BC 25t Equipment and Skills

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

mi amigo 9 #1 Posted 07 September 2018 - 07:02 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 18167 battles

Just got it.  My dream tank the one I think I'm born to play.  Scared to play a game still loading it out plus I bankrupted myself buying it.

All you experts what's the best to configure and why?  I consider myself generally an aggressive player that likes to mix it up the moment it makes sense. It's figuring out when that is that always gets me in trouble. I've looked at a couple old threads but want the latest thinking you are willing to share.

equip:.  Any scout type vehicle I automatically put on binoc and camo for those moments of passive scouting.  I see the overwhelming consensus is Optics, stabilizers, vents.  I'm actually primarily a aggressive style scout so that probably makes more sense but still it surprises me no one uses binoc's or camo for sitting in the early part of the game while waiting for things to develop and picking up some spotting damage.  I get it that batchat isn't a scout but it kind of plays like a TD, passive scout, active scout and aggressive medium to me all in the same game depending on what is going on at that particular moment.  It's why I love this line and I think this may be the most versatile tank out there.

Ammo.  got to get to the 105(i assume that should be the goal) but the 100 will be on my first game and  i don't see any real advantage to prammo in the pen.  That said in the 105 it looks to me like prammo could make a sig difference in pen and i need to bite the bullet and use silver and it more often.  Especially if I ever plan to mark it.

Skills:  Got Six.  mentor, bia, SS, camo, jack, smooth, ... thinking of swapping out for pain tolerance ... doesn't really matter i plan on putting 25 skills in eventually

Supplies:  my standard config is 2 small repair and 1 small first aid.  if it burns it burns but hoping with the less chance of fire than the AP it won't happen often and it didn't ever until the last damn update now crews and [edited]just break.  I've never been fancy with consumables.

Thanks in advance.

DwarfOnDrugs #2 Posted 07 September 2018 - 07:05 PM

Major

• Players
  • 30450 battles
  • [-UNL-]

vents

stabs

gld

repair

med

food

SS

BIA 

Repairs

FIRE FIGHTING

PREV MAITENANECECECe

whatever suits you

HEAT--54 #3 Posted 07 September 2018 - 07:37 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 12023 battles
You need no prammo in the 105.  30-0-0 is the way to go.  

Vert Vents Optics

Repair First aid Food

Sixth, BiA, Camo, Repairs, Situational Awareness, Recon, Silent Driving, Snapshot, Smooth Ride, CB, ORD, etc

TheKitsuneFox #4 Posted 07 September 2018 - 07:56 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 26322 battles
  • [W0TFR]
Batchat used to be "the" tier X scout.
But that was before tier X Light Tanks, forget about passive scouting now, especially with the overwhelming amount of IX and X Lights in games lately.
It's main role has changed: you prey on these Lights but don't get overwhelmed, 44 sec reload and poor accuracy won't help you here.
Then once they're gone, you pick on isolated targets and perform active scouting, all whilst never stopping.
If you stay still, do it far away from the reds or you'll get insta locked and shot at... You're fast but not fast enough to dodge the first round of shells flying at you.

Mine has the following :

Stab
Vents
Optics

Big repairs kit / big health kit / auto extinguisher.

And crew has 6th sense, BiA, Camo, Repair, Smooth ride, Off road, Clutch Braking, Snapshot, Situational awareness, Recon and Mentor, working on Jack of all trades...

Haukkis #5 Posted 07 September 2018 - 08:12 PM

Major

• Players
  • 33278 battles
I don't have Batchat yet but I would use: Opticts, Vents, Vertical Stabs.  Crew skills: 6th Sense, BIA, Camo, Silent Driving (really usefull!), Snap Shot, Clutch Braking, Situational Awareness, Recon. 

steelheadclan #6 Posted 07 September 2018 - 08:39 PM

Major

• Players
  • 14893 battles
  • [REAL]

Optic

v stab

vents

repair

med

food

all apcr or 1 clip of heat and rest apcr. 

I often shoot 1 heat clip first then apcr.

all the gun, vision, camo and mobility skills you can get. 

