Are you new, or want to improve a certain part of your game play?

WOT Help WOTHP.

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

Proflex08 #1 Posted 10 August 2018 - 06:17 PM

Major

• Players
  • 14075 battles
  • [PAC]

Hey tankers!

Are you new? Do you have thousands of games under your helmet? Do you want to improve your game play? Trying to figure out how the mechanics of the game work? 

We can help. A group of forum members has started a training program to help explain the ins and outs of this sometimes frustrating game. We will cover everything from the basics, like how spotting and camo work, to more advanced topics, like tactics in an effort to help you improve your overall game play and experience.

Feel free to come over and join us, we have cookies. (Full disclosure, I ate the cookies. I mean can you blame me, warm chocolate chip right from the oven) If it's as simple as answering a question or running you through a training session, that's what we are here for. 

Right now, this is our thread. http://forum-console...he-game-better/ but in the immediate future, we will have more specific links. 

You can also message anyone with the clan name WOTHP as well for more information.

So far, here is a list of the trainers that we have available to help  

XBOX

Halopro058 
Turdhurdle
OldRugger51
R35T NO MORE
crestotalwhite
Almighty Tubsta
NightOfDeaths
milesizdead  
markyjmeech
MTHusker1
Kebabsaurus Rex

PS4
Chimonakimi
Dreadnought8382
John-berg1995
korbendallas-01
Irish_Ginger252
Danagah

Need help? Try Wot help. By players for players. 

http://forum-console...estions-thread/

"never interrupt the enemy while they are making a mistake, that would be rude","If it's stupid and it works, it's not stupid " the Mighty Jingles. 

tonygillott #2 Posted 10 August 2018 - 10:43 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 31837 battles
Awesome, I am hopeless. I just reached a plateau of average and cannot go any higher!

HaloPro058 #3 Posted 11 August 2018 - 04:51 AM

Major

• Players
  • 35019 battles
  • [WOTHP]

View Posttonygillott, on 10 August 2018 - 04:43 PM, said:

Awesome, I am hopeless. I just reached a plateau of average and cannot go any higher!

Hi there Tony :)

Searching your stats tells me your on PS4 with over 30k battles.

A Trainer will be in contact with you soon.

x1981 Bengals #4 Posted 11 August 2018 - 12:13 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 14800 battles
  • [FRAT]
I'm pretty bad, will you help me improve?

Banned from Bunker

Banned from WCL & RSR

Former clan disbanded by WG

3 MoE: TT King Tiger, Tiger, VK30M, T29, T32, 3/4

Proflex08 #5 Posted 11 August 2018 - 12:35 PM

Major

• Players
  • 14075 battles
  • [PAC]

View Postx1981 Bengals, on 11 August 2018 - 12:13 PM, said:

If there is something that we can help you with, then yes. That's the whole intent of what we are doing, helping players improve.

"never interrupt the enemy while they are making a mistake, that would be rude","If it's stupid and it works, it's not stupid " the Mighty Jingles. 

HaloPro058 #6 Posted 11 August 2018 - 04:26 PM

Major

• Players
  • 35019 battles
  • [WOTHP]

View Postx1981 Bengals, on 11 August 2018 - 06:13 AM, said:

You are not bad at all, you just need guidance.

I'll add you when I get online today :)

tonygillott #7 Posted 11 August 2018 - 06:55 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 31837 battles

View PostHaloPro058, on 11 August 2018 - 04:51 AM, said:

Hi there Tony :)

Searching your stats tells me your on PS4 with over 30k battles.

A Trainer will be in contact with you soon.

yep, and nearly all are average lol...thanks

Proflex08 #8 Posted 11 August 2018 - 07:35 PM

Major

• Players
  • 14075 battles
  • [PAC]

View Posttonygillott, on 11 August 2018 - 06:55 PM, said:

yep, and nearly all are average lol...thanks

Average isn't a bad thing.

The only thing we can ask is that you honestly give what the trainers tell you a try. Ask questions, and let them know where you want to improve. 

With a little patience, knowledge and making some mistakes along the way, you will get better.

tonygillott #9 Posted 11 August 2018 - 08:05 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 31837 battles

View PostProflex08, on 11 August 2018 - 07:35 PM, said:

Average isn't a bad thing.

The only thing we can ask is that you honestly give what the trainers tell you a try. Ask questions, and let them know where you want to improve. 

With a little patience, knowledge and making some mistakes along the way, you will get better.

awesome, I need an expert on map locations, and glass TD’s. I seem to be ok with heavies but don’t like the play style much. Love lights but again I’m ok. Mediums are too varied really, but I just need coaching on how to be consistent. I can have an awesome game and then 10 games of average or less. But I always play to win for the team, even if it means sacrifice or a suicide run to stop a capper and I just can’t help running to the rescue of a team mate who usually runs off and leaves me alone lol

AriaPapaya #10 Posted 11 August 2018 - 10:25 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 774 battles
I am finally feeling like I'm coming out of the supern00b stage of play. With the basics out of the way I need to start strengthening and honing my mechanics. The first part of my play that needs serious help is my play in duels. I know how to track my target, but besides that I have a poor grasp of crit points and often end up feeling like I'm just pumping rounds into targets with bounces or little effect. I am looking for general help and tips with identifying enemy weak spots, positioning my tanks to side scrape and avoid crits, when to load prAmmo or explosive rounds, general defensive driving tips (I tend to have issues backing up and taking on enemies in urban/building settings). I'm currently around the low-mid tiers playing all classes. Thank you for advice.

