The woes of the skoda T-40

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Morgotha #1 Posted 13 July 2018 - 09:32 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 38791 battles

So I succumbed into buying the skoda t-40 after watching various reviews on this tank saying how good it was and being a reasonably decent player I thought I would give it a go.

So after what I feel what I feel a good idea of 24 games with a six skill crew and the tank fully equipped with vents,wet ammo rack and coated optics to get the most out of the tank and negate the ammo rack issues I can safely say that unless you get a good team then this tank is a waste of time. I would not recommend this to anyone,ive mastered it after doing 2.9k damage and 600 assist and it performs okay but artillery partically one shots it every time,everything pens it,its premium rounds are a joke at range due to velocity, everything pens it and it's aim time is a joke. I've played it in every way possible to get the most out of it but I am so sick of getting stuck with idiots when I use this as intrinsically I like the tank but I don't like the way if I seem to die then it's 90% guaranteed that it's a loss. After 24 games I have a wonderful win rate of 33% in it which is pathetic yet it's mastered and nearly 40% damage standing. It's a not a bad tank but SOOOO reliant on a team which actually know what they are doing your going to be down the river without a paddle due to the fact it can't take any hits at all and when your playing lower tiers it seems that 80% of people nowadays have absolutely no idea. 

So I am stuck in between a rock and hard place,continue playing it as I quite like the tank but see my win rate get further battered. 

My thoughts on this tank are that it needs more HP..being such a big target with very low health is not a good mix. I would bump it up to 760HP  to accommodate for the zero armour at least give it a chance of soaking some hits. 

pr0fit0fcanabis #2 Posted 13 July 2018 - 09:35 PM

Major

• Players
  • 40296 battles
Ah good ole 3 pen, she is quite a gem.  

Corporal Derpy #3 Posted 13 July 2018 - 09:38 PM

Major

• Players
  • 20764 battles
  • [KMD]
I'm not sure what videos you were watching that were saying the tank is good, but they're liars.

Garage : 

Camelman Fin #4 Posted 13 July 2018 - 09:46 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 19771 battles
  • [CRPT]

View PostCorporal Derpy, on 13 July 2018 - 11:38 PM, said:

I'm not sure what videos you were watching that were saying the tank is good, but they're liars.

This. You can have massive damage games with it occasionally, if your team keeps reds occupied and if your low velo shels do hit, but if not, then that tank is worst tier six premium and you cant carry teams alone with it, like you can with russian tier six prem meds

BigHundy #5 Posted 13 July 2018 - 09:55 PM

Major

• Players
  • 9024 battles
  • [1V29]

I think the tank can be good, a few more degrees of GD and I'd like it a lot more, though.

Top tier the gun can be devastating.

You have to spam gold when mid to bottom, though.

Bring back the old chaffee!

ArKenemyxX #6 Posted 13 July 2018 - 10:12 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 18236 battles
  • [PRIME]

View PostMorgotha, on 13 July 2018 - 02:32 PM, said:

So I succumbed into buying the skoda t-40 after watching various reviews on this tank saying how good it was and being a reasonably decent player I thought I would give it a go.

Whoever you're watching reviews of you need to unsubscribe and tell them they're fired

MADBrettZ #7 Posted 13 July 2018 - 10:35 PM

Major

• Players
  • 18146 battles
  • [3RDPD]

View PostBigHundy, on 14 July 2018 - 09:55 AM, said:

I think the tank can be good, a few more degrees of GD and I'd like it a lot more, though.

Top tier the gun can be devastating.

You have to spam gold when mid to bottom, though.

This is what I think as well!

Spend a lot of time hiding ( playing as TD ) you just can’t afford to get hit......

Can be played aggressively, when top tier Vs soft targets. But that doesn’t happen often!?

Considering this tank is the only premium tank of the nation, you would think it should have at least have a better XP training ( something! ) to make it worth the gold spent.

Maybe should be packaged with 100 X6 crew XP boosts?? :trollface:

Cheers MB

Very Classy #8 Posted 13 July 2018 - 11:26 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 23823 battles
  • [BNKR]
I used the Zizka to build a crew before the line was released... have played it twice since.

x rocketfish x #9 Posted 14 July 2018 - 03:06 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 14827 battles
I think it's ok. The biggest downfall is the premium H.E.A.T.  Would like to see some buffs to make it more competitive.
Any of these
R.O.F.
Aim time
Dispersion
View range
Traverse

rarickp1973 #10 Posted 14 July 2018 - 05:03 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 10002 battles
  • [K2]
I rarely roll mine out anymore...collecting dust. Playing it like a TD seems to be the way to go, and only engage reds currently busy with  with your teammates. I've been one shot too many times in that paper tank. Vents/rammer/optics on mine. I may roll it out today...maybe
signature.png

scwirpeo #11 Posted 14 July 2018 - 11:38 PM

Major

• Players
  • 38360 battles
  • [CRY]
The premium ammo is so slow you can dodge it, in a super heavy.

MOEs so I can pretend like they matter

Spoiler

El Materdor43 #12 Posted 14 July 2018 - 11:57 PM

Major

• Players
  • 28444 battles
  • [HACKS]

View PostMorgotha, on 13 July 2018 - 04:32 PM, said:

So after what I feel what I feel a good idea of 24 games with a six skill crew and the tank fully equipped with vents,wet ammo rack and coated optics to get the most out of the tank and negate the ammo rack issues I can safely say that unless you get a good team then this tank is a waste of time. I would not recommend this to anyone,ive mastered it after doing 2.9k damage and 600 assist and it performs okay but artillery partically one shots it every time,everything pens it,its premium rounds are a joke at range due to velocity, everything pens it and it's aim time is a joke. I've played it in every way possible to get the most out of it but I am so sick of getting stuck with idiots when I use this as intrinsically I like the tank but I don't like the way if I seem to die then it's 90% guaranteed that it's a loss. After 24 games I have a wonderful win rate of 33% in it which is pathetic yet it's mastered and nearly 40% damage standing. It's a not a bad tank but SOOOO reliant on a team which actually know what they are doing your going to be down the river without a paddle due to the fact it can't take any hits at all and when your playing lower tiers it seems that 80% of people nowadays have absolutely no idea. 

So I am stuck in between a rock and hard place,continue playing it as I quite like the tank but see my win rate get further battered. 

My thoughts on this tank are that it needs more HP..being such a big target with very low health is not a good mix. I would bump it up to 760HP  to accommodate for the zero armour at least give it a chance of soaking some hits. 

I struggled with it. The only way I have found it to work is to get close, very close, to the reds. Fire, pull back, reload. Rinse and repeat. I found it to be worse than rubbish at distance. I could fire 5 shots and if 2 hit was I was aiming at, I felt lucky. The tank could be awfully good. It has all the necessary things but man, it will make you say some words that will get your mouth washed out with soap :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users