World of Tanks Mercenaries: The Tusk

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

x Papadox #21 Posted 31 July 2018 - 03:54 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 15102 battles
  • [RDDTX]

"A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon." - Napoleon Bonaparte

II NO x VICE II #22 Posted 31 July 2018 - 04:03 PM

Major

• Players
  • 38274 battles
If I am not wrong, 2 Million XP on another would net a rank 8+ crew already (I think 11-12 skills).

Sir Cobalt78 #23 Posted 31 July 2018 - 04:51 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 22481 battles
  • [OFF]
I agree more skills/perks for this crew would be great! But I'm still going to get this one. I'm pretty much done grinding out other tank lines I want and just play for the fun of it.

Don't Track me Bro!

spamunky #24 Posted 31 July 2018 - 06:25 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 36392 battles
Will grind it if the derp gun is a 3 shot auto-loader or even 2 shot  but otherwise no.

II NO x VICE II #25 Posted 31 July 2018 - 07:22 PM

Major

• Players
  • 38274 battles
PSA: While you are grinding this one and say in two months time, WG releases another Merc, you cannot do both - you have to abandon this progress or decide to not do the other.

TheIronReign #26 Posted 31 July 2018 - 07:44 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 16121 battles
  • [VNGRD]

View PostSHREK T T, on 31 July 2018 - 03:22 PM, said:

Maybe but its alot of money for a none premium tank the average uk weekly wage is only £300 alot of kids going hungry this week thank's to Wargaming 

This post is just cancer and absolutely ridiculous on so many levels.

INDR1D COLD #27 Posted 31 July 2018 - 08:07 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 22426 battles
  • [W0TFR]

so now , rushing to the end of the contract for the sloppy jack ( less than 90k xp to finish it ) so i can start on this one . also gives me an excuse to play more my 13.90 , and get the 40k xp left for the 13.105 . 

i missed playing lights .

Edited by INDR1D COLD, 31 July 2018 - 08:09 PM.

formerly : JBT manchzeck

IBROX 04 #28 Posted 31 July 2018 - 08:22 PM

Major

• Players
  • 20549 battles
  • [BNKR]
Glad I ain't going near the Merc tanks LOL. Wondering how many complete it without buying out stages, anyway good luck. 

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm

AHuskywolF #29 Posted 31 July 2018 - 08:55 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 10533 battles
  • [FURRY]
What a colossal waste of time. No thank you! 

Mittens / Miyens / Meens / Beans / Baby / Little B*tch / Meesh / Bees Churger

<3 <3 <3

Bashful #30 Posted 31 July 2018 - 09:59 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 28120 battles
  • [47R]

900k XP that has to be earned on one of two tanks?

1.7m XP total required?

Hmm... There's 146 days between now and Dec 24. To earn the 1.7m XP required, that means that you must average around 11643 XP per day - call that roughly 7 matches / day if you play exclusively high tiers.

I guess that's doable in theory, but dang is that ever an insane commitment level. 

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that this will probably be very rare tank....

Mashed #31 Posted 31 July 2018 - 10:50 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 37305 battles
I was looking forward to this one, but nah I'll give that a miss.

Good luck to all you nutters attempting this one!

MashedIT | YouTube | Mixer |

You only help your team mates, because they cannot be shot at, if they are dead.

J0zinzBaz1n #32 Posted 01 August 2018 - 05:46 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 53357 battles
  • [-NA-]

I was hoping to get this one just to have another tier X parked in the garage but this contract is just mission impossible for me.

1. A Meh tank with a derp gun that doesn’t work well in tier X games.

2. Last two stages require ~1.5 mil exp...I have few tanks with over 1mil exp but none with 1.5 mil and grinding it with only two tanks is not going to happen. That would mean playing exclusively two tanks the whole time, I like LTs but this is madness. 

