• Please log in to reply
454 replies to this topic

Proflex08 #441 Posted 11 November 2018 - 07:12 PM

Major

• Players
  • 17231 battles
  • [PAC]

View Postfurballthegame, on 10 November 2018 - 11:51 PM, said:

How about bringing "BACK" ranked teir 5 matches?

We proposed an idea similar to this to help with training, but there is apparently no way to set it up. 

View PostLionsGaurd, on 11 November 2018 - 05:07 PM, said:

Sounds great..now we need a way to help people that are already in a clan without them having to join another

That's easy, no one has to leave a clan to begin with. There is a wot help clan  but no one is required to join it if they want to help. 

The same holds true for those asking for help. 

We don't care about clan associations for this, just aiding those that want help.

Need help? Try Wot help. By players for players. 

http://forum-console...estions-thread/

"never interrupt the enemy while they are making a mistake, that would be rude","If it's stupid and it works, it's not stupid " the Mighty Jingles. 

Arson353 #442 Posted 21 November 2018 - 12:25 AM

Private

• Players
  • 376 battles

Sounds like fun to me

UnceasingFour51 #443 Posted 09 December 2018 - 07:33 PM

Staff sergeant

• WoTC Online Contributor
  • 39842 battles
There are a lot of experienced players out there that are willing to help new players like this. I instituted such training internally in my clan and it was a great success with the members.     I think the real way to move on something like this would be to establish training clans for new players to join and find the volunteer experienced tankers to lead these clans. Then those leaders I am sure will bring in more experienced players to assist with clan training. I think more success would be had with this type of model.   

dreadnought8283 #444 Posted 31 December 2018 - 04:22 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 6760 battles

View PostUnceasingFour51, on 09 December 2018 - 01:33 PM, said:

There are a lot of experienced players out there that are willing to help new players like this. I instituted such training internally in my clan and it was a great success with the members.     I think the real way to move on something like this would be to establish training clans for new players to join and find the volunteer experienced tankers to lead these clans. Then those leaders I am sure will bring in more experienced players to assist with clan training. I think more success would be had with this type of model.   

Well at this point I think it'll have to be thru clans to really make this effective, but I think wg c needs to come up with a competitive game play for clans an clans alone with a reward system(not ranked it sucks). This way ppl can see their are rewards that can be earned, but the only way to earn those is thru joining a clan thus gives clan the opportunity an responsibility to teach their clansmen making the game a better place.

Cpl Derren #445 Posted 15 January 2019 - 10:23 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 27429 battles
  • [DS-]

View Postpr0fit0fcanabis, on 06 August 2018 - 04:38 PM, said:

I have a plan that I believe could make the game better and is within our capabilities.  This plan would try to address two problems, game population and quality of play.  

My idea is to start a tier 5 recreational play league, that will teach our newer players the mechanics and strategy of the game.  Each team would need a volunteer coach.  Players with a blue  or purple WN8,.with good people skills and a desire and ability to coach would be the first and most critical volunteer positions.  

My marketing plan for this league would be to find another group of volunteers to play low tier matches and broadcast a very short message at the start of every game highlighting a common issue new players have understanding the game, an invitation to the recreation league and where to go for more information.  

As.an example,.tired of being killed by tanks you don't see? Contact any WOTHELP clan member to learn about spotting mechanics and also for information about a new recreational league, coached by top players who want to help you get better and have more fun.  You can also find more information at ( forum web address.  

There would be an initial training and practice sessions with the coaches where they can teach mechanics and tactics, ie hull down, side scraping, maps and map awareness.  This would be held in practice rooms. Scrimmages during this period can also be arranged.  Then turn them loose to play real games against the other teams, culminating in a playoff and championship.  

This is a fingernail sketch of the idea.  Halopro and Proflex each have encouraged this thread and have agreed to help.  To make this work we need more people onboard.  Please let me know if you are willing to be a part of this effort.  

Halo and Proflex, you better get into this thread and support the idea. 

Im here from your previous post:

http://forum-console...e-play/#topmost

But, based on what was mentioned in that last post, would I be able to get more info on how to become a trainer? If this is possible?

I did start a youtube channel with the same goal in mind:

https://www.youtube....Hul8a_9hRcgfpmA

Thank you.

Edited by Cpl Derren, 15 January 2019 - 10:23 PM.

Come watch me on Twitch! Simply search: cpl_derren

Check out my YouTube channel WoTC Academy!  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZCURXxiHul8a_9hRcgfpmA

Floorboss #446 Posted 22 January 2019 - 06:41 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 17979 battles
  • [TKIA]
To make the game better LOL fire everyone at WG. Matchmaking is rigged like hell dont belive me add the mod that shows your win % for that match and that of that day and you will see that you lose @ 90% for not paying while people that play have a 65-75% win rate. You have ghost shells, bouncing shot dmg issues, spotting issues, concealment issues, The game is broken. I have had a 2 teir lower tank pen my thick armor on my WZ111G FT where it should have bounced. Spall Liner does not work on the game and certain tanks that got nerfed need buff because now everyone can pen from the front aka T110E3, Badger, Is4 needs serious buff, china td needs speed buff. Instead of taking out maps and nerfing how about fixing the game

xXlAmbitionzlXx #447 Posted 23 January 2019 - 03:01 AM

Major

• Players
  • 23996 battles
TTs shouldnt charge players consumables or ammuntion. Its basically a way of punishing a player for learning the game. They wont change this however its something that should be considered

xXlAmbitionzlXx #448 Posted 23 January 2019 - 03:10 AM

Major

• Players
  • 23996 battles

View PostFloorboss, on 22 January 2019 - 06:41 PM, said:

To make the game better LOL fire everyone at WG. Matchmaking is rigged like hell dont belive me add the mod that shows your win % for that match and that of that day and you will see that you lose @ 90% for not paying while people that play have a 65-75% win rate. You have ghost shells, bouncing shot dmg issues, spotting issues, concealment issues, The game is broken. I have had a 2 teir lower tank pen my thick armor on my WZ111G FT where it should have bounced. Spall Liner does not work on the game and certain tanks that got nerfed need buff because now everyone can pen from the front aka T110E3, Badger, Is4 needs serious buff, china td needs speed buff. Instead of taking out maps and nerfing how about fixing the game

RNG is rigged. The MM is not, just grabs players by class under weights and matches them into games. Consideration of players could rig it though similar to how people think skill based mm would work. 

