• Please log in to reply
435 replies to this topic

Proflex08 #301 Posted 10 August 2018 - 05:50 PM

Major

• Players
  • 14112 battles
  • [PAC]

View PostUngainlyTitan1, on 10 August 2018 - 08:19 AM, said:

I just added a video to my YouTube channel supporting this. I have, I believe all the necessary links in the video description but if I missed any let me know.

Spoiler

Also to reiterate, I am volunteering to help out. I am a greenbean so not sure about teaching but if a warm tank is needed for opfor, bait or target practice let me know.

Judging by your recent stats, you've improved greatly over your overall stats, don't sell yourself short. It takes a long time to get your overall to look good, especially with +27k games under your belt. 

Need help? Try Wot help. By players for players. 

http://forum-console...estions-thread/

"never interrupt the enemy while they are making a mistake, that would be rude","If it's stupid and it works, it's not stupid " the Mighty Jingles. 

deadmeat1027 #302 Posted 10 August 2018 - 06:17 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 13434 battles
  • [PCP]

Some days are up and some are down, but as long as we keep advancing and learning we will get better. Or just seal club in a sexton :justwait: whatever works lol

Seriously though last week i put a MOE on four different tanks. A year ago I would have never done that. Always looking to play better.

If you are over 25 years old, play on the XBox, and are tired of running solo in MP games, you are welcome to stop by and check out Pork Chop Platoon - an over 25 XBox only community. www.porkchopplatoon.com

"Do you want to get better at tanks?  Consider contacting or joining WOTHELP [WOTHP].  This is a group of players dedicated to helping others and having fun.  All skill levels welcome.  No requirements.  Contact the clan directly or go to the forums for more information."

Proflex08 #303 Posted 10 August 2018 - 06:22 PM

Major

• Players
  • 14112 battles
  • [PAC]

So here's the thing. I just created this thread in the New comers forum. http://forum-console...your-game-play/

We will need it pinned, and I will modify it when we get the other threads ready and pinned. 

Right now the link to this thread is in there, so we may see more traffic here. 

"never interrupt the enemy while they are making a mistake, that would be rude","If it's stupid and it works, it's not stupid " the Mighty Jingles. 

thormanpro #304 Posted 10 August 2018 - 06:31 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 19469 battles
I think a good idea would be for WG to make a war story dedicated to learning tanker tips like sidecrapping, hulldown etc.

"In the name of the people of the United States of America, I salute the Island of Malta, its people and defenders, who, in the cause of freedom and justice and decency throughout the world, have rendered valorous service far above and beyond the call of duty.
Under repeated fire from the skies, Malta stood alone, but unafraid in the center of the sea, one tiny bright flame in the darkness - a beacon of hope for the clearer days which have come.
Malta's bright story of human fortitude and courage will be read by posterity with wonder and with gratitude through all the ages. What  was  done  in  this Island maintains the highest traditions of gallant   men   and   women who  from  the  beginning of  time  have  lived  and died  to  preserve  civilization for all mankind
." December 7, 1943 FRANKLIN D. ROOSEVELT

"To honour her brave people I award the George Cross to the Island Fortress of Malta to bear witness to a heroism and devotion that will long be famous in history." April 15th 1942  KING GEORGE VI R.I.

THIS COUNTRY'S FLAG ISN'T IN THE GAME.

HaloPro058 #305 Posted 10 August 2018 - 06:31 PM

Major

• Players
  • 35019 battles
  • [WOTHP]

View PostProflex08, on 10 August 2018 - 11:48 AM, said:

What are the titles of the thread going to be? And where are they going to be pinned?

Are we going to link them to the new players subforum? Or the other way around?

Obviously the sooner we get them sorted out the better.

New players sub forum is kind of a ghost town isn't it?

Don't know but we must discuss this together!

General discussion seems to be the Oasis for us beasts.

I had some ideas for the threads,

Something along the lines of

WOTHELP Trainers, where We discuss training rooms, teaching methods, ideas for training.

and livefire scrims aimed at basic to advanced tactics/teamwork and effective communication.

also for those looking to assist trainees in small teams.

Waiting for Pr0fit to reply 

HaloPro058 #306 Posted 10 August 2018 - 06:48 PM

Major

• Players
  • 35019 battles
  • [WOTHP]

View Postthormanpro, on 10 August 2018 - 12:31 PM, said:

I think a good idea would be for WG to make a war story dedicated to learning tanker tips like sidecrapping, hulldown etc.

But this could've been done already long ago..

In a way that would've trained/prepared, the novice tanker in a rewarding fashion, based on his actions in the simulator. Teaching him/her to be of value to the team. 

Readying oneself for the Crucible of Multiplayer.

z WileECoyote z #307 Posted 10 August 2018 - 08:00 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 5247 battles

View Postpr0fit0fcanabis, on 06 August 2018 - 03:26 PM, said:

To get the players you need a marketing plan...

