Somua SM extremly underpowered

#french #nomad #somua

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

Dopey Snax #1 Posted 31 August 2018 - 01:04 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 26069 battles

I never felt the need to write on the forums, until now. Yesterday I bought the Nomad Somua SM and it has probably been  the worst tank experience I‘ve ever had on this game. The dpm is just horrific and I would like to humbly ask the developers to buff the reload on this tank. I took a risk buying the tank because I wanted a premium autoloader and since the lorraine isn’t an option on console, I had no other choice. I’ve been regreting the purchase so badly knowing that i had to pay $70 for it. Since I have no chance of getting my money back I ask the developers to please make the tank more in line to the PC one, it really needs some love cause as it stand 1500 dpm is just abysmal and it doesn’t deserve it, speacially for how expensive it is

Catfishguy1977 #2 Posted 31 August 2018 - 01:13 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 12850 battles

View PostLethalChancleta, on 30 August 2018 - 07:04 PM, said:

I never felt the need to write on the forums, until now. Yesterday I bought the Nomad Somua SM and it has probably been  the worst tank experience I‘ve ever had on this game. The dpm is just horrific and I would like to humbly ask the developers to buff the reload on this tank. I took a risk buying the tank because I wanted a premium autoloader and since the lorraine isn’t an option on console, I had no other choice. I’ve been regreting the purchase so badly knowing that i had to pay $70 for it. Since I have no chance of getting my money back I ask the developers to please make the tank more in line to the PC one, it really needs some love cause as it stand 1500 dpm is just abysmal and it doesn’t deserve it, speacially for how expensive it is

I understand regretting spending money on a premium, but didn't you have its info before you bought it?

Three 60 Mafia #3 Posted 31 August 2018 - 01:21 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 12371 battles
  • [RDDTX]
It def could use the 35 sec or so reload. The non-existent armor does not justify the massive 50% nerf it got. 

Official Chrysler K Salesman (Owner of 2 Chrysler K Tanks) - HMH Chrysler K - 3 MoE | Chrysler K - 3 MoE
My YouTube Channel - http://gaming.youtube.com/three60mafia 

Pontiac Pat #4 Posted 31 August 2018 - 01:52 AM

Major

• WoTC Tournaments Contributor
  • 25725 battles
  • [47R]
The tank is fine.  As of now it ranks as the #1 tier 8 premium in terms of win rate and average damage according to WOTinfo.  The number of games played is still low, so that will come down as more players get it and play it, but it's looking quite good.

Edited by Pontiac Pat, 31 August 2018 - 01:53 AM.

If you want to be one of the 47 Ronin check out our recruitment post and then send a message to Prof935 (xbox) or dimka935 (ps4).

Estimated Marks of Excellence thresholds - https://wotclans.com.br/tanks/moe

Dopey Snax #5 Posted 31 August 2018 - 01:58 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 26069 battles

View PostCatfishguy1977, on 30 August 2018 - 05:13 PM, said:

I understand regretting spending money on a premium, but didn't you have its info before you bought it?

Yes, i had considered the stats and was aware of the nerfs, but never really read any of the forum threads for reference since i’ve always felt pretty confident in my premium tank purchases. The only reference I always turn to before buying a prem tank is CaptBeardface’s YouTube videos cause he’s pretty honest on the tank reviews but for some reason he’s been MIA for over a month now and considering there’s only 4 days left for the tank to leave the store i had to make a choice. I could have waited for the non skinned version to appear on sale but the Nomad camo is one of the better looking camos IMO. Now there’s no going back on my decision and my only hope is that the developers hear us, the ones that bought the tank, and at least ease the pain a bit by giving it a much needed buff.

Dopey Snax #6 Posted 31 August 2018 - 02:00 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 26069 battles

View PostThree 60 Mafia, on 30 August 2018 - 05:21 PM, said:

It def could use the 35 sec or so reload. The non-existent armor does not justify the massive 50% nerf it got. 

totally agree with you man, btw saw your video on it, good job.

HybredXero #7 Posted 31 August 2018 - 02:01 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 34012 battles
  • [BULL]

View PostPontiac Pat, on 30 August 2018 - 08:52 PM, said:

The tank is fine.  As of now it ranks as the #1 tier 8 premium in terms of win rate and average damage according to WOTinfo.  The number of games played is still low, so that will come down as more players get it and play it, but it's looking quite good.

we know you can't talk bad about it because you are a Community Contributor...it's a hot pile of trash with that long reload, and it's slow to boot.

