Jump to content


Limits on +1?

Why Really?

  • Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

STUART SHERMAN #1 Posted 23 July 2018 - 10:34 AM

    Captain

  • Beta Tester
  • 39360 battles
  • 1,927
  • [FLT]
  • Member since:
    09-10-2013
Maybe this is a stupid thread, but what is the daily limit for +1, and why is there one? I get that you can only use one per post, but why limit the how many I can give out each day? I like to let people know I've read their post on a thread I've started, but run out far too quickly. I'd also like to know who gave the +1, and don't see why I should not be able to do so. 

                                   

                                                     "Stop it with all the negative waves..."    Oddball


Xenith_Inc #2 Posted 23 July 2018 - 10:37 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 6827 battles
  • 3,475
  • Member since:
    04-15-2017
If everyone could upvote all posts, then the +1 loses any intrinsic value it had. Severely limiting them means it the best content gets +1s.

+++Generally found on PS4 EU server from 5 - 9pm CET+++

My YouTube Channel


Norrin-Radd_SS01 #3 Posted 23 July 2018 - 10:51 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 47555 battles
  • 2,467
  • Member since:
    09-07-2016

View PostXenith_Inc, on 23 July 2018 - 10:37 AM, said:

If everyone could upvote all posts, then the +1 loses any intrinsic value it had. Severely limiting them means it the best content gets +1s.

 

Or just the first.

View PostSTUART SHERMAN, on 23 July 2018 - 10:34 AM, said:

Maybe this is a stupid thread, but what is the daily limit for +1, and why is there one? I get that you can only use one per post, but why limit the how many I can give out each day? I like to let people know I've read their post on a thread I've started, but run out far too quickly. I'd also like to know who gave the +1, and don't see why I should not be able to do so. 

 

I gave you +1 for this.

 

I think it goes back to when you had -1 to stop idiots just going through every post by someone and down vote.



Worried Warrior #4 Posted 23 July 2018 - 10:55 AM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 27058 battles
  • 480
  • Member since:
    02-12-2014
This goes back to when clans would post en masse in here would go after people MASSIVELY driving there rep down or up all depending on the clans whims resulting in alot of folks developing a BUNKER mentallity and WG putting a limit on (at the time)how many positive or negative votes you could give out. Now its only positive and there is still a limit go figure!!!!!:facepalm:
I'd rather win ugly than loose looking pretty!!!:trollface:

JelliedPenny08 #5 Posted 23 July 2018 - 02:32 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 15524 battles
  • 4,282
  • Member since:
    06-07-2014

I think that it's maybe 25 ups per day. When I read lots on the forum I get through them all nearly every day...

 

It's a very good way of showing an opinion when you don't need to add anything to it. But there are still people with overall negative scores even though the negvote was taken away ages back. 



DARTH TETRIS #6 Posted 23 July 2018 - 04:00 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 16690 battles
  • 2,719
  • [BLT]
  • Member since:
    02-13-2014

View PostSTUART SHERMAN, on 23 July 2018 - 04:34 AM, said:

Maybe this is a stupid thread, but what is the daily limit for +1, and why is there one? I get that you can only use one per post, but why limit the how many I can give out each day? I like to let people know I've read their post on a thread I've started, but run out far too quickly. I'd also like to know who gave the +1, and don't see why I should not be able to do so. 

 

It used to be 15 up, 5 down. Then after a request they bumped it up to 25 or 30 up votes. Then they got rid of the down.

 

The limits were because your forum rating actually had meaning at that time. You knew who the trolls were as they had a negative rating. You knew who the most helpful OR funniest people were as they had the most upvotes. You couldn't go around giving someone 100 upvotes to boost them up or to disguise their trolling. With a limit you had to decide each day how to spend your upvotes.

 

This was all long before clans. It was on the 360 when you were much more limited in how you socialized with other tankers.

 

Ironically I think most people were much more careful with their posts as you wanted to avoid getting "negged" and therefore put more thought into what you said. Now you only hope to avoid being "modded" and everything else is just fine.



STUART SHERMAN #7 Posted 23 July 2018 - 08:48 PM

    Captain

  • Beta Tester
  • 39360 battles
  • 1,927
  • [FLT]
  • Member since:
    09-10-2013

View PostDARTH TETRIS, on 23 July 2018 - 11:00 AM, said:

 

It used to be 15 up, 5 down. Then after a request they bumped it up to 25 or 30 up votes. Then they got rid of the down.

 

The limits were because your forum rating actually had meaning at that time. You knew who the trolls were as they had a negative rating. You knew who the most helpful OR funniest people were as they had the most upvotes. You couldn't go around giving someone 100 upvotes to boost them up or to disguise their trolling. With a limit you had to decide each day how to spend your upvotes.

 

This was all long before clans. It was on the 360 when you were much more limited in how you socialized with other tankers.

 

Ironically I think most people were much more careful with their posts as you wanted to avoid getting "negged" and therefore put more thought into what you said. Now you only hope to avoid being "modded" and everything else is just fine.

 

Thanks everyone. I’ve been in the game since beta but did not join the forum fun for the first couple years. 

 


                                   

                                                     "Stop it with all the negative waves..."    Oddball


Gramps JC #8 Posted 24 July 2018 - 12:34 AM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 19609 battles
  • 1,779
  • Member since:
    02-15-2014

View PostSTUART SHERMAN, on 23 July 2018 - 03:48 PM, said:

 

Thanks everyone. I’ve been in the game since beta but did not join the forum fun for the first couple years. 

 

The first couple years were the most fun...both in game and in forums :)


 Credit to Violet Viper x for Sig


Tempest fox3 #9 Posted 24 July 2018 - 02:05 AM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 20389 battles
  • 17,460
  • [JOCO]
  • Member since:
    08-22-2013

View PostDARTH TETRIS, on 23 July 2018 - 04:00 PM, said:

 

It used to be 15 up, 5 down. Then after a request they bumped it up to 25 or 30 up votes. Then they got rid of the down.

 

The limits were because your forum rating actually had meaning at that time. You knew who the trolls were as they had a negative rating. You knew who the most helpful OR funniest people were as they had the most upvotes. You couldn't go around giving someone 100 upvotes to boost them up or to disguise their trolling. With a limit you had to decide each day how to spend your upvotes.

 

This was all long before clans. It was on the 360 when you were much more limited in how you socialized with other tankers.

 

Ironically I think most people were much more careful with their posts as you wanted to avoid getting "negged" and therefore put more thought into what you said. Now you only hope to avoid being "modded" and everything else is just fine.

 

It's still funny seeing someone with negative rep now, it's what 2 years since the downvote was removed?

War is a Democracy and the enemy always gets a vote.

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite, E-75, T32 - In order obtained


TIR3DSL0TH #10 Posted 24 July 2018 - 11:50 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 21707 battles
  • 4,885
  • Member since:
    02-13-2014

View PostSTUART SHERMAN, on 23 July 2018 - 11:34 AM, said:

Maybe this is a stupid thread, but what is the daily limit for +1, and why is there one? I get that you can only use one per post, but why limit the how many I can give out each day? I like to let people know I've read their post on a thread I've started, but run out far too quickly. I'd also like to know who gave the +1, and don't see why I should not be able to do so. 

 

I ask me the same as from my point of view it is stupid as hell. This forum is so toxic and sometimes I just want to give every post I like a plus. And guess what? I reach my limit very often :(

You can find our German community hereFreies WoT Forum thanks to WarGaming anti-EU attitude and disgusting deleting of non-English speaking communities

 

EU COMMUNITIES - NEVER FORGET WHAT Wargaming DID TO US

WG BLACK FRIDAY DEAL - THE...DAMAGE...IS...DONE


DARTH TETRIS #11 Posted 24 July 2018 - 03:43 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 16690 battles
  • 2,719
  • [BLT]
  • Member since:
    02-13-2014

View PostTempest fox3, on 23 July 2018 - 08:05 PM, said:

 

It's still funny seeing someone with negative rep now, it's what 2 years since the downvote was removed?

 

If only the people with over -1000 rep would come back, they might blow some new forumers minds!






Also tagged with Why, Really?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users