A good crew really helps it. 

mi amigo 9 #7 Posted 07 September 2018 - 08:53 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 18167 battles

View PostTheKitsuneFox, on 07 September 2018 - 07:56 PM, said:

Batchat used to be "the" tier X scout.
But that was before tier X Light Tanks, forget about passive scouting now, especially with the overwhelming amount of IX and X Lights in games lately.
It's main role has changed: you prey on these Lights but don't get overwhelmed, 44 sec reload and poor accuracy won't help you here.
Then once they're gone, you pick on isolated targets and perform active scouting, all whilst never stopping.
If you stay still, do it far away from the reds or you'll get insta locked and shot at... You're fast but not fast enough to dodge the first round of shells flying at you.

Mine has the following :

Stab
Vents
Optics

Big repairs kit / big health kit / auto extinguisher.

And crew has 6th sense, BiA, Camo, Repair, Smooth ride, Off road, Clutch Braking, Snapshot, Situational awareness, Recon and Mentor, working on Jack of all trades...

Yep on style of play I think your right.  I didn't have the batchat AP before the change in lights so from the beginning of the batchat line I've been hanging back at the beginning waiting for the lights to burn out.  Kind of passive scout/TD as I will shoot if i don't think i will expose myself to bad and I can move away quickly.  Then if I haven't done something foolish about half way through the game I can start opportunistically start running and gunning in support.  I love the my sheridan but I'm sorry I missed out on the glory days when the batchat could start active harassment in the beginning of the game.

I just don't catch fire enough even after the last update (never before really) to justify an extinguisher.  I may change that if it starts happening but the T has less than half the chance of the AP even to catch fire so I think i will keep gambling.  I would love big repair and big first aid but that's just more silver to burn I don't think the boost they give you in prevention justifies the spend.  I'm thinking about the food though but that's a consumable you always spend so that could get expensive.

I'm going to spend gold and swap out binocs and camo and go with the standard everyone seems to use and makes sense to me of optics, vert, vents.

mi amigo 9 #8 Posted 07 September 2018 - 08:58 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 18167 battles

OK been meaning to ask this one for awhile.  How do you take advantage of clutch breaking?  Do you all have custom controllers because it's position on the controller is just awkward to me to use in the heat of battle.  I would actually love to swap the left upward button and replace the wheel with it.

Edit:  Ok looking at the controls options.  I see there are some configs that actually sort of do that.  Anyone have one they like?  Handbrake click config looks interesting.

Edited by mi amigo 9, 07 September 2018 - 09:08 PM.

AndroidHunter45 #9 Posted 07 September 2018 - 09:01 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 18551 battles
  • [RETRO]

vents, vert stab, optics.

all APCR, no heat.

food, repair kit fire ext.

camoflage, silent driveng, snapshot, smooth ride, recon, situational awareness, dead eye, off road driving, clutch braking, repairs, track mech. tell 6th sense to take a walk. 

Edited by AndroidHunter45, 07 September 2018 - 09:07 PM.

AndroidHunter45 #10 Posted 07 September 2018 - 09:02 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 18551 battles
  • [RETRO]

View Postmi amigo 9, on 07 September 2018 - 08:58 PM, said:

OK been meaning to ask this one for awhile.  How do you take advantage of clutch breaking?  Do you all have custom controllers because it's position on the controller is just awkward to me to use in the heat of battle.  I would actually love to swap the left upward button and replace the wheel with it.

clutch braking just improves the rotation of your vehicle so you can turn tighter circles. it's not a button you have to push.

