#french #nomad #somua

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

Efreet Nacht #21 Posted 01 September 2018 - 08:34 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 24648 battles

View PostHeavyKaragh, on 01 September 2018 - 03:15 AM, said:

That's how french autoloading heavies work. I've played all the french line, and it's exactly the same. Low armor makes you an easy target for medium and lights during reload.

Anyway, I've seen that Somua has enhaced armor, so it is actually better than the AMX 50 100 against lower tier tanks.

i’ll reiterate myself again on the matter, traditional french autoloaders while having very high reload times, they also have the advantage of mobility to relocate which is something the somua doesn’t have and while armor is good against any that has 200 or less pen really wont work against tanks at the same tier or higher. AMX 50 100 has 1800dmg for a penalty of just three seconds longer reload time compared to the somua. The numbers just don’t add up or make sense.

Efreet Nacht #22 Posted 01 September 2018 - 08:36 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 24648 battles

View PostHeavyKaragh, on 01 September 2018 - 03:15 AM, said:

That's how french autoloading heavies work. I've played all the french line, and it's exactly the same. Low armor makes you an easy target for medium and lights during reload.

Anyway, I've seen that Somua has enhaced armor, so it is actually better than the AMX 50 100 against lower tier tanks.

Besides, 35s is more than enough time to get wrecked by someone that knows you’re on a reload so I don’t see the point on such a brutal nerf.

Soogen7 #23 Posted 03 September 2018 - 08:54 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 7333 battles
I agree it does take forever and no gun rammer available for equipment!

P6X330 #24 Posted 04 September 2018 - 12:25 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 15711 battles
  • [AMXS]

View PostSoogen7, on 03 September 2018 - 02:54 PM, said:

I agree it does take forever and no gun rammer available for equipment!

The lack of gun rammer is actually typical of ALL auto-loaders. Not specific to the Nomad.

Bad teams are in the same battle. Good teams work together! don't complain, contribute.

I bims 1 Tali #25 Posted 05 September 2018 - 02:44 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 20205 battles
  • [I66I]
According to the Wotinfo nerf barometer, the somua is by far the strongest T8 tank. Maybe you just don't ace at autoloader tanks?

P6X330 #26 Posted 06 September 2018 - 12:34 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 15711 battles
  • [AMXS]

View PostTalibumbum, on 05 September 2018 - 08:44 AM, said:

According to the Wotinfo nerf barometer, the somua is by far the strongest T8 tank. Maybe you just don't ace at autoloader tanks?

what do they sample on to get these stats? the people that play the tank, obviously. Now, if those who are playing the tank are only the best achievers, then the stats would not be representative of your typical "Joe".

If they were able to get the stats out of a representative sample of those who owned the tank, the results maybe different. And I mean by that, remove the best, remove the worse, and get the average from what is left.

I do not think you can put all auto-loaders in the same strategy bag. In their vast majority, auto-loaders, in particular the French ones, have had no armor, but they always had speed.

Typically, you burst, you shoot, you retreat. The Nomad cannot do that.

I only have 8 games in it, but being at the front line with multiple enemies when your armor is not particularly shiny, invokes some restrictions. I must admit I have not yet had time to find them.

To me, the Nomad is an interesting tank, I do not dislike it; against isolated enemies, it can be effective.

Edited by P6X330, 06 September 2018 - 12:35 PM.

Bad teams are in the same battle. Good teams work together! don't complain, contribute.

KilroyWasHere17 #27 Posted 06 September 2018 - 01:14 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 15274 battles
I wanted to agree with you and i was one of the ones crying foul when it first came out. The armor is useless and and just makes you have a slower AMX 50 100 with one less shot in the clip. But somehow i still have some of my best tier 8 stats in the game in the tank.

Efreet Nacht #28 Posted 07 September 2018 - 08:37 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 24648 battles

View PostTalibumbum, on 05 September 2018 - 06:44 AM, said:

Maybe you’re right but i’m not the only one that feels the same way. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve had a few quite good games in the tank in the 120+ battles I’ve put into it, but mind you, those games have been mostly platooned up with my buddies that protect me from rushes while reloading. The tank is just too dependent on having teammates around cause of the lack of mobility. Needless to say that I cannnot have faith in 80% of the teammates I have in the random queue to do the same for me as my platoon mates.

Efreet Nacht #29 Posted 07 September 2018 - 08:38 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 24648 battles

View PostP6X330, on 06 September 2018 - 04:34 AM, said:

what do they sample on to get these stats? the people that play the tank, obviously. Now, if those who are playing the tank are only the best achievers, then the stats would not be representative of your typical "Joe".

If they were able to get the stats out of a representative sample of those who owned the tank, the results maybe different. And I mean by that, remove the best, remove the worse, and get the average from what is left.

I do not think you can put all auto-loaders in the same strategy bag. In their vast majority, auto-loaders, in particular the French ones, have had no armor, but they always had speed.

Typically, you burst, you shoot, you retreat. The Nomad cannot do that.

I only have 8 games in it, but being at the front line with multiple enemies when your armor is not particularly shiny, invokes some restrictions. I must admit I have not yet had time to find them.

