• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

z WileECoyote z #21 Posted 06 September 2018 - 04:52 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 9759 battles
  • [KOALA]

View PostSammael85, on 04 September 2018 - 02:10 PM, said:

That was the thing i was thinking for it, glad to hear it anyway ;)

In my own point of view, i see the things like this, The Supa-dupa-Conqueror is a proper heavy, the Chieftain a proper cold war MBT with a playstyle between a slow medium and a support heavy, and the Fv215b (120), as it should be called like this, something strange with a weird combo of things, making it worse to understand but not exactly bad as it is...

To give you context to my frustration with the Chieftain. I many times have to play the heavy role in a Chieftain do to teammate behavior or map selection, especially in capture the flag mode. Not to say I don't make mistakes or don't play it right when I have the opportunity to play it right. I love the Chieftain and its play style. Also in Clan Wars I had to play Chieftain because its my only T10 I have. But, this will get remedied in a few day because I'm 2 mil away from SQ.

TsprinTs #22 Posted 07 September 2018 - 02:29 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 38538 battles

Being an average player I do much better in my Chief than my SC.

SC has better upper armor.  

Chief has better gun, better dpm, better mobility, apcr and HESH.

There is a scret with its HESH.  If there is a super hvy you cannot pen its front, shoot HESH at its gun. You can break its gun very easily. Once you break it 3 times he is pretty much harmless. And its HESH cause lots of module or crew dmg.  Also very effective against lights.  I had cheap out a pw ViI from breaking his gun to death and that guy got salty and sent me hate mail ( but not all tanks work. You need to shoot at the right spot)

I used to complain the Chief being slow.  But now I just cannot believe rhe SC is much slower.

Both tanks needs hull down and the Chief can get to the hull down spot much quicker.

Arty loves both tanks but I found Arty loves SC more.

I my opinion the SC is way too slow. Turret  tranverse, ammo speed  aiming speed.  Basically a Chief in slow motion but have more armor.

xxFINIDITCHEVxx #23 Posted 20 September 2018 - 09:06 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 671 battles

It's plop. The tier 9 Conquerer is a better tank in a tier 10 battle. How is a tier 9 turret better than the tier 10! Someone must have some win rate stats. That is normally the final arbiter.

My one is up for sale by the way. I'll take 5M silver. Comes with Rammer, Vents and Spall liner. Lovely paint jobs for all scenarios and very low mileage.

Bad points:

inside of the tank needs a full valet. Quite a lot of heavy red staining around the inside of the cupola and some unpleasant brown staining on the other crew seats.

The gun seems to be around 124mm bore. This means that on occasion your 120mm depleted uranium SABOT will rattle down the barrel and go a bit, well squiffy.

In order to allow a bit more off road performance, the armor has been replaced with aluminium on the hull and turret. Armor is overrated on heavy tanks anyway. 

It really looks the part. Probably the best looking tank in the game, a real head turner. Would make an ideal Gategaurd or strip it down to make some Mercs.

xxFINIDITCHEVxx #24 Posted 21 September 2018 - 05:18 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 671 battles
Had a thought today about the Chieftain gameplay. I do better in the Conquerer at tier ten than I do with the Chieftain. I think that it may be due to the fact that the rate of fire on the Conquerer is lower and encourages me to retreat after every shot. I feel that the gun is more accurate on the Conquerer than the Chieftain, which surely isn't right. I always felt that my 103 was a better tank than the Chieftain in a tier ten battle before I re-purchased the Conquerer as well. I'll dig out my stats and see if its psychological.

xxFINIDITCHEVxx #25 Posted 21 September 2018 - 05:32 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 671 battles

View PostxxFINIDITCHEVxx, on 06 September 2018 - 06:04 AM, said:

The Chieftain is not a tier ten heavy, it is something else. More of a super medium or in fact a light heavy. The Super Conquerer is more of a tier ten heavy. I was useless in the Chieftain when I played it as a heavy, but had more success when I played it like a Centurion AX. The recent Buff to the AX has made the Chieftain obsolete in my garage and I will probably try to get the Super Conquerer and try that out. Some of my decent games in the Chieftain came about from going rage yolo and throwing Hesh around like confetti after driving through the line. 

OK, I have checked my stats (which I never normally do because I know I am gash) and it confirms my thoughts above. I have better all round stats in the Conquerer and M103 than the Chieftain. Interestingly, my Action X stats are much better as well which I would never have thought of. I do much more damage per game in the tier ten medium than the heavy. Is that normal with less alpha?

