BC 25t Equipment and Skills

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

mi amigo 9 #21 Posted 11 September 2018 - 09:16 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 18167 battles

View PostOrbtastic1, on 10 September 2018 - 12:48 PM, said:

Players still advocating binocs and camo net for regular play on fast high tier tanks?

Jeez.

I think like most people have suggested - vents/optics/vstab and coffee. No heat.

You can get set on fire from frontal hits to the fuel tank(s), it'll happen in some games, same with rear hits to the engine. Prev maint helps with engine hits and fire wotsit skill will help you put the fire out quicker. I prefer coffee because it gives you the little boost you need to view/camo and more importantly, tightening up the gun handling, over dropping the med kit.

It must be the update I'm definitely getting set on fire more in the T than I did in the AP even though it's suppose to happen less often but all my play in the AP was basically before the update.

I've already dropped the camo net and binocs.  for some reason I thought optics was only 3% boost but I realize I had been confusing it with the recon skill.  10% is pretty good.  I only got 6 skills so far I think have a lot of skills at this level and running any advantage you can get actually has a signficant impact if for no other reason just about everyone else is already.

So with coffee you run 1 med and 1 repair?  Large I'm assuming.  I always run smalls since i'm not on a premium acct but I will start running large as playing tier 10 is a splurge addiction I fund by playing tier 5-7.  Down the road I will probably save my tier 10 playing for days I'm on earned premium days but for now it's too much fun to resist.

Seems silly but the jump from tier 9 tank to tier 10 tank actually feels quite different in matchmaking. It's not like with a tier 9 tank you arent seeing a lot of tier 10 matches but every game is generally hard the skill level is so much higher and people tend to play more teamlike and less stupid.  Haven't played a lot of matches yet maybe it's just been luck of the draw.

Cellek_PL #22 Posted 11 September 2018 - 09:57 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 31614 battles
  • [N0CAP]

I normally run with 5 HEAT shells. I had a set up with 10 HEAT from ranked battles where there are only X tiers and mostly HT and well armored TD's.

On random games I use 5 HEAT as the last clip because i lost some games in the end-game fighting alone agaist one or some enemies in HT (like E100). HEAT shells allows me to shoot standing in front of enemy and penn lower plate.

Best regards,

Cellek_PL

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube....wQbNz1UDNmX0gQQ

HEAT--54 #23 Posted 11 September 2018 - 10:39 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 12023 battles

View Postmi amigo 9, on 11 September 2018 - 04:16 AM, said:

So with coffee you run 1 med and 1 repair?  Large I'm assuming.  I always run smalls since i'm not on a premium acct but I will start running large as playing tier 10 is a splurge addiction I fund by playing tier 5-7.  Down the road I will probably save my tier 10 playing for days I'm on earned premium days but for now it's too much fun to resist.

I run small kits with it.  You might be able to run it fine with food even without a prem account because the tank makes good silver.

Orbtastic1 #24 Posted 11 September 2018 - 11:49 AM

Major

• Players
  • 40775 battles
  • [UK]

Yeah binocs are 10% but you have to stay still for them to be active. It defeats the point in being a highly mobile top tier tank. Yes, there are maps where being passive and spotting/scouting is good but that's a tiny % of maps/games and it relies on your team. So best to max out your view range/camo AND be mobile AND have good/better gun handling.

I run large kits on EVERY tank I play, even down below tier 5. I have no premium account and haven't for a year or more. I have 100 million silver, I can't use it so tend to use it on tanks etc. Anyway it gives an active boost so probably works out cheaper overall.

French tanks have fuel cells in the front and frontal hull hits usually get you set on fire because just about every single tank you face can auto aim and pen you. A lot of tanks will try and track you, going for the front sprocket because a stationary BC is a dead BC, so perhaps you're being set on fire as a consequence i.e. fuel cells pretty near the front drive wheels.

HEAT--54 #25 Posted 11 September 2018 - 12:18 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 12023 battles

View PostOrbtastic1, on 11 September 2018 - 06:49 AM, said:

Yeah binocs are 10%. 

French tanks have fuel cells in the front and frontal hull hits usually get you set on fire.

Binocs are 25%. 

The only French tanks with fuel in the front are the 30/30B.  The Batchat has fuel tanks in the back.

Orbtastic1 #26 Posted 11 September 2018 - 02:48 PM

Major

• Players
  • 40775 battles
  • [UK]

My mistake, 10% optics, 25% binocs. I thought it was 5/10.

It does but it also has them in the front. The first 2/3rds of the entire lower/upper hull is fuel/engine. A frontal hit will set it on fire.

Same is true for the lights and mediums, they can all be set on fire with frontal fuel hits.

HEAT--54 #27 Posted 11 September 2018 - 03:41 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 12023 battles

View PostOrbtastic1, on 11 September 2018 - 09:48 AM, said:

My mistake, 10% optics, 25% binocs. I thought it was 5/10.

