How to get new players and keep some of them.

New players

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

u_NPC_gash #1 Posted 03 September 2018 - 06:39 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 15598 battles
WG give new players free repairs and ammo for their first 300 multiplayer battles , then a 50 percent discount on their next 200 battles.

jprs201024 #2 Posted 03 September 2018 - 08:20 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 35735 battles

It's sample to solve the problem for the new players:

1. Between tiers 1 to 5, the players can't use premium ammo

2. and Between tiers 1 to 5, the players can't use very well trained crews (with 5 ou 6 or plus skills).

With this two things, the number of old players that like go to the lower tier to do seal clubbing will reduce...

Edited by jprs201024, 03 September 2018 - 08:21 AM.

u_NPC_gash #3 Posted 03 September 2018 - 08:55 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 15598 battles

Your 2 ideas are good. What do you think about giving new players more of a incentive to keep playing?

oGxRaaRaa #4 Posted 03 September 2018 - 07:10 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 18485 battles
I think the biggest problem for new players is that the game's core explanation isn't amazing. A tutorial of sorts. It doesn't explain enough well in my opinion and that leaves players confused if they come from a game that is essentially much simpler. I do agree that seal clubbers are also annoying for new players, and part of that problem could be resolved not selling low tiers that much, to negate the amount of prems. For instance the T1E6 X is an amazing seal clubbing tank but no one has it that plays them all the time, so it make's sense. Whereas other low tiers are sold often and this is bad for beginners. 

Check me out on twitch! https://twitch/tv/RaaRaa_xD  [MAHOU] on PC (Best Team NA), 5k Recents on Xbox when i decide to play :D

3rd Marks 

Spoiler

jprs201024 #5 Posted 03 September 2018 - 08:10 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 35735 battles

View Postlibs-are_[edited], on 03 September 2018 - 08:55 AM, said:

Your 2 ideas are good. What do you think about giving new players more of a incentive to keep playing?

Well, four year ago when I started to play WoT, there was incentives, like operations where we won little amounts of gold and thinks like that. This helps a lot, when we are starting playing the game.

Warthog II #6 Posted 03 September 2018 - 09:43 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 43505 battles
  • [KMD]

They could make equipment on low tier tanks gratis for a certain number of games and/or days since account creation.

Or have an option, similar to camo, where silver can rent equipment for a certain time frame or battle count.

Some people claim Ensk should be tier restricted.   I don't believe their lies. 

Imagine if this forum had only players who actually win more than lose trying to tell others how to play. Would be the best forum ever. Instead, we have a bunch of bad advice from players who lose more often than not trying to tell their betters how to play their tanks.

miju irl #7 Posted 13 September 2018 - 01:20 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 16330 battles
  • [IRL]

View PostWarthog II, on 03 September 2018 - 09:43 PM, said:

They could make equipment on low tier tanks gratis for a certain number of games and/or days since account creation.

Or have an option, similar to camo, where silver can rent equipment for a certain time frame or battle count.

Definitely this. A new player in the same tank is already at a disadvantage because lack of knowledge/ skill. It is made even worse if the enemy tank has 700k silver worth of equipment in their tank also.

steelheadclan #8 Posted 13 September 2018 - 02:13 PM

Major

• Players
  • 15438 battles
  • [REAL]

View Postmiju irl, on 13 September 2018 - 05:20 AM, said:

Definitely this. A new player in the same tank is already at a disadvantage because lack of knowledge/ skill. It is made even worse if the enemy tank has 700k silver worth of equipment in their tank also.

a buddy of mine recently started wot on Xbox 

I came to his house to give him some pointers. 

He had no equipment 

No med or repair kits

No skills(he didn’t know what the plus meant)

bad ammo selection 

13000+ games ago I was him,,,,,a doomed tomato.

Seriously,,,,,,if your the type the wants to perform well it takes some fortitude as the learning curve can be steep in this game. 

Maps

weak spots 

tank speeds

gun capability’s 

reload times

movement trends

positioning

map awareness 

defense positions 

spotting positions 

hull down positions 

and still more things to learn. 

Or or you drink a sixpack and a few whiskey and cokes and play tanks in your platoon with a average win rate in the 40’s and not give a damn. 

I personally like a challenge

try being competitive in fly casting competitions,,,,,that takes some dedication. 

So I show my buddy map reading, the concept of cover and peek a boom. 

How vision and camo works. 

Usefull map positions 

how to study armor profiles 

the importance of patience

and some of the tech tree gems. 

So if you see an awful noob player in a three marked T67(took me 70 games to three mark it) you can shoot him and blame me. 

In the beginning wargaming should set up a new players initiation like war stories with info about skills, equipment, kits and some other important info. 

Basicly now all you learn is movement and shooting skills and this game requires more than that. 

Also tagged with New players

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users