BrendenF-99 #26 Posted 24 September 2018 - 11:14 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 31795 battles
  • [-ALF-]

View PostxxFINIDITCHEVxx, on 21 September 2018 - 05:18 PM, said:

Had a thought today about the Chieftain gameplay. I do better in the Conquerer at tier ten than I do with the Chieftain. I think that it may be due to the fact that the rate of fire on the Conquerer is lower and encourages me to retreat after every shot. I feel that the gun is more accurate on the Conquerer than the Chieftain, which surely isn't right. I always felt that my 103 was a better tank than the Chieftain in a tier ten battle before I re-purchased the Conquerer as well. I'll dig out my stats and see if its psychological.

your probably hitting more shots with the Conqueror because the dispersion stats are slightly better than the chieftain, meaning that even though your accuracy stat isn't as good the better dispersion means that your shells are travelling closer to the center of your aim circle each shot in the Conqueror, thats probably why your hitting more shots

View PostxxFINIDITCHEVxx, on 21 September 2018 - 05:32 PM, said:

OK, I have checked my stats (which I never normally do because I know I am gash) and it confirms my thoughts above. I have better all round stats in the Conquerer and M103 than the Chieftain. Interestingly, my Action X stats are much better as well which I would never have thought of. I do much more damage per game in the tier ten medium than the heavy. Is that normal with less alpha?

you could be doing more damage in the AX because you have better speed than the Chieftain, so if you are losing a side you can relocate better to another part of map and stay alive a bit longer, and the longer your alive the more your chance of increasing your damage

Koncorde #27 Posted 25 September 2018 - 06:51 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 24921 battles

AX ridge lines better now because of improved turret, and superior power to weight meaning it can roll up and down ridges, and re-position much more quickly.

Conqueror and Super Conq are better hull down than Chieftain just because the turret is pretty resilient when they do peak (and the slower move speed makes for more reliable gun aiming time / bloom).

FV215B is in a funny position of being made somewhat obsolete by the more traditional Super Conq. It's still technically superior in a few ways, but exploiting it is situational.

Chieftain is an odd combo. Now has a weaker turret than the AX. Less engine power. Comparable gun. Rest of armour profile is superior but still not worth anything in a gun fight.

xxFINIDITCHEVxx #28 Posted 26 September 2018 - 09:12 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 671 battles

View PostBrendenF-99, on 24 September 2018 - 11:14 PM, said:

your probably hitting more shots with the Conqueror because the dispersion stats are slightly better than the chieftain, meaning that even though your accuracy stat isn't as good the better dispersion means that your shells are travelling closer to the center of your aim circle each shot in the Conqueror, thats probably why your hitting more shots

you could be doing more damage in the AX because you have better speed than the Chieftain, so if you are losing a side you can relocate better to another part of map and stay alive a bit longer, and the longer your alive the more your chance of increasing your damage

You are probably spot on Brendan. I am just very disappointed in the Chieftain. I don't know what it is good for. It is too slow for peek-a-boom and too weak for hull down DPM. It's a waste of a tier ten berth in a city map. It is weighted as a tier ten heavy in the matchmaking, which I believe can often put your team at a disadvantage. I suppose it's just a big crap medium with a squishy turret. 

BrendenF-99 #29 Posted 27 September 2018 - 12:46 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 31795 battles
  • [-ALF-]

View PostxxFINIDITCHEVxx, on 26 September 2018 - 09:12 PM, said:

You are probably spot on Brendan. I am just very disappointed in the Chieftain. I don't know what it is good for. It is too slow for peek-a-boom and too weak for hull down DPM. It's a waste of a tier ten berth in a city map. It is weighted as a tier ten heavy in the matchmaking, which I believe can often put your team at a disadvantage. I suppose it's just a big crap medium with a squishy turret. 

The Chieftain is definitely my favorite tank and i try to get hull down as mush as possible and use the DPM but if that isn't working for you then try to use the accuracy of gun at long range, the Chieftain's gun with it's accuracy, aim time and shell velocity make it a really good gun for firing at a longer distance, you might cop a fair bit of hate mail for it but it might work better for you

xxFINIDITCHEVxx #30 Posted 27 September 2018 - 07:01 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 671 battles
I'll give it a go. Like you say, probably get a load of abuse f we lose. What equipment are you running?