To me, the Nomad is an interesting tank, I do not dislike it; against isolated enemies, it can be effective.

couldn’t have said it better myself

Efreet Nacht #30 Posted 07 September 2018 - 08:53 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 24648 battles

View PostKilroyWasHere17, on 06 September 2018 - 05:14 AM, said:

I wanted to agree with you and i was one of the ones crying foul when it first came out. The armor is useless and and just makes you have a slower AMX 50 100 with one less shot in the clip. But somehow i still have some of my best tier 8 stats in the game in the tank.

i’ve had quite good games in the tank too but its mostly platooned up with buddies that protect me while on a reload. In 120+ games in the tank, my win rate stands at 68% and more than 2500 average damage but, again,  that has mostly been in platoons where I have room to reload safely. The more i try to play it solo those stats go down and down, the tank’s skill cap raises exponencially because i have to position myself where i can unload the magazine and reload safely. Wiith the nature of 80% of the random teammates in my games its very hard to pull a reload off without losing most of my health or even dying because I’m unable to relocate.

AndroidHunter45 #31 Posted 07 September 2018 - 08:59 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 18551 battles
  • [RETRO]

View PostLethalChancleta, on 31 August 2018 - 01:04 AM, said:

I never felt the need to write on the forums, until now. Yesterday I bought the Nomad Somua SM and it has probably been  the worst tank experience I‘ve ever had on this game. The dpm is just horrific and I would like to humbly ask the developers to buff the reload on this tank. I took a risk buying the tank because I wanted a premium autoloader and since the lorraine isn’t an option on console, I had no other choice. I’ve been regreting the purchase so badly knowing that i had to pay $70 for it. Since I have no chance of getting my money back I ask the developers to please make the tank more in line to the PC one, it really needs some love cause as it stand 1500 dpm is just abysmal and it doesn’t deserve it, speacially for how expensive it is

yep, defo sounds like a french heavy. that's why nobody plays them. c'est la vie, mon ami.

P6X330 #32 Posted 08 September 2018 - 02:56 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 15711 battles
  • [AMXS]

Guys,

In my crusade for the Tusk, I am seeing more and more Nomads around, some of them finding their way to the top of the leader board!

I would say the jury is still out on that tank's overall performance!

steelheadclan #33 Posted 08 September 2018 - 03:34 PM

Major

• Players
  • 15072 battles
  • [REAL]

View PostP6X330, on 08 September 2018 - 06:56 AM, said:

Guys,

In my crusade for the Tusk, I am seeing more and more Nomads around, some of them finding their way to the top of the leader board!

I would say the jury is still out on that tank's overall performance!

I see more good games in them than bad. 

All my friends with it love it. 

P6X330 #34 Posted 09 September 2018 - 02:31 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 15711 battles
  • [AMXS]

View Poststeelheadclan, on 08 September 2018 - 09:34 AM, said:

I see more good games in them than bad. 

All my friends with it love it. 

The writing on the wall is, that you should always remain in a group! so when you are on a reload, the adverse team will not push on you for an easy kill.

Yesterday, I spoke to a group of guys that did not have a party line in our battle, and one of them was in the Nomad. This is exactly what he said. They all go as a wolf pack, and stick together.

He also mentioned that when reloading, he trades positions with his mates, in order to not concentrate fire as the enemy would favor him as a target.

Soogen7 #35 Posted 11 September 2018 - 01:26 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 7333 battles
It is hard when you don't platoon!

P6X330 #36 Posted 11 September 2018 - 10:39 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 15711 battles
  • [AMXS]

View PostSoogen7, on 10 September 2018 - 07:26 PM, said:

It is hard when you don't platoon!

I agree, it is more difficult, but it is not impossible.

Stick with your team mates, communicate, sometimes, it works.

sergioG1024 #37 Posted 15 September 2018 - 08:11 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 33059 battles
  • [IS]
I agree with all critics of the tank. My experience as bad as other players. I’d like to have my money back, unless developers decrease loading time ar least 

steelheadclan #38 Posted 15 September 2018 - 10:15 PM

Major

• Players
  • 15072 battles
  • [REAL]

View PostP6X330, on 09 September 2018 - 06:31 AM, said:

The writing on the wall is, that you should always remain in a group! so when you are on a reload, the adverse team will not push on you for an easy kill.

Yesterday, I spoke to a group of guys that did not have a party line in our battle, and one of them was in the Nomad. This is exactly what he said. They all go as a wolf pack, and stick together.

He also mentioned that when reloading, he trades positions with his mates, in order to not concentrate fire as the enemy would favor him as a target.

any auto loader should be in a group or remain unspotted unless fully confident they can clip out opponents. 

BigHundy #39 Posted 24 September 2018 - 09:32 PM

Major

• Players
  • 9707 battles
  • [FCCM]

Update: Nerf Barometer for xbox has it 12th for tier 8 premium tanks.

I don't think this tank is worth the 15k gold, and I'm glad I didn't buy it.

And considering the low battle count, very few people bought it and even less people are playing it.

Edit: Almost tempted to buy it and see if WG will  buff it to PC stats...

Edited by BigHundy, 24 September 2018 - 09:33 PM.

I spent half my money on gambling, alcohol, and cheap women. The other half I wasted -  W.C. Fields

On the last day of your life, don't forget to die.

P6X330 #40 Posted 24 September 2018 - 10:58 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 15711 battles
  • [AMXS]

View Poststeelheadclan, on 15 September 2018 - 04:15 PM, said:

any auto loader should be in a group or remain unspotted unless fully confident they can clip out opponents. 

I most always work alone in my 13-105. Since I cannot trust anyone else. Even when I flank, I cannot count on my team mates to take advantage of the diversion to push. I have burned more than once.

I can never be confident to clip my adversaries. Ever. With the 13-105, it is fantastic the amount of times when that last kill shot bounces, while you have aimed the shot at exactly at the same location as the two previous ones.... lol.... surely, it is my imagination.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users