• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

P6X330 #41 Posted 24 September 2018 - 11:02 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 15298 battles
  • [AMXS]

View PostBigHundy, on 24 September 2018 - 03:32 PM, said:

Update: Nerf Barometer for xbox has it 12th for tier 8 premium tanks.

I don't think this tank is worth the 15k gold, and I'm glad I didn't buy it.

And considering the low battle count, very few people bought it and even less people are playing it.

Edit: Almost tempted to buy it and see if WG will  buff it to PC stats...

The low battle count coincides with my observation. In 877 battles since 22nd of August, I have not seen 10 Nomad. Of course, you have to put it against the fact that I played mostly Tier X and IX.

I would not keep high hopes for a buff. In one reply email, @Maxchaos stated it is performing above expectations.

With only 8 battles played in mine, I have no opinion one way or another.

Bad teams are in the same battle. Good teams work together! don't complain, contribute.

Jherry Angel #42 Posted 29 September 2018 - 02:05 PM

Captain

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 33007 battles

View PostLethalChancleta, on 31 August 2018 - 04:15 PM, said:

if you don’t see the problem, then you haven’t played it dude....

Got the 'non-reskin' version....I can see no problem ie plays like a French auto-loader ie second rank-support/medium range sniper. Shell 1 in the tracks, rest of cartridge into the main body of the tank, let your team-mates pick over the carcass, and rinse & repeat. 

12 games in and I pulled this rabbit out the hat....1904 base-xp

Spoiler

"Whatever doesn't kill you, simply makes you ... stranger." 

TheKitsuneFox #43 Posted 30 September 2018 - 10:34 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 26322 battles
  • [W0TFR]
Combine one or two with AMX50-100s and you've got one of the most annoying platoon I've seen in a while.
The SM/Nomad takes the first shot (which, if not aimed, bounces of its frontal plate) and then it's autoloader festival !

We've tried this twice yesterday, once top tier (poor Fatherland and IS3 facing us...) and once low tier while being very cautious at choosing our prey (poor 110E5 and E100) the track hits and following shellpocalypse raining upon the victims is  not something to take lightly.

If you keep a last 50-100 right behind for cover with its full clip while the others reload you should be fine.

All this to say what ? These tanks are hard to play on their own, but when playing in a platoon that works together it's just devastating.

P6X330 #44 Posted 02 October 2018 - 08:19 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 15298 battles
  • [AMXS]

View PostTheKitsuneFox, on 30 September 2018 - 04:34 AM, said:

All this to say what ? These tanks are hard to play on their own, but when playing in a platoon that works together it's just devastating.

That's the key point. If you do not have team mates you can depend on, you cannot unleash the tank's potential.

Bad teams are in the same battle. Good teams work together! don't complain, contribute.

Jherry Angel #45 Posted 03 October 2018 - 12:56 PM

Captain

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 33007 battles

View PostTheKitsuneFox, on 30 September 2018 - 10:34 AM, said:

View PostP6X330, on 02 October 2018 - 08:19 PM, said:

That's the key point. If you do not have team mates you can depend on, you cannot unleash the tank's potential.

Agree - as someone who doesnt platoon, I've found attaching myself to a couple of randoms in the team really help the Somua come alive.  Even better if they are also French auto-loaders.  I'm now just under 50 games in and the Somua is rapidly becoming a favourite; it copes even when bottom tier and helps counter my tendency to play overly aggressive.  And it prints silver!

"Whatever doesn't kill you, simply makes you ... stranger." 

P6X330 #46 Posted 03 October 2018 - 11:34 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 15298 battles
  • [AMXS]

View PostJherry Angel, on 03 October 2018 - 06:56 AM, said:

Agree - as someone who doesnt platoon, I've found attaching myself to a couple of randoms in the team really help the Somua come alive.  Even better if they are also French auto-loaders.  I'm now just under 50 games in and the Somua is rapidly becoming a favourite; it copes even when bottom tier and helps counter my tendency to play overly aggressive.  And it prints silver!

I really don't know when I will get back in mine, however, after 4.6, I have learned to accept long(er) reload times. And I think it is better that the Nomad's / Somua SM reload time was that from the get go, so it does not need to be nerfed in an ulterior update....

Aelgyn #47 Posted 11 October 2018 - 11:15 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 15579 battles

I enjoy this tank. I got it after reading this thread and all the complaints about it. I play it solo, had some decent games and some very short ones, but somehow, I just enjoy playing it. It helps that it's the only Premium HT auto-loader that I have - my only experience with MT/HT auto-loaders is with those from the US tree.