3. For gold needed to skip the last two stages I could buy all the prem tanks I want, so no thanks.

I grinded all merc tanks ( except plague and bulwark) and sold them all, I like playing premium tanks and tier 9 and 10 tech tanks mucn better.

Akumahito #33 Posted 01 August 2018 - 12:45 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20582 battles
  • [0UCH]

Dangit, brb

Edited by Akumahito, 01 August 2018 - 12:45 PM.

Akumahito #34 Posted 01 August 2018 - 12:47 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20582 battles
  • [0UCH]

View PostBashful, on 31 July 2018 - 04:59 PM, said:.

... that means that you must average around 11643 XP per day - call that roughly 7 matches / day if you play exclusively high tiers. ...

You're forgetting daily doubles count so, 4 to 5 matches... but you can only use a total of 4 tanks in the highest stages... so... yeah...

I finished the first 4 stages last night, and I'm not that great of a light driver.  I was able to grind out the entire Slapjack in about a week and a half, Final stage there was 380k?... I forget.  So you're gonna see folks with Tusks faster than you think.

Edited by Akumahito, 01 August 2018 - 12:49 PM.

IRON LORD MINK #35 Posted 01 August 2018 - 01:05 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 27495 battles
  • [TTDB]

View PostSHREK T T, on 31 July 2018 - 02:35 PM, said:

the requirements for the tusk is pathetic over 2 million xp for a tier 10 none premium light tank that is probably as bad as the cruncher that has nothing special about it. I have completed the other 9 merc tanks and my experiance with them is poor playing in them show's that wga didnt test them out before release this is WG's way to buy time. They know they will lose alot of player's in the coming week's (exeption for the 360 players) but doing this is only making others leave. WG need to fix the wot client fix the bug's and stop trying to make us buy rerererereskinned tank's and other pathetic tank's 

I have Ground out All the Other Mercs and to be honest. The Merc Tanks are Pretty good they all have unique quirks that make them enjoyable to play.

Yes some of them are unconventional like the Stubbs and the Slapjack. But once you play them you can really try to adjust to there Playstyle.

SlapJack 
Uber DPM 
Strong turret 

Decent Hull

Good mobility 

Bad 

Pen

Easily get games where I do 4k dammage at Tier 8 even Fail platooned and Still did 2.4k in Tier X 

Stubs 
good View Range and Concealment 

25pdr gun

Low pen 

Decent mobility 

Great at Counter Scouting with HE and Is a great perma tracker where you can abuse View Range and Cammo and Perma track enemy heavies in the open for them to get Farmed 

AP can Work as Well but is Situational

Smoothman

TBH the Worst merc But can still do Okay 

Needle 
Boardeline OP

Plague Bringer 

Its a Jackson with Better mobility 
I like it 

Cruncher

Plays a lot like the Old Pre Buff Panther II Curently pulling a 3k average dmg and 92% wins 

Caboose 

well its a Classic Tier 3 derp 

Bulwark

Moster DPM and Armour for a Tier V 

Tusk 

Once I do get it it will be a lot Like the T49

a KV2 that Travels 68kph it will still be competitive

Bashful #36 Posted 01 August 2018 - 06:52 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 28120 battles
  • [47R]

View PostAkumahito, on 01 August 2018 - 04:47 AM, said:

You're forgetting daily doubles count so, 4 to 5 matches... but you can only use a total of 4 tanks in the highest stages... so... yeah...

I finished the first 4 stages last night, and I'm not that great of a light driver.  I was able to grind out the entire Slapjack in about a week and a half, Final stage there was 380k?... I forget.  So you're gonna see folks with Tusks faster than you think.

I'm sure I'm going to see them earlier as people while just open up their wallets for them.

My comment was more about the reflection of the commitment level required to get the tank - I think I average about 60 battles / week, and I'm not sure that it would be sufficient to get the tank. The fact that the final stage is two tanks only further limits things as I don't think I can see myself playing those two tanks for that long.

