Jump to content


If France wins its second world cup, WarGaming, I expect to be flabbergasted by your reward...


  • Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

P6X330 #1 Posted 11 July 2018 - 09:35 PM

    Major

  • Supertest - PS4
  • 12123 battles
  • 2,301
  • [AMXS]
  • Member since:
    07-02-2017

I am not going to rumble on the Somua SM, because you already know...

 

The Foch B? it's in the pipe....

 

As there is not much time left until the Final, I'd say, give us a black version of whatever French tank you fancy...


Edited by P6X330, 11 July 2018 - 09:36 PM.

                Bad teams are in the same battle. Good teams work together! don't complain, contribute.

 


pr0fit0fcanabis #2 Posted 11 July 2018 - 09:37 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 40190 battles
  • 10,334
  • Member since:
    06-05-2014
What is the connection between a tank game and a soccer tournament?  

TemplarKnight75 #3 Posted 11 July 2018 - 09:42 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 16399 battles
  • 1,642
  • [OJD]
  • Member since:
    12-05-2015

View Postpr0fit0fcanabis, on 11 July 2018 - 04:37 PM, said:

What is the connection between a tank game and a soccer tournament?  

 

this I understand soccer(or football you choose) is almost a religion but outside of an op or maybe a sale why should any of us be rewarded just because soccer exists?

TemplarKnight75 #4 Posted 11 July 2018 - 09:43 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 16399 battles
  • 1,642
  • [OJD]
  • Member since:
    12-05-2015
Although I would love to see that soccer mode on console that pc has

N333DL3 #5 Posted 11 July 2018 - 09:44 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 31507 battles
  • 2,394
  • Member since:
    05-26-2014

I wouldn't hold your breath, the latest OP for the 4th of July was a resounding dud.

 

This surprised me because when you think how grateful the world must feel towards the USA, and I am certain so many feel this sentiment, one would think the 4th of July OPs/giveaways in WOT would have been a little more prodigious. 



Afro Palestine #6 Posted 11 July 2018 - 10:31 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 51088 battles
  • 3,569
  • [HKC]
  • Member since:
    07-07-2014

View Postpr0fit0fcanabis, on 11 July 2018 - 09:37 PM, said:

What is the connection between a tank game and a soccer tournament?  

 

Ask the Hammer.

Shadow Akula 96 #7 Posted 12 July 2018 - 05:52 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 10892 battles
  • 956
  • Member since:
    01-07-2017
Don’t rule out Croatia just yet, sure they’ve had 3 lots of extra time and fatigue is setting in, a lot of English fans thought they would beat Croatia because of this, look what happened 2nd half Croatia fire 1 back to force extra time, second half of ET boom Croatia get the winning goal. Croatia seem to save their energy and goal scoring opportunities for the second half. Be careful France, Croatia are still very dangerous.....

Let’s also not forget a lot of underdogs did better than the “Good” teams this World Cup, so like the rest of football - anything can happen

Of course if Croatia win it means no tank unless WG Console create a special one off - however that will likely not happen.

Pssst. I know who you are. Hail Sithis

YouTube channel: Shadow Akula 96

2nd YouTube channel coming soon: Shadow Drifters

My solo YT will cover various games maybe even some WoT

My other YT, a joint channel with a friend will mostly cover GTA stuff with a few other games here and there.


pr0fit0fcanabis #8 Posted 12 July 2018 - 05:54 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 40190 battles
  • 10,334
  • Member since:
    06-05-2014
Tank promotions are decided pre event, not post event.  Right everyone?  

donny007-THX #9 Posted 12 July 2018 - 05:59 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 14312 battles
  • 1,714
  • [NLD01]
  • Member since:
    12-18-2017
If Croatia wins road safety flairs will be half price......show your support!  Light a flair!

Han S0L0 DL44 #10 Posted 12 July 2018 - 06:02 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 31371 battles
  • 495
  • [-8TH-]
  • Member since:
    07-22-2015

View PostN333DL3, on 11 July 2018 - 09:44 PM, said:

I wouldn't hold your breath, the latest OP for the 4th of July was a resounding dud.

 

This surprised me because when you think how grateful the world must feel towards the USA, and I am certain so many feel this sentiment, one would think the 4th of July OPs/giveaways in WOT would have been a little more prodigious. 

 

Wow I guess you have not travelled much ... And to think you guys think North Koreans are brainwashed from birth ...


Lego minifigures, please visit www.bricksandfigures.com

Just An0maly #11 Posted 12 July 2018 - 09:24 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 17603 battles
  • 454
  • [-N-]
  • Member since:
    08-13-2017
I would love to see the Somua brought out if France wins. Just saying' ...

TocFanKe4 #12 Posted 12 July 2018 - 10:15 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 18820 battles
  • 21,839
  • [GIRLS]
  • Member since:
    03-16-2014
They did a March madness and super bowl thing.  Why not world cup?

