Jump to content


Silly question about killing undetected tank


  • Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Norrin-Radd_SS01 #1 Posted 14 July 2018 - 11:28 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 35074 battles
  • 2,467
  • Member since:
    09-07-2016

OK so I did it on the other one with a T8 French TD, but this time (Bigtop) I'm not getting so lucky. My question is, do you think this is easier to do in a TD, which has binos so you can spot then wiggle to unspot, or a med/heavy which has a turret and more maneuverability?

The Tanks I have for this are

  • Indien-PZ
  • Tiger II
  • JPanther
  • JPanther II

Done the rest, the double damage was even easier than I though, maybe I'm better than I thought......na just lucky, so just this one to get.

 

OOOO just checked and my Tiger had no equipment so I shoved binos on it :teethhappy: This might make it easier.

 

Please no moaning about the requirements, there are threads full of that, I don't mind having strange or difficult things to do especially when the rewards (except the tank) are good like these contracts.


Edited by Norrin-Radd_SS01, 14 July 2018 - 11:30 AM.


Sgt Becket FEAR #2 Posted 14 July 2018 - 12:03 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 10143 battles
  • 8,184
  • [ROSA]
  • Member since:
    04-19-2014

Red tanks tend to be more skittish around TDs than other tanks imo

 

I guess they figure that big dumb Heavy will not bother to drop a round just to see if they hit anything.

 

With TDs, they hightail it to another spot.


Commander of Rosa "Queen of Hearts"

 

Need help with the Tiger I? PM me or see my guide: Becket's Tiger Guide | Short novel about Rosa: Rosa: Queen of Hearts

__________________________________________________________________________


Norrin-Radd_SS01 #3 Posted 14 July 2018 - 12:22 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 35074 battles
  • 2,467
  • Member since:
    09-07-2016

View PostSgt Becket FEAR, on 14 July 2018 - 12:03 PM, said:

Red tanks tend to be more skittish around TDs than other tanks imo

 

I guess they figure that big dumb Heavy will not bother to drop a round just to see if they hit anything.

 

With TDs, they hightail it to another spot.

 

I see what your saying, but it's easier to do this in a TD when you have never been spotted, although I did do it after I was spotted in the Frebch TD I got lucky. But then tanks running away from TDs can be shot unspotted and tanks attacking heavies can't. See it's hard to decide they both have advantages and disadvantages for trying to do this.

MASHMAN 90 #4 Posted 14 July 2018 - 12:22 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 28861 battles
  • 7,730
  • Member since:
    02-21-2014
I got mine with a bug but my recommendation is choose a tank with 50% Crew (Or just Sixth Sense), No Equipment and Low View Range, as you don't want to spot them but you want them to spot you then shoot where the tracer is (and hope they don't move).

Youtube

Twitter

 

Grovyle from Pokemon Mystery Dungeon

The important thing is not how long you live... It's what you accomplish with your life. While I live, I want to shine. I want to prove that I exist. If I could do something really important... That would definitely carry on into the future.

 


MASHMAN 90 #5 Posted 14 July 2018 - 12:24 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 28861 battles
  • 7,730
  • Member since:
    02-21-2014
or wait for a one shot, let them go invisible and then fire.

Youtube

Twitter

 

Grovyle from Pokemon Mystery Dungeon

The important thing is not how long you live... It's what you accomplish with your life. While I live, I want to shine. I want to prove that I exist. If I could do something really important... That would definitely carry on into the future.

 


MASHMAN 90 #6 Posted 14 July 2018 - 12:25 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 28861 battles
  • 7,730
  • Member since:
    02-21-2014
For me it's opposite of Stealth Kills as Stealth, you want view range + camo but if you need to kill a Stealth tank then you shouldn't spot them :)

Youtube

Twitter

 

Grovyle from Pokemon Mystery Dungeon

The important thing is not how long you live... It's what you accomplish with your life. While I live, I want to shine. I want to prove that I exist. If I could do something really important... That would definitely carry on into the future.

 


Sgt Becket FEAR #7 Posted 14 July 2018 - 12:27 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 10143 battles
  • 8,184
  • [ROSA]
  • Member since:
    04-19-2014

View PostNorrin-Radd_SS01, on 14 July 2018 - 07:22 AM, said:

 

I see what your saying, but it's easier to do this in a TD when you have never been spotted, although I did do it after I was spotted in the Frebch TD I got lucky. But then tanks running away from TDs can be shot unspotted and tanks attacking heavies can't. See it's hard to decide they both have advantages and disadvantages for trying to do this.