It does but it also has them in the front. The first 2/3rds of the entire lower/upper hull is fuel/engine. A frontal hit will set it on fire.

Same is true for the lights and mediums, they can all be set on fire with frontal fuel hits.

Fuel isnt the same as engine.  Most fires are fuel fires.

Fuel tanks, which are in the back of the Batchat, will burn 100% of the time when their HP hits zero.  

The Batchat engine has a 10% chance to catch each time it is hit.  

Both modules get a saving throw at 45%.

Engine: 45% x 10% = 4.5% chance to get set fire each time your engine is shot at.  

Fuel: 45% chance if they have a big enough gun, 20% chance if they have to shoot you twice.

Orbtastic1 #28 Posted 11 September 2018 - 04:41 PM

Major

• Players
  • 40775 battles
  • [UK]

I know they're different things!

I have been set on fire from frontal hits in my BC. I rarely get engine dmg in it.

The question is about the risks of not running large fire ext, you will get set on fire from frontal or rear hits, that's a fact. Like you've said one is more likely than the other.

I set half a dozen high tier Frenchies on fire yesterday from frontal hits after not playing for over a month.

HEAT--54 #29 Posted 11 September 2018 - 04:52 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 12023 battles
I gotcha, you have a different experience.  

Just thought I would bring some numbers into it.  

Personally I never have ran an AFE on the Batchat.  Small Repair, Small Aid and  Food is what I use.  I can count on one hand the amount of times I have been caught on fire and a few of those have been from arty.

Orbtastic1 #30 Posted 11 September 2018 - 05:07 PM

Major

• Players
  • 40775 battles
  • [UK]

Yeah I hear you. It's cool.

I think for me, twice, with no AFE. I don't play it that often and barely play WOT. Maybe if I played it as often as I did the Cromwells or higher tier lights it would be more.

French tanks for me, they are just fire hazards, it's why I was glad to be rid of the T9 med and why I get frustrated pushing for 3 marks in the lights using food. I was looking in-game on the modules on all the high tier French tanks I have, it doesn't split into fuel/engine but I assume lists them as one, the T9/10 you can almost hit from any angle, anywhere and set it on fire as the modules extend the entire chassis/hull. Looking online and from game experience they are clearly engine/fuel but the console makes no distinction for some reason.

HEAT--54 #31 Posted 11 September 2018 - 05:19 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 12023 battles

They are split and they don’t run the full length of the tank.  Here is a pic of the 25t from the top.  Orange is engine, Red is Fuel tank.

mi amigo 9 #32 Posted 12 September 2018 - 02:03 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 18167 battles

View PostOrbtastic1, on 11 September 2018 - 05:07 PM, said:

Yeah I hear you. It's cool.

I think for me, twice, with no AFE. I don't play it that often and barely play WOT. Maybe if I played it as often as I did the Cromwells or higher tier lights it would be more.

French tanks for me, they are just fire hazards, it's why I was glad to be rid of the T9 med and why I get frustrated pushing for 3 marks in the lights using food. I was looking in-game on the modules on all the high tier French tanks I have, it doesn't split into fuel/engine but I assume lists them as one, the T9/10 you can almost hit from any angle, anywhere and set it on fire as the modules extend the entire chassis/hull. Looking online and from game experience they are clearly engine/fuel but the console makes no distinction for some reason.

I think the update has made a big difference.  The T is catching fire more than the AP ever did but the AP i played almost all pre-update.  After the update the AP started catching fire when I never remember that happening before.  I got the T this week expecting things to be better but it's also catching fire but so also is my Sheridan which before the update also rarely caught fire.  Frankly all my tanks seem to be catching fire and crew getting injured more often post update.  Use to be I ran 2 repair kits which I used every game and one med kit which I had to use maybe every third game.  Not now.  I feel I'm getting stranded more from damage than just eventually being shot.  I never trained repair skills and now i feel i need to.

mi amigo 9 #33 Posted 12 September 2018 - 02:15 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 18167 battles

View PostOrbtastic1, on 11 September 2018 - 11:49 AM, said:

Yeah binocs are 10% but you have to stay still for them to be active. It defeats the point in being a highly mobile top tier tank. Yes, there are maps where being passive and spotting/scouting is good but that's a tiny % of maps/games and it relies on your team. So best to max out your view range/camo AND be mobile AND have good/better gun handling.

I run large kits on EVERY tank I play, even down below tier 5. I have no premium account and haven't for a year or more. I have 100 million silver, I can't use it so tend to use it on tanks etc. Anyway it gives an active boost so probably works out cheaper overall.

French tanks have fuel cells in the front and frontal hull hits usually get you set on fire because just about every single tank you face can auto aim and pen you. A lot of tanks will try and track you, going for the front sprocket because a stationary BC is a dead BC, so perhaps you're being set on fire as a consequence i.e. fuel cells pretty near the front drive wheels.

