take point take point feedback take point op

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

IBROX 04 #21 Posted 06 September 2018 - 08:58 PM

Major

• Players
  • 20327 battles
  • [BNKR]
Ain't even gonna try , already been said and I'd have to agree, too many points. Earn ops used to be fun and I enjoyed doing them. Just ain't enjoyable anymore.   Also Is it just me or are the earn ops getting shorter? 

Camelman Fin #22 Posted 06 September 2018 - 09:05 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 24501 battles
  • [CRPT]
That ship has sailed for me allready, because this week i havent had time to play more than 7 games on monday, this kind of ops dont suit people that have morning and evening shifts at work, atleast i dont have time to play basically at all on my evening shift weeks, atleast not anymore Last year i did play a lot after evening shift, but it was always away on my sleeping time and im sleeping only 2-4 hours on my mornings shift weeks, so i aint going to spend all nights being awake anymore atleast not because of this game that has gone worse and worse after last years summer

Edited by Camelman Fin, 09 September 2018 - 09:34 AM.

Grimace151 #23 Posted 06 September 2018 - 09:15 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 48867 battles
  • [CRPT]

It's different then before

i believe somethings are better 

1. Easier to obtain points (better for less skilled player)
  2. The ops help your 
  3. Simple
  4. Different

Somethings are worst

1. Not a huge fan of random pts 
  2. Can't play catch up on the weekend
  3. Rewards People who can grind (need more than 2hr a day to get big prize)
  4. Not enough advantage for skilled player
  5. Hard to do 50k a day and you need to avg 37.5pts a day 

Capn Ratchet45 #24 Posted 06 September 2018 - 09:43 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 21503 battles

View PostCaptainKaspar, on 06 September 2018 - 05:08 PM, said:

Op's concepts seems actually good, But! If players join  a few days later to this event, they won't get the top reward or what if “life“ keeps you away from tanking 1 - 3 days?  This is killing motivation pretty much. Make it less “ must play“ and more “just play“. This tolerance could bring players together and not dividing the playerbase in seals and tryhards. Just my 2cents.

this...there needs to be more points available per day...I'm running out of ops to do...you can't fit EVERY day into tanking...miss a day due to real life and yer totally screwed...kinda kills the motivation to play at all...I'm down for ops being difficult...hard to earn top prize...but thus op basically says if you don't complete everything everyday you don't get your tank...other ops I can take a break for a night...and maybe have a couple late long sessions when I have extra time on a weekend to make up for what was missed...this every day restriction is my least favorite op other than fatherland medal drops...on a POSITIVE note...the scourge looks like a great prize...which also frustrates me cuz I ain't gonna get lol...all is good in the hood...I've earned every tank since boilermaker so I think I'll survive lol...just throw more ops up...its not that we don't want to grind and earn...we just can't be restricted to WHEN we are ALLOWED to grind and earn!!!

Bashful #25 Posted 06 September 2018 - 09:51 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 27633 battles
  • [47R]

I responded earlier. Most of it is critical, and I realize that I should have listed some positives.

Changing away from the 5/3/1 point system is a very good positive.

However, the new system is based entirely upon completing ops. Well, that's actually forcing to play how you want to us play and not how we want to play --- want to complete the detection op? well, better play a fast tank, and not play artillery, tds, or a heavy. You don't like playing light tanks? Tough, that's what is required to complete that op. There simply aren't enough points sources available otherwise. It's not like you award a point a match so...

So the op-based system is actually a huge negative - we want to play how we want to play, and not have to jump thru hoops in order to get a prize.

Yes, in theory, players could just do the earn 50k XP op for 10 points. They will also get done the earn 100k XP op for 50 points as well if they do that. If you do the math, then you realize that players have to earn 3.75 million XP during the OP, or about 150k XP per day. That's more than a full time job!

I've read the rest of this thread --- and it's pretty clear from everyone that they've done the math and figured out that they basically have to play this game every day for several hours if they want to have a hope of completing it. I'm not holding my breath that a change will occur during this op. 

Mad Skippy #26 Posted 06 September 2018 - 09:54 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 28369 battles
  • [KMFA]

While I understand the intent of free tank Ops is to increase the playtime it at times feels like the burnout factor is overlooked.

That said I like the fact the op is based on completing Ops but as mentioned by many it seems structured to require someone to play every single day in order to complete. The 5x daily bonus was a great way to start but not all would've been able to take advantage of it. 

The intention may be to provide daily ops with increased rewards as the Op continues but without that knowledge many players are already giving up in frustration and are more likely to then play other games during the Op.