Edited by AndroidHunter45, 07 September 2018 - 09:10 PM.

mi amigo 9 #11 Posted 07 September 2018 - 09:12 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 18167 battles

View PostAndroidHunter45, on 07 September 2018 - 09:02 PM, said:

clutch braking just improves the rotation of your vehicle so you can turn tighter circles. it's not a button you have to push.

yes meant handbrake though i'm guessing clutch breaking enhances it.

mi amigo 9 #12 Posted 07 September 2018 - 09:20 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 18167 battles

View PostAndroidHunter45, on 07 September 2018 - 09:01 PM, said:

vents, vert stab, optics.

all APCR, no heat.

food, repair kit fire ext.

camoflage, silent driveng, snapshot, smooth ride, recon, situational awareness, dead eye, off road driving, clutch braking, repairs, track mech. tell 6th sense to take a walk. 

debated SS ever sense the targeting change ... still like it though because they don't always target you and i like knowing... i don't put it on heavies though because if i'm worried about being detected i'm probably doing something wrong

P6X330 #13 Posted 08 September 2018 - 01:41 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 15363 battles
  • [AMXS]

View Postmi amigo 9, on 07 September 2018 - 03:12 PM, said:

yes meant handbrake though i'm guessing clutch breaking enhances it.

hand brake on a medium does not really provide such an improvement. I have the B-C AP, and while I use the hand brake a lot on my lights, for example to drift into turns that I would not otherwise be able to make, on the Bat-Chat, it only works when you are really at full speed.

Clutch Braking is a good skill to add with tanks that handle like a cruise ship!

Edited by P6X330, 08 September 2018 - 01:48 PM.

Bad teams are in the same battle. Good teams work together! don't complain, contribute.

P6X330 #14 Posted 08 September 2018 - 05:16 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 15363 battles
  • [AMXS]

I just unlocked the Bat-Chat 25t now....

The first package is zero XP;

My question to you is:

Should I wait until I can free XP the 105 mm gun, 45K XP, or should I just purchase the tank, 6.1MM + 100 mm gun at 127K Silver, and go with it until I have enough XP to buy the last package?

The 100mm gun package works quite well on the Bat-Chat AP, I am thinking it is not going to be much different on the big brother. My AP has a crew with only one Perk BiA, and I am 98% trained with Repairs, and the tank hold its own, as long as I am not too pushy.

Bad teams are in the same battle. Good teams work together! don't complain, contribute.

mi amigo 9 #15 Posted 09 September 2018 - 03:38 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 18167 battles

View PostP6X330, on 08 September 2018 - 05:16 PM, said:

I just unlocked the Bat-Chat 25t now....

The first package is zero XP;

My question to you is:

Should I wait until I can free XP the 105 mm gun, 45K XP, or should I just purchase the tank, 6.1MM + 100 mm gun at 127K Silver, and go with it until I have enough XP to buy the last package?

The 100mm gun package works quite well on the Bat-Chat AP, I am thinking it is not going to be much different on the big brother. My AP has a crew with only one Perk BiA, and I am 98% trained with Repairs, and the tank hold its own, as long as I am not too pushy.

I'm sort of like you.  I've been following some of your earlier advice and saving my free XP but not for to get the 105 but to get all the top packages once I move into the IS3.  I'm perfectly fine playing the IS until I can start fully trained with multiple skills in the IS3.  That's because my goal is to 3 mark the IS3 and why start with a handicap grinding through all the underperforming packages with an undertrained crew just like I've down running up to tier 10 everytime.  I did that for the E4 and amx 105 and was then so disappointed with the tanks I sold them before giving them a good chance.

Now I'm torn and thinking of using the free XP to unlock the 105 on the batchat and build up enough silver to play with prammo and espresso from the get go. 

From your posts knowing how you are a bit more conservative than me I would wait and follow your normal strategy.  Playing the AP is enjoyable and I think even though I've yet to play it the T is going to be a significant jump in performance especially if you use premium consumables and ammo on the 105 package.  I sold the AP to buy the T and I still have no money now ha ha.  Plus I would build up your crew skills before jumping.

