63 replies to this topic

P6X330 #61 Posted 08 March 2019 - 01:01 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 15298 battles
  • [AMXS]

View Posteclairdelanuit06, on 07 March 2019 - 02:52 PM, said:

Optics Vstab and vents

Crew not at 100% with camo, muffled shot and silent driving...

BP!

Bad teams are in the same battle. Good teams work together! don't complain, contribute.

Brass Drag0n #62 Posted 15 March 2019 - 08:28 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 33235 battles

Quick question about research XP. I have 29k on the B-C 25 T AP and 20k on the Lorr 40T plus 11k of free XP - but when I click on the tier 10 it says I have about 160k of research XP still to find to unlock the B-C 25 T.

That suggests that the game is ignoring the XP on the Lorr, anyone know why? Is it just that it never occurred to WG to combine research grinds, because it wasn't an issue/possible back in the day? Max? Rai? 

Seems a bit unfair that I "have" to grind 200k on one tank instead of 100k on two (both the tier 9's are fully researched, so its not a lock on the research route). 

MoE: Firefly (2), Churchill III (2), KV-5 (2), Pz V/M10​ (2), Tiger 1​ (3)

(PS4 - DRAGONxxSWORD)

mi amigo 9 #63 Posted 07 May 2019 - 02:22 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 18167 battles

View PostBrass Drag0n, on 15 March 2019 - 08:28 PM, said:

Quick question about research XP. I have 29k on the B-C 25 T AP and 20k on the Lorr 40T plus 11k of free XP - but when I click on the tier 10 it says I have about 160k of research XP still to find to unlock the B-C 25 T.

That suggests that the game is ignoring the XP on the Lorr, anyone know why? Is it just that it never occurred to WG to combine research grinds, because it wasn't an issue/possible back in the day? Max? Rai? 

Seems a bit unfair that I "have" to grind 200k on one tank instead of 100k on two (both the tier 9's are fully researched, so its not a lock on the research route). 

Had me for a second but I understand what you are trying to say ... your reasoning doesn't seem logical to me but I can't figure out why. :-)

At first blush I would point out that you are gathering XP not researching though I know we all like to say that.  You are then applying XP to researching/unlocking a tank or tank parts.  Once unlocked they do decrease the XP needed to apply on that tank line or other tank lines where they are used again. So the 'research' is definitely used and applied broadly.

What you are asking is the ability to pool the XP earned across tank lines that happen to merge at the merge point.  I don't think it's entirely unreasonable I just doubt it ever occurred to anyone before including the designers.  It would basically be the equivalent of turning one tanks XP into free XP at the merge point.  You would have to lose the XP though say from the Lorraine line and start over for it to be fair.  The mechanics of implementing though would be a little a little confusing.  How do you decide how much of each tank's XP to use in general in unlocking the shared tank tree line?

I get it though tier 9 grinds are frustrating and any way to short cut them would be nice.  Especially in the russian lines where there is a lot of branching.  The worse is the the batchat 12 t though where you have to unlock 3 different tier 9 tanks.  Luckily the 12t is a pure joy to play.  So are all the tier 9's you unlock also.  I think this one little spot in the TT is so rare in that all the tanks going up the TT from here at least for me are worth owning and playing.  It's not a grind at all.

P6X330 #64 Posted 07 May 2019 - 11:57 AM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 15298 battles
  • [AMXS]

View PostBrass Drag0n, on 15 March 2019 - 02:28 PM, said:

Good catch! I would think it is a bug. The XP from both access tanks should be pooled together.

From Gamer Tag "Hypocrite":

Block Quote

Nope - that's how it works with vehicles that have more than one path into them; usually, one of the two vehicles will be the "proper" path and will have a lower XP requirement than the alternative path (generally an easier to play vehicle) which will have a different playstyle entirely.

Two examples of this are the French and Russian Artillery lines; both have entry points off a non-Artillery vehicle (AMX 12t & KV-2) but you pay a hefty premium in XP required to avoid the lower-tier artillery. Pooling the XP required would make it easy to play the more consistently capable vehicle line and then pay the "discounted" cost that going through the line normally requires.

Edited by P6X330, 07 May 2019 - 02:20 PM.

Bad teams are in the same battle. Good teams work together! don't complain, contribute.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users