View PostD3M0LITI0N MANN, on 06 August 2018 - 03:39 PM, said:

This is very true. Otherwise you might end up like some companies that keep making mistakes 

LOL

deadmeat1027 #308 Posted 10 August 2018 - 08:39 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 13434 battles
  • [PCP]

View PostProflex08, on 10 August 2018 - 01:22 PM, said:

So here's the thing. I just created this thread in the New comers forum. http://forum-console...your-game-play/

We will need it pinned, and I will modify it when we get the other threads ready and pinned. 

Right now the link to this thread is in there, so we may see more traffic here. 

Did you post into the clan recruiting section as well? Seems like a good place to post this message.

If you are over 25 years old, play on the XBox, and are tired of running solo in MP games, you are welcome to stop by and check out Pork Chop Platoon - an over 25 XBox only community. www.porkchopplatoon.com

"Do you want to get better at tanks?  Consider contacting or joining WOTHELP [WOTHP].  This is a group of players dedicated to helping others and having fun.  All skill levels welcome.  No requirements.  Contact the clan directly or go to the forums for more information."

Proflex08 #309 Posted 10 August 2018 - 09:04 PM

Major

• Players
  • 14112 battles
  • [PAC]
Not Yet, but I can. 

deadmeat1027 #310 Posted 10 August 2018 - 09:14 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 13434 battles
  • [PCP]
We put one in the xbox clan recruiting last september and it has almost 6000 views now. That is a lot of eyes over a year.

Proflex08 #311 Posted 10 August 2018 - 11:48 PM

Major

• Players
  • 14112 battles
  • [PAC]

View Postdeadmeat1027, on 10 August 2018 - 08:39 PM, said:

Did you post into the clan recruiting section as well? Seems like a good place to post this message.

Did they move the clan forum? Like a total newb I can't find it 

deadmeat1027 #312 Posted 11 August 2018 - 12:08 AM

Staff sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 13434 battles
  • [PCP]

View PostProflex08, on 10 August 2018 - 06:48 PM, said:

Did they move the clan forum? Like a total newb I can't find it 

http://forum-console...an-recruitment/

Here you go! Being a recruiting officer for PCP I am there often.

Edited by deadmeat1027, 11 August 2018 - 12:10 AM.

UngainlyTitan1 #313 Posted 11 August 2018 - 12:15 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 28477 battles

View PostHaloPro058, on 10 August 2018 - 04:18 PM, said:

Would be good for us to work together on this,  a possible video showcasing our training methods. 

I am away from home at the moment, be Wednesday before I am back but I would be interested in collaborating on a video.

UngainlyTitan1 #314 Posted 11 August 2018 - 12:21 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 28477 battles

View PostProflex08, on 10 August 2018 - 05:50 PM, said:

Judging by your recent stats, you've improved greatly over your overall stats, don't sell yourself short. It takes a long time to get your overall to look good, especially with +27k games under your belt. 

I can do a reliable blue with tanks I am good at, which is what you are seeing at the moment. Lots of KV 220, Churchill III, Rudy goodness but grinding out the tech tree I am very green and terrible at Tier X.

Proflex08 #315 Posted 11 August 2018 - 12:59 AM

Major

• Players
  • 14112 battles
  • [PAC]

View Postdeadmeat1027, on 11 August 2018 - 12:08 AM, said:

http://forum-console...an-recruitment/

Here you go! Being a recruiting officer for PCP I am there often.

Thank you good sir  I shall post there after I eat. 

dreadnought8283 #316 Posted 11 August 2018 - 01:18 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 2326 battles

View PostHaloPro058, on 10 August 2018 - 06:31 PM, said:

New players sub forum is kind of a ghost town isn't it?

Don't know but we must discuss this together!

General discussion seems to be the Oasis for us beasts.

I had some ideas for the threads,

Something along the lines of

WOTHELP Coaches where We discuss training rooms, teaching methods, ideas for training.

and livefire scrims aimed at basic to advanced tactics/teamwork and effective communication.

also for those looking to assist trainees in small teams.

Waiting for Pr0fit to reply 

This and it would hurt either if all those willing to train meet on eachs respectable platform to q/a, make sure we are on the same page, as well as, to advance each other too!

HaloPro058 #317 Posted 11 August 2018 - 05:16 AM

Major

• Players
  • 35019 battles
  • [WOTHP]

View Postdreadnought8283, on 10 August 2018 - 07:18 PM, said:

This and it would hurt either if all those willing to train meet on eachs respectable platform to q/a, make sure we are on the same page, as well as, to advance each other too!

You can't imagine the wealth of information the knowledge, so much, so fast, it's Glorious!

Proflex08 #318 Posted 11 August 2018 - 01:02 PM

Major

• Players
  • 14112 battles
  • [PAC]

Thread in clan recruitment is up

http://forum-console...your-game-play/

korbendallas-01 #319 Posted 11 August 2018 - 01:36 PM

Major

• Players
  • 38841 battles
  • [GER_1]
So I skipped over the last couple of pages in this thread - what is the best way to participate as a coach?

The1970Hooper #320 Posted 11 August 2018 - 01:53 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 7948 battles
  • [RATT]

Having just read this entire thread I would like to extend congratulations to those involved in this effort, as well as, the posters for the positive and productive nature of the thread. A great example of the forum.

Looking forward to some future training.

Go team.

:honoring:

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users