I just won some premium days from the tusk contract so I decide to put in large kits and food.  The food is expensive and because the large kits are also and they can fix several things at once i hesitate to use them so really they aren't doing me any good except as passive boost protection.  I'm just going to switch back to 2 small repair and 1 med.  I only have 6 skills on my crew.  Maybe when I get 10+ skills i can just food for the across the board boost on all those skills.

When I unlock the 105 and on days i have earned premium I can probably go for the large and food to try get my marks. 

off this topic but i know you are compared to the 14 day average to earn marks but is it also your last 14 day avg that is being used or the lifetime avg.  It seems like the lifetime avg given how my very first couple of games i though were pretty huge but that only moved my damage standing up to around 3% which clearly it wasn't.  I know that is because they using an exp moving avg but is it a 14 day ema or lifetime.  I guess the point of the ema is to weight most recent play but you got to build a base first.  I know those first couple of games were decent because I got 3 XP stars on both of them and top or near top of leaderboard and had well over 3k damage.

Edited by mi amigo 9, 12 September 2018 - 02:18 AM.

Orbtastic1 #34 Posted 12 September 2018 - 06:43 AM

Major

• Players
  • 40775 battles
  • [UK]

Yeah, compare the BC x-ray with the 30b's. They run the entire length of the chassis.

re: expense - That's tier 10 for you. I can't stand using the repair wheel and have the money so use large everything. I'm not noticeably losing money but obviously with food you probably will, if you have to use any kits and have repair costs.

P6X330 #35 Posted 27 September 2018 - 07:52 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 15363 battles
  • [AMXS]

Unlocked the last B-C 25t with free XP today.

I am now able to purchase the tank and all the additional upgrades. Something the Tusk grind greatly contributed to achieve.

As funny as it maybe, today I had my first almost epic battle since I play the game. I was the last man standing, delivered the spawn by destroying two enemy tanks that occupied it, unfortunately, while I did that, I became visible, and that B-C 25t could creep on me while remaining invisible.

He missed his first shot because I reversed, unfortunately I was on that 30 seconds reload, there was nothing I could do. Bleeding AMX 13-105 and its 3 shells shot!

Edited by P6X330, 28 September 2018 - 08:34 PM.

Bad teams are in the same battle. Good teams work together! don't complain, contribute.

LacqueredBacon #36 Posted 28 September 2018 - 07:26 PM

Major

• Players
  • 33071 battles

I'm glad this is here.

I went with repair kit, med kit, and food.  But I seem to be caught on fire very often lately.  I'm not sure if that is a change or just bad luck.

Anyone use auto extinguisher instead of food?

Orbtastic1 #37 Posted 22 November 2018 - 02:44 PM

Major

• Players
  • 40775 battles
  • [UK]

I have periods where I run large fire and then swap it out for food when I get frustrated with the gun handling.

It's annoying when you do get set on fire but on balance the performance to view/camo/gun handling/reload is probably worth it. Also worth considering I guess everyone hates BCs so wants to kill them when cornered or spotted etc. You rarely see anyone want to kill a tank more save for maybe a Waffle or arty.

Funktastic Ed #38 Posted 22 November 2018 - 09:34 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 18286 battles

View PostOrbtastic1, on 10 September 2018 - 01:00 PM, said:

Nice game there, the STB was spamming HEAT, what was he doing? I'm surprised a couple of those long-range shots on the IS3/IS8 penned, the snapshot on the move against the T57 was more of a surprise, especially with HEAT.

HEAT are immune to distance pen decrease.
"Idiots dare everything, that's how you really know they are."

P6X330 #39 Posted 26 November 2018 - 01:55 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 15363 battles
  • [AMXS]

What is really obvious, is the scarce ammunition. It makes me think you really have to consider each shot before taking it, because that can make the difference towards the end of the battle.

I am also thinking that it is possibly the one auto-loader you should not reload before you shoot your full clip. The reload being the same between a full or a one shot magazine.

I have not yet taken mine out, I am watching what other players do with theirs.

My crew has no skill/perk, I am thinking I need to at least get Sixth Sense before I start MP battles.

Edited by P6X330, 26 November 2018 - 01:56 PM.

Bad teams are in the same battle. Good teams work together! don't complain, contribute.

steelheadclan #40 Posted 26 November 2018 - 02:51 PM

Major

• Players
  • 14893 battles
  • [REAL]

View PostP6X330, on 26 November 2018 - 05:55 AM, said:

What is really obvious, is the scarce ammunition. It makes me think you really have to consider each shot before taking it, because that can make the difference towards the end of the battle.

I am also thinking that it is possibly the one auto-loader you should not reload before you shoot your full clip. The reload being the same between a full or a one shot magazine.

I have not yet taken mine out, I am watching what other players do with theirs.

My crew has no skill/perk, I am thinking I need to at least get Sixth Sense before I start MP battles.

Why would you play a tier ten with a new crew?

Especialy something like the bat chat?

vision, camo, gun handling, silent ride, mobility skills. 

Vents, v stab and optics for multi roll use. 

Small med, small repair and coffee. 

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users