World of Tanks Mercenaries - Take Point Op FEEDBACK

take point take point feedback take point op

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

MIZZY19 #41 Posted 10 September 2018 - 05:20 PM

Private

• Players
  • 8934 battles
I agree with everybody else this OP is to time consuming and all the lights are really getting annoying. I do like the way you earn points I think you just need to add more ways to earn them.

Blazer1948 #42 Posted 11 September 2018 - 02:58 AM

Private

• Players
  • 5770 battles
It really is not worth the time, its a fatherland with significantly less front turret armor and 1.3 second longer reload.  The fatherland's gun is outdated, the pen was always too lower for tier 10.  All the newer tier 8 tanks that have been added the last couple of years are hard to pen with the poor accuracy of the gun.  I'm retired and have played it way too much.  I'm at take point 9 and  still have over 300 points to go and the reward for tp 9 is 3 premium days and one take point.  Also, I really suck at the current vengeance is mine op, so that is 11 points a day I will not make.  Go spend the time with friends and family the dog or brushing your teeth.

xristelias86 #43 Posted 11 September 2018 - 05:19 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 17930 battles

View PostNETTYGIRL327, on 11 September 2018 - 02:58 AM, said:

It really is not worth the time, its a fatherland with significantly less front turret armor and 1.3 second longer reload.  The fatherland's gun is outdated, the pen was always too lower for tier 10.  All the newer tier 8 tanks that have been added the last couple of years are hard to pen with the poor accuracy of the gun.  I'm retired and have played it way too much.  I'm at take point 9 and  still have over 300 points to go and the reward for tp 9 is 3 premium days and one take point.  Also, I really suck at the current vengeance is mine op, so that is 11 points a day I will not make.  Go spend the time with friends and family the dog or brushing your teeth.

Try artys. That's how I got the "vengeance is mine "op ;)

choppermeir #44 Posted 11 September 2018 - 05:54 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 9047 battles
  • [FILTH]
I don't even bother with these ops anymore. I have too much going on in the real world to play WoT for 8 hours a day, couple that with the bfV beta and I just gave up before it even started, I get that it should be a challenge to get a free tank but the only one I've ever earned is the hammer.
Streaming over on http://www.twitch.tv/choppermeir 

Bashful #45 Posted 11 September 2018 - 06:02 AM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 27138 battles
  • [47R]

Can someone at WGCB explain the logic behind putting out an daily operation that can only be completed by one person per team?

More importantly, why have such an op during an Earn event where every single point is super precious, I'm trying to figure out why it was decided to gate 6 points (and the completion bonus) behind such a daily

Edited by Bashful, 11 September 2018 - 06:03 AM.

Andr3 zockt #46 Posted 11 September 2018 - 09:21 AM

Private

• Players
  • 32846 battles
  • [W-GER]
Another op for the non working comunity. Wg ließ from our payment but the working comunity is never reaching 900 points. I'm sorry to say that this op is a fail 

TBO K1LL4C4M #47 Posted 11 September 2018 - 12:05 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 10619 battles
Jeez, are Guys really complaining about the fact you have a Chance to earn a Tank for free Just by playing the Game? Do you really think they hand out 40-70€/$/£ Tanks to everyone? Greedy greedy. Fun Fact you don't even have a Chance by playing everyday for 2-3h Like the average player does. You have to buy Premium and spend a Minimum of 5-7h per day playing. I missed every "win a Tank" yet ans wouldnt even consider whining about because its my choice how i spend my time and so its yours.

Ronin Gaidin #48 Posted 11 September 2018 - 01:24 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 34051 battles

View PostNETTYGIRL327, on 10 September 2018 - 10:58 PM, said:

View Postxristelias86, on 11 September 2018 - 01:19 AM, said:

Try artys. That's how I got the "vengeance is mine "op ;)

Bert (FV304) for the win!!!  But Nettygirl327 does not have that tank unlocked. Given that, I'd recommend using a relatively quick reloading tank to pound away at enemy tracks. Preferably on a mobile platform. Got Vengeance is Mine twice yesterday in Bert, but the third time I went out and made it my goal in the Awesome Panther. Worked out pretty well. Often takes a surprisingly low amount of tracked damage to get the top spot. 

