Jump to content


Raseiniai Assault, the worst assault in the game.


  • Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

NightOfDeaths #1 Posted 13 August 2018 - 03:02 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 28631 battles
  • 16,249
  • [KMD]
  • Member since:
    07-16-2014

By far, the most thoughtless assault in the game. Not because I just won a game on assault Raseiniai in the first minute losing a x5, well yes, but I've been meaning the make a thread on this for such a long time. 

 

It's horribly designed.

 

First of all the spawns. WGCB know nothing of map control. The attackers side gets map control at the beginning of the game.

 

Second of all, you cannot defend the base with out over extending and getting blown up to bits by all the snipers in the back because the cap placement is so bad. Really bad. 

 

 


 Screw my elders!!!!

World of Tanks a game where it's 1 versus 29. 15 reds trying to kill you and 14 greens trying to support them. The yellows are your only hope. For signature and stats visit http://wotinfo.net/en/player-stats

2 & 3 MoEs

 


scwirpeo #2 Posted 13 August 2018 - 03:14 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 38360 battles
  • 9,432
  • [CRY]
  • Member since:
    02-14-2014

I've lost some on that within 2 minutes. You couldn't convince me to defend that base even for free premiums.

 

When you attack you can just sit in it and either you earn an invader or the red team kills themselves on your team trying to kill you.

 

It's like whoever they had test this either has no idea how to cheese games or they didn't test it. Either option is not encouraging.


MOEs so I can pretend like they matter

Spoiler

 


alex0lok #3 Posted 13 August 2018 - 03:22 AM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 17107 battles
  • 932
  • [BUP]
  • Member since:
    02-01-2016

Try Skorpion Pass Team Destruction.

 

One team starts on the South East hill and everyone knows how that goes.



StLouis1970 #4 Posted 13 August 2018 - 03:46 AM

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 31304 battles
  • 23
  • Member since:
    04-19-2016
I think defending Salvage Yard on Assault is the worst.  There’s no cover.  Unless the attackers are highly incompetent you are going to lose.

FuzzySquirrel21 #5 Posted 13 August 2018 - 03:54 AM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 10105 battles
  • 1,384
  • Member since:
    10-08-2016
Hehehe I made a thread about Malinovka Winter Assault in the map discussion area.   Us defenders got slaughtered.

I’m not surprised someone else just had a bad experience with assault mode.

The assault mode is truly one of the worst things about this game.   The majority are not suited for it.   They are suited for standard battles.   The majority of these maps were designed with standard battle in mind cause assault mode didn’t exist at that time.

Assault mode just needs to be removed from the game period.




scwirpeo #6 Posted 13 August 2018 - 03:57 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 38360 battles
  • 9,432
  • [CRY]
  • Member since:
    02-14-2014

View PostFuzzySquirrel21, on 12 August 2018 - 08:54 PM, said:

Hehehe I made a thread about Malinovka Winter Assault in the map discussion area. Us defenders got slaughtered.

I’m not surprised someone else just had a bad experience with assault mode.

The assault mode is truly one of the worst things about this game. The majority are not suited for it. They are suited for standard battles. The majority of these maps were designed with standard battle in mind cause assault mode didn’t exist at that time.

Assault mode just needs to be removed from the game period.

 

 

All our exclusive maps came after assault.

 

WG thinks every map can be balanced. So here we are.


MOEs so I can pretend like they matter

Spoiler

 


FuzzySquirrel21 #7 Posted 13 August 2018 - 04:30 AM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 10105 battles
  • 1,384
  • Member since:
    10-08-2016

View Postscwirpeo, on 12 August 2018 - 10:57 PM, said:

 

All our exclusive maps came after assault.

 

WG thinks every map can be balanced. So here we are.

 

Ah okay but I still feel like the majority if not all had standard battles in mind when designed.



scwirpeo #8 Posted 13 August 2018 - 04:37 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 38360 battles
  • 9,432
  • [CRY]
  • Member since:
    02-14-2014

View PostFuzzySquirrel21, on 12 August 2018 - 09:30 PM, said:

 

Ah okay but I still feel like the majority if not all had standard battles in mind when designed.

 

They could probably make assault work on every map. It's going to take more than sliding the cap circles around tho. It would be faster to just remove the bad ones, like Reis or Salvage. 

MOEs so I can pretend like they matter

Spoiler

 


Very Classy #9 Posted 13 August 2018 - 04:52 AM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 23823 battles
  • 1,923
  • [BNKR]
  • Member since:
    04-24-2014
Assault is just a terrible mode in general, but, yeah, Raisenai is a joke. I won it once on defense simply due to horrid incompetence by the Reds. 