"Trusting the Blue Falcon is like playing Russian Roulette....with six rounds in the chamber"

"CEDAT FORTUNA PERITIS" (Let Fortune Yield to Experience)

Dopey Snax #8 Posted 31 August 2018 - 02:11 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 26069 battles

TView PostPontiac Pat, on 30 August 2018 - 05:52 PM, said:

Not really dude, it has a lot of potential in terms of burst damage but it really is borderline useless considering that you have to spend almost a minute to get reloaded. I mean, it has 1500 dpm and even lower if you don’t pen all of its shots which is the worst tier 8 dpm if I’m not mistaken. On wot console games average to about 6-8 min or less in some cases were the team is steamrolled and that just isn’t enough time to get the damage output IMO. If they would reduce the reload to 38s i would be totally fine with, but 47s is just downright abusive of a nerf to a tank that originally had 35s to begin with.

HybredXero #9 Posted 31 August 2018 - 02:18 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 34012 battles
  • [BULL]

View PostLethalChancleta, on 30 August 2018 - 09:11 PM, said:

Not really dude, it has a lot of potential in terms of burst damage but it really is borderline useless considering that you have to spend almost a minute to get reloaded. I mean, it has 1500 dpm and even lower if you don’t pen all of its shots which is the worst tier 8 dpm if I’m not mistaken. On wot console games average to about 6-8 min or less in some cases were the team is steamrolled and that just isn’t enough time to get the damage output IMO. If they would reduce the reload to 38s i would be totally fine with, but 47s is just downright abusive of a nerf to a tank that originally had 35s to begin with.

I wanted that tank.  but when they gave it the long reload I passed on it.  plus the cost for it alone is too much.  when it was "accidentally" released with the Atomic then the price was worth it.

"Trusting the Blue Falcon is like playing Russian Roulette....with six rounds in the chamber"

"CEDAT FORTUNA PERITIS" (Let Fortune Yield to Experience)

Dopey Snax #10 Posted 31 August 2018 - 02:26 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 26069 battles

View PostHybredXero, on 30 August 2018 - 06:18 PM, said:

I wanted that tank.  but when they gave it the long reload I passed on it.  plus the cost for it alone is too much.  when it was "accidentally" released with the Atomic then the price was worth it.

You were correct on the pass, if only i had searched on the forums before the purchase, my money would have been much better spent on the pre order of battlefield V instead 

donny007-THX #11 Posted 31 August 2018 - 03:04 AM

Major

• Players
  • 22905 battles
When in a light just wait for it to shoot while spotting for other reds.  Then move in and kill it.  I feel so bad for the owner that reload is a killer.  
When a man with a .45 meets a man with a rifle, you said, the man with a pistol's a dead man. Let's see if that's true. Go ahead, load up and shoot.

Funktastic Ed #12 Posted 31 August 2018 - 08:54 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 18996 battles

Each time i saw one, it got wrecked like easy, and i never feared this tank, exactly like i never feared the AMX50-B, problem with French autoloader heavies is that you can pen them without thinking too much, they are only threatning from far.

Running a T-54, or any OP tier X soviet med you'll be on contact and have a good chance to bounce one or two shots if you know your angling well, i killed a damn load of AMX50B by rushing isolated ones, if he have to aim a Moving target, his bad gun handling will be your friend, it's your chance to bounce shots and make the guy miss some, with only 4 shots he is dead, i did it… i don't even know how many times.

AMX50 isolated, you are dead, because most of the targets can survive your full clip, that's simple.

That's the diffecrence with Suedish autoloaders, they have very good armor on front wich changes everything.

Edited by Funktastic Ed, 31 August 2018 - 08:55 AM.

"Idiots dare everything, that's how you really know they are."

HeavyKaragh #13 Posted 31 August 2018 - 01:45 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 52426 battles
It works exactly like the other french heavy autoloaders. The horrific DPM is pretty much the same as the tech tree AMX 50 100. It's slower, but it's premium. I don't see any real problem with it.

