• Players
  • 10543 battles
  • [IKG]

could that possibly be the worst new/reskin map ever? I’ve played it in :

TD’s

Heavies

lights and 

mediums 

On artic region , the map offered quite a few good spots to fight from or fight for.

anyone got any good ideas on the map? 

It comes up so infrequently that I never really have time to really check it out.

Brick S0lid #2 Posted 14 July 2018 - 03:32 AM

Major

• Players
  • 14194 battles
I loath it. Made a post complaining about it and the bugs on it last week and then all the fanboys showed up and said "be grateful we get new content"

Edited by Brick S0lid, 14 July 2018 - 04:01 AM.

Artillery punishes flankers, not campers.

3700+Wn8. 100 tanks with 3 MoE including 29 tier X's on my main account.

pilotguy79 #3 Posted 14 July 2018 - 03:38 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 10543 battles
  • [IKG]
The map could be good. But for me. Man alive!! It’s got no sight lines whatsoever. I can’t seem to get any bearing on that map. It is artic region but with so many obstacles and poor sight lines. The only time is did ok was when I played my Uber armoured heavy and simply drive forward and face hugged the enemy.

ALF EXTREME #4 Posted 14 July 2018 - 03:42 AM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 42198 battles
considering i hate ice bound the 2 times I've seen amazon I've preferred it

I AM KING

and i declare death to all artillery, who will follow me on this righteous quest for freedom

greenteam117 #5 Posted 14 July 2018 - 05:58 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 18645 battles
  • [LEONI]
still not as bad as Malinovka

"I do not need to fight him... I just need to kill him"-Nagisa Shiota                                                                                                       "Many claim they wish to destroy their enemies. If this were true, most would be compelled to destroy themselves."-Abbess Helena

Hated Tanks!- IKV103 AND T-34-2      Do what makes you happy... or die trying.      "The only ones who should kill, are those prepared to be killed."- Lelouch Vi Britannia

Tanks Lines i Recommend for new Players 1.IS Line 2.KV Line 3.Maus Line 4.Japanese Super Heavy Line 5.US Heavy Line. "These heretics refute the Emperor's holy right to rule. Let them argue with the barrel of a gun."-Canoness Sabine

favorite tank(s) are : captured KV-1, Champion M10, Gorynych KV-5, bogatyr, churchill III, Glory is-5, IS-2, Kaiju, Edelweiss, Nameless, e-100, type 5 heavy, T-10, The Hidden, M4A1 Revalorise, Hammer, IS-3, Fatherland, GuP, Lycan, T26E4, Boilermaker,Pz. II J PS, Valentine II, Honor T-28E, ISU-130, WT Auf pz. IV, Lowe, British Bulldog, Pz. B2, Legion, Motherland, King Dragon, T28 Concept, M6A2E1, Skorpion G, Pz. 58 Mutz, Pz V/IV, Bizon T-103(and maybe some other tanks that are not coming to mind) i pretty much like all the tanks that i own (i find it fun to earn premium tanks).  Marks on Premium Tanks       even the most loved thing, if played too much. becomes the most hated thing in the world.  

TocFanKe4 #6 Posted 14 July 2018 - 06:01 AM

Major

• Players
  • 18283 battles
  • [GIRLS]
They should do a covert OP with a 2X silver bonus if you win on Amazon on July 17.  They could call it the Prime Day bonus. :D

Need potential damage?  Drive out there and get shot!  Get your DEATH POINTS!

Merun #7 Posted 14 July 2018 - 08:29 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 9204 battles
  • [FRONT]

I think it is FAR better than Westfield.

Edit: Sorry, I was confused and thought of Panama

Please ignore

Merun, official smartass of clan [FRONT]

I want people to understand because I want to understand as well.

Yes, I am the one guy with a different opinion.

Don't believe my battle count. It is missing 12355 battles on PC(and not a single one will ever be added to that number again) and 852 battles on mobile.

Norrin-Radd_SS01 #8 Posted 14 July 2018 - 08:44 AM

Major

• Players
  • 32411 battles

View PostBrick S0lid, on 14 July 2018 - 03:32 AM, said:

I loath it. Made a post complaining about it and the bugs on it last week and then all the fanboys showed up and said "be grateful we get new content"

Not seen any bugs, but that might be cos I haven't been in the right spot or it's just aN Xbox thing, either way they need fixed (saw the vid). That aside I like the map, too many try to play it like Arctic and that's the problem, it's different.

