Jump to content


amx chaffe

why needs a buff

  • Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

ViewierTexas68 #1 Posted 04 September 2018 - 11:27 PM

    Private

  • Players
  • 43817 battles
  • 3
  • [SFSH]
  • Member since:
    02-12-2014
sorry for complaining but why does the amx chaffe only have 600 hit points despite being bumped upto tier 7 when others like the 1375 has 850 hit points or am i missing something                                                             many thanks                                                                                                                                                                           texas

SirDerp-a-lot #2 Posted 05 September 2018 - 12:41 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 52501 battles
  • 8,186
  • [GER_1]
  • Member since:
    05-15-2016
The AMX Chaffee has 50 % more clip damage, 18 % better DPM, 20 m more view range.

Funktastic Ed #3 Posted 05 September 2018 - 09:56 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 18674 battles
  • 686
  • Member since:
    11-21-2014

View Postkorbendallas-01, on 05 September 2018 - 12:41 AM, said:

The AMX Chaffee has 50 % more clip damage, 18 % better DPM, 20 m more view range.

 

Yeah, but the 13-75 is a joke, one of the worst tank in the game, wich in my opinion should not exist as standalone tree tank, it should be the stock version of the 13-90.

AMX Chaffee have only 800 average clip damage, most targets encountered at tier VIII and IX have around 1600 HP, do the math.


"Idiots dare everything, that's how you really know they are."

SirDerp-a-lot #4 Posted 06 September 2018 - 12:05 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 52501 battles
  • 8,186
  • [GER_1]
  • Member since:
    05-15-2016

View PostFunktastic Ed, on 05 September 2018 - 10:56 PM, said:

Yeah, but the 13-75 is a joke, one of the worst tank in the game, wich in my opinion should not exist as standalone tree tank, it should be the stock version of the 13-90.

 

That was his comparison, not mine.

 

View PostFunktastic Ed, on 05 September 2018 - 10:56 PM, said:

AMX Chaffee have only 800 average clip damage, most targets encountered at tier VIII and IX have around 1600 HP, do the math.

 

Wotinfo still lists it as tier VI, and it's my tier VI with the highest average damage.



steelheadclan #5 Posted 06 September 2018 - 02:56 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 15062 battles
  • 4,811
  • [REAL]
  • Member since:
    03-05-2017

View PostFunktastic Ed, on 05 September 2018 - 01:56 PM, said:

 

Yeah, but the 13-75 is a joke, one of the worst tank in the game, wich in my opinion should not exist as standalone tree tank, it should be the stock version of the 13-90.

AMX Chaffee have only 800 average clip damage, most targets encountered at tier VIII and IX have around 1600 HP, do the math.

Amx Chaffee is the only tier 6 tank I have with multiple 4000+ direct damage games with many of those in tier 9 games.

It's very capable for how slow and fragile it is.

View Postkorbendallas-01, on 05 September 2018 - 04:05 PM, said:

 

That was his comparison, not mine.

 

 

Wotinfo still lists it as tier VI, and it's my tier VI with the highest average damage.

My highest damage tier 6 light with the first 100 or so games from when I was a tomato.


 


BadassToni007 #6 Posted 06 September 2018 - 08:20 AM

    Private

  • Players
  • 2861 battles
  • 8
  • Member since:
    09-26-2017
600hp als stufe 7 ist ein super Witz macht dem wenigstens 900 hp oder 800hp und mehr durchschlag weil das schlimm 600 hp ist für stufe 7 zuwenig

SirDerp-a-lot #7 Posted 06 September 2018 - 11:21 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 52501 battles
  • 8,186
  • [GER_1]
  • Member since:
    05-15-2016

View PostBadassToni007, on 06 September 2018 - 09:20 AM, said:

600hp als stufe 7 ist ein super Witz macht dem wenigstens 900 hp oder 800hp und mehr durchschlag weil das schlimm 600 hp ist für stufe 7 zuwenig

 

Die 600 HP sind das einzige, was den Panzer an der Kette hält. Die anderen Stats sind so heftig, daß er sonst jedes Spiel dominieren würde.

SlashingYew172 #8 Posted 08 September 2018 - 02:06 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 26721 battles
  • 243
  • Member since:
    11-13-2015

Yeah, AMX Chaffee is awful after 4.6, not only HP is way too low, but it also feels sluggish. 

It has 560hp engine, but it feels like 260hp.

@WG, can you check if everything is OK with that tank? Maybe there's a bug (wouldn't be surprised to be honest?)



steelheadclan #9 Posted 08 September 2018 - 04:44 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 15062 battles
  • 4,811
  • [REAL]
  • Member since:
    03-05-2017

View PostSlashingYew172, on 08 September 2018 - 06:06 AM, said:

Yeah, AMX Chaffee is awful after 4.6, not only HP is way too low, but it also feels sluggish. 

It has 560hp engine, but it feels like 260hp.

@WG, can you check if everything is OK with that tank? Maybe there's a bug (wouldn't be surprised to be honest?)

 

I feel I know it pretty well and I’m not feeling any change in moving characteristics in it and it’s certainly not awful. 

Snakebite does feel different though. 

 

Amx Chaffee does seem to suffer from less XP and silver per battle now though. 