HaydnSym45 #49 Posted 13 September 2018 - 12:22 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 26455 battles
I miss the top 5 for points from yonder days of ol... I mean last month :( . This is such a more massive grind it is just staggering. Only upside is grinding Mercs at the same time so a little double dipping.

TBone571 #50 Posted 13 September 2018 - 03:10 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 26654 battles

View PostBrogueOne, on 06 September 2018 - 06:43 PM, said:

Finishing the Daily Ops as a caveat to successful completion of the Earn Op is unfair and demanding. Even for a fairly skilled, highly experienced player like me it can be impossible to complete them all in the time span of a “normal” gaming session....

Things aren’t being helped by the meta which was unintentionally created by the Merc Contracts...... Tusk is a long-azz grind that requires using light tanks. Thresher is a light tank and requires mostly lights to complete. Stinger is yet another light tank Contract. Caboose is again light tanks. And finally, Sharpshooter is mostly light tanks.... and absolutely incorrectly so!

On top of the overwhelming light tank requirements of the current contracts, you have Daily Ops for spotting. None of this is fun.

An Earn Op incentivizes a focus on the objectives required to earn the rewards. Players often play differently in order to do those things. I need 2500 damage in 3 games to finish the Wrecking Ball Op, so I take out tanks which I statistically average 2500 damage with.... those tanks are usually artillery..... with 3+ lights in every match thanks to the previously mentioned shift in the meta.... not fun.

I need to spot 3 tanks and also get spotting damage to complete 2 other Daily Ops.... The logical choice for greatest success is a light tank. Except that every match has 3-5 Lights per team.... that means everyone is competing for those spots and assistance and everyone is rushing forward like muppets and you’re just as likely to become the victim of a mob of Lycans as you are to be part of that mob! Again, not fun.

Anything we can do to earn extra points isn’t clearly understood until it’s announced.... We only know of one Tank we can purchase(with cash) to get extra points and we had to find out which one on the day it was released. What other tanks are coming and when? We can get an extra 25 for Commander, but that also hasn’t officially been announced except for an email which appears to be a mistake(probably a “controlled leak” but it still looks sloppy on your part). What else can we do to earn this tank that won’t be limited by the effects of the light tank meta? What else can we do in game, that doesn’t ask us for gold, that isn’t “complete all daily Ops”?

Spot on. The only thing I could add is that WOT Console has way too many things going on right now. The Mercenary Contracts have had way too many unintended consequences that affect game enjoyment.

WOT needs to pump the brakes and get back to basics including Earn Ops and fixing all the little bugs that come out with each new update. I don't feel like the current Earn Op is even tracking points correctly but I can't prove it.

Like many have said, the current Earn Op demands way too much time and when you realize that you are probably not going to be able to complete it or that it will require even more of your time, you get a little frustrated. But hey, it is a free tank so I won't complain too much. Anything is better than that stupid Fatherland random drop Op. That was when WOT "jumped the shark" for me and has been going downhill since.

SteampunkPagan #51 Posted 13 September 2018 - 07:14 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 91806 battles
  • [HDC-R]

Thus far I do like this format over all. I do believe there needs to be more ops however. I find myself running out then becoming bored & moving to another game. I would like to see something like complete an op then a new one replaces it. I am one of those RPG players who look at ops as a sort of "here is your mission now get it done" thing. Other than that I do not think I will get this one making it the first one I have not completed because of the lack of point opportunities on the OP side of the earning. But, I still like the over all format.

Thanks,

SPP 

“Who shot him? I asked. The grey man scratched the back of his neck and said: Somebody with a gun.” ― Dashiell Hammett, Red Harvest

"Arrête! C'est ici l'empire de la Mort"

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

BrogueOne #52 Posted 13 September 2018 - 08:02 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 22729 battles
  • [ELDER]

View PostSteampunkPagan, on 13 September 2018 - 07:14 PM, said:

Thus far I do like this format over all. I do believe there needs to be more ops however. I find myself running out then becoming bored & moving to another game. I would like to see something like complete an op then a new one replaces it. I am one of those RPG players who look at ops as a sort of "here is your mission now get it done" thing. Other than that I do not think I will get this one making it the first one I have not completed because of the lack of point opportunities on the OP side of the earning. But, I still like the over all format.

