• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

Bashful #61 Posted 18 September 2018 - 06:21 AM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 28120 battles
  • [47R]

View PostBrogueOne, on 13 September 2018 - 12:02 PM, said:

Apparently they forgot about Dynamic Ops.... remember those? It’s too bad they broke the game and had to get pulled. Hopefully they can fix them and bring them back(they were popular, after all). 

I do agree that the format is a welcome change despite my feedback.  It’s a little less “unfair and demanding” now that new Ops are showing up which award 25-50pts, but none of them were disclosed when the Op started and they were simply content to make it look like “38pts a day or lose” was the only way to get the Scourge.  Better communication about how and what would show up to help the Op progress would’ve been prudent at the outset to helping avoid so much initial negative feedback.

I've found that their op selection is unfair - actually, it's a stronger word than that, but I'm trying to give positive feedback.

It's fine to have an daily operation where completion is totally within your control - damage 5 enemies for example. 

However, the Supreme Commander operation ... is a bad choice.

At this point, I'm not sure if I'll be able to pull it off doing just the other operations, the 50k operation, and the 50 point bonus op.

Either way, at this point, I'm wondering why the person designing these things feels the need to inflict pain and misery onto the player base.

HaydnSym45 #62 Posted 18 September 2018 - 10:26 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 26455 battles

View PostBashful, on 18 September 2018 - 06:21 AM, said:

I've found that their op selection is unfair - actually, it's a stronger word than that, but I'm trying to give positive feedback.

It's fine to have an daily operation where completion is totally within your control - damage 5 enemies for example. 

At this point, I'm not sure if I'll be able to pull it off doing just the other operations, the 50k operation, and the 50 point bonus op.

Either way, at this point, I'm wondering why the person designing these things feels the need to inflict pain and misery onto the player base.

Supreme commander isn’t that bad - and you can seal club at tier 3 for it if necessary. I hated the top track damage one last week - now there’s one you have literally no control over. “Please shoot this guy I purposely tracked... oh not this time ok. Maybe (20 times later) now? Oh you’re running that op too. Great.”

dreadnought8283 #63 Posted 18 September 2018 - 01:34 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 7032 battles

View PostPontiac Pat, on 15 September 2018 - 12:06 PM, said:

I just watched the video from PC about the Caernarvan Action X premium tank challenge.  They built into their challenge one key feature that the take point op is missing - A discount to buy the tank based on your progress in the operation.  It has 10 stages and each stage completed grants a 10% discount on the package in the store.  If the Take Point operation included that, all the issues raised would be pretty much resolved in one fell swoop. (although the tier 5 minimum for the extra points is still an issue)

So, please offer package discounts based on operation progress in future earn ops!!!!

Thank you.

^this an I was kinda surprised they didn't implement this especially since it's an easy way to make money, and when is the normal kirovets coming out?

Bashful #64 Posted 18 September 2018 - 04:57 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 28120 battles
  • [47R]

View PostHaydnSym45, on 18 September 2018 - 02:26 AM, said:

Supreme commander isn’t that bad - and you can seal club at tier 3 for it if necessary. I hated the top track damage one last week - now there’s one you have literally no control over. “Please shoot this guy I purposely tracked... oh not this time ok. Maybe (20 times later) now? Oh you’re running that op too. Great.”

Yeah, the tracking ones are PITA - I had one match last night were two of us where trying to do tracking damage to an enemy tank - it wasn't good.

The recent change to make some of the ops Tier 5+ has pretty much killed Tier 3 MM. Every time I've loaded up my -1c for some fun, it's a Tier 5 match...

TBone571 #65 Posted 18 September 2018 - 07:21 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 28733 battles

View PostBashful, on 17 September 2018 - 10:21 PM, said:

I mostly agree with you on the Supreme Commander as a Daily op for Take Point.

I was within reach of the 900 points needed but after last night's gaming session (I think I won three out of ten matches I played and most were absolute [edited]kickings) I have given up the ghost on grinding for this Opp. After three and a half years of playing and loving this game, I am no longer willing to grind. 