Engine power is decent, I like the 10deg depression and the penetration, and the armor is sometimes useful, although at tier X it can feel like butter.

P6X330 #48 Posted 15 October 2018 - 12:23 AM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 15298 battles
  • [AMXS]

Just finished a battle in the Nomad on Westfield. It was a draw, we could have won, but the reload time just gave me time for one shot, just enough to reset the clock for a draw.

I found that a lot of enemies were very bold in attacking me as there were counting to find me on a reload. Something that was already discussed in this thread. Fortunately, I got a lot of help, and survived, even if just barely.

I have not played much in it, and I am only using it because I am taking advantage of the 3x today, using my AMX 13-105 in all my French Premium tanks to fast track my crew.

Posted Image20181014_19-04-57 Nomad Personal

Edited by P6X330, 15 October 2018 - 12:24 AM.

Sledge1Swede #49 Posted 15 October 2018 - 12:58 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 50340 battles
  • [CH4OS]

The most biased tread in a long time here on the forum there are one side that rejects its reload time and one that think they are so darn good in the tank that they feel the need to show there superority lol.

Get this this tank is not good it is actally quit lame but the way WG uses balance it is according to them doing good.

The platoon as mentioned is just a lame duck with a limped leg seen a light tank of french autoloaders ever ?

P6X330 #50 Posted 15 October 2018 - 01:04 AM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 15298 battles
  • [AMXS]

This is the battle I played immediately after finishing my post above. Not an epic game, but still, you can see the Nomad is quite capable.

I rushed the KV-4 and thereafter the JPanther who were in the spawn. The matchmaking was favorable, nevertheless, when you take into account the long reloads, you cannot complain too much!

Posted Image20181014_19-49-10 Efficiency

Edited by P6X330, 15 October 2018 - 01:04 AM.

P6X330 #51 Posted 15 October 2018 - 01:17 AM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 15298 battles
  • [AMXS]

View Postsledge6301, on 14 October 2018 - 06:58 PM, said:

The most biased tread in a long time here on the forum there are one side that rejects its reload time and one that think they are so darn good in the tank that they feel the need to show there superority lol.

Get this this tank is not good it is actally quit lame but the way WG uses balance it is according to them doing good.

The platoon as mentioned is just a lame duck with a limped leg seen a light tank of french autoloaders ever ?

The most biased thread? where did you get that impression? the opinions are mixed, like for many other tanks. It is not unique to the Nomad/Somua SM.

I do not think anybody here has said that tank was only good because of them. It is not an easy tank to play, especially because of the long reloads. Now, if you can work your way around it, is not completely hopeless.

When you are saying "Get this, this tank is not good", do you own the tank? have you played it? on what do you base your opinion?

I don't fully understand your reference to the french auto-loaders, but if you care to elaborate, then I shall be happy to continue this discussion.

KajitaBerlin #52 Posted 23 October 2018 - 05:59 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 16292 battles

I have like 38 Premium tanks  most of them are tier 8. The Somad became my nr.1 Premium tank, for it's amazing clip potential. Even tier9 meds are one clip deaths if you penetrade all shots. I love this tank, although you need some good teamplayers to support you and no, its not easy to play tank.

Sledge1Swede #53 Posted 23 October 2018 - 07:26 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 50340 battles
  • [CH4OS]

View PostP6X330, on 06 September 2018 - 12:34 PM, said:

what do they sample on to get these stats? the people that play the tank, obviously. Now, if those who are playing the tank are only the best achievers, then the stats would not be representative of your typical "Joe".

If they were able to get the stats out of a representative sample of those who owned the tank, the results maybe different. And I mean by that, remove the best, remove the worse, and get the average from what is left.

I do not think you can put all auto-loaders in the same strategy bag. In their vast majority, auto-loaders, in particular the French ones, have had no armor, but they always had speed.

Typically, you burst, you shoot, you retreat. The Nomad cannot do that.

I only have 8 games in it, but being at the front line with multiple enemies when your armor is not particularly shiny, invokes some restrictions. I must admit I have not yet had time to find them.

To me, the Nomad is an interesting tank, I do not dislike it; against isolated enemies, it can be effective.

Spot on this is Nomad compared to other VIII by player base not tankplay unicom vs unicom or Nomad vs engaged battle because the tank have no chance of retriet to reload.