You had a tier 6 pen your WZ-111G FT. That would be called weakspots. Also the armor is not amazing for tier 8. Its decent but not a maus. 

Spall liners do work but god knows why you would run it anyways over Vert stabs, optics etc. 

T110E3 shouldnt have had a traverse speed nerf but uts always been fairly easy for me to penetrate them. The badger does not need a buff [edited]xD 

Fixing the game how? There are slight glitches here and there and most dont even distrupt gameplay in the slightest. As for removing maps. They can just put more into rotation rather than making it stale playing the same crap over and over. 

Not a fan boy. I just gave my opinion is all. Dont assasinate me for it. 

Potato QQ #449 Posted 25 February 2019 - 03:57 AM

Major

• Players
  • 21258 battles
Halo and I will be Artillery Coaches. :bush::arta:

HaloPro058 #450 Posted 04 March 2019 - 04:11 AM

Major

• Players
  • 38753 battles
  • [WOTHP]

View PostPotato QQ, on 24 February 2019 - 09:57 PM, said:

Halo and I will be Artillery Coaches. :bush::arta:

I Can't play without a TV my friend :(:(

Morpheus XC #451 Posted 08 March 2019 - 03:21 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 18982 battles
  • [DB4D]
Easier way to fix,  REMOVE CHICAGO AND BALTIMORE FROM THE GAME....

Tier X's: IS-7, FV215b, E-100, WT auf E-100, T57 Heavy, FV215b 183 (Deathstar), T110E3, M48A1 Patton, Jg.Pz. E 100 (Jageroo), IS-4, 113, T110E5, E 50M, Maus, T110E4, Obj. 268, STB-1, Obj. 140, T-62A, T92, B-C 25t, Grille 15, Chieftain, Leopard 1

Tanks I am grinding: Crusader SP, Centurion 1, Su-100, AMX 50 120, T37

Premium Tanks: Fury, JagdTiger 8.8cm, T7 Car, T26E4, T34, KV-5 , Ram II, T14, Matilda BP, T-25, Matilda IV, Churchill III, T26E4 Freedom, Locust, Knight, M41B Brazil Type 59,   IS-2, T-34-88, SU-122-44, Tiger 131, Motherland, Fatherland, Lycan T-71, Snakebite, Krafts Panther

ProPAINdelivery #452 Posted 10 March 2019 - 05:04 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 11593 battles
  • [B0NE]
One thing I try doing is sending message when I have either good close battles or I get beat by a really good play telling the other how good they did. And I also try encouraging a team when they do God plays so I can build as many people up as possible.

Derelictus #453 Posted 17 March 2019 - 01:39 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 13041 battles
  • [VGC]

View PostxXlAmbitionzlXx, on 23 January 2019 - 03:10 AM, said:

Not a fan boy. I just gave my opinion is all. Dont assasinate me for it. 

Your response is much to reasonable and informed... ;)

John-berg1995 #454 Posted 06 June 2019 - 03:50 AM

Major

• Players
  • 12449 battles
  • [CIA]

Anyone who wants to get better can message me at any time , I'm on PS4, john-berg1995 don't feel discouraged or that you'll waste my time, I want to help anyone and everyone get better at this game. Even if you're brand new and know nothing about the game.

I would love to sit down 1 on 1 and just talk strats with a new player. I'm well versed in every tank type (minus Arty I guess, though I can probably provide some insight)

We can set up a team training, where we can go over the various tactics so you don't have to feel pressured in battle. I would love to just spend all day showing people how to play lol , 
I can quite happily help explain how to do any of the following

•core game mechanics

•(over match mechanics)

•(spotting mechanics)

•how to use bushes effectively
•side scraping + reverse side scraping
•Hull down
•active scouting
•passive scouting
•face hugging
•kill securing
•how to read the minimap
•where to take specific tanks given the map and enemy line up.
•meta positions,
•meta tanks
•tank lines to avoid
•how to win more games.
•how to do damage when bottom tier.
•lots more

Just message me any time. if I don't respond I'm probably at work, 4am-12pm so I'm off mid day, and i always have weekends off. I'm not currently training anyone so I'm open to anyone who's interested.

Just have a mic , speak English (optional) (I helped a Japanese guy once. Was hard but I did it lol) 

JatemKaa #455 Posted 10 August 2019 - 08:36 PM

Major

• Players
  • 62379 battles
I understand where a lot of you are coming from - as a five year player myself I could probably teach a newbie a few things. However, it is VERY difficult to want to put in the effort when all you see is the game slowly failing. For example, I recently got back to playing after a two month + break. Nothing has changed that I can tell  - supposedly they are testing RNG being less and I can tell that has an effect (it is a little easier now to actually KILL the enemy instead of watching rounds that should do a good bit of damage do little). But all the problems/bugs/ etc. that were here when I left are STILL here. Figured that at least ONE might of been fixed, but no - WG's motto of SOONTM is SOOO true. The RNG change is a good one, but it is a test and at some point they are going to revert back to the old way. It is hard to want to improve the game when apparently WGing themselves does so little to fix it.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users