35 replies to this topic

Pit Friend #21 Posted 20 August 2018 - 05:01 PM

Major

• Players
  • 30141 battles
  • [PTATO]

View PostJPollocksNo5, on 20 August 2018 - 10:48 AM, said:

I find it useful* in a few scenarios.

Busy enemies all around but confusing buildings and lights buzzing around? clicking auto aim will automatically swivel your turret to the one (or ones) you can hit [in theory]

I use it with sniping sometimes, as there is someone creeping up on a flank and I missed him trying to wait for someone in front of me

It's essential for panzer 1c type tanks when circling arty etc. - concentrate on driving.

it is useful when you know you can pen (nashorn) is on you late game and something else is on your right - sometimes I've mashed the buttons and have zoomed into my tank, or am looking at the inside of an IS3 when facehugging etc.

*You don't have to then take the shot, you use it to let it aim centre mass, then either change the aim, or let it go and zoom in.

We’re not talking about auto lock, which makes your turret aim at a tank. Aim assist is a setting in the game which tries to move your point of aim to the center of any target you aim at. Auto Lock can be quite useful, Aim Assist not so much. 

I hope to one day be wealthy enough to be considered eccentric rather than just plain nuts.  

ACS138 #22 Posted 20 August 2018 - 07:05 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 16026 battles

Turning Aim Assist off was a huge help to me. Before then I felt like I was fighting the reticle constantly. It may help you hit the enemy tank, but that doesn't mean it helps hit where you want to be aiming.

Glad I turned it off. Thanks to whoever suggested that (was it a Beard Guys video??). Also, yes, auto-lock is different than aim assist haha.

"Be moderate in your temper, and unyielding in your principles. Or change your mind and yell about it"

JPollocksNo5 #23 Posted 20 August 2018 - 07:13 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 30442 battles
  • [UK]

What's aim assist???

I've been playing 3 years+!!!

Pit Friend #24 Posted 20 August 2018 - 10:22 PM

Major

• Players
  • 30141 battles
  • [PTATO]

View PostJPollocksNo5, on 20 August 2018 - 02:13 PM, said:

What's aim assist???

I've been playing 3 years+!!!

Look in Settings for the game, I can’t remember which tab right off the top of my head. In one of them is Aim Assist. It’s something that’s supposed to help you aim at tanks but it really just makes it harder to aim at anything other than center mass on a target. 

I hope to one day be wealthy enough to be considered eccentric rather than just plain nuts.  

Grandpa 58 x #25 Posted 22 August 2018 - 02:38 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 19679 battles
@loki131313

Thank you for the work and effort u put in.

@ WG: GIVE THAT MAN SOMETHING FOR THE EFFORT PLS ;)

Especially this one is interesting, because I think that lots of Arty haters havent done that:

2. Play an arty line. 

Just one. I've learned more about how to avoid enemy arty, where they camp, how to destroy them, and how to be a better player in general by playing arty than anything else. Getting a bird's eye view of tactics and how other people are playing (on your team, on the other team) should teach you to be a better player. Even if you hate arty, this is worth doing. This isn't about being so-called "arty safe," but IMO whether you like arty or not, you need to understand how they think.

And a note about the whole "arty safe" thing. There is no such thing as playing in a way that you will never get hit by arty, ever. Just like you can't play "TD safe" or "Light Tank safe." Think of it this way- the red arty is the bear that is chasing you and all the other green tanks. Playing arty safe doesn't mean you outrun the bear- it just means you are running faster than all of your green teammates. You learn how to be a less attractive target for artillery.

Corporal Upham #26 Posted 24 August 2018 - 09:42 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 26727 battles
I wish I would have known about map control and the important control points of the various maps. And to put supplies in slots consistently so they map to buttons consistently.

Lines ground to tier 10: E5, E4, E3, T57, XM551, T92, E50M, BC25t, T-100 LT, T-62, 140, IS7, 183, CAX

cosmicray1 #27 Posted 26 August 2018 - 11:38 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 10164 battles
About those plus 5% skills and equipment for view range, if you have comparatively better view range, you can add lots of spotting damage and points to your XP. Can be near the heavies and spot for them, many lights go yolo-ing with no support and not get much spotting damage

MockCrescent323 #28 Posted 27 August 2018 - 04:42 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 12003 battles

The direction this game would take.

Would have jumped ship for pc long ago

Chalupacobra #29 Posted 02 September 2018 - 10:35 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 11236 battles
  • [-LOTD]
I didn’t read all replies, but save silver. You don’t have to purchase every package you research.

HeckuvaMonkey47 #30 Posted 08 September 2018 - 07:13 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 27289 battles
  • [GUYS]
Great post, OP!

ddraigddrwg #31 Posted 30 September 2018 - 10:57 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 9594 battles
  • [-SWE-]
I don’t play arty much, but I’ve only just discovered that there was an option to toggle arty view. I had been playing arty whilst holding L2 the whole match. Lol.

