HE or, the usual RNG?

HE RNG KV-3

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

kromhout55 #1 Posted 02 August 2018 - 07:59 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 34933 battles

Just had a game on Himmelsdorf in my Japanese HT No. VI where I took a shot from a KV-3.

This tracked me, destroyed my main gun and damaged my turret controls. Also took my loader out. Yes surprised I even survive but not for long his second shot finished my agony off!

There were no other tanks with a direct line of fire on me, no artillery in the match.

So is this what HE can do to you?

I ask because although I have over a year in the game I still don't understand what HE, nor splash damage, can do?

MASHMAN 90 #2 Posted 02 August 2018 - 08:06 AM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 36018 battles

View Postkromhout55, on 02 August 2018 - 07:59 AM, said:

Just had a game on Himmelsdorf in my Japanese HT No. VI where I took a shot from a KV-3.

This tracked me, destroyed my main gun and damaged my turret controls. Also took my loader out. Yes surprised I even survive but not for long his second shot finished my agony off!

There were no other tanks with a direct line of fire on me, no artillery in the match.

So is this what HE can do to you?

I ask because although I have over a year in the game I still don't understand what HE, nor splash damage, can do?

Yeah, HE explodes on impact and can destroy modules easily, KV-2, OI and Arty are the best for this. In my M40/M43 i destroyed 4 modules in one shot. :)

As your in a Tiger the damage is minimal but you will likely lose modules when hit.

Rubbelito #3 Posted 02 August 2018 - 08:06 AM

Major

• WoTC Online Contributor
  • 23569 battles
  • [KOALA]

I'm not sure I understand the question...

Do you know for sure it was HE is my first question?

Could it be that you got ammo racked the second shot?

Did you have full health before the first shot?

Splash damage can do a lot of damage, especially when it pens.

MASHMAN 90 #4 Posted 02 August 2018 - 08:33 AM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 36018 battles

View PostRubbelito, on 02 August 2018 - 08:06 AM, said:

He means losing a lot of modules.

Rubbelito #5 Posted 02 August 2018 - 08:42 AM

Major

• 23569 battles
  • [KOALA]

View PostMASHMAN 90, on 02 August 2018 - 10:33 AM, said:

He means losing a lot of modules.

Ah, wasn't sure if it was that or that he got finished in just two shots.

kromhout55 #6 Posted 02 August 2018 - 09:09 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 34933 battles

View PostRubbelito, on 02 August 2018 - 08:06 AM, said:

Sorry I wasn't a bit clearer with my post.

I was at full health, came back to try to re-set the cap timer, came around the corner of the buildings and wallop!

First shot from the KV-3 did all the damage, tracked right in front of him, main gun destroyed, turret unable to rotate and the loader had gone AWOL.

Of course I only had a small repair kit so doing the usual trying not to fix the unimportant things and his second shot sent me back to my garage for an early bath.

Thank you for those who explained it was probably HE that hit me doing all that module/crew damage.

Just a bit curious as like I said I'm only your average player with average knowledge about the game. Also recently I have been getting a lot of gun damaged/destroyed with the very first shot to hit any tank I'm in. :(

Restless_Vermin #7 Posted 02 August 2018 - 09:53 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 38682 battles

View Postkromhout55, on 02 August 2018 - 09:09 AM, said:

Thank you for those who explained it was probably HE that hit me doing all that module/crew damage.

Just a bit curious as like I said I'm only your average player with average knowledge about the game. Also recently I have been getting a lot of gun damaged/destroyed with the very first shot to hit any tank I'm in. :(

Try running a large repair kit for the passive bonus

Rubbelito #8 Posted 02 August 2018 - 10:43 AM

Major

• 23569 battles
  • [KOALA]

View Postkromhout55, on 02 August 2018 - 11:09 AM, said:

Sorry I wasn't a bit clearer with my post.

I was at full health, came back to try to re-set the cap timer, came around the corner of the buildings and wallop!

First shot from the KV-3 did all the damage, tracked right in front of him, main gun destroyed, turret unable to rotate and the loader had gone AWOL.

Of course I only had a small repair kit so doing the usual trying not to fix the unimportant things and his second shot sent me back to my garage for an early bath.

You were quite unlucky I must say , not only because they did so much module damage in one shot, but also that they were shooting HE at all in the first place. The KV-3 is not a "derp gun" tank that benefits from shooting HE in that way (except for this particular occurrence of course).

I'd dare to say that good players never shoots HE in that tank as standard choice.

steelheadclan #9 Posted 02 August 2018 - 12:25 PM

Major

• Players
  • 15072 battles
  • [REAL]

HE can be wonderful or severely troll you. 

The bigger the caliber of gun the more effective  HE can be. 

Also tagged with HE, RNG, KV-3

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users