70 replies to this topic

Akumahito #41 Posted 02 August 2018 - 05:15 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20509 battles
  • [0UCH]

View PostAjaxOfTroy, on 02 August 2018 - 12:03 PM, said:

Dear Wargaming,

The Tusk is not a failure, but the contract setup for it is. First off this contract is setup so only legacy light tank players are ready to earn the Tusk. It adds ZERO incentive for any other players to sign this contract. I am not an avid light tank player, but I would try for the Tusk if the contract made sense... but it doesn’t. Here is why:

1. You cannot naturally grind up the tech tree to earn this tank
- You have to have a IX-X light tank already to earn this tank and the XP earned on these basically 4 (yes only 4 tanks can be used for the majority of the contract) is then locked. The contract does not encourage new light players to grind up the tech tree to these required tanks either, because by the time they do that, the contract will be over. The XP is not staged to allow earlier tier tanks to upper tiers. It’s 9/10 or nothing!!!
 - This isn't the only time the tank will be available.  People can progress through the game and earn it the next time it's available.  You can earn the tank as the contract is right now with Just the AMX 13-105.  Don't even need any American tank.
2. The contract XP is unevenly setup
- in the event I can’t play every single day, the last hurdle is ridiculously overpriced. This also discourages anyone who wants to commit to a massive grind from signing up. Real life happens, especially over 5 months... If I had to skip one stage so I didn’t lose months of hard work, I definitely wouldn’t put that much money into a merc tank with NO premium benefits. (In my opinion only the last 2-3 stages should be gold bypass available anyway, and a good amount of work should have to be done by then so the price could be reduced, otherwise they are pay to win setups)
3. The daily XP required/contract length
- 1.7 million XP total. This requires every day gameplay, but not even at a casual level because by the time you factor in any real life events or vacations the XP average from the days you missed requires you to go hardcore or nothing. Let’s say the contract is 5 months ... only 340,000 a month. We know it’s doable from fatherland grinds etc. but I know a LOT of people that failed that grind, and this is 5x as long at the same intensity. Increased contract length for ultra massive contracts just seems reasonable... otherwise tell the kids no trips to Disneyland, get a divorce, and go back to moms basement, because all you need is Tanks.
There are 145 days in the contract to earn the 1.7 million XP.  Thats's 11,724 xp per day, and Daily Doubles count toward the progression, so like 5 to 6 games per day at the most.  On weekends with a longer time to play you can easily grind out missed days worth (obviously there's only one double a day but still).

Mr_Naemless #42 Posted 03 August 2018 - 03:26 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 10419 battles

1,712,400 exp

3,600,000 silver

9 days of permium

1 year of grinding.

Yeah totally worth going for the tusk......

What is wrong with you Wargaming?

-Mr_Naemless

abhiop741 #43 Posted 01 September 2018 - 08:58 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 30624 battles
  • [DICO]

View PostAjaxOfTroy, on 02 August 2018 - 06:03 PM, said:

Dear Wargaming,

The Tusk is not a failure, but the contract setup for it is. First off this contract is setup so only legacy light tank players are ready to earn the Tusk. It adds ZERO incentive for any other players to sign this contract. I am not an avid light tank player, but I would try for the Tusk if the contract made sense... but it doesn’t. Here is why:

1. You cannot naturally grind up the tech tree to earn this tank
- You have to have a IX-X light tank already to earn this tank and the XP earned on these basically 4 (yes only 4 tanks can be used for the majority of the contract) is then locked. The contract does not encourage new light players to grind up the tech tree to these required tanks either, because by the time they do that, the contract will be over. The XP is not staged to allow earlier tier tanks to upper tiers. It’s 9/10 or nothing!!!
2. The contract XP is unevenly setup
- in the event I can’t play every single day, the last hurdle is ridiculously overpriced. This also discourages anyone who wants to commit to a massive grind from signing up. Real life happens, especially over 5 months... If I had to skip one stage so I didn’t lose months of hard work, I definitely wouldn’t put that much money into a merc tank with NO premium benefits. (In my opinion only the last 2-3 stages should be gold bypass available anyway, and a good amount of work should have to be done by then so the price could be reduced, otherwise they are pay to win setups)
3. The daily XP required/contract length
- 1.7 million XP total. This requires every day gameplay, but not even at a casual level because by the time you factor in any real life events or vacations the XP average from the days you missed requires you to go hardcore or nothing. Let’s say the contract is 5 months ... only 340,000 a month. We know it’s doable from fatherland grinds etc. but I know a LOT of people that failed that grind, and this is 5x as long at the same intensity. Increased contract length for ultra massive contracts just seems reasonable... otherwise tell the kids no trips to Disneyland, get a divorce, and go back to moms basement, because all you need is Tanks.