Sadriel Fett #27 Posted 06 September 2018 - 10:41 PM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 27739 battles
  • [A4C]

View Postleova, on 06 September 2018 - 02:32 PM, said:

This is the mistake here - players dont like to "grind", they like to PLAY and be rewarded for that play, whether in fun or ingame tangibles

OPs and Events that require "grinding" are BAD - you should reward players for having fun and doing the things they already do, rather than trying to force them into some sort of "9-5 workday tank grinding" mode like it seems currently

That's about how I feel doing a lot of the Ops, sometimes.  It's like Minecraft, but with tanks.  

~ "This game would be great, if it wasn't for our teammates." ~

~ There's no such thing as Arty Safe. You have to play Arty Aware. You have to play SmArty. ~

BrogueOne #28 Posted 07 September 2018 - 02:43 AM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 23061 battles
  • [ELDER]
Finishing the Daily Ops as a caveat to successful completion of the Earn Op is unfair and demanding.  Even for a fairly skilled, highly experienced player like me it can be impossible to complete them all in the time span of a “normal” gaming session....

Things aren’t being helped by the meta which was unintentionally created by the Merc Contracts...... Tusk is a long-azz grind that requires using light tanks. Thresher is a light tank and requires mostly lights to complete. Stinger is yet another light tank Contract. Caboose is again light tanks. And finally, Sharpshooter is mostly light tanks.... and absolutely incorrectly so!

On top of the overwhelming light tank requirements of the current contracts, you have Daily Ops for spotting. None of this is fun.

An Earn Op incentivizes a focus on the objectives required to earn the rewards. Players often play differently in order to do those things. I need 2500 damage in 3 games to finish the Wrecking Ball Op, so I take out tanks which I statistically average 2500 damage with.... those tanks are usually artillery..... with 3+ lights in every match thanks to the previously mentioned shift in the meta.... not fun.

I need to spot 3 tanks and also get spotting damage to complete 2 other Daily Ops.... The logical choice for greatest success is a light tank. Except that every match has 3-5 Lights per team.... that means everyone is competing for those spots and assistance and everyone is rushing forward like muppets and you’re just as likely to become the victim of a mob of Lycans as you are to be part of that mob! Again, not fun.

Anything we can do to earn extra points isn’t clearly understood until it’s announced.... We only know of one Tank we can purchase(with cash) to get extra points and we had to find out which one on the day it was released. What other tanks are coming and when? We can get an extra 25 for Commander, but that also hasn’t officially been announced except for an email which appears to be a mistake(probably a “controlled leak” but it still looks sloppy on your part). What else can we do to earn this tank that won’t be limited by the effects of the light tank meta? What else can we do in game, that doesn’t ask us for gold, that isn’t “complete all daily Ops”?

boomerkid91 #29 Posted 07 September 2018 - 05:56 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 16898 battles
  • [TCT]
I’m not a fan of this style of op. Basically people like me that are limited to 3 days or so a week of playing will not be able to complete the op.... 

Mashed #30 Posted 07 September 2018 - 08:10 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 36533 battles

I like that the daily Ops earn points, which would be great during a top 5 XP points Op, but in this current Op you don't earn enough points each day to make me want to bother with it.  Miss a few days and that's it no chance in earning the tank.

I'd much prefer going back to the earn 400,000XP etc.. for the main tank.  That way everyone earns the tank using whatever they want to use and it doesn't affect gameplay, as there will be a variety of tanks being played (unlike mid tier when the top 5 XP Ops are on). 

Everyone can then get on with their grinds (if they still have any) and end up earning a premium tank if they put the effort in, but can play at their own pace depending on their schedule.

MashedIT | YouTube | Mixer |

You only help your team mates, because they cannot be shot at, if they are dead.

Jope2209 #31 Posted 07 September 2018 - 09:11 AM

Major

• Players
  • 32693 battles

View PostBrogueOne, on 07 September 2018 - 02:43 AM, said:

Finishing the Daily Ops as a caveat to successful completion of the Earn Op is unfair and demanding. Even for a fairly skilled, highly experienced player like me it can be impossible to complete them all in the time span of a “normal” gaming session....

Things aren’t being helped by the meta which was unintentionally created by the Merc Contracts...... Tusk is a long-azz grind that requires using light tanks. Thresher is a light tank and requires mostly lights to complete. Stinger is yet another light tank Contract. Caboose is again light tanks. And finally, Sharpshooter is mostly light tanks.... and absolutely incorrectly so!

On top of the overwhelming light tank requirements of the current contracts, you have Daily Ops for spotting. None of this is fun.

An Earn Op incentivizes a focus on the objectives required to earn the rewards. Players often play differently in order to do those things. I need 2500 damage in 3 games to finish the Wrecking Ball Op, so I take out tanks which I statistically average 2500 damage with.... those tanks are usually artillery..... with 3+ lights in every match thanks to the previously mentioned shift in the meta.... not fun.

