Scorpion - 2k base exp, 4k Dmg, and Ace Badge

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Bashful #1 Posted 10 August 2018 - 11:51 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 24151 battles
  • [47R]

Hitting the 2K mark for base XP is always nice to remember.

This was using a US Tier VII Scorpion with a 4 skill crew on Salvage Yard (aka Malinovka). The crew only had Camo, Repair, 6th, and BiA - no vision skills and no other camo improving skills.

The most interesting part of the battle was an enemy Spz 1C that kept trying to spot when it was 5v5 at the end. We both had pretty equivalent effective view ranges when sitting still and not firing, there's was a bunch of cat and mouse type play - spot enemy, fire a leading shot, get detected in return, run away until hidden again. The Spz driver was basically what was keeping the enemy in the fight as the threat of detection kept us pretty pinned - his play was badly let down by his teammates.

The thing that broke the tie was the green arties getting a kill off one of their big threat tanks, which allowed the St. Emil and myself more room to operate. The T29 on the team was actually artillery protected and did a great job of scaring away the enemy lights - his damage might have been low, but his assist damage was pretty high as he tracked several enemies that the St. Emil and myself pounded to death.

The Scorpion is very nice tank when you get a good map for it - like Malinovka - but suffers greatly on other map styles. It also requires a fairly competent crew - having a crew with all of the detection range affecting skills and perks will greatly help the performance of the vehicle.

For the record, I also was out of normal rounds by the end of battle, so my profits would have been higher if I hadn't had to fire premium rounds at the end.

Spoiler

Very Classy #2 Posted 11 August 2018 - 01:39 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 23805 battles
  • [BNKR]
Nice game! 

moeggsy #3 Posted 11 August 2018 - 05:41 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 23304 battles
  • [GRUMP]