Brick S0lid #9 Posted 14 July 2018 - 09:36 AM

Major

• Players
  • 14194 battles

View PostNorrin-Radd_SS01, on 14 July 2018 - 08:44 PM, said:

Not seen any bugs, but that might be cos I haven't been in the right spot or it's just aN Xbox thing, either way they need fixed (saw the vid). That aside I like the map, too many try to play it like Arctic and that's the problem, it's different.

Its different in the sense that it takes everything that was good about arctic and ruins it. 

Norrin-Radd_SS01 #10 Posted 14 July 2018 - 10:15 AM

Major

• Players
  • 32411 battles

View PostBrick S0lid, on 14 July 2018 - 09:36 AM, said:

Its different in the sense that it takes everything that was good about arctic and ruins it. 

Which isn't a bad thing, if it was a totally new map people would probably like it, but they compare it to the previous version and it doesn't play the same. It's much better than most reskin maps which play virtually the same but usually benefit heavies, this has new places for all tanks although maybe a little bad for lights.

greenteam117 #11 Posted 14 July 2018 - 11:24 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 18645 battles
  • [LEONI]

talking about maps, does anyone like Malinovka?

it is one of my least liked maps in the game and i seem to always get it in my slow giant tanks or in my skorpion G

"I do not need to fight him... I just need to kill him"-Nagisa Shiota                                                                                                       "Many claim they wish to destroy their enemies. If this were true, most would be compelled to destroy themselves."-Abbess Helena

Hated Tanks!- IKV103 AND T-34-2      Do what makes you happy... or die trying.      "The only ones who should kill, are those prepared to be killed."- Lelouch Vi Britannia

Tanks Lines i Recommend for new Players 1.IS Line 2.KV Line 3.Maus Line 4.Japanese Super Heavy Line 5.US Heavy Line. "These heretics refute the Emperor's holy right to rule. Let them argue with the barrel of a gun."-Canoness Sabine

favorite tank(s) are : captured KV-1, Champion M10, Gorynych KV-5, bogatyr, churchill III, Glory is-5, IS-2, Kaiju, Edelweiss, Nameless, e-100, type 5 heavy, T-10, The Hidden, M4A1 Revalorise, Hammer, IS-3, Fatherland, GuP, Lycan, T26E4, Boilermaker,Pz. II J PS, Valentine II, Honor T-28E, ISU-130, WT Auf pz. IV, Lowe, British Bulldog, Pz. B2, Legion, Motherland, King Dragon, T28 Concept, M6A2E1, Skorpion G, Pz. 58 Mutz, Pz V/IV, Bizon T-103(and maybe some other tanks that are not coming to mind) i pretty much like all the tanks that i own (i find it fun to earn premium tanks).  Marks on Premium Tanks       even the most loved thing, if played too much. becomes the most hated thing in the world.  

Norrin-Radd_SS01 #12 Posted 14 July 2018 - 11:45 AM

Major

• Players
  • 32411 battles

View Postgreenteam117, on 14 July 2018 - 11:24 AM, said:

it is one of my least liked maps in the game and i seem to always get it in my slow giant tanks or in my skorpion G

Don't mind the map, it's the players that annoy me here. Old spawn (PC, not sure about early console) was at the field and everyone sat there ignoring the hill making it a great flanking position if you could get 1 or 2 to go with you. Now they all go hill and ignore the field making the field a place that an easy win can be made.

This problem isn't just on this map and I feel that a random spawn, by that I mean 2 or 3 separate spawn locations not just anywhere, for some maps would really shake things up, people might try different routes and actully gain some map awareness. But El Haluf will always see all the idiots rush to B2  :facepalm:

greenteam117 #13 Posted 14 July 2018 - 11:57 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 18645 battles
  • [LEONI]

View PostNorrin-Radd_SS01, on 14 July 2018 - 08:45 PM, said:

Don't mind the map, it's the players that annoy me here. Old spawn (PC, not sure about early console) was at the field and everyone sat there ignoring the hill making it a great flanking position if you could get 1 or 2 to go with you. Now they all go hill and ignore the field making the field a place that an easy win can be made.