It feels like this opp (and most of the Mercenary Contracts) are designed for 10% of the player base and for those who have or will complete it, good for you. I do not have the time or the patience anymore.

mi amigo 9 #66 Posted 18 September 2018 - 11:18 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20324 battles

View PostBashful, on 18 September 2018 - 06:21 AM, said:

Actually what is your secret for damaging 5 enemies.  I constantly get 4.  I don't play TD's or  Art so I guess that's my main problem.  The rest I can get relatively easy using batchat or Panz I C.  Panz I C makes supreme commander fairly easy.  Embrace your seal clubbing dark side.  Actually when you usually win supreme commander is when your team is absolutely atrocious and you only need to pick up maybe 3 kills at most.  Got it with 2 once and the rest of my team was dead in about a minute and a half.

HaydnSym45 #67 Posted 18 September 2018 - 11:35 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 26455 battles

View PostBashful, on 18 September 2018 - 04:57 PM, said:

Yeah, the tracking ones are PITA - I had one match last night were two of us where trying to do tracking damage to an enemy tank - it wasn't good.

The recent change to make some of the ops Tier 5+ has pretty much killed Tier 3 MM. Every time I've loaded up my -1c for some fun, it's a Tier 5 match...

Tier 3 MM still works for the T127 :trollface:

Bashful #68 Posted 19 September 2018 - 03:22 AM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 28120 battles
  • [47R]

View Postmi amigo 9, on 18 September 2018 - 03:18 PM, said:

Actually what is your secret for damaging 5 enemies.  I constantly get 4.  I don't play TD's or  Art so I guess that's my main problem.  The rest I can get relatively easy using batchat or Panz I C.  Panz I C makes supreme commander fairly easy.  Embrace your seal clubbing dark side.  Actually when you usually win supreme commander is when your team is absolutely atrocious and you only need to pick up maybe 3 kills at most.  Got it with 2 once and the rest of my team was dead in about a minute and a half.

Pick a tank with a fast firing gun, some mobility (or stealth, if a TD), and just go to an area of the map that has plenty of conflict. Firing HE to do any amount of damage to them counts, so hit as many as you can, then move on to a different area.

Yeah, this isn't great for your team, but...

SprungNickel427 #69 Posted 19 September 2018 - 03:53 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 33955 battles
  • [UMFF5]

Allz I got to say is this Scourge better be guud Raibot01!! I fear it won't be, and It'll be parked right next to the Fatherland, rusting. 

I'm at Stage IX to get to 655 and X being 900 points. If I wasn't so keen on getting the Sharpshooter, there is NO WAY I'd finish the 900 points. I think I have 11 days left on the OP, but 53 days on my Sharpshooter grind, sorry, contract. Frankly, I don't care, I'm not losing sleep over it.

26K battles, and the need to complete is being drained out of me. I am realizing that it's more about playing the tanks I like. Sad to think the dream of Sr Tech Eng is slipping away. These Merc tank grinds are [edited].

MickeysGrenade #70 Posted 21 September 2018 - 07:16 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 25201 battles
I finished the OP and got the tank yesterday. I figured the take point ops would reset, so I could at least earn silvers and the equipment awards... unfortunately they do not. Now I am doing my daily ops, and often the only reward is for points that no longer accumulate towards any reward?

HaydnSym45 #71 Posted 21 September 2018 - 08:09 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 26455 battles
Just finished - the extra 50 point and 25 point ops helped quite a bit. Still a grind but not as insane as I thought it would be when it started. Thanks for the tank! :medal:

Larimus #72 Posted 23 September 2018 - 06:22 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 50990 battles
  • [IVXX]
Meh, I've played a lot and am still working on the op, but its 9/23 and I just passed 600 points. :(  I do not see any way to complete this.  The 10  completions on the Academy op have just been incidental, but have actually paid off better than the on point.  Nice try on something different, but in the end the mountain to the prize was just too steep.  Keep working on the game.  Ciao! 
Come possiamo volare con le aquile se siamo contornati da tacchini? - Zucchero

Come Dio è il mio testimone, ho pensato dei tacchini potrebbero volare!!! - Arthur Carlson, WKRP

LiteralComic635 #73 Posted 23 September 2018 - 05:50 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 491 battles

View PostMickeysGrenade, on 21 September 2018 - 07:16 PM, said:

I finished the OP and got the tank yesterday. I figured the take point ops would reset, so I could at least earn silvers and the equipment awards... unfortunately they do not. Now I am doing my daily ops, and often the only reward is for points that no longer accumulate towards any reward?