 

Indeed...

 

I guess the best thing would be to go with whatever setup you are most comfortable with.

 

Trust your gut ^_^


Commander of Rosa "Queen of Hearts"

 

Need help with the Tiger I? PM me or see my guide: Becket's Tiger Guide | Short novel about Rosa: Rosa: Queen of Hearts

__________________________________________________________________________


Norrin-Radd_SS01 #8 Posted 14 July 2018 - 12:34 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 35074 battles
  • 2,467
  • Member since:
    09-07-2016

View PostMASHMAN 90, on 14 July 2018 - 12:25 PM, said:

For me it's opposite of Stealth Kills as Stealth, you want view range + camo but if you need to kill a Stealth tank then you shouldn't spot them :)

 

Well thats why I think binos will help, you can spot wiggle and shoot. My Tiger hasn't even got 6th. I bought it back for some OP and didn't have a crew, down to 92.63% on it but I don't care it's 3 marked.

Very Classy #9 Posted 14 July 2018 - 02:07 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 23218 battles
  • 1,752
  • [BNKR]
  • Member since:
    04-24-2014

Too bad you don't have Tier VII French arty. That would be easiest.

I like your idea with binos, but if I am the one who spotted them with binos, I'm not sure if I would be able to keep moving the hull to keep the binos dark, keep my gun pointed in the same spot, have them go undetected for 3+ secs, and then aim and kill them before my binos activate again. 

 

El Halluf is the map I would want. Hope you don't have a good (and aggressive) light tank driver. Jpanthers and Tigers would do very well shooting across the valley.

 

It's a pretty difficult thing to play for. It took me 34 matches to get it... with it as my primary goal. I got two chances. The first one I shot as soon as it went undetected. Don't do that. Apparently that doesn't count... much triggering occurred. Lol

 

Good luck. 



Norrin-Radd_SS01 #10 Posted 14 July 2018 - 02:25 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 35074 battles
  • 2,467
  • Member since:
    09-07-2016

View PostVery Classy, on 14 July 2018 - 02:07 PM, said:

Too bad you don't have Tier VII French arty. That would be easiest.

I like your idea with binos, but if I am the one who spotted them with binos, I'm not sure if I would be able to keep moving the hull to keep the binos dark, keep my gun pointed in the same spot, have them go undetected for 3+ secs, and then aim and kill them before my binos activate again. 

 

El Halluf is the map I would want. Hope you don't have a good (and aggressive) light tank driver. Jpanthers and Tigers would do very well shooting across the valley.

 

It's a pretty difficult thing to play for. It took me 34 matches to get it... with it as my primary goal. I got two chances. The first one I shot as soon as it went undetected. Don't do that. Apparently that doesn't count... much triggering occurred. Lol

 

Good luck. 

 

Fudge it I'm going to play some arty. Can't waste free XP though so I'll have to grind the T6.

 

Sorry everyone who's game I ruin...blame WG. Might be quicker playing the Germans but I know it will be fairly easy in arty.



Very Classy #11 Posted 14 July 2018 - 02:30 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 23218 battles
  • 1,752
  • [BNKR]
  • Member since:
    04-24-2014
I would keep using the tanks you're using. You should get it in the time it would take to grind the Tier VI arty. The tanks you have... all have good RoF with good alpha. Just keep banging away.

TemplarKnight75 #12 Posted 14 July 2018 - 02:39 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 15297 battles
  • 1,549
  • [OJD]
  • Member since:
    12-05-2015
I spent two days trying to get my big top undetected kill. Baiting hidden tanks looking for tracers, trying to avoid spotting them. Finally got it on scorpion pass. Then the next week this happened https://youtu.be/ahWxC9p3JXY

DwarfOnDrugs #13 Posted 14 July 2018 - 03:01 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 26082 battles
  • 1,320
  • [-UNL-]
  • Member since:
    03-12-2014
I had done one of them in my fr x arty but it didnt count. 