It is good for silver but thats it.

Sledge1Swede #54 Posted 23 October 2018 - 09:59 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 50340 battles
  • [CH4OS]

View PostP6X330, on 15 October 2018 - 01:17 AM, said:

The most biased thread? where did you get that impression? the opinions are mixed, like for many other tanks. It is not unique to the Nomad/Somua SM.

I do not think anybody here has said that tank was only good because of them. It is not an easy tank to play, especially because of the long reloads. Now, if you can work your way around it, is not completely hopeless.

When you are saying "Get this, this tank is not good", do you own the tank? have you played it? on what do you base your opinion?

I don't fully understand your reference to the french auto-loaders, but if you care to elaborate, then I shall be happy to continue this discussion.

Ok man i have every autoloader in the game except the looraine so i get that some thinks the Samoa are ok but compared to the French original it is a lame duck the only positives is a bit better frontal armor but whith a loss of one shoot in the drum.

My reasoning is my experience actually comparing my gameplay in comparents to Nomad vs any other autoloading tank with simular playstyle.

conclusion it makes more silver thats it.

P6X330 #55 Posted 23 October 2018 - 11:40 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 15298 battles
  • [AMXS]

View Postsledge6301, on 23 October 2018 - 03:59 AM, said:

Ok man i have every autoloader in the game except the looraine so i get that some thinks the Samoa are ok but compared to the French original it is a lame duck the only positives is a bit better frontal armor but whith a loss of one shoot in the drum.

My reasoning is my experience actually comparing my gameplay in comparents to Nomad vs any other autoloading tank with simular playstyle.

conclusion it makes more silver thats it.

Ok, there I cannot say much, because I do not own any heavy French auto-loader, just yet. This will be next, after I finish my Tusk crusade.

donny007-THX #56 Posted 24 October 2018 - 02:22 AM

Major

• Players
  • 21436 battles
I did not buy Nomad after reviewing the French, Czech and American auto loaders in the TT.  In looking at the stats I believe there are better tanks to be had in the TT.  Shorter reload times and better speed.  Yes there are some sacrifices in armor but honestly armor can be very fickle and prammo is going to pen.
When a man with a .45 meets a man with a rifle, you said, the man with a pistol's a dead man. Let's see if that's true. Go ahead, load up and shoot.

Sledge1Swede #57 Posted 24 October 2018 - 03:56 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 50340 battles
  • [CH4OS]

View PostP6X330, on 23 October 2018 - 11:40 PM, said:

Ok, there I cannot say much, because I do not own any heavy French auto-loader, just yet. This will be next, after I finish my Tusk crusade.

Ok good luck start a crew get it up to atleast 10 perk/skills go the Heavy line in that case you end up with the 50B and that is still the king even after the  nerf.

The line will also lead to the new heavy tank line soon to be released it will start from tierVII.

P6X330 #58 Posted 24 October 2018 - 11:19 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 15298 battles
  • [AMXS]

View Postsledge6301, on 24 October 2018 - 09:56 AM, said:

Ok good luck start a crew get it up to atleast 10 perk/skills go the Heavy line in that case you end up with the 50B and that is still the king even after the  nerf.

The line will also lead to the new heavy tank line soon to be released it will start from tierVII.

I have got a routine to fast track my French crews once I get the minimum four, I put them into the AMX Chaffee, and they improve pretty fast, until they get to 8. Then it slows down considerably.

Sledge1Swede #59 Posted 25 October 2018 - 07:51 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 50340 battles
  • [CH4OS]

View PostP6X330, on 24 October 2018 - 11:19 PM, said:

I have got a routine to fast track my French crews once I get the minimum four, I put them into the AMX Chaffee, and they improve pretty fast, until they get to 8. Then it slows down considerably.

AMX Chaffe is a good tank just sorry WG decided to creep it i use crew boost 6x after nr 8 it helps.

mockney_piers #60 Posted 26 November 2018 - 10:47 AM

Major

• Players
  • 9481 battles
  • [FILTH]

it's popularity is plummetting since release, but is still above the tier 8 heavy mean.

and average damage above that of the defender.

Doesn't look very lame ducky to me.

Only had 2 games since i got it. First game i was only bottom tier in an X, that wasn't much fun. Second game top tier, but agasint a red team that fully crumbled by the time i had managed to reload my second clip.

I sense that it'll be a frustrating beast, all feast or famine, but i like that its eccentric.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users