​I finished several days ago, you still get the other items such as med kit for the OP's it's just the points for the daily OP's that are useless since I already earned the Scourge.

ChubbyBuckle06

A SALT WEAPON #74 Posted 23 September 2018 - 06:47 PM

Private

• Players
  • 38601 battles
  • [LULZ]

I'm a super unicom player and I normally have no problem completing the earn ops. In fact this will be the first earn op that I have participated in and haven't completed with days to spare. I'm currently at 613 points and have put way more time into this op then previous earn ops. I have no problem completing the daily ops to earn points, most days I can complete them in under an hour. But due to my work schedule and spending time with my wife I'm not always able to play everyday. Due to the op structure (anyone with a job or life outside of video games) will not be able to complete this op. This op is almost as bad as the Lottery system the used when they gave away the Fatherland the first time. Earn ops should be based on skill not logging in and playing everyday. My patience is wearing thin with you people over at WarGaming. I think it's about time I take my time and money somewhere else.

LMN118 #75 Posted 24 September 2018 - 12:34 AM

Private

• Players
  • 6878 battles

Ultimately these earn ops are and have driven me away from the game, to the point where I gave up and switched to Armoured Warfare despite its crappy implementation on the Xbox.

Grinding is not fun. Having an op that rewards you with zero points even when you play well is not fun.

I started this OP late, but when my brother showed me it at the start of the month I knew it was one where you had to log in most days or you wouldn't be able to complete it.

Also trying to complete the Sharpshooter contract when all the stages are French, and it doesn't use any French parts is not fun.

Back to my original point, the last earn Op I did was the VK4503, after finishing that it was well over a month before I played WoT again. No WoT, no spending money on WG. I wonder how many people burn out on your earn ops, and how much that actually costs you.

kromhout55 #76 Posted 24 September 2018 - 09:32 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 34933 battles

I'm at level IX in this Take Point op but I cannot see me completing it.

Only a bog standard, average, older aged (63yrs) player. So I don't think I will get to finish the finial level before the op ends.

What would be nice if WOTs console offered a discount to say the final two level completions in a personal offer for the tank.

Might get me to open my wallet!

BurnZdaGr8 #77 Posted 24 September 2018 - 12:41 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 27950 battles

View Postkromhout55, on 24 September 2018 - 03:32 AM, said:

I'm at level IX in this Take Point op but I cannot see me completing it.

Only a bog standard, average, older aged (63yrs) player. So I don't think I will get to finish the finial level before the op ends.

What would be nice if WOTs console offered a discount to say the final two level completions in a personal offer for the tank.

Might get me to open my wallet!

I might open my wallet as well if they discounted the tank for getting to level IX. I'm sitting at 669 points right now, Monday morning and I'm back at work. Don't know if I'll get 900 before 3:59 am Thursday. Have seen some interesting things like enemy tanks getting rocked by team fire, only to see them drive off with 0 health twice. Didn't know there was fractions in H.P.

malhakita69 #78 Posted 24 September 2018 - 07:04 PM

Private

• Players
  • 17185 battles
  • [RDKST]

Took 14 days for me to aquire the Kirovets, starting from day one, four hours a day through week, and on weekend a few more on Saturday and Sunday. It is a grind, but in order to get a free tank, one must do it, or pay whatever amount the bundle cost. And, the tank is not bad at all to play, just hate reload time.But, I hate that on all my high tier tanks.

HungryLinus #79 Posted 24 September 2018 - 08:13 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 26244 battles
  • [STRV]

Done..

No. 10 free Soviet premium tank in garage.

General Fiasco1 #80 Posted 24 September 2018 - 09:06 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 22792 battles
I don't mind the op. I won't be reaching Take Point X as I can't get past Take Point V because even though I'm winning games on 1st battle for eeach tank I'm not getting the points! Maybe I just need to do better at the ops themselves!
Anyone else not getting their points?

Also tagged with take point, take, point, feedback, take point op

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users