MASHMAN 90 #10 Posted 13 August 2018 - 06:46 AM

    Major

  • WoTC Ambassador
  • 31038 battles
  • 9,871
  • Member since:
    02-21-2014
Malinovka is just as bad (Winter especially but all variants).

i generally post more News on Twitter these days but "may" post on Forum from time to time on my Future Vehicles Thread

http://forum-console.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/205056-future-update-vehicle-changes/

 

Disclaimer Below: If you don't read it and take my guesses as fact then it's not my fault.


motor sw #11 Posted 13 August 2018 - 11:06 AM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 11583 battles
  • 107
  • [STRV]
  • Member since:
    08-03-2015
I don´t like Serene Coast (Kitamat) assault either. I really wish an option to exclude assault game mode all together existed.

Reinbach_3rd #12 Posted 13 August 2018 - 11:48 AM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 22707 battles
  • 232
  • Member since:
    12-04-2015

View PostNightOfDeaths, on 13 August 2018 - 03:02 AM, said:

By far, the most thoughtless assault in the game. Not because I just won a game on assault Raseiniai in the first minute losing a x5, well yes, but I've been meaning the make a thread on this for such a long time. 

 

It's horribly designed.

 

First of all the spawns. WGCB know nothing of map control. The attackers side gets map control at the beginning of the game.

 

Second of all, you cannot defend the base with out over extending and getting blown up to bits by all the snipers in the back because the cap placement is so bad. Really bad. 

 

 

 

It's so bad that I'm almost surprised that we don't have a Mines Assault with the cap on the hill and North team attacking.

 

View Postmotor sw, on 13 August 2018 - 11:06 AM, said:

I don´t like Serene Coast (Kitamat) assault either. I really wish an option to exclude assault game mode all together existed.

 

They probably could have an assault on that map with North / South spawns instead of an East / West. That long train track is a big problem for the side who has to cross it.



Tempest fox3 #13 Posted 13 August 2018 - 11:51 AM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 18569 battles
  • 14,441
  • Member since:
    08-22-2013
Why WG believe every map needs an assault variant is beyond me. Half of the maps simply don't work for asymmetric gameplay, one side inevitably ends up with an advantage over the other because of the spawn points.

Encounter on some maps is pretty bad too.

War is a Democracy and the enemy always gets a vote.

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite, E-75, T32 - In order obtained


WalkingTinCan #14 Posted 13 August 2018 - 12:00 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 13304 battles
  • 2,807
  • [BNKR]
  • Member since:
    11-09-2013
Kasserine assault gets my vote for worst assault map.

**WARNING: This post contains Gluten.**

non-attorney spokesperson


killer etzi0 #15 Posted 13 August 2018 - 12:05 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 52682 battles
  • 16,861
  • [47R]
  • Member since:
    06-20-2014
I wouldn't mind seeing Assault and Encounter modes go bye bye...

"When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat."

 

Ronald Reagan
 

 


Albapfalzd3 #16 Posted 13 August 2018 - 12:28 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 16486 battles
  • 1,609
  • Member since:
    04-07-2017

I posted this exact same thing a couple of months ago with video and it quickly turned into a "Well you should have done this or that" or what ever. It is a badly designed map. The Cap zone is in the worst spot and on top of that the Defending team doesn't spawn any where close to it. 

 

Roy



YoUr PaPaDoX #17 Posted 13 August 2018 - 12:28 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 12113 battles
  • 476
  • [-N-]
  • Member since:
    02-13-2014

The worst Assault map was Karelia. Defenders had the East spawn while attackers had to cross both fields with virtually no cover.

 

This comes in a close second, though.


"A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon." - Napoleon Bonaparte


f1mitku #18 Posted 13 August 2018 - 12:34 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 36679 battles
  • 2,931
  • Member since:
    01-26-2016

View PostYoUr PaPaDoX, on 13 August 2018 - 02:28 PM, said:

The worst Assault map was Karelia. Defenders had the East spawn while attackers had to cross both fields with virtually no cover.

 

This comes in a close second, though.

 

So this is actually one of the very few Assault maps where the Defenders have some chances to win. Because maybe on more than 90% of the Assault maps Attackers almost always win if they are not fully brain dead. At least they changed cap location for the worst one - Malinovka Assault and now the Defenders have a chance to win.

And - yeah... I hate all Assault games... especially when I have to Defend which is almost guarantied defeat.



NightOfDeaths #19 Posted 13 August 2018 - 03:51 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 28631 battles
  • 16,249
  • [KMD]
  • Member since:
    07-16-2014

View PostYoUr PaPaDoX, on 13 August 2018 - 06:28 AM, said:

The worst Assault map was Karelia. Defenders had the East spawn while attackers had to cross both fields with virtually no cover.

 

This comes in a close second, though.

Eh? Maybe, never really had a problem on the attacking side, usually won.


 Screw my elders!!!!

World of Tanks a game where it's 1 versus 29. 15 reds trying to kill you and 14 greens trying to support them. The yellows are your only hope. For signature and stats visit http://wotinfo.net/en/player-stats

2 & 3 MoEs

 


Very Classy #20 Posted 13 August 2018 - 03:54 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 23823 battles
  • 1,923
  • [BNKR]
  • Member since:
    04-24-2014
Tbf, though, you usually win.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users