Proflex08 #11 Posted 12 August 2018 - 01:22 AM

Major

• Players
  • 14075 battles
  • [PAC]

View Posttonygillott, on 11 August 2018 - 08:05 PM, said:

awesome, I need an expert on map locations, and glass TD’s. I seem to be ok with heavies but don’t like the play style much. Love lights but again I’m ok. Mediums are too varied really, but I just need coaching on how to be consistent. I can have an awesome game and then 10 games of average or less. But I always play to win for the team, even if it means sacrifice or a suicide run to stop a capper and I just can’t help running to the rescue of a team mate who usually runs off and leaves me alone lol

Well, you have come to the right place. I won't go into to much detail here, but it sounds like for the TDs, you need some help with spotting and camo. Without looking, I assume you are going down the waffentrager line, which has some really good TDs.

As for the rest, that's something we can work on as well. 

HaloPro058 #12 Posted 12 August 2018 - 01:23 AM

Major

• Players
  • 35019 battles
  • [WOTHP]

View PostAriaPapaya, on 11 August 2018 - 04:25 PM, said:

I am finally feeling like I'm coming out of the supern00b stage of play. With the basics out of the way I need to start strengthening and honing my mechanics. The first part of my play that needs serious help is my play in duels. I know how to track my target, but besides that I have a poor grasp of crit points and often end up feeling like I'm just pumping rounds into targets with bounces or little effect. I am looking for general help and tips with identifying enemy weak spots, positioning my tanks to side scrape and avoid crits, when to load prAmmo or explosive rounds, general defensive driving tips (I tend to have issues backing up and taking on enemies in urban/building settings). I'm currently around the low-mid tiers playing all classes. Thank you for advice.

You are the perfect candidate for the program!

Proflex08 #13 Posted 12 August 2018 - 01:33 AM

Major

• Players
  • 14075 battles
  • [PAC]

View PostAriaPapaya, on 11 August 2018 - 10:25 PM, said:

There is a lot for you to learn young padawan. Much work you must do.

Sorry, I'll stop with the cheesy references. We can't cover everything you want to know in a post. On top of going to the thread posted above  I would highly recommend that you seek out videos on YouTube. If there is a specific tank giving you problems, look up reviews on them. Quickybaby has some really good reviews. 

You have come here at the perfect time, you have very few games, you don't have the bad habits others have learned. 

One thing I recommend is that you stay in the mid tiers for a while. A big mistake many, including myself make are they fumble into the high tiers without understanding what they are doing. 

If you're ready for a journey, then a journey you shall take. 

HaloPro058 #14 Posted 12 August 2018 - 02:28 AM

Major

• Players
  • 35019 battles
  • [WOTHP]
Less than 500 battles under your belt, I'll be add you when I come online tomorrow:)

tonygillott #15 Posted 12 August 2018 - 08:44 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 31837 battles

View PostProflex08, on 12 August 2018 - 01:22 AM, said:

Well, you have come to the right place. I won't go into to much detail here, but it sounds like for the TDs, you need some help with spotting and camo. Without looking, I assume you are going down the waffentrager line, which has some really good TDs.

As for the rest, that's something we can work on as well. 

Unlocked them all, sitting in the garage. Just need some top tips how to increase damage etc but hey thanks this sounds awesome

Proflex08 #16 Posted 12 August 2018 - 05:09 PM

Major

• Players
  • 14075 battles
  • [PAC]

View Posttonygillott, on 12 August 2018 - 08:44 AM, said:

Unlocked them all, sitting in the garage. Just need some top tips how to increase damage etc but hey thanks this sounds awesome

Do you have specific German TDs you need help with? 

tonygillott #17 Posted 12 August 2018 - 05:16 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 31837 battles

View PostProflex08, on 12 August 2018 - 05:09 PM, said:

Do you have specific German TDs you need help with? 

yeah, Skorpion g, Grille 15 both of these I know are excellent but I cant make them work consistently 

I Alpha TIGER I #18 Posted 12 August 2018 - 11:10 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 1743 battles
  • [UK-TS]
i'm bad i really need to improve

Proflex08 #19 Posted 13 August 2018 - 12:19 AM

Major

• Players
  • 14075 battles
  • [PAC]

View PostI Alpha TIGER I, on 12 August 2018 - 11:10 PM, said:

i'm bad i really need to improve

You're not bad, you're still new and simply don't have the knowledge required to be "good". You have come here at about the perfect time. You have an idea if what's going on and haven't developed the bad habits from not knowing or hearing incorrect/false information, or at least they are something that can be corrected quickly.

Tight_Fade9 #20 Posted 13 August 2018 - 01:15 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 3340 battles
  • [SRT]
Signing up for help... I could use alot

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users