I need to spot 3 tanks and also get spotting damage to complete 2 other Daily Ops.... The logical choice for greatest success is a light tank. Except that every match has 3-5 Lights per team.... that means everyone is competing for those spots and assistance and everyone is rushing forward like muppets and you’re just as likely to become the victim of a mob of Lycans as you are to be part of that mob! Again, not fun.

Anything we can do to earn extra points isn’t clearly understood until it’s announced.... We only know of one Tank we can purchase(with cash) to get extra points and we had to find out which one on the day it was released. What other tanks are coming and when? We can get an extra 25 for Commander, but that also hasn’t officially been announced except for an email which appears to be a mistake(probably a “controlled leak” but it still looks sloppy on your part). What else can we do to earn this tank that won’t be limited by the effects of the light tank meta? What else can we do in game, that doesn’t ask us for gold, that isn’t “complete all daily Ops”?

^^this 100%^^

So, not everyone is able to ''grind'' each and every day, the prize is tempting to all players, that can't be denied, but there has to be the measure of fun while doing the ''grind''...Fun factor is missing from this Op.:confused:

The other thing Brogue mentioned is more important since it affects game meta and makes the game hardly playable for any other class than light tanks. 4 Merc contracts are light class dependant, and I can tell you it's not fun playing with 5-6 light tanks on each team, everyone is spotted in first 15 seconds, yolo is so real this time around, Not fun being swarmed by 5 fast autoloaders, it's hard to play TD's like that, I rarely play arty, but I'm not even gonna try while this meta is on. Heavy tanks and meds must stay close to each other, otherwise they will get massacred. I've seen so many games with top ligth tank on ABR (not one but even two or three lights as top 3).. Kinda gets old..And this comes from a player who loves to play light tanks...

The 13. (Tiger) Kompanie, of Panzer Regiment Großdeutschland, reported on the performance of the 88 mm KwK 36 L/56, when their Tigers engaged the T-34: "First round hits were usually achieved at ranges between 800 to 1,000 meters. At these ranges, the Panzer Granate (they are referring to the PzGr. 39 APCBC ammunition) absolutely penetrated through the frontal armor, and usually still destroyed the engine at the rear of the T-34 tank. In 80 percent of the cases, shots from the same range hitting the side of the hull toward the rear of the tank resulted in the fuel tanks exploding. Even at ranges of 1,500 meters and longer, during favorable weather, it is possible to succeed in penetrating the T-34 with minimal expenditure of ammunition" (JENTZ, Thomas L.; Germany's TIGER Tanks - Tiger I and II: Combat Tactics; op. cit.).

3 MoE tanks: T-34, Pz IVH, Tiger I, Pz.Kpfw. T 25, M7, T-50

New updated poll - please take a minute and cast your votes for the least preferred map in rotation (2019)

BrogueOne #32 Posted 07 September 2018 - 11:54 AM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 23061 battles
  • [ELDER]

View PostJope2209, on 07 September 2018 - 09:11 AM, said:

^^this 100%^^

So, not everyone is able to ''grind'' each and every day, the prize is tempting to all players, that can't be denied, but there has to be the measure of fun while doing the ''grind''...Fun factor is missing from this Op.:confused:

The other thing Brogue mentioned is more important since it affects game meta and makes the game hardly playable for any other class than light tanks. 4 Merc contracts are light class dependant, and I can tell you it's not fun playing with 5-6 light tanks on each team, everyone is spotted in first 15 seconds, yolo is so real this time around, Not fun being swarmed by 5 fast autoloaders, it's hard to play TD's like that, I rarely play arty, but I'm not even gonna try while this meta is on. Heavy tanks and meds must stay close to each other, otherwise they will get massacred. I've seen so many games with top ligth tank on ABR (not one but even two or three lights as top 3).. Kinda gets old..And this comes from a player who loves to play light tanks...

Kasserine Pass last night..... I’m in my Bulldog and there’s 4-5 lights per team. I’m desperately trying to squeeze in points because I didn’t have as much time to play as usual, so I yolo..... So did every other light tank! Most of us went for the SW field area and none of us started attacking other lights until I’m pretty sure we had all gotten 3 spots and at least one spot damage ribbon.

So, yeah...... “doing what’s required” means not playing the game normally.

Matthew31790 #33 Posted 07 September 2018 - 02:32 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 45971 battles
  • [_WNG_]

I agree with everyone else. It is too steep to be able to get the required points. 1 missed day and you are SoL. That being said, I am currently on track to get the scourge but the ops this week will be a little harder, especially tracked assist damage one. That is an op that would be harder to get in conjunction with the other ops on a work day.

However, war gaming could turn this around. I think during the last two weeks they could increase the point reward from the ops or make a daily type of op that can net you 50 points for your normal play time (couple of hours). I think it should be easy to get at least 50 points in a night playing after work. Maybe even more like 100 points. 