Dopey Snax #14 Posted 31 August 2018 - 04:15 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 26069 battles

View PostHeavyKaragh, on 31 August 2018 - 05:45 AM, said:

It works exactly like the other french heavy autoloaders. The horrific DPM is pretty much the same as the tech tree AMX 50 100. It's slower, but it's premium. I don't see any real problem with it.

if you don’t see the problem, then you haven’t played it dude.... 1 shell less than the 50 100 and a hell of a lot less mobility. That’s a formula for disaster cause at least the 50 100 has a very good chance of relocating while on its reload. Yesterday i was plattoned up with my friend, he in his 50 100 and me in the nomad he would reload just 3 seconds slower than i did but with a whopping 1800 instead of 1500. Oh yeah and did you catch the part of 1500 dpm (the absolute worst in any tier 8)? 

Dopey Snax #15 Posted 31 August 2018 - 04:20 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 26069 battles

View PostFunktastic Ed, on 31 August 2018 - 12:54 AM, said:

Each time i saw one, it got wrecked like easy, and i never feared this tank, exactly like i never feared the AMX50-B, problem with French autoloader heavies is that you can pen them without thinking too much, they are only threatning from far.

Running a T-54, or any OP tier X soviet med you'll be on contact and have a good chance to bounce one or two shots if you know your angling well, i killed a damn load of AMX50B by rushing isolated ones, if he have to aim a Moving target, his bad gun handling will be your friend, it's your chance to bounce shots and make the guy miss some, with only 4 shots he is dead, i did it… i don't even know how many times.

AMX50 isolated, you are dead, because most of the targets can survive your full clip, that's simple.

That's the diffecrence with Suedish autoloaders, they have very good armor on front wich changes everything.

yep, that’s the unfortunate fate of french autoloaders but most of the time i didn’t found myself on those situations while grinding the tech tree cause of their mobility but thats something the nomad is sorely lacking. That’s why it needs the reload buff

HeavyKaragh #16 Posted 31 August 2018 - 07:03 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 52426 battles

View PostLethalChancleta, on 31 August 2018 - 05:15 PM, said:

if you don’t see the problem, then you haven’t played it dude.... 1 shell less than the 50 100 and a hell of a lot less mobility. That’s a formula for disaster cause at least the 50 100 has a very good chance of relocating while on its reload. Yesterday i was plattoned up with my friend, he in his 50 100 and me in the nomad he would reload just 3 seconds slower than i did but with a whopping 1800 instead of 1500. Oh yeah and did you catch the part of 1500 dpm (the absolute worst in any tier 8)? 

First, it's a premium and it's not overpowered. I see that you are a good player, now if you are in the pay-to-win side, good FOR YOU.

SaltyMcD #17 Posted 31 August 2018 - 08:41 PM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 21577 battles

If you think it's bad now :trollface: just wait until it leaves the store .

:teethhappy:

“ Never trust a forum member that uses an Anime profile pic .”      - SaltyMcD 

Wroclaw #18 Posted 31 August 2018 - 11:31 PM

Major

• Players
  • 57098 battles

View PostPontiac Pat, on 31 August 2018 - 01:52 AM, said:

the reload is painfull tho. i know i didnt buy because of that fact alone.

i would have at 35 seconds.

Dopey Snax #19 Posted 01 September 2018 - 12:12 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 26069 battles

View PostHeavyKaragh, on 31 August 2018 - 11:03 AM, said:

First, it's a premium and it's not overpowered. I see that you are a good player, now if you are in the pay-to-win side, good FOR YOU.

Believe me man im not on the pay to win side, it just doesn’t make any sense, thats all. Heck it doesn’t have to be exactly 35s they could round it out to 40s and i wouldn’t mind at all but as i said 47s is just too much. You just have to try it for yourself and you’ll see what I mean... Its closer to under powered if anything, playable but far from balanced. I’ve had good games in the 50+ that i’ve played it but the tank is way too dependent on having a teammate around with you during reload. More often than not the games are over before you can even reload a fourth time. For a tank that carries enough shells for 12 magazines, less than 4 reloads is very underwhelming.

HeavyKaragh #20 Posted 01 September 2018 - 11:15 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 52426 battles

View PostLethalChancleta, on 01 September 2018 - 01:12 AM, said:

You just have to try it for yourself and you’ll see what I mean...  the tank is way too dependent on having a teammate around with you during reload. 

That's how french autoloading heavies work. I've played all the french line, and it's exactly the same. Low armor makes you an easy target for medium and lights during reload.

Anyway, I've seen that Somua has enhaced armor, so it is actually better than the AMX 50 100 against lower tier tanks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users