BrendenF-99 #31 Posted 28 September 2018 - 12:15 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 31795 battles
  • [-ALF-]

View PostxxFINIDITCHEVxx, on 27 September 2018 - 07:01 PM, said:

I'll give it a go. Like you say, probably get a load of abuse f we lose. What equipment are you running?

i used to use a Gun Rammer, Vents and a Vertical Stabilizer. but i recently swapped out the stabilizer for Coated Optics, mainly because i never really found myself firing on the move, by the time you stop, look at the target and aim at a specific point you are already fully aimed in, so i thought the extra view range would be more useful

xxFINIDITCHEVxx #32 Posted 28 September 2018 - 04:34 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 671 battles

View PostBrendenF-99, on 28 September 2018 - 12:15 AM, said:

i used to use a Gun Rammer, Vents and a Vertical Stabilizer. but i recently swapped out the stabilizer for Coated Optics, mainly because i never really found myself firing on the move, by the time you stop, look at the target and aim at a specific point you are already fully aimed in, so i thought the extra view range would be more useful

Sounds the same as mine. I might try something daft for sniping like nocs, net and rammer. See how it goes.

xxFINIDITCHEVxx #33 Posted 29 September 2018 - 07:27 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 671 battles
Yep, it's better cowering at the back. It just sees tier 10 far too often for my liking.

PLK180W #34 Posted 14 October 2018 - 10:40 PM

Major

• Players
  • 61 battles

View PostxxFINIDITCHEVxx, on 06 September 2018 - 06:04 AM, said:

...Some of my decent games in the Chieftain came about from going rage yolo and throwing Hesh around like confetti after driving through the line. 

Did you toot your little bugle and shout "Charge" over the net Sir?

Sounds suspiciously like some sort of Donkey Walloper tactics to me....

Through The Mud And Blood To The Green Fields Beyond

PLK180W #35 Posted 14 October 2018 - 10:57 PM

Major

• Players
  • 61 battles

View PostBrendenF-99, on 28 September 2018 - 12:15 AM, said:

Vents, Optics, V/S. Lose a bit of time on reload, gain in view range, aim speed, accuracy and chassis handling. 

Whilst V/S primarily helps firing on the move, it also assists in those times when I'm jinking between shots as the reticle is starting from a smaller base radii, combine that with Vents, BIA, Smooth Ride and Snapshot, you can pop out aim, shoot and scoot before they can aim in after moving their turrets, (in theory, (chuckle!))

As for the Rammer? I lose a couple of seconds in reload, so I don't leave myself exposed while reloading  if I can help it...

xxFINIDITCHEVxx #36 Posted 16 October 2018 - 08:46 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 671 battles

View PostPLK180W, on 14 October 2018 - 10:40 PM, said:

Did you toot your little bugle and shout "Charge" over the net Sir?

Sounds suspiciously like some sort of Donkey Walloper tactics to me....

Oh yes indeed. Getting picked apart with every shot left me with no other recourse other than taking one for the team and chucking some HESH up a few arses in the process. It actually works out well for the team. The decent mobility helps.

PLK180W #37 Posted 18 October 2018 - 10:26 AM

Major

• Players
  • 61 battles
You do realise that damage is being taken out of your wages...

xxFINIDITCHEVxx #38 Posted 23 October 2018 - 09:04 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 671 battles
I'm a HESH spamming nightmare! Many a hull down IS7 or Super Conquerer has backed down after a few splats in the face, even if it is only doing 150 damage. They don't like it I tell you.

HollowPoint_808 #39 Posted 02 November 2018 - 01:30 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 20143 battles
  • [PATS]
I like it 
                                                                                        PS4 

xXMorbid Angelx #40 Posted 02 November 2018 - 11:24 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 22525 battles
  • [2SSPK]
I played two matches in my chieftain yesterday. First on fisherman’s bay, I pushed the town and dealt just under 6500 damage from the north side. Second match was Nomonhan, spawning from the south side I dealt just over 6k from the middle hill. Both games ended as losses due to potato teams, but nonetheless, the chieftain is a force to be reckoned with. If people actually learned how to play a tank instead of seeing that it’s marked a heavy and assuming “ARMOR GOOD, ME BOUNCE BIG SHOTS” . Any tank can be penned hull down with most tier ten heat. Sitting still and playing static in a hull down position is where most people screw themselves. The chieftains aim time is unmatched, try rocking in a hull down position. It’s simple. Too many people buy there way to tens these days and don’t learn how to play any tanks prior so they’re basically chunks of meat. Just an observation though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users