as my first tier 10

CaptainAndPepsi #59 Posted 30 June 2014 - 03:28 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 2383 battles

I can only rate tiers I - IV, so here goes:

Tier I - T1 Cunningham

Tier II - T18 with 2 pounder

Tier III - Marder II 

Tier IV - Matilda

I don't know if it was just me but I did not do well in the Leichttraktor but tore it up in the T1 even though, on paper, it looks like the Ltracktor should dominate.

Love the 2 pounder on the T18. Ran the 75mm for a while and consistently did better with the faster firing/higher penetration of the 2 pdr.

The Marder II is a mean mother...watch your mouth. Other people will say the Valentine is better but I don't do as well with the lobbing derp canon as I do with the Marder II.

The Matilda rules...at least everything at it's tier and below. I can slowly chew down most tier V's and just tickle most tier VI's.

Favorite tanks: T1, T18, M3 Stuart, M2 Medium, Marder II, Matilda

Current grinds: M24 Chaffee, Cromwell, M4 Sherman, KV-1, Sturmpanzer 1 Bison

My stats

WrathofAchilles #60 Posted 30 June 2014 - 07:05 PM

Major

• Players
  • 23696 battles
  • [KMD]
My own personal listing of what I have played...and of course because these showcase my playstyle the most as well.

I T1
II T18
III T40
IV Matilda
V Chaffee
VI Jackson
VII T29
VIII Pershing
IX Centurion 7/1 or T-54
X T-62A

The Senpai of Overwhelming Despair and Tragedy

232nd Kuromorimine Mechanized Division [KMD] Commanding Officer

"Spiral, spin, ride the whirlwind. Knowing when the drumming stops, There'll be no second dance."

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users