(And yes i do need a new banner i can't be bothered to change it yet)

https://www.youtube....GOV0Ca_kQVSX2-w


Norrin-Radd_SS01 #14 Posted 14 July 2018 - 03:38 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 35074 battles
  • 2,467
  • Member since:
    09-07-2016

View PostVery Classy, on 14 July 2018 - 02:30 PM, said:

I would keep using the tanks you're using. You should get it in the time it would take to grind the Tier VI arty. The tanks you have... all have good RoF with good alpha. Just keep banging away.

 

Since I did the last one I've been watching to see if I could repeat it and boy does it happen so seldom. In the 20 or so games I played on this stage I haven't even had a sniff at getting it and that's when playing for it every game. Yes I could do it next game or it could be 30 or so down the line. Anyway French tanks are giving me boosts and stuff so using so of my X2s to hurry this up isn't that bad. Also as my internet is playing up arty is easier to play than a heavy. OOOOO I forgot how much I like arty and boy is it broken, I'll need a very hot shower after this.

Sadriel Fett #15 Posted 14 July 2018 - 04:08 PM

    Major

  • Supertest - Xbox 360
  • 21703 battles
  • 3,555
  • Member since:
    02-12-2014
Does the Tiger II even work for this stage?  I know it branches off one of the VK's mentioned, but the tanks don't use the required engine type up that particular line.  As I recall, the only tanks that showed up on the Contract filter for me were the ones that went up the Leopard 1 and E-50M medium lines. 

TemplarKnight75 #16 Posted 14 July 2018 - 04:23 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 15297 battles
  • 1,549
  • [OJD]
  • Member since:
    12-05-2015

View PostSadriel Fett, on 14 July 2018 - 11:08 AM, said:

Does the Tiger II even work for this stage?  I know it branches off one of the VK's mentioned, but the tanks don't use the required engine type up that particular line.  As I recall, the only tanks that showed up on the Contract filter for me were the ones that went up the Leopard 1 and E-50M medium lines. 

 

any tanks that use the engine or are linked. It's either requirement not both

Norrin-Radd_SS01 #17 Posted 14 July 2018 - 05:56 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 35074 battles
  • 2,467
  • Member since:
    09-07-2016
Well the Tiger II is in the filter and the points were racking up, I didn't check further.

Sadriel Fett #18 Posted 14 July 2018 - 06:09 PM

    Major

  • Supertest - Xbox 360
  • 21703 battles
  • 3,555
  • Member since:
    02-12-2014

View PostNorrin-Radd_SS01, on 14 July 2018 - 01:56 PM, said:

Well the Tiger II is in the filter and the points were racking up, I didn't check further.

 

That's weird.  It never came up when I did my run through (that was the first week after release, though).  Only my Panther's and Tier X mediums came up on the filter.  Wonder if they tweaked it from feedback, since it's linked to one of the VK lines?  They said they've been adding some tanks to help complete the requirements, if people put in tickets and explain why they should be part of the requirement.  That's actually good news for completing Contracts down the road.  There's some Premiums that aren't on some of the Contract stages that probably should be.  

Norrin-Radd_SS01 #19 Posted 14 July 2018 - 09:23 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 35074 battles
  • 2,467
  • Member since:
    09-07-2016
Well second game in the arty, unspotted....wait....wait...fire....no reward, think I was a little eager as it was arty in a 3 arty game. Nevermind this will be easy.......game 8, finally got it and hadn't had a chance before. So in arty it's still a pain, but much easier cos you can pick any target no just what's near you.....thankfully I don't have to do that again....until they release another one anyway.

Sgt Becket FEAR #20 Posted 14 July 2018 - 09:25 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 10143 battles
  • 8,184
  • [ROSA]
  • Member since:
    04-19-2014

View PostNorrin-Radd_SS01, on 14 July 2018 - 04:23 PM, said:

Well second game in the arty, unspotted....wait....wait...fire....no reward, think I was a little eager as it was arty in a 3 arty game. Nevermind this will be easy.......game 8, finally got it and hadn't had a chance before. So in arty it's still a pain, but much easier cos you can pick any target no just what's near you.....thankfully I don't have to do that again....until they release another one anyway.

 

Yay it is over! xDDD

Commander of Rosa "Queen of Hearts"

 

Need help with the Tiger I? PM me or see my guide: Becket's Tiger Guide | Short novel about Rosa: Rosa: Queen of Hearts

__________________________________________________________________________





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users