Playertd #32 Posted 15 October 2018 - 07:48 AM

Major

• Players
  • 18840 battles

View PostGrandpa 58 x, on 22 August 2018 - 06:38 AM, said:

@loki131313

Thank you for the work and effort u put in.

@ WG: GIVE THAT MAN SOMETHING FOR THE EFFORT PLS ;)

Especially this one is interesting, because I think that lots of Arty haters havent done that:

2. Play an arty line. 

Just one. I've learned more about how to avoid enemy arty, where they camp, how to destroy them, and how to be a better player in general by playing arty than anything else. Getting a bird's eye view of tactics and how other people are playing (on your team, on the other team) should teach you to be a better player. Even if you hate arty, this is worth doing. This isn't about being so-called "arty safe," but IMO whether you like arty or not, you need to understand how they think.

And a note about the whole "arty safe" thing. There is no such thing as playing in a way that you will never get hit by arty, ever. Just like you can't play "TD safe" or "Light Tank safe." Think of it this way- the red arty is the bear that is chasing you and all the other green tanks. Playing arty safe doesn't mean you outrun the bear- it just means you are running faster than all of your green teammates. You learn how to be a less attractive target for artillery.

I've said this exact thing countless times, +1.

It goes for all classes, if you get messed up by camping TDs, yolo lights or invincible heavies, play them and find out their strengths/weaknesses.

Edited by Playertd, 15 October 2018 - 07:49 AM.

4HPMvmm.jpg

Hinsir #33 Posted 24 November 2018 - 10:09 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 17251 battles

View Postddraigddrwg, on 30 September 2018 - 11:57 AM, said:

I don’t play arty much, but I’ve only just discovered that there was an option to toggle arty view. I had been playing arty whilst holding L2 the whole match. Lol.

Lol, you must have cancer of the left index finger I imagine. :teethhappy:

Blackbird Syndicate
The only BS worth listening to

#BlackbirdPropaganda

Saint LunaticV #34 Posted 30 November 2018 - 03:56 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 20857 battles

View PostHaukkis, on 13 August 2018 - 03:25 PM, said:

Aim Assist off? That's a bad advice. Maeby you prefer to turn it off but most people don't wanna or just can't play without it. I tried few games without aim assist and I sucked. Had to turn it on.

Either this guy is a troll, or

View PostJPollocksNo5, on 20 August 2018 - 09:48 AM, said:

I find it useful* in a few scenarios.

Busy enemies all around but confusing buildings and lights buzzing around? clicking auto aim will automatically swivel your turret to the one (or ones) you can hit [in theory]

I use it with sniping sometimes, as there is someone creeping up on a flank and I missed him trying to wait for someone in front of me

It's essential for panzer 1c type tanks when circling arty etc. - concentrate on driving.

it is useful when you know you can pen (nashorn) is on you late game and something else is on your right - sometimes I've mashed the buttons and have zoomed into my tank, or am looking at the inside of an IS3 when facehugging etc.

*You don't have to then take the shot, you use it to let it aim centre mass, then either change the aim, or let it go and zoom in.

Please no what your talking about before giving advise. You're confusing A.A. with auto-locking.

LacqueredBacon #35 Posted 30 November 2018 - 04:45 PM

Major

• Players
  • 29390 battles
  • [NOCAP]

Great right up.  Nothing specific but generates solid foundation to start for new players.

But I would like to add something to number 7 (being nice).

None of us are perfect.  Every once in awhile, I will accidently cause a light to spin out when I bump their tracks or I might screw the timing of a guy behind me and get in the way of his shot.

Either way, just say "Sorry!".  It goes a long way and that guy that you just pissed off will likely let it go faster than if you just act like you did nothing wrong.

Edited by LacqueredBacon, 11 December 2018 - 05:29 PM.

huricanechuck #36 Posted 10 December 2018 - 01:35 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 24048 battles
And be patient. You mentioned getting the next tank and a stock tank often sucks worse than the one you just left, the most perfect example is the T29, most people get pounded by this tank at tier 5 and 6 then decide to get it for themselves, in thier haste to get the coveted T29 , they will often skip the 90mm package on theM6,(which isn't required to move on up) then they have to play the T29 with the 76mm until they unlock the 90mm, which is a horrible experience. exercise a little patience and get the 90mm package, not only will you have already unlocked it for the T29, the M6 becomes a monster at tier 6 and can even be competitive against higher tiers thus making the M6 much more enjoyable. And although you ultimately want the 105mm on the T29 , you can at least be more competitive with the 90mm and well placed shots can actually do more DPM than the 105mm .

Also tagged with tank, tink, tonk

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users