 


SirDerp-a-lot #10 Posted 08 September 2018 - 07:04 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 52501 battles
  • 8,186
  • [GER_1]
  • Member since:
    05-15-2016

View PostSlashingYew172, on 08 September 2018 - 03:06 PM, said:

Yeah, AMX Chaffee is awful after 4.6, not only HP is way too low, but it also feels sluggish. 

It has 560hp engine, but it feels like 260hp.

@WG, can you check if everything is OK with that tank? Maybe there's a bug (wouldn't be surprised to be honest?)

 

Not sure, it was never the quickest scouts to begin with, not its strength. But I had a similar feeling with several other tanks.

 

HP is basically ok, once the scout tide is (hopefully) flattening out. With the many scout-on-scout fights, it's a hindrance.



SirDerp-a-lot #11 Posted 08 September 2018 - 07:06 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 52501 battles
  • 8,186
  • [GER_1]
  • Member since:
    05-15-2016

View Poststeelheadclan, on 08 September 2018 - 05:44 PM, said:

Amx Chaffee does seem to suffer from less XP and silver per battle now though. 

 

That was to be expected, the inherent XP bonus through the special match making is hard to make up for. Certainly more than the 10 % additional bonus it got.

 

Silver is directly derived from XP I think.



steelheadclan #12 Posted 08 September 2018 - 08:04 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 15062 battles
  • 4,811
  • [REAL]
  • Member since:
    03-05-2017

View Postkorbendallas-01, on 08 September 2018 - 11:06 AM, said:

 

That was to be expected, the inherent XP bonus through the special match making is hard to make up for. Certainly more than the 10 % additional bonus it got.

 

Silver is directly derived from XP I think.

A try hard load out can be absolutely painful to the silver pile now:(

 

 


 


Wroclaw #13 Posted 08 September 2018 - 09:54 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 54791 battles
  • 4,608
  • Member since:
    08-28-2016

its no longer a tier 6. it doesnt have to have its armor profile, or its hitpoints balanced against other tier 6.

 

it should either get its hitpoints raised, or its engine power.

 

one of those 2 should be buffed.



ROY Altman #14 Posted 12 September 2018 - 12:40 AM

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 17891 battles
  • 14
  • [TUG]
  • Member since:
    10-15-2015

View PostViewierTexas68, on 04 September 2018 - 05:27 PM, said:

sorry for complaining but why does the amx chaffe only have 600 hit points despite being bumped upto tier 7 when others like the 1375 has 850 hit points or am i missing something                                                             many thanks                                                                                                                                                                           texas

With warming moving and charge to tier 7 the up needs to be increased to be at least comparative to the other tanks in its tier and class. For gosh sakes the and 12t has 100 more up than it and it is a whole tier lower. I bought this tank due to its matchmaking and crew train potential. Now I might as well throw that money in the waste paper basket. Does anyone else agree the tank needs a hp boost at least to compare with the tier?

 


Edited by ROY Altman, 12 September 2018 - 12:42 AM.


ROY Altman #15 Posted 12 September 2018 - 12:42 AM

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 17891 battles
  • 14
  • [TUG]
  • Member since:
    10-15-2015

View Postkorbendallas-01, on 04 September 2018 - 06:41 PM, said:

The AMX Chaffee has 50 % more clip damage, 18 % better DPM, 20 m more view range.

 

compared to what?

deadman1921 #16 Posted 12 September 2018 - 12:47 AM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 27380 battles
  • 1,542
  • [-STO-]
  • Member since:
    12-27-2014

The Lycan is better and it was free

 

I own both, paid for one obviously. 

 

JMO


Soldiers of the One/ #GlenIsOurs

 


steelheadclan #17 Posted 12 September 2018 - 01:58 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 15062 battles
  • 4,811
  • [REAL]
  • Member since:
    03-05-2017

View Postdeadman1921, on 11 September 2018 - 04:47 PM, said:

The Lycan is better and it was free

 

I own both, paid for one obviously. 

 

JMO

Lycan is certainly a stronger tank,,, I think it's the best premium tank war gaming  gave away yet  I actually like the chaffee more.

It's the challenge.


 


deadman1921 #18 Posted 12 September 2018 - 09:26 AM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 27380 battles
  • 1,542
  • [-STO-]
  • Member since:
    12-27-2014

View Poststeelheadclan, on 11 September 2018 - 07:58 PM, said:

Lycan is certainly a stronger tank,,, I think it's the best premium tank war gaming  gave away yet  I actually like the chaffee more.

It's the challenge.

 

 

I honestly like both myself. The AMX is more challenging for sure. It's still a very good light.

 

Totally agree, WG gave away a really strong light. It's fun.

I didn't really need the Chaffee but I really enjoy auto-loaders and it popped up in the TT, couldn't resist. Need to play it more. :playing:

I still think it needs T7 HP, but can live without it.


Soldiers of the One/ #GlenIsOurs

 


Kebabsaurus Rex #19 Posted 12 September 2018 - 10:32 AM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 18637 battles
  • 1,926
  • [ASYLM]
  • Member since:
    02-07-2015
Great tank, does feel sluggish though





Also tagged with why, needs a buff

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users