 

Till the Servers fall apart and burn


P6X330 #13 Posted 13 July 2018 - 01:39 AM

    Major

  • Supertest - PS4
  • 12123 battles
  • 2,301
  • [AMXS]
  • Member since:
    07-02-2017

View PostShadow Akula 96, on 12 July 2018 - 11:52 AM, said:

Don’t rule out Croatia just yet, sure they’ve had 3 lots of extra time and fatigue is setting in, a lot of English fans thought they would beat Croatia because of this, look what happened 2nd half Croatia fire 1 back to force extra time, second half of ET boom Croatia get the winning goal. Croatia seem to save their energy and goal scoring opportunities for the second half. Be careful France, Croatia are still very dangerous.....

Let’s also not forget a lot of underdogs did better than the “Good” teams this World Cup, so like the rest of football - anything can happen

Of course if Croatia win it means no tank unless WG Console create a special one off - however that will likely not happen.

 

If you run a search on my game tag, you will find that I predicted that Croatia would be one of the finalists before the quarter finals! I actually made some money out of betting it...

 

And because its the world cup, nothing is taken for granted, and Croatia deserved to be in the final, so does France.

 

I would tentatively put France as the most likely winner, based on their performance so far, but Croatia may very well be the winner...


Edited by P6X330, 13 July 2018 - 01:49 AM.

                Bad teams are in the same battle. Good teams work together! don't complain, contribute.

 


P6X330 #14 Posted 13 July 2018 - 01:42 AM

    Major

  • Supertest - PS4
  • 12123 battles
  • 2,301
  • [AMXS]
  • Member since:
    07-02-2017

View Postpr0fit0fcanabis, on 11 July 2018 - 03:37 PM, said:

What is the connection between a tank game and a soccer tournament?  

 

No connection at all! however our astute Wargaming marketing managers may use the general euphoria to encourage spending...

 

What is the connection between a tank game and the Super Ball? same difference...


                Bad teams are in the same battle. Good teams work together! don't complain, contribute.

 


Tempest fox3 #15 Posted 13 July 2018 - 01:46 AM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 18481 battles
  • 14,158
  • Member since:
    08-22-2013
Why should wargaming offer any reward for an unaffiliated team winning an unaffiliated sports competition?

War is a Democracy and the enemy always gets a vote.

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite, E-75, T32 - In order obtained


pr0fit0fcanabis #16 Posted 13 July 2018 - 01:47 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 40190 battles
  • 10,334
  • Member since:
    06-05-2014

View PostTocFanKe4, on 12 July 2018 - 10:15 PM, said:

They did a March madness and super bowl thing. Why not world cup?

And planned and announced both prior to the events.  If WG did a World cup event I would be fine, but with the number of countries involved it would sure make the planning difficult.  It certainly would be no different in execution from Tank Madness anyway.  Can you think of another way? 



pr0fit0fcanabis #17 Posted 13 July 2018 - 01:48 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 40190 battles
  • 10,334
  • Member since:
    06-05-2014

View PostP6X330, on 13 July 2018 - 01:42 AM, said:

 

No connection at all! however our astute Wargaming marketing managers may use the general euphoria to encourage spending...

 

What is the connection between a tank game and the Super Ball? same difference...

None.  I was waiting for that.  However it was planned and announced in advance, not after the fact based upon forum threads.  For the future sure, see my other post.  



P6X330 #18 Posted 13 July 2018 - 01:50 AM

    Major

  • Supertest - PS4
  • 12123 battles
  • 2,301
  • [AMXS]
  • Member since:
    07-02-2017

View PostTempest fox3, on 12 July 2018 - 07:46 PM, said:

Why should wargaming offer any reward for an unaffiliated team winning an unaffiliated sports competition?

 

Is the US Super Ball affiliated in any way to Wargaming.net?

                Bad teams are in the same battle. Good teams work together! don't complain, contribute.

 


pr0fit0fcanabis #19 Posted 13 July 2018 - 01:54 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 40190 battles
  • 10,334
  • Member since:
    06-05-2014

View PostP6X330, on 13 July 2018 - 01:50 AM, said:

 

Is the US Super Ball affiliated in any way to Wargaming.net?

Point of picky order, it is the Super Bowl ....:harp:



P6X330 #20 Posted 13 July 2018 - 01:54 AM

    Major

  • Supertest - PS4
  • 12123 battles
  • 2,301
  • [AMXS]
  • Member since:
    07-02-2017

View Postpr0fit0fcanabis, on 12 July 2018 - 07:48 PM, said:

None.  I was waiting for that.  However it was planned and announced in advance, not after the fact based upon forum threads.  For the future sure, see my other post.  

 

Note that the soccer world cup is more popular and has a larger worldwide distributed audience than the US Super Ball. But I am not going to argue that the US can suffice to itself without the need of the outside.

 

But you make a valid point; WG always made announcements before the Ball, and it makes more sense to have an op based on a US event.  


                Bad teams are in the same battle. Good teams work together! don't complain, contribute.

 





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users