I'm glad I like the IS even though it's not a sexy tank compared to the IS3 because as I write this I just talked myself into using the free XP on the batchat bahaha.  Also I got to build a bankroll to afford to play it so time to primarily play the lycan and cromwell B.  I should have held onto the AP a little longer now the T is going to have to sit for a in the garage a little while.  My IS crew needs more skills anyway before it's next jump so it's all good. :-)

P6X330 #16 Posted 09 September 2018 - 02:07 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 15363 battles
  • [AMXS]

View Postmi amigo 9, on 08 September 2018 - 09:38 PM, said:

I'm sort of like you.  I've been following some of your earlier advice and saving my free XP but not for to get the 105 but to get all the top packages once I move into the IS3.  I'm perfectly fine playing the IS until I can start fully trained with multiple skills in the IS3.  That's because my goal is to 3 mark the IS3 and why start with a handicap grinding through all the underperforming packages with an undertrained crew just like I've down running up to tier 10 everytime.  I did that for the E4 and amx 105 and was then so disappointed with the tanks I sold them before giving them a good chance.

Now I'm torn and thinking of using the free XP to unlock the 105 on the batchat and build up enough silver to play with prammo and espresso from the get go. 

From your posts knowing how you are a bit more conservative than me I would wait and follow your normal strategy.  Playing the AP is enjoyable and I think even though I've yet to play it the T is going to be a significant jump in performance especially if you use premium consumables and ammo on the 105 package.  I sold the AP to buy the T and I still have no money now ha ha.  Plus I would build up your crew skills before jumping.

I'm glad I like the IS even though it's not a sexy tank compared to the IS3 because as I write this I just talked myself into using the free XP on the batchat bahaha.  Also I got to build a bankroll to afford to play it so time to primarily play the lycan and cromwell B.  I should have held onto the AP a little longer now the T is going to have to sit for a in the garage a little while.  My IS crew needs more skills anyway before it's next jump so it's all good. :-)

I am not certain holding up on free XP for the last package is the clever move on this one.

Since I got a feeling of what the 100mm gun does from playing the AP, getting 45K XP with the BC 25t is not going to be much of an issue.

However, it is not going to happen right now, because I am on the Tusk, close to finish stage 7.

I am almost at 17.8MM now, so once I complete my stage, I will have 20MM in the bank. That's enough to purchase the Bat-Chat, equip it, get it a full supply load, and recruit a 75% crew.

But there is no rush anyway. The last stage of the Tusk can only be accomplished in a Tier X light, and I only own the 105. At the rate I am going, it is going to take me until December to finish Stage 8.

So I am not sure I will do anything yet.

Prior to 4.6, my main objective was the AMX 30; I already started to unlock the packages with free XP. On this side of 4.6, I am now wondering if I should instead go back to the AMX AC 48, and step through to the Foch.

At this very moment, my focus in on getting the Tusk, if I can. Playing the same tank over and over requires a lot more focus than I thought. It is good for training your crew, but 4.6 happened in the middle, and it has thrown me out of sync with the extended reload.

I have taken a bash lately, as the tank is a little bit more complex to get to work. Such as, early in the battle, on certain maps, I could be aggressive to get some early damage. On these same maps, I cannot have the same strategy, because I am not loaded yet. 5 seconds is a large difference in a light tank...

Edited by P6X330, 09 September 2018 - 02:10 PM.

mi amigo 9 #17 Posted 10 September 2018 - 03:53 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 18167 battles

View PostP6X330, on 09 September 2018 - 02:07 PM, said:

I am not certain holding up on free XP for the last package is the clever move on this one.

Since I got a feeling of what the 100mm gun does from playing the AP, getting 45K XP with the BC 25t is not going to be much of an issue.

However, it is not going to happen right now, because I am on the Tusk, close to finish stage 7.

I am almost at 17.8MM now, so once I complete my stage, I will have 20MM in the bank. That's enough to purchase the Bat-Chat, equip it, get it a full supply load, and recruit a 75% crew.

But there is no rush anyway. The last stage of the Tusk can only be accomplished in a Tier X light, and I only own the 105. At the rate I am going, it is going to take me until December to finish Stage 8.

So I am not sure I will do anything yet.

Prior to 4.6, my main objective was the AMX 30; I already started to unlock the packages with free XP. On this side of 4.6, I am now wondering if I should instead go back to the AMX AC 48, and step through to the Foch.

At this very moment, my focus in on getting the Tusk, if I can. Playing the same tank over and over requires a lot more focus than I thought. It is good for training your crew, but 4.6 happened in the middle, and it has thrown me out of sync with the extended reload.

