Ai seems to be making new decisions sometimes smarter ones

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

BreezyModsGtA #1 Posted 31 August 2018 - 06:01 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 3225 battles
Anyone else play war stories often to train fresh sixth senseless crews?

PLK180W #2 Posted 31 January 2019 - 11:59 AM

Major

• Players
  • 61 battles
Yes.
Through The Mud And Blood To The Green Fields Beyond

Albapfalzd3 #3 Posted 01 February 2019 - 03:18 PM

Major

• Players
  • 22929 battles

Yes I run war stories to get some additional training on my crews. It takes longer though so I only do it when I am bored with Multi Player and have a crew that is close to finishing a skill. I am confused though, wondering why your post title has nothing to do with your actual post. 

Roy

PLK180W #4 Posted 03 February 2019 - 02:32 AM

Major

• Players
  • 61 battles

View PostAlbapfalzd3, on 01 February 2019 - 03:18 PM, said:

Yes I run war stories to get some additional training on my crews. It takes longer though so I only do it when I am bored with Multi Player and have a crew that is close to finishing a skill. I am confused though, wondering why your post title has nothing to do with your actual post. 

Roy

Sometimes when I'm finished work in the morning, there's less then 4K on both servers so I'll wind down with a few runs with new crews in Premiums with some boosts active, a few matches here and there and it doesn't take that to long to get SS on a crew, i even use  Elited low tier TT tanks as ad hoc trainers when I haven't a low tier Premium for that nation

Through The Mud And Blood To The Green Fields Beyond

JelliedPenny08 #5 Posted 06 February 2019 - 11:14 AM

Major

• Players
  • 16200 battles

Yes, if you've done them before then you have a range of tanks to get the extra X2s on that only apply for War Stories. I tend to use the Petit Tigre because most of my French premiums are still awful raw crew trainers. Either light tanks, tier 8s or the low tier arty /TD aren't fun to play with raw crews. 

I also thought the other day the bots had been tweaked again. 

pilotguy79 #6 Posted 08 February 2019 - 04:17 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 17696 battles
  • [LIP]
what does crew training have to do with the AI?

Albapfalzd3 #7 Posted 19 February 2019 - 05:19 PM

Major

• Players
  • 22929 battles

View PostJelliedPenny08, on 06 February 2019 - 11:14 AM, said:

Yes, if you've done them before then you have a range of tanks to get the extra X2s on that only apply for War Stories. I tend to use the Petit Tigre because most of my French premiums are still awful raw crew trainers. Either light tanks, tier 8s or the low tier arty /TD aren't fun to play with raw crews. 

I also thought the other day the bots had been tweaked again. 

I too like the Petit Tigre as it is a brute with that reload speed. As for the Bots, they are getting ridiculously good. Especially at Hitting and Penetrating. They also Cheat. I was playing the Final Chapter of Brothers in Arms. I was on the ridge where the TDs are that you need to destroy overlooking the final objective. Some of the Reds there were visible and I was undetected. There was a Panther II looking away from me when I fired a shot at it. It turned around and nailed me with a blind shot. I still was not detected and it shouldn't have been able to see where my shot came from as it was not facing me but it still managed to hit me.  

View Postpilotguy79, on 08 February 2019 - 04:17 AM, said:

I asked the same thing. 

Roy

JelliedPenny08 #8 Posted 20 February 2019 - 11:20 AM

Major

• Players
  • 16200 battles

View Postpilotguy79, on 08 February 2019 - 04:17 AM, said:

I think there are a couple of kinds of players going up against AI Bots in PVE.Those needing a break from MP PVP for whatever reason. 

But probably a much larger group uses War Stories and Proving Grounds for testing new tanks and training new crews where you won't be a potential burden to your team. There are other reasons that add to it - nations with a lack of good low tier premium trainers (personally for me French and Chinese). But those nations may have good tier 7-8 premiums that areI usable against bots when you have a raw crew. Or for extra x2s for tanks like the Petit Tigre or Trinity. 

I see the Bot AI competency as being pitted directly against raw training potential. I have always questioned that and why WG keeps buffing the Bots. I understand having a harder difficulty mode for experienced players wanting a change scene - but think the default for bots should cater to new and less experienced players. Or even raw crews, unfamiliar tanks etc. 

View PostAlbapfalzd3, on 19 February 2019 - 05:19 PM, said:

I too like the Petit Tigre as it is a brute with that reload speed. As for the Bots, they are getting ridiculously good. Especially at Hitting and Penetrating. They also Cheat. I was playing the Final Chapter of Brothers in Arms. I was on the ridge where the TDs are that you need to destroy overlooking the final objective. Some of the Reds there were visible and I was undetected. There was a Panther II looking away from me when I fired a shot at it. It turned around and nailed me with a blind shot. I still was not detected and it shouldn't have been able to see where my shot came from as it was not facing me but it still managed to hit me.  

asked the same thing. 

Roy

The blind firing is a good example of how the bots have been buffed. Another is when they get a string of critical module hits against you. It's unfortunate and they do miss, but I think at some point some work has been done to make them more accurate and the unexpected result is that the bots blindfire snapshot you from outside of their viewrangev in ways that  many players would struggle to do. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users