Skoda T 50, Pool's medal and Mastery Ace tanker on Fisherman's Bay

Skoda Czekoslovakia medium pool medal ace tanker mastery tier IX Fisherman

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

mer0u1 #1 Posted 06 September 2018 - 01:47 AM

Staff sergeant

• WoTC Online Contributor
  • 32373 battles

For so many months I've been struggling to get a Mastery Badge: Ace Tanker with the Skoda T 50, only getting Mastery Badge: Class I at best. Then, a few days ago, I played this game and got it. And a Pool's medal as well.

Skoda T 50 is definitely my favorite tank in the game and I've played with quite a lot of tanks for 4 years. Even if I regret the nerf on the reload time, the tank can still perform but really needs a good team or, ideally, a very good platoon mate to get cover and back up when things go wrong. Or when you reload ;)

Edited by mer0u1, 06 September 2018 - 01:54 AM.

"Do or do not. There is no try!"

dreadnought8283 #2 Posted 06 September 2018 - 01:54 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 7032 battles

View Postmer0u1, on 05 September 2018 - 07:47 PM, said:

For so many months I've been struggling to get my Mastery Badge: Ace Tanker with the Skoda T 50, only getting Mastery Badge: Class I at best. Then, a few days ago, I played this game and got it. And a Pool's medal as well.

Skoda T 50 is definitely my favorite tank in the game and I've played with quite a lot of tanks for 4 years. Even if I regret the nerf on the reload time, the tank can still perform but really needs a good team or, ideally, a very good platoon mate to get cover and back up when things go wrong.

Do you have the tvp 50/51 to? If so do you still prefer the skoda t 50 over it?

mer0u1 #3 Posted 06 September 2018 - 02:26 AM

Staff sergeant

• 32373 battles

View Postdreadnought8283, on 06 September 2018 - 02:54 AM, said:

Do you have the tvp 50/51 to? If so do you still prefer the skoda t 50 over it?

I have both and I still prefer the tier IX. The tier X is great because it has some pros like its 4 shells magazine, but it also has its cons. And they really matter now.

First, the recent nerf made its reload time going from 28s to 31s, which is stupid because it's already been nerfed last time, seeing its reload time passing from 25s to 28s. So two nerfs in a few months is too much for this medium tank, even if it can still perform. It just lost its "fun" or entertaining dimension.

Second, its power/weight ratio (25 Vs. 26.04) and turret speed are worse than Skoda T 50's (36°/s Vs. 42°/s) and it makes quite a difference on the battlefield.

Then, finally, they also nerfed the delay between two shots, which was originally like Chi-Ri's, making its main strength (burst) "normal".

The best things from TVP T50/51 are its maximum speed (60Km/h Vs. 50Km/h), traverse speed (54°/s Vs. 42°/s), aiming time (2,1s Vs. 2,2s) and ground resistance (0,8/1,1/1,8 Vs. 1/1,35/1,95).

The gun handling is approximatively the same on both tanks, so there is no difference. But since they both lack armor I prefer to have a better mobility, and the power/weight ratio is of great importance here, to help getting out of trouble as fast and soon as possible. Traverse speed is only great for turning around a target or on itself but does not really help for withdrawing from a tough fight. Of course, ground resistance can make a difference but I find Skoda T 50's quite efficient and enough. Moreover, I prefer a shorter reload time, even if it costs me a shell, for being able to fight back quicker rather than waiting for too long by driving around while exposing the tank to enemy's fire.

Edited by mer0u1, 06 September 2018 - 02:31 AM.

dreadnought8283 #4 Posted 06 September 2018 - 03:18 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 7032 battles
Oh that's very useful information +1 for you an I was thinking about grinding specificly for the skoda the 50, because I like it's design better tbh. So all in all good news to my ears :)

mer0u1 #5 Posted 06 September 2018 - 11:28 AM

Staff sergeant

• 32373 battles

View Postdreadnought8283, on 06 September 2018 - 04:18 AM, said:

Oh that's very useful information +1 for you an I was thinking about grinding specificly for the skoda the 50, because I like it's design better tbh. So all in all good news to my ears :)

To be honest, the grind until the Skoda T 50 can be very long. And painful. I hated the T-34/100. But on the other hand I did not play the russian medium by that time, so.... it has the same issue as those: lack of depression. The TVP VTU was a good surprise although I'd been told it was a real pain because it is too big. But the TVP VTU is a very good trainer to anticipate how you will have to play with Skoda T 50 since it has the same shape (but bigger) and gameplay style, of course without the autoloader. Like the Skoda T 50, it has a lot of packs to research. I suggest you skip the T40 (39N) pack, which is useless in the end and get the T 40 (41N) late pack instead. The reason is the 88mm VZ.41N gun is way more useful to the TVP VTU for its style of gameplay. Plus, the 105mm CM VZ. 39N gun does not carry on Skoda T 50 afterwards. So you don't need it. The Skoda 16 ADH 140 engine will get you the power/weight ratio and mobility you will get on Skoda T 50.

And last but not least, the Skoda T 50's autoloader comes in the very last pack. So you will have to grind all the packs before, until you can finally unleash all the tank's firepower. And it takes quite a very long time since they are really expensive on exp.

Edited by mer0u1, 06 September 2018 - 11:36 AM.

Also tagged with Skoda, Czekoslovakia, medium, pool, medal, ace, tanker, mastery, tier IX, Fisherman

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users