You are right : the Tusk contract is just delirious. Everything is very ill thought :

• Even if you like the game and play almost everyday, you probably don't want to play each time US and French tiers IX and  X light tanks (and tiers X only for the last level) !
  • The price to pass the lasts levels (4975,11655 and 27300 gold) is just mere madness : for the price of only the last level of a virtual tank I can buy an Ultimate Edition of any new game !, you ca
  • You must accomplish completely the contract, you cannot stop it and complete it later. So if you are like me trying to complete the Tusk contract, you cannot get the Sharpshooter or the others Mercenaries tanks !
  • As everybody says the contract requires too much XP (and so time) to be accomplished. Why requires this contract 1.7 million XP (and many realisations more) when a normal tiers X requires only 260'000 XP (when you have the tiers IX full) ? So, for instance, as I have the Conqueror full, I can grind the Superconqueror for 260'000 XP and 6.1 million silver. Seems more interesting !
  • Lastly the many players playing only tiers IX and X lights disturb the parties as other players complain !

Edited by abhiop741, 01 September 2018 - 09:03 AM.

Once an active contributor on the French forum of WoT.

JollyGecko2 #44 Posted 04 September 2018 - 09:42 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 27729 battles
  • [AMD]
I am trying to do the contract for the Tusk, but it is damn near impossible. I have the time, don't have any social life. I am currently on stage 5 and don't think it is possible in any of the available tanks. I was able to get the Assisted Spotting Damage in like 50 matches in my AMX 13 90, but to get a Confederate medal is to much. The AMX 13 90 is the only tier 9 French tank I have. I mean I could grind to get the B-C 25 T AP or the AMX 30, but puts a serious dent in the time I need to get the Tusk. I mean I am still over 170,000 experience away from either of those tier 9's. I also have the AMX M4 45 tier 7 heavy fully upgraded, but that leaves me over 260,000 xp to get the AMX 50 120. That is by only getting one of the 2 upgrades on the AMX 50 100. Also, I don't buy out stages or have any premium time. I have been on medical leave for 3+ years and can't afford to do anything of the sort. Either remove the Conference medal requirement on stage 5 or replace it with something else. In truth, I don't expect anything to get done. It's not like they read these posts anyways.

J0zinzBaz1n #45 Posted 05 September 2018 - 11:33 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 53357 battles
  • [-NA-]
I just scrapped my Tusk contract, was on last stage with 250k xp already but can’t look at sheridan and 13 105 now (especially 105 after nerf). I’m not going to play those 2 tanks exclusively for 1 mil exp to get a crappy tier X tank or pay 27k gold for it.

This contract is not
very thought out unless the goal was to exploit some players for gold.

JollyGecko2 #46 Posted 05 September 2018 - 09:44 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 27729 battles
  • [AMD]

View PostJOZIN_Z_BAZIN_PL, on 05 September 2018 - 06:33 AM, said:

This contract is not very thought out unless the goal was to exploit some players for gold.

Agreed. 

HeavyKaragh #47 Posted 06 September 2018 - 12:17 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 52490 battles

View PostJOZIN_Z_BAZIN_PL, on 05 September 2018 - 12:33 PM, said:

I just scrapped my Tusk contract, was on last stage with 250k xp already but can’t look at sheridan and 13 105 now (especially 105 after nerf). I’m not going to play those 2 tanks exclusively for 1 mil exp to get a crappy tier X tank or pay 27k gold for it.

This contract is not

You made through half the way, with 3 months to go, and then throw the towel. Well played...

JollyGecko2 #48 Posted 09 September 2018 - 11:45 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 27729 battles
  • [AMD]

I have been on stage 5 for well over a week now just trying to get a Confederate medal and haven't even come close. When is WG going to stop screwing the players with these completely unrealistic standards on these stages. I want o see them sit down and figure out how many people have cleared stage 5 with just a AMX 13 90. I'm willing to bet it is less than ten people out of all of us trying to get the Tusk. Again, it's not they read these posts anyways.

Done. I just played 20 straight games trying to get a Confederate medal, did everything I could and got nothing. I am dropping the contract. It is beyond the ability of any player to get that tank without paying your way.

R3VD4WG MB #49 Posted 11 September 2018 - 10:57 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 22963 battles
  • [R3V]
So the contracts suck for the Tusk I don't really mind the insane amount of XP that's required but really who wants to put almost a million XP on a tier X tank. What is wrong with you WG!!!