This problem isn't just on this map and I feel that a random spawn, by that I mean 2 or 3 separate spawn locations not just anywhere, for some maps would really shake things up, people might try different routes and actully gain some map awareness. But El Haluf will always see all the idiots rush to B2  :facepalm:

when ever i play this map, the entire team camps field near base and no one goes up the hill.

f1mitku #14 Posted 14 July 2018 - 12:02 PM

Major

• Players
  • 32278 battles

View Postgreenteam117, on 14 July 2018 - 01:24 PM, said:

I like Malinovka. It’s still one of my favorite maps, excluding Malinovka Assault which is awfully unbalanced. But basically I hate all Assault games because there nobody knows what to do at least for the defenders. But especially on Malinovka Assault if the defending team just camps on the ridge and don’t attack (which happens practically always) it’s inevitable win for attacking team.

And for Amazon map. I like how it looks despite its dark design. But I still don’t play it well... but I’ve thought it’s my fault due my potato play. And it seems some of the best players also struggle on this map. 

greenteam117 #15 Posted 14 July 2018 - 12:11 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 18645 battles
  • [LEONI]

View Postf1mitku, on 14 July 2018 - 09:02 PM, said:

I like Malinovka. It’s still one of my favorite maps, excluding Malinovka Assault which is awfully unbalanced. But basically I hate all Assault games because there nobody knows what to do at least for the defenders. But especially on Malinovka Assault if the defending team just camps on the ridge and don’t attack (which happens practically always) it’s inevitable win for attacking team.

And for Amazon map. I like how it looks despite its dark design. But I still don’t play it well... but I’ve thought it’s my fault due my potato play. And it seems some of the best players also struggle on this map. 

a bad habit defending teams have on Malinovka Assault is going down the hill 1 by 1 and getting focused fired by the enemy.

pilotguy79 #16 Posted 14 July 2018 - 12:25 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 10543 battles
  • [IKG]
Played it again. Ughhhh. I did ok . Good damage. But it was simply because I played a well armoured tank , is7. I charged forth to the enemy and got in fairly close. I doubt it was me playing good , or most likely both sides not having a good attack plan on that map. Good thing about it. Arty is all but useless.  I haven’t been in team training in a long time. Is that map available ?

redshadowrider #17 Posted 14 July 2018 - 12:34 PM

Major

• Players
  • 31238 battles
Played Amazon only 4 times and every time the south spawn lost.  Small sample I know, but raises questions for me.  I don't like dark maps like this one or, Nomanshand either.
I'm just saying.....

Norrin-Radd_SS01 #18 Posted 14 July 2018 - 12:58 PM

Major

• Players
  • 32411 battles

View Postredshadowrider, on 14 July 2018 - 12:34 PM, said:

Played Amazon only 4 times and every time the south spawn lost.  Small sample I know, but raises questions for me.  I don't like dark maps like this one or, Nomanshand either.

Both sides have a great defense of cap capability, which means that the attackers will more often lose. Have won as South but it's more often been a defensive win rather than attacking. This could be a bad thing because we know most players don't have a clue what tactics mean, but it does make for different gameplay.

GUSTO 24 7 #19 Posted 14 July 2018 - 02:08 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 45731 battles
  • [4TH]
It is the worst of the reskin maps, I am not a fan.

Damn the torpedoes.........full speed ahead!

Brick S0lid #20 Posted 14 July 2018 - 02:09 PM

Major

• Players
  • 14194 battles

View PostNorrin-Radd_SS01, on 14 July 2018 - 10:15 PM, said:

Which isn't a bad thing, if it was a totally new map people would probably like it, but they compare it to the previous version and it doesn't play the same. It's much better than most reskin maps which play virtually the same but usually benefit heavies, this has new places for all tanks although maybe a little bad for lights.

its bad for lights and mediums. As far as i can tell amazon doesn't add anything good. All the pipes and garbage just block sightlines and denies you the ability to be effective anywhere other than on either flank which are both corridors. These map reskins just seem to be an attempt at dumbing down gameplay. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users