Thanks,

SPP 

Apparently they forgot about Dynamic Ops.... remember those? It’s too bad they broke the game and had to get pulled. Hopefully they can fix them and bring them back(they were popular, after all). 

I do agree that the format is a welcome change despite my feedback.  It’s a little less “unfair and demanding” now that new Ops are showing up which award 25-50pts, but none of them were disclosed when the Op started and they were simply content to make it look like “38pts a day or lose” was the only way to get the Scourge.  Better communication about how and what would show up to help the Op progress would’ve been prudent at the outset to helping avoid so much initial negative feedback.

SteampunkPagan #53 Posted 13 September 2018 - 08:06 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 91806 battles
  • [HDC-R]
Removed by me.

Edited by SteampunkPagan, 13 September 2018 - 08:11 PM.

“Who shot him? I asked. The grey man scratched the back of his neck and said: Somebody with a gun.” ― Dashiell Hammett, Red Harvest

"Arrête! C'est ici l'empire de la Mort"

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

HaydnSym45 #54 Posted 13 September 2018 - 10:00 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 26455 battles

View PostSteampunkPagan, on 13 September 2018 - 08:06 PM, said:

Removed by me.

What you did to me yesterday in a battle. But at least I was one of the last ones alive on my steam-rolled team. :hiding:

Pontiac Pat #55 Posted 15 September 2018 - 06:06 PM

Major

• WoTC Tournaments Contributor
  • 24657 battles
  • [47R]

I just watched the video from PC about the Caernarvan Action X premium tank challenge.  They built into their challenge one key feature that the take point op is missing - A discount to buy the tank based on your progress in the operation.  It has 10 stages and each stage completed grants a 10% discount on the package in the store.  If the Take Point operation included that, all the issues raised would be pretty much resolved in one fell swoop. (although the tier 5 minimum for the extra points is still an issue)

So, please offer package discounts based on operation progress in future earn ops!!!!

Thank you.

If you want to be one of the 47 Ronin check out our recruitment post and then send a message to Prof935 (xbox) or dimka935 (ps4).

Estimated Marks of Excellence thresholds - https://wotclans.com.br/tanks/moe

AskingCupid78 #56 Posted 15 September 2018 - 06:10 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 43653 battles

I do like this op, it can be a little bit timeconsuming but it does encourage players to use different tanks so we dont get the sealclubbing in op tanks such as the B2 or the endless numbers of Ch3, CKv1, Kv220 and last but not least the ultimate pay to win tank Pz 5/4 that just drive forward and spam premium ammo at absolutely everything.

There is just some small tveaks and adjustements that needs to be done like not make it a requirement  that you must do  tracking damage, it would be better to change it to assist damage and combine tracking and spotting damage.

Edited by AskingCupid78, 15 September 2018 - 06:11 PM.

Rap7or 1 #57 Posted 15 September 2018 - 09:29 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 60997 battles
  • [ECENI]
Not fun & how come when u run out it ops & u come top in a winning game no points awarded sure does say point for first win ?

RapidFoal799301 #58 Posted 16 September 2018 - 04:01 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20126 battles
Stage VII is a hurt piece.....after 475 points you get (1) x2silver boost...... that's it.

officially coined the phrase "Mentor Denier"

HaydnSym45 #59 Posted 16 September 2018 - 06:07 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 26455 battles

View PostRap7or 1, on 15 September 2018 - 09:29 PM, said:

Not fun & how come when u run out it ops & u come top in a winning game no points awarded sure does say point for first win ?

First win of the day - one per day. Not first win on each tank, or we’d all have the tank by now!

Nuke2099 #60 Posted 16 September 2018 - 06:13 PM

Major

• Players
  • 23087 battles
  • [KMD]

View PostNETTYGIRL327, on 11 September 2018 - 02:58 AM, said:

The Scourge has better front and side armour, can angle because no pike nose and it goes faster slightly forward and back with a tad better power to weight ratio.

The IS-3A has better turret armour and a better reload (slightly). That's the difference between them. 

lQqtvt1.gif

Also tagged with take point, take, point, feedback, take point op

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users