R3V Armour Division Roll Out!

http://r3v.one Check out my YouTube Channel and stalk me on Twitter

abhiop741 #50 Posted 11 September 2018 - 05:27 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 30624 battles
  • [DICO]

View PostJOZIN_Z_BAZIN_PL, on 05 September 2018 - 12:33 PM, said:

This contract is not

How can Wargaming tinker with so badly thought contracts ? Why are mercenaries' tanks so expensive (speaking of time or of gold) to get while they are ordinary tanks ? The Tusk isn't a terror and the Sheridan with the choice of 2 guns brings more versatility !

Very well played Wargaming, you are getting to disgust all the players with such contracts.

Personaly I finally bought  the Tusk as I was in the stage 6 and wanted to get the Sharpshooter ... but was angry to scrap the contract of the Tusk after playing many days to grind this tank. But I was not happy to spend so much real money for this ordinary tank !

And now, I am at the stage 5 of the Sharpshooter and I desperately need a second high caliber medal ... with a light tank to pass the level !

I believed that we play to relax and these ill thought contrats do exactly the contrary !

Once an active contributor on the French forum of WoT.

nxL BrokenArrow #51 Posted 08 October 2018 - 11:48 AM

Private

• Players
  • 29749 battles
I love this Grind, reached stage eight yesterday and now have only one tank available, the AMX 13 105. have a full time job but hopefully enough time to grind the required 980400 EP.

jkblackhawk #52 Posted 08 October 2018 - 01:35 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 59925 battles

View Postabhiop741, on 11 September 2018 - 05:27 PM, said:

How can Wargaming tinker with so badly thought contracts ? Why are mercenaries' tanks so expensive (speaking of time or of gold) to get while they are ordinary tanks ? The Tusk isn't a terror and the Sheridan with the choice of 2 guns brings more versatility !

Very well played Wargaming, you are getting to disgust all the players with such contracts.

Personaly I finally bought  the Tusk as I was in the stage 6 and wanted to get the Sharpshooter ... but was angry to scrap the contract of the Tusk after playing many days to grind this tank. But I was not happy to spend so much real money for this ordinary tank !

And now, I am at the stage 5 of the Sharpshooter and I desperately need a second high caliber medal ... with a light tank to pass the level !

I believed that we play to relax and these ill thought contrats do exactly the contrary !

Got tusk grind done and two HC was tough and sucked next step on sharpshooter.... Don't buy chaffee or elc-bis not compatible . Tier v not register psa announcement.. Put in a ticket I hope they meet my recourse expectations.!

Will-E-WangStar #53 Posted 16 October 2018 - 06:10 AM

Major

• Players
  • 36472 battles
  • [XRM]

I am at 120k xp left on the final stage of the contract.....

THIS CONTRACT KILLED MY JOY FOR THE GAME, my favo tier x no longer is favorite(sheridan)

the grind on two freaking tanks IS TO INSANE..... starting to feel like work or being choked with insane goldprices

Formally known as: BoereJack

My Youtube Channel Filled With WOT PS4 Gameplay: https://www.youtube....FnoS605ne-GYwiA

3 MARKED TANKS:

SNAKEBITE, T21, SP1C, LYCAN, T-54 LWT, T-54

VVRR44 #54 Posted 31 October 2018 - 07:00 PM

Private

• Players
  • 27002 battles

View PostBoereJack, on 16 October 2018 - 06:10 AM, said:

I am at 120k xp left on the final stage of the contract.....

THIS CONTRACT KILLED MY JOY FOR THE GAME, my favo tier x no longer is favorite(sheridan)

the grind on two freaking tanks IS TO INSANE..... starting to feel like work or being choked with insane goldprices

I still have 500k left on last stage and I do regret starting this contract. I don't play as serious anymore so my rankings are taking a hit. I just play in the background while I eating dinner, watching TV, surfing the net. Its lowered my enjoyment of the game as I use to play Heavies, Mediums, Lights and Arty but now due to the insane final stage XP requirements I mainly play the 2 level 10 light tanks. Not worth it

Lysith3a #55 Posted 05 November 2018 - 01:40 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 14567 battles

View PostVVRR44, on 31 October 2018 - 07:00 PM, said:

I still have 500k left on last stage and I do regret starting this contract. I don't play as serious anymore so my rankings are taking a hit. I just play in the background while I eating dinner, watching TV, surfing the net. Its lowered my enjoyment of the game as I use to play Heavies, Mediums, Lights and Arty but now due to the insane final stage XP requirements I mainly play the 2 level 10 light tanks. Not worth it

Just wait until you get it, and realise just how not worth it it's all been....