FinlandRed #34 Posted 07 September 2018 - 03:27 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 21538 battles

View PostRaiBOT01, on 06 September 2018 - 03:22 PM, said:

All you have to do is grind points to get rewards! 

Do please let us know what you think of the operation and share with us the current rewards you are receiving!  Your feedback helps us evaluate the Op.  Hopefully bring it back soon!

Who doesn't like rewards? I know I do!

I can usually ground out points like a total boss with the 5/3/1 format but a quick scan of the scoring system told me not to bother with this. I don't have the time to play more than a few hours a week so there's no point even trying plus it's too soon after the King Tiger op. I missed x5 Monday so there's no way to catch up.

I played 9 matches in just under 2 hours Tuesday night and got 24K of the 50K so I'd need about 3.5 hours to get the 50K. I can't do that every night. It's supposed to be fun not work.

As for the intermediate rewards? A totally underwhelming waste of time. There's a total of 180K of bonus silver on offer. I have 92M so you can't tempt me with that. Hell I can make 170K on one round of WS (Guess you'll nerf that again now I've said).

A couple of days Premium Time? I've 330 and you give it away so often I won't need to buy any come Black Friday although given the current direction of travel the game will be done before my premium time is.

Sorry to be so negative but this is an op that rewards people who have time to play all the ops and knock out 50K every day. For those of us who have other commitments there's nothing in the lesser rewards worth trying for. If the points you could get earned you a percentage discount on the tank I'd think about it. Get 450 points get half off. As it is I want to play less.

Capn Ratchet45 #35 Posted 07 September 2018 - 04:20 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 21503 battles

View PostBrogueOne, on 07 September 2018 - 02:43 AM, said:

Finishing the Daily Ops as a caveat to successful completion of the Earn Op is unfair and demanding. Even for a fairly skilled, highly experienced player like me it can be impossible to complete them all in the time span of a “normal” gaming session....

it can't be put better than this...as a light tanker I'm doin alright...and I've defended the crap out of lights during the tier ten release...but I have to admit with all of the ops you have just mentioned...the take point op (lots of spotting and assist pts to earn) the merc contracts all being lights...and the fact that lights are just becoming more popular in general has led to swarms of 5man USA and France light yolo trains that are completely screwing up this game royally...last night I was thoroughly disgusted at this game...the insane deadlines on the merc tanks are part of the problem...if you want the tank you have no choice other than to spam prem lights all night

I44I Warlock #36 Posted 07 September 2018 - 04:27 PM

Major

• Players
  • 38439 battles
  • [I66I]

I don't like the concept to earn points by the daily ops.

To get the Scourge people have to play nearly every day and i have my exams in 2 weeks, so i can't complete the ops every day.

It would be better if i can farm more points these days, because now i have time, so i can take the days before my exams off. 

Of course a premium tank should require effort, but it shouldn't require to be online nearly every day.

- Execute Order 66 -

3 marked tanks: 68 

GameWinner_001 #37 Posted 07 September 2018 - 04:30 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 42613 battles
  • [TOP-N]

View PostBrogueOne, on 07 September 2018 - 03:43 AM, said:

Well said.

PDX Axe #38 Posted 07 September 2018 - 06:35 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 30435 battles
The first weekend was ok with 3x and 5x days helping to get the 50k xp more often, and also more standard ops too, so more pts possible each day.  Now there are very few ops, so you can only earn a limited amount of pts per day, and even doing all my x2's every day it takes much longer to get the 50k pts bonus.  And since each stage requires more pts,  it has added to the slowdown.  We need a larger number of standard ops, and allow xp boosts to count towards the 50k op, not just the x2 daily first win.

Beast_4_2 #39 Posted 08 September 2018 - 08:48 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 31624 battles
  • [-GR-]

The prize is a heavy tank. I don't like heavies. I prefer mobility over armor so I mostly play light tanks. I do have the time to put in this op every day and the skills to get around 35-40 points a day. I will most probably win the Kirovets but will not play it much. I will probably not enjoy playing it. 

Suggestion 1

Perhaps the ops to win a tank should reward players who play the same type of tanks as the prize. If you use a heavy to complete the ops then you get twice (or more) the points. 

Suggestion 2

You must play tanks of the same tier or higher as the prize tank. Or play a tier under the prize tank and up. 

In june 2016 I won the Motherland. I had began playing WoT a few weeks before that and my highest tier tanks at the time were tier 5. When I took the Motherland out I had no clue how to play. I had no business at tier 8 and even less so in tier 10 games. 

HungryLinus #40 Posted 09 September 2018 - 08:08 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 25490 battles
  • [STRV]

Earn 50,000 XP in any number of battles to earn 10 points.

It would have been better if it had been like this.

Earn 50,000 XP in any number of battles to earn 25 points.

my suggestion

Now that it's been a week, how much points have you got?

Also tagged with take point, take, point, feedback, take point op

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users