Kennedy's War: Deep Assault

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

DertyChewbacca #1 Posted 17 July 2018 - 10:32 AM

Major

• Players
  • 8883 battles
I'm sorry, but this chapter is [edited]. You kill all enemy tanks THEN you still have to cap? Come on WG....

Very Classy #2 Posted 17 July 2018 - 11:27 AM

Major

• Players
  • 32828 battles
  • [JOCO]

Dude... it's so whack. I spent an evening trying to beat it.

Eventually, came up with a strat and was working on a video to show how effed the whole thing is and a way to beat it... but I got tired, went to bed, and didn't think about it enough to keep working on it.

Apparently, before WG made improved AI changes to the PvE content, killing all the enemies was a Win condition. Adding the need to capture the base, too, makes it significantly harder. Once you start the timer, you have at most 9 minutes (I think) and if you early cap one of the first two, you have even less time. Pretty lame.

My number one tip is to direct your team forward using the map before triggering the initial timer and before capping the first base. You will have to wait 8 days for your T29 and Tier VII TD to cross the opening field. I sat near the timer gate and waited until my team was past the first base (this doesn't help as much as you would think because two of those jabronis will hightail it back toward the initial gate, rendering them nearly useless).

As soon as most of my team was past the first base, I would full speed run to the left of the base behind the hangars and start picking off OpFor while liberally using the Requesting Fire on targets. They should die fairly quickly and, once they are nearly dead, start spamming the map to send your team up to the second base. Check the timer. 

If you have more than 1:40 left, don't cap, make sure your team is up the hill. Unfortunately, your AI is slow and dumb and may inadvertently cap the first base (which is bad). The 2nd base wave of enemies will not show until after the 1st base is capped (it never did for me, anyway). Once most of your team is up the hill or heading in that general direction, capping the first base early is fine. Quickly grab the Health boost if you need it and zoom up the hill to the 2nd base.

Make sure to request fire on the nearest and easiest targets for your team (they are dumb and will give their life to Yolo a bad target request). You should take the 2nd base smoothly, but something I hadn't noticed was that the Final Wave of enemies spawns before the 2nd base is capped. Quickly check your timer and try to trigger the Final Wave before capping. Start eliminating the lower tier vehicles ASAP. Do NOT request fire on the boss. Get rid of as many low tier vehicles as possible.

When I had capped the 2nd base (on my winning attempt) I only had 3 enemies remaining. As soon as the 2nd base waa captured, I immediately flew down the hill past the boss, requested fire on the boss, and put a shot into him as I passed. I went straight for the 3rd base, shooting at the other two enemies. Hopefully, Bodyguard is still alive as he is likely to enter the circle with you, which is pretty necessary. The Boss is probably heading toward you by now, which is good, because it allows your AI to shoot him in the butt. Spam the map at the 3rd base's location if the cap timer is greater than the game remaining timer. Hopefully, a knucklehead AI will help cap it out.

I found this strat straight cheese. Time consuming and stupid... but then this particular War Stories chapter is time consuming, stupid, and cheesy. It needs to be fixed, but Eff it, I got it done, and Eff the idea that I am ever playing War Stories again. Stop making your game worse, WarGaming.

There is literally an Xbox 360 in a museum, and this is the best joke you can come up with?
                                                                                         -- allhavoc

DertyChewbacca #3 Posted 17 July 2018 - 11:56 AM

Major

• Players
  • 8883 battles
Dude. That response is very much appreciated, and was never expected.

Very Classy #4 Posted 17 July 2018 - 12:16 PM

Major

• Players
  • 32828 battles
  • [JOCO]

View Postwattszyrva, on 17 July 2018 - 06:56 AM, said:

Dude. That response is very much appreciated, and was never expected.

lol... no worries. The pain of frustration I went through that night... gave me tremendous empathy for anyone else dealing with it. I'll definitely have to bookmark it, though. I don't want to type it again. Lol.

Good luck with it. 

There is literally an Xbox 360 in a museum, and this is the best joke you can come up with?
                                                                                         -- allhavoc

DertyChewbacca #5 Posted 17 July 2018 - 12:25 PM

Major

• Players
  • 8883 battles

View PostVery Classy, on 17 July 2018 - 08:16 AM, said:

lol... no worries. The pain of frustration I went through that night... gave me tremendous empathy for anyone else dealing with it. I'll definitely have to bookmark it, though. I don't want to type it again. Lol.

Good luck with it. 

Do the War Stories after follow the same path of frustration, or is it just that one?

Very Classy #6 Posted 17 July 2018 - 12:35 PM

Major

• Players
  • 32828 battles
  • [JOCO]

View Postwattszyrva, on 17 July 2018 - 07:25 AM, said:

Do the War Stories after follow the same path of frustration, or is it just that one?

I have no idea and I doubt I ever will. All I wanted was to get the achievement for completing 4 Chapters and I was met with misery for the majority of an evening. War Stories can rot in Hell as far as I am concerned. 

Even though I would really like a French crew with Sixth Sense... I'm not touching it until WarGaming acknowledges and then fixes the problems. I sent a ticket about the debacle that is Deep Assault and I still have not heard back from them. So... I suppose from their PoV nothing is wrong with it.

-- allhavoc

GingerSquatch93 #7 Posted 17 July 2018 - 06:46 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 8144 battles
  • [VKNG]

View PostVery Classy, on 17 July 2018 - 07:35 AM, said:

I have no idea and I doubt I ever will. All I wanted was to get the achievement for completing 4 Chapters and I was met with misery for the majority of an evening. War Stories can rot in Hell as far as I am concerned. 

Even though I would really like a French crew with Sixth Sense... I'm not touching it until WarGaming acknowledges and then fixes the problems. I sent a ticket about the debacle that is Deep Assault and I still have not heard back from them. So... I suppose from their PoV nothing is wrong with it.

I was more than surprised at the difficulty of that one alone, Kennedy's War seems to be by far the most difficult one to get through, even the first two parts of the story. Sure, actually using the spotlight on the tank is cool in the second mission, but that's offset by the fact that you're set up in a turkey shoot in an extremely thinly armored light. Contrast that with the pain train that rolled through with the Trinity and its undefeatable armor and pen-anywhere gun.

Commander, 16th Armored Battalion "Viking" - Ask me about joining!

Lejonet från Norden​ - The Lion from the North

​MoE: ***: None // **: T-34-85 // *: T-44-100, Primo Victoria, Strv M-42/57, Emil II, VK 30.01D, AMX 13 57, Skoda T50, Indien-Pz., Leopard PT A, Fury, M4A3E2 Sherman, Kranvagn, Strv 81

​Technical Engineer: Sweden, Czechoslovakia (Working towards China and Britain)

DAD Commander72 #8 Posted 22 July 2019 - 03:38 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 21906 battles
I went through this too, frustrating my Sunday, never succeeded.

Twitchy Taillow #9 Posted 23 August 2019 - 09:51 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 15279 battles
  • [UK]
Top man. Didn't follow your strat exactly but got the gist of it and had by the 5th try. It's all about map pinging ahead of objectives

"It's Omaha Beach. Wounded Knee. Rorke's Drift, The Killing Fields, the first day on The Somme. World War Three in North Jersey. And only now, pouring automatic fire into a human wall — do I feel something like peace"

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users