I aim to misbehave

A Wild Kush #56 Posted 09 November 2018 - 09:40 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 13674 battles
  • [PANZR]
I stopped playing before June and come back to this kind of crap? Oh you can can skip a horrible grind with gold though! This is a hard pass. The merc line concept is to pad your own pockets and cater to players with no life. 

Tier X (Leopard 1, E-50, E-100, Waffle E-100, Jagpanzer e-100, fv4005 Stage 2, T57 Heavy, T92, Type 5 Heavy, Object 430,)) Premium, T2 light, T7 Car, M22 Locust, MTLS-1G14, Lycan T71, M41B Brazil, Ram II, Fury, Freedom, T95E2, T14, Scorpion, T28 HTC, Snakebite, Matilda BP, Centennial T95, Knight, TOG II*, Sexton I,  Pz.38h, P.z II D, Pz II.J, P.z T-15, Aufkl.panther, Pz.s35, Gr.Tr, Pz.V/IV, T-25, Hydrostat, Kraft Panther Panther 8.8, Pz.B2, Hammer, Stug IV, E-25, KanJPz, JagTig 8,8, AMX Chaffee, AMX CDC, liberté, FCM 36 Pak 40, 105 leFH18b2, Tetrarch, BT-SV, T-127, M3 Light, Valentine II, T-50-2,  Matilda IV, T-34-88, Motherland, Churchill III, IS-2, KV-5, Gorynych KV-5 Su-76i, SU-100Y, ISU-122S, Type 59, Chi-Nu Kai, Kaiju O-I,)  

Ghoest9 #57 Posted 28 November 2018 - 01:44 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 17333 battles

Im speaking as someone who already owned the Sheridan and  the AMX 105 before  the contract was offered. i started the contract and fortunately gave up shortly after starting the next to the last stage.

Earning ~1.5 mill with just basically those 2 tanks - simply isnt fun enough. Unless you play an insane amount it means basically missing out on everything else going on in game for 4 months. 

The requirements should be something like 500k with either of those tanks and another 500k in in general experience.

Edited by Ghoest9, 28 November 2018 - 01:47 PM.

Obsulus 07 #58 Posted 04 December 2018 - 06:00 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 32065 battles

I have a full-time job, I'm married. My wife already resents the time I spend playing this game. Grinding out 300k XP for a tier-7 tank is bad enough. I'm not going to wreck my life for the rest of December to unlock this tank. I play this game almost exclusively as it is. This tank is simply not worth what you're asking for in this time frame.

I'm not above buying tanks. I consider this game my main hobby, and I am willing to put money into it periodically.

However;

NO TANK IS WORTH $100+ DOLLARS.

This contract needs significant significant grind cuts and/or time extensions. That said; these top-tier contracts, as they are, require players to drop everything else they are working on in this game in order to grind out these tanks. Grinds this absurd make the game less fun and more tedious.

I don't have the time for this.

Silent Guns18 #59 Posted 04 December 2018 - 07:45 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 11146 battles
  • [LST]
Have the tusk

RaiBOT01 #60 Posted 18 December 2018 - 03:35 PM

(Cat) Community Manager

• Administrator
  • 3121 battles
  • [WGW]
REMINDER THERE ARE ONLY A FEW DAYS LEFT IN THIS CONTRACT!

<a data-cke-saved-href='http://www.pixeljoint.com/files/icons/walkingcat_by_thetaupe.gif' href='http://www.pixeljoint.com/files/icons/walkingcat_by_thetaupe.gif' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://www.pixeljoin...by_thetaupe.gif</a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://www.pixeljoin...hetaupe.gif</a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://www.pixeljoin...upe.gif</a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://www.pixeljoin...gif</a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://www.pixeljoin.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://www.pixeljoin.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://www.pixeljoin.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://www.pixeljoin.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://www.pixeljoin.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://www.pixeljoin.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://www.pixeljoin.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://www.pixeljoin.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://www.pixeljoin.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://www.pixeljoin.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://www.pixeljoin.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://www.pixeljoin.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://www.pixeljoin.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://www.pixeljoin.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://www.pixeljoin.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://www.pixeljoin.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://www.pixeljoin.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://www.pixeljoin.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://www.pixeljoin.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://www.pixeljoin.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://www.pixeljoin.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://www.pixeljoin.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://www.pixeljoin.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://www.pixeljoin.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://www.pixeljoin.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://www.pixeljoin.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://www.pixeljoin.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://www.pixeljoin.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://www.pixeljoin.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'>http://www.pixeljoin.../a></a></a></a></a> 

Player's passion for our games is the fuel that keeps my tank engine running every day.

"Never let your sense of morals get in the way of doing what's right" - Isaac Asimov

Follow me on Twitter: @RAIBot01 - Crew Skills and Perks

Customer Support 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users