31 replies to this topic

Pit Friend #21 Posted 20 August 2018 - 05:01 PM

Major

• Players
  • 29377 battles
  • [PTATO]

View PostJPollocksNo5, on 20 August 2018 - 10:48 AM, said:

I find it useful* in a few scenarios.

Busy enemies all around but confusing buildings and lights buzzing around? clicking auto aim will automatically swivel your turret to the one (or ones) you can hit [in theory]

I use it with sniping sometimes, as there is someone creeping up on a flank and I missed him trying to wait for someone in front of me

It's essential for panzer 1c type tanks when circling arty etc. - concentrate on driving.

it is useful when you know you can pen (nashorn) is on you late game and something else is on your right - sometimes I've mashed the buttons and have zoomed into my tank, or am looking at the inside of an IS3 when facehugging etc.

*You don't have to then take the shot, you use it to let it aim centre mass, then either change the aim, or let it go and zoom in.

We’re not talking about auto lock, which makes your turret aim at a tank. Aim assist is a setting in the game which tries to move your point of aim to the center of any target you aim at. Auto Lock can be quite useful, Aim Assist not so much. 

I hope to one day be wealthy enough to be considered eccentric rather than just plain nuts.  

ACS138 #22 Posted 20 August 2018 - 07:05 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 15348 battles

Turning Aim Assist off was a huge help to me. Before then I felt like I was fighting the reticle constantly. It may help you hit the enemy tank, but that doesn't mean it helps hit where you want to be aiming.

Glad I turned it off. Thanks to whoever suggested that (was it a Beard Guys video??). Also, yes, auto-lock is different than aim assist haha.

"Be moderate in your temper, and unyielding in your principles. Or change your mind and yell about it"

JPollocksNo5 #23 Posted 20 August 2018 - 07:13 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 29672 battles
  • [UK]

What's aim assist???

I've been playing 3 years+!!!

Pit Friend #24 Posted 20 August 2018 - 10:22 PM

Major

• Players
  • 29377 battles
  • [PTATO]

View PostJPollocksNo5, on 20 August 2018 - 02:13 PM, said:

What's aim assist???

I've been playing 3 years+!!!

Look in Settings for the game, I can’t remember which tab right off the top of my head. In one of them is Aim Assist. It’s something that’s supposed to help you aim at tanks but it really just makes it harder to aim at anything other than center mass on a target. 

I hope to one day be wealthy enough to be considered eccentric rather than just plain nuts.  

Grandpa 58 x #25 Posted 22 August 2018 - 02:38 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 18793 battles
@loki131313

Thank you for the work and effort u put in.

@ WG: GIVE THAT MAN SOMETHING FOR THE EFFORT PLS ;)

Especially this one is interesting, because I think that lots of Arty haters havent done that:

2. Play an arty line. 

Just one. I've learned more about how to avoid enemy arty, where they camp, how to destroy them, and how to be a better player in general by playing arty than anything else. Getting a bird's eye view of tactics and how other people are playing (on your team, on the other team) should teach you to be a better player. Even if you hate arty, this is worth doing. This isn't about being so-called "arty safe," but IMO whether you like arty or not, you need to understand how they think.

And a note about the whole "arty safe" thing. There is no such thing as playing in a way that you will never get hit by arty, ever. Just like you can't play "TD safe" or "Light Tank safe." Think of it this way- the red arty is the bear that is chasing you and all the other green tanks. Playing arty safe doesn't mean you outrun the bear- it just means you are running faster than all of your green teammates. You learn how to be a less attractive target for artillery.

Corporal Upham #26 Posted 24 August 2018 - 09:42 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 24996 battles
I wish I would have known about map control and the important control points of the various maps. And to put supplies in slots consistently so they map to buttons consistently.

Lines ground to tier 10: E5, E4, E3, T57, XM551, T92, E50M, BC25t, T-100 LT, T-62, 140, IS7, 183, CAX

cosmicray1 #27 Posted 26 August 2018 - 11:38 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 9662 battles
About those plus 5% skills and equipment for view range, if you have comparatively better view range, you can add lots of spotting damage and points to your XP. Can be near the heavies and spot for them, many lights go yolo-ing with no support and not get much spotting damage

MockCrescent323 #28 Posted 27 August 2018 - 04:42 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 11700 battles

The direction this game would take.

Would have jumped ship for pc long ago

Chalupacobra #29 Posted 02 September 2018 - 10:35 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 10024 battles
  • [-LOTD]
I didn’t read all replies, but save silver. You don’t have to purchase every package you research.

HeckuvaMonkey47 #30 Posted 08 September 2018 - 07:13 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 26554 battles
  • [GUYS]
Great post, OP!

ddraigddrwg #31 Posted 30 September 2018 - 10:57 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 8865 battles
  • [-SWE-]
I don’t play arty much, but I’ve only just discovered that there was an option to toggle arty view. I had been playing arty whilst holding L2 the whole match. Lol.

Playertd #32 Posted 15 October 2018 - 07:48 AM

Major

• Players
  • 18160 battles

View PostGrandpa 58 x, on 22 August 2018 - 06:38 AM, said:

@loki131313

Thank you for the work and effort u put in.

@ WG: GIVE THAT MAN SOMETHING FOR THE EFFORT PLS ;)

Especially this one is interesting, because I think that lots of Arty haters havent done that:

2. Play an arty line. 

Just one. I've learned more about how to avoid enemy arty, where they camp, how to destroy them, and how to be a better player in general by playing arty than anything else. Getting a bird's eye view of tactics and how other people are playing (on your team, on the other team) should teach you to be a better player. Even if you hate arty, this is worth doing. This isn't about being so-called "arty safe," but IMO whether you like arty or not, you need to understand how they think.

And a note about the whole "arty safe" thing. There is no such thing as playing in a way that you will never get hit by arty, ever. Just like you can't play "TD safe" or "Light Tank safe." Think of it this way- the red arty is the bear that is chasing you and all the other green tanks. Playing arty safe doesn't mean you outrun the bear- it just means you are running faster than all of your green teammates. You learn how to be a less attractive target for artillery.

I've said this exact thing countless times, +1.

It goes for all classes, if you get messed up by camping TDs, yolo lights or invincible heavies, play them and find out their strengths/weaknesses.

Edited by Playertd, 15 October 2018 - 07:49 AM.

4HPMvmm.jpg

Also tagged with tank, tink, tonk

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

MythosDeDios