I have taken a bash lately, as the tank is a little bit more complex to get to work. Such as, early in the battle, on certain maps, I could be aggressive to get some early damage. On these same maps, I cannot have the same strategy, because I am not loaded yet. 5 seconds is a large difference in a light tank...

I gave up on the tusk contract because I honestly don't see value in the tank compared to the Sheridan.  I still am in the contract at stage 5 and am actually holding off only completing my last spotting objective with the batchchat T so I can have the 3 days premium when I have time to use them which will be in a day.  Stage 5 sucks because I couldn't use the Sheridan I only had the batchat AP but I'm almost done anyway in spite of that.  One crazy game I got 9k in spotting damage and 2k direct.  That should have counted for the whole objective. lol.  After this stage I can use the Sheridan and the batchat in some cases for all the rest of the stages and will probably play all of them except the last for just the premium time rewards and silver.  I could probably get the tusk if all i did was the Sheridan between now and xmas or bought back the 90 also but that thought brings me no joy or fun so I will just casually achieve all but the last stage which is doable .... or not.

It's funny how many people complained about the 105 on the forum (including me who sold it) then they nerf it because it turns out the really good players apparently were crushing with it.  I'm still not sure that was the right move.  I don't see the fact that a superior player can master a difficult tank that the average tanker struggles with somehow makes that tank OP.  In my mind that's how the game should work.  Tanks with limited capabilities everyone will suffer and we have all played them in grinds up the TT.   Average tanks both in skill required and capabilities will separate the good and bad but not by much and that should be most mid tier tanks.  Tanks that are difficult to master but have great potential if you can will reward the superior player but actually hurt the poor players.  As you go farther up the tech tree and especially at tier 10 tanks should primarily fall in the last category.  To me that's the Sheridan, batchat, 105, etc.  Statistically they could actually figure this out but it's clearly not how they are using the statistics.  It's easier just to actually apply common sense though through evaluating games.  Statistics unless incredibly sophisticated will have a hard time evaluating these things and they need to be generated during actual game play not through mass collection of generalized data after the fact which is what they are doing.  I actually worked in the data mining field for years and it's really good at somethings and very bad at others and generally almost always misused to justify outcomes people want but aren't really true.

OP is the ridiculous panz iv/v which didn't even get a nerf. they really can't take away the tier 7 armor (it's just a panz H then) but the could at least slow the damn thing down from tier 7 scout speed.  It allows even average players to overpower a field.  I still can't wait for an earn op and will drop everything else to get one since they obviously won't nerf it and I'm barely above average. :-)

Cellek_PL #18 Posted 10 September 2018 - 08:38 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 31614 battles
  • [N0CAP]

My equipment: vert stab, optics, vent

Using binoc and camo is a waste.

Long time ago it was good for spotting and dealing damage. After intruducing IX & X tier Light Tanks it's harder to play bat chat. You should focus on making damage. Especially now where almost every X tier game has 4 LTs on each side...

Best regards,

Cellek_PL

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube....wQbNz1UDNmX0gQQ

Orbtastic1 #19 Posted 10 September 2018 - 12:48 PM

Major

• Players
  • 40775 battles
  • [UK]

Players still advocating binocs and camo net for regular play on fast high tier tanks?

Jeez.

I think like most people have suggested - vents/optics/vstab and coffee. No heat.

You can get set on fire from frontal hits to the fuel tank(s), it'll happen in some games, same with rear hits to the engine. Prev maint helps with engine hits and fire wotsit skill will help you put the fire out quicker. I prefer coffee because it gives you the little boost you need to view/camo and more importantly, tightening up the gun handling, over dropping the med kit.

Orbtastic1 #20 Posted 10 September 2018 - 01:00 PM

Major

• Players
  • 40775 battles
  • [UK]
Nice game there, the STB was spamming HEAT, what was he doing? I'm surprised a couple of those long-range shots on the IS3/IS8 penned, the snapshot on the move against the T57 was more of a surprise, especially with HEAT.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users