If someone is capable of regularly grinding out 400 matches per week, then yea, this probably won't be a problem for them. However, if you are someone with more limited them, you are basically SOL.

Matthew31790 #37 Posted 01 August 2018 - 07:01 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 46503 battles
  • [_WNG_]
Why not make the earlier stages specific to the French and American tier 9 and 10 light? Then make the last 3 stages applicable with any French or American tier 9-10. That makes the last 3 stages only doable with 4 tanks if you have them all. 4 tanks for about 1.6 million xp. Can’t really rely on x2s for those of us that have most American and French tier 10s 

leedozer #38 Posted 01 August 2018 - 08:05 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 41468 battles
  • [47R]
wg don't really want many guys to have the tusk, the requirements are insane,especially with so few tanks to do them,it seems this tank is only for the elitists, I completed the first 4 stages easily enough, but [edited],I'm not going to even bother with the rest,I have a life,wg are full of poo, to think this will enhance there Merc line,this just proves all the nay sayers right,the line is pretty mush meh anyway, and this is a spit in the face from wg,they at the very least should have opened it up to more tanks,give everyone a chance,and don't get me going about the gold cost to skip a level lol.

Merun #39 Posted 02 August 2018 - 02:09 PM

Major

• Players
  • 12409 battles
  • [FRONT]
I have not a single tank for this one. The highest French is the BDR G1B on tier 5 and the highest US tank of mine is the Jackson on tier 6. Getting to the needed vehicles wouldn't take long, if I would enjoy playing them and if I play excessively(from Leichttraktor to Maus in less than one week was what I did), but I won't do it. And after I got the tanks I still would have to play them to get the stages. That is just far too much for me. So I try to get the other ones. And if I run out of doable contracts I take the ones with tanks I am closer to and use these contracts for picking grinding goals.

Merun, official smartass of clan [FRONT]

Just a german guy who loves to play weird tanks.

Playing on Xbox 360 and Xbox One

Tanks to kill: 73(11 T, 8 M, 54 P)

AjaxOfTroy #40 Posted 02 August 2018 - 05:03 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 18891 battles
  • [RUMAD]
Dear Wargaming,

The Tusk is not a failure, but the contract setup for it is.  First off this contract is setup so only legacy light tank players are ready to earn the Tusk.  It adds ZERO incentive for any other players to sign this contract. I am not an avid light tank player, but I would try for the Tusk if the contract made sense... but it doesn’t. Here is why:

1. You cannot naturally grind up the tech tree to earn this tank
      - You have to have a IX-X light tank already to earn this tank and the XP earned on these basically 4 (yes only 4 tanks can be used for the majority of the contract) is then locked.  The contract does not encourage new light players to grind up the tech tree to these required tanks either, because by the time they do that, the contract will be over. The XP is not staged to allow earlier tier tanks to upper tiers. It’s 9/10 or nothing!!!
2. The contract XP is unevenly setup
     - in the event I can’t play every single day, the last hurdle is ridiculously overpriced. This also discourages anyone who wants to commit to a massive grind from signing up. Real life happens, especially over 5 months... If I had to skip one stage so I didn’t lose months of hard work, I definitely  wouldn’t put that much money into a merc tank with NO premium benefits. (In my opinion only the last 2-3 stages should be gold bypass available anyway, and a good amount of work should have to be done by then so the price could be reduced, otherwise they are pay to win setups)
3. The daily XP required/contract length
     - 1.7 million XP total. This requires every day gameplay, but not even at a casual level because by the time you factor in any real life events or vacations the XP average from the days you missed requires you to go hardcore or nothing. Let’s say the contract is 5 months ... only 340,000 a month. We know it’s doable from fatherland grinds etc. but I know a LOT of people that failed that grind, and this is 5x as long at the same intensity.  Increased contract length for ultra massive contracts just seems reasonable... otherwise tell the kids no trips to Disneyland, get a divorce